Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:51:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bytecoin [BCN] vs MONERO [XMR] who will be the winner in the Cryptonote War  (Read 15697 times)
babybonobo

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:19:13 PM

Wow...stalkers everywhere on here.  Nearly every post I create somebody looks through this account's history to see what I've posted.  How is that post even relevant?  Thanks for the duckNote advertisement Cheesy, I'm not wasting any more of my time arguing over the internet...let's get back on topic, creep.

IMO duckNote's aura is similar to DogeCoin's, but also very different.  It is abstract and you probably wouldn't understand, because you don't feel the same sentiment, but yes if you simplify DogeCoin to being "silly" then I could see why you would see duckNote as being "based off Dogecoin".  It's a different style of humor in my opinion though and obviously has much different tech.

You Monero and DarkCoin fanboys can try to slander me as much as you want, but it's a boring discussion.  I've owned and sold both XMR and DRK, and I even told others when the best point to sell would be and I still got all these trolls on my back.  It's absolutely annoying to talk to you dumbasses.  There is actually a lot to consider with ByteCoin's origin, but you obviously have no looked into it far enough yourself and I'm not doing that DD for an asshole like you.  Enjoy arguing with yourselves and creepin' on others.

Yea, because you can definitely feel a coin's "aurora" over the internet..Makes sense.  Roll Eyes

I have one question for you and one question only, what drugs are you taking?

How about you read a dictionary, ya dumbass.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:19:52 PM

Wow...stalkers everywhere on here.  Nearly every post I create somebody looks through this account's history to see what I've posted.  How is that post even relevant?  Thanks for the duckNote advertisement Cheesy, I'm not wasting any more of my time arguing over the internet...let's get back on topic, creep.

IMO duckNote's aura is similar to DogeCoin's, but also very different.  It is abstract and you probably wouldn't understand, because you don't feel the same sentiment, but yes if you simplify DogeCoin to being "silly" then I could see why you would see duckNote as being "based off Dogecoin".  It's a different style of humor in my opinion though and obviously has much different tech.

You Monero and DarkCoin fanboys can try to slander me as much as you want, but it's a boring discussion.  I've owned and sold both XMR and DRK, and I even told others when the best point to sell would be and I still got all these trolls on my back.  It's absolutely annoying to talk to you dumbasses.  There is actually a lot to consider with ByteCoin's origin, but you obviously have no looked into it far enough yourself and I'm not doing that DD for an asshole like you.  Enjoy arguing with yourselves and creepin' on others.

Yea, because you can definitely feel a coin's "aurora" over the internet..Makes sense.  Roll Eyes

I have one question for you and one question only, what drugs are you taking?

How about you read a dictionary, ya dumbass.

Ok, I'll let you continue to feel coin's "aurora" over the internet.

Stay off the drugs buddy..
kbm

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:20:24 PM

Doesn't coinmarketcap list bcn as **/significantly premined?

Thanks Smiley
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:21:09 PM

I don't have cable. I love saving money. Between Netflix and this board, I stay thoroughly entertained Smiley

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
darkota

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:22:03 PM

82% premine by a handful of people before Bytecoin became known by the public.

Check the Bytecoin Blockchain for proof, it's been mined by the same group of people since 2012 when it was released in secret, and it was only made public on March, 2014(this year)
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:25:15 PM

I'd like to see the developers behind bytecoin come forward and destroy the premine in order to make the coin fair. I realize this probably is not going to happen so for me Monero is the winner. I do own some bytecoin, but mostly for short term speculation. I don't see how bytecoin can ever become big with the current issues unresolved. And perhaps it's best this way, I like the name "monero" from a marketing point of view.

I don't own any BBR, FCN, QCN or XDN, I believe in supporting the first fair release with a competent developer team, and that is monero.

babybonobo

Activity: 278

#hardworkpaysoff

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:27:54 PM

Still can't read eh?  LOL okay...enough of this circus trash.  Look again, read again...comprehend again...If you can't even read or understand a common English word and continue to misspell it time after time (after I wrote it and you have quoted it more than once) I don't know what to tell ya Huh (pro tip: "AURA" https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS482US482&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define:+aura)

ENOUGH.  I get it you're mad that not everybody loves the same coins that you do.  LETS MOVE ON.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:29:28 PM

82% premine by a handful of people before Bytecoin became known by the public.

Check the Bytecoin Blockchain for proof, it's been mined by the same group of people since 2012 when it was released in secret, and it was only made public on March, 2014(this year)

Technically it was more of a ninjamine than a premine.
darkota

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:31:37 PM

Still can't read eh?  LOL okay...enough of this circus trash.  Look again, read again...comprehend again...If you can't even read or understand a common English word and continue to misspell it time after time (after I wrote it and you have quoted it more than once) I don't know what to tell ya Huh (pro tip: "AURA" https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS482US482&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=define:+aura)

ENOUGH.  I get it you're mad that not everybody loves the same coins that you do.  LETS MOVE ON.

the distinctive atmosphere or quality that seems to surround and be generated by a person, thing, or place.
"the ceremony retains an aura of mystery"
synonyms:   atmosphere, ambience, air, quality, character, mood, feeling, feel, flavor, tone, tenor; More
a supposed emanation surrounding the body of a living creature, viewed by mystics, spiritualists, and some practitioners of complementary medicine as the essence of the individual, and allegedly discernible by people with special sensibilities.
any invisible emanation, especially a scent or odor.
"there was a faint aura of disinfectant"

I'm sure they're talking about tangible things, not virtual items..
kbm

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 11:42:27 PM

I believe in supporting the first fair release with a competent developer team, and that is monero.

Yeah, I think that's a pretty good point. Monero is backed by not only competent developers .. but experienced cryptocurrency developers with years into this even before Monero. Some of them have been here since the same time BCN genesis block was launched. That's not a small thing to pass up or look over.

I can think of one likely CN dev in particular who is suffering because of inexperience in the cryptocurrency field .. but is still a competent developer who knows the protocol nonetheless. It takes much more than knowing a protocol to make this stuff fly. Past experience with cryptocurrencies will win out over knowing one protocol. For all that time it's existed, there was certainly enough time to advance the protocol. They could have been spending time inside this board, but instead seem to have made a cryptocurrency as a side project over the last two years. Now all of a sudden it's some big thing to them and they need to share it? Why not even 6 months after it was released?

Thanks Smiley
emontmon

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:02:49 AM

If bytecoin fails not failure of open source. 
It was not them that developed the tech it was cryptonote.

Bytecoin is first implementation of cryptonote tech. Perhapse bytecoin was given tech on conditions to make it open source.  I don't know just guessing. Some are giving way too much credit to Bytecoin. 
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:19:58 AM

Ignore DARKOTA he is a troll who PUMPS and DUMPS - Look at his original thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=658541.100

Then look here:

https://bitcointa.lk/threads/litecoin-is-officially-dead.331214/page-5

Troll on indeed:

http://coinmap.org/
www.uselitecoin.com

This thread is starting to show the true TROLL: I have been PM'ing everyone in this thread, some have even joined the Litecoin Talk forum because of this troll so i actually think its ok his lies - everyone is being PM'd this:

'Litecoin is dead'

Look at the original thread - he has deleted more than 40 posts from people supporting Litecoin, he is a troll who pumps and dumps

Bizmark13

Activity: 462

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:33:53 AM

Looking at Coinmarketcap.com, Bytecoin has a higher market cap than Monero ($8 million vs. $5 million) but it also has 20 times less volume ($10,000 vs. $250,000). Which measure is more important when determining success and which coin would be considered the more successful of the two right now?
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 02:49:24 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2014, 05:40:06 AM by David Latapie

Finally, there is the moral question to consider among this all. Bytecoin was the one that started it all, and to have it fail would, to me, represent a failure of open source principles. It is apparent that whoever wrote the code behind Bytecoin and its forks put in a lot of effort into it and so there is also the moral idea that the Bytecoin devs have every right to reap the rewards of their creation.
Tenebrix was the first scrypt coin. It was also a premine an a fail. First-mover advantage is overrated, ask VHS, HTML, SDRAM or Flash - none of them had first-mover advantage.

Edit: regarding the origin of Bytecoin, read the full story. I bet most of you well amazed, even those who think they know.

Edit2: I would like several coins to succeed, not only one. At least for  diversity, I truly believe diversify is paramount for survival. Plus, one can imagine several coins for several uses or community. Dollar and yen are basically the same coin on the technical side but worth a different userbase  -  US and Japan, in that case.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 03:27:13 AM

Monero has been the most hyped coin of the year (except DRK)...
It's gotten so absurd that "Hero Members" are claiming it's the first alt they ever bought...
And people on here are claiming that a $5 million cap coin has a "network effect".

But let's look at the numbers...
The first 7 days after listing on Polo Monero averaged 0.00530...
Right now after 6 more weeks of non-stop hype...
And a COVETED MintPal listing...
Monero is trading at..................... wait for it.......... 0.00530

That is not a good sign...
For people that constantly talk of Monero taking out LTC and BTC.

Also, the secondary CN coins like XDN are getting slaughtered (4 sats and $100,000 cap)...
It takes an expert to tell one CN from another...
Yet one is trading at 50 times the price of another.

And the answer is always to attack BCN or people like me...

The core problem is that crypto culture is completely devoid of spirituality...
And a specific Alt becomes an obsession and takes on cult-like qualities...
Complete with abusive Cultic Purity Enforcers like you see in religious cults and THIS THREAD.
kalisto

Activity: 245

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 09:31:01 AM

For me there are only 3 CryptoNote coins that have reason to exist.

Bytecoin:
Without this coin we wouldn't had this technology available. Great innovaters but a horrible closed room premine experiment.

Monero:
The first Cryptonote clone. Great community, great devs but the coin was rushed by TFT to be first. Still the XMR community developed proper pool software and optimzed code. Great to have this coin backed by oldschool BTCers.

Boolberry:
Someone who understands Cryptonote better then most people think. Solved the slow syncing issue by using the scratchpad and added many tweaks that benefit the blockchain. A true innovator on top of Cryptonote. Monero maybe has the community but Boolberry has proven to be here for a long time.

The rest of all CN coins are just clones and made for a quick buck, dont support them let them die asap.
bananaeater

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

Was thinking to join either Bytecoin or Monero, but after reading some threads i don't want any. Lately Coinmarket thread for ex. turned into a dump where people insult each other. I wanted to post it there but i was afraid of getting a bunch of random insults even though i didnt do anything. People, please be nice to each other.

Cheesus

Activity: 692
Merit: 254

terra-credit.com

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 01:01:49 PM

The only thing that bothers me about XMR is its suspicious difficulty chart. Several big peaks which are not associated with any event, so it's probably a botnet.

It has been discussed recently that XMR diff peaks coincide with mining trojan activity all over the web - if it will go further this way XMRs future is very questionable.

███████████████████████
  █████████████████████ 
    ███████████████████ 
      █████████████████ 
███████████████████████
          █████████████ 
            ███████████ 
              █████████ 
                ███████ 
                  ████ 
                    ███ 

terracredit