Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:58:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JUDGE] Judge Coin | Multipool is UP @ http://judge.bemining.net/  (Read 150026 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:50:35 PM

I think,hashing power of each worker and/or IP should be limited to not more than 50 MH/s

sounds good + i would go with x15 algo ....

The launch will be x13.  We are finishing testing and will Launch July 5th at 20:00 GMT

sure np will be mining anyway  (and i don't wanna mess with a judge Tongue )

what do you think about the hashrate limit on pools?

If I can chip in - even if not done for this coin hash rate limitation is the way of the future imo.

The idea is intriguing... any links to details on how it is done?

check the minerals thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=641057.0).
there was only 1 worker allowed per account and all workers limited to 50mh/s

you have to host or control all pools if you wanna do this.

i also think this is the future for a fair distribution

(sorry for my english)

I dont think controlling hash rate through pools is effective and leaves openings to cheat.  What is to stop someone from making their own pool if they have large rigs?

maybe not the best solution but the only one i know so far.

solo mining was not possible.
there was no wallet released until pow was over. it was only possible to send coins from the pool to an exchange.
after pow wallet was released and pos kicked in.

i think we can say minerals is a success (100btc+ vol in b-rex and good value)!

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 05:59:38 PM

I think,hashing power of each worker and/or IP should be limited to not more than 50 MH/s

The launch will be x13.  We are finishing testing and will Launch July 5th at 20:00 GMT

sure np will be mining anyway  (and i don't wanna mess with a judge Tongue )

If I can chip in - even if not done for this coin hash rate limitation is the way of the future imo.

Contact the Minerals dev.

The biggest concern was the closed pool managed by the dev. If you can create a trust relationship with a big pool like Dedicated, then you can give them the source for the wallet and he can enforce the limitation. This way no-one can accuse you of any cheating. Since no-one else has the source code, no-one else can mine. The total net hash rate has to match the total hash rate of the pool. Also, if you can apply access control lists to your servers, you can limit the IPs to that of the pool, then you can make sure that no-one else can mine but the pool. You will have to rely heavily on the trust of the pool operator becuase he could of course misuse the source code but if you choose a trusted pool then you should be ok.
Hesiod

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:00:23 PM

Yup, the dev didn't release the wallet the first week during the PoW stage, and his coin could only be mined at a select few pools that limited the hashrate at 50 Mhs per user. Minerals is the only coin that I know of that could avoid all the coins being reaped by a few big farms, which lead to its current success: good distribution and lots of smalls enthusiastic miners => lots of volume and high price on the exchanges.
Hesiod

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

Also just a thought, but if limiting the hashrate spreads among new coins, a captcha should be required to create a mining account on the hashrate-limiting pools, otherwise large farms will just automatize the creations of lots of accounts xD
Bonn3rs

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:10:40 PM

Also just a thought, but if limiting the hashrate spreads among new coins, a captcha should be required to create a mining account on the hashrate-limiting pools, otherwise large farms will just automatize the creations of lots of accounts xD

This is an absolute must otherwise it'll be bot city.

Does hash limiting also rule out the use of rentable hashing power as it will all come from the same IP?

Judge Coin Facebook Manager
Judge: JbJjiXGnQpNMKQZTrbhChBKX3SfDaS85hi || BTC: 14WATjFEu7731o6MGsHs3CRn7fMigxEdvL
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:13:11 PM

At least it will make life difficult for a 800MHz farm or a 3GHz farm that I have seen around.

But let Judgecrypto be the judge of what is fair in his eyes, depending on what Judge Coin stands for - on the one hand fairness and on the other allowing the hash raping of coins to continue.
judgecrypto (OP)

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:16:29 PM

The launch will be x13.  We are finishing testing and will Launch July 5th at 20:00 GMT

The biggest concern was the closed pool managed by the dev. If you can create a trust relationship with a big pool like Dedicated, then you can give them the source for the wallet and he can enforce the limitation. This way no-one can accuse you of any cheating. Since no-one else has the source code, no-one else can mine. The total net hash rate has to match the total hash rate of the pool. Also, if you can apply access control lists to your servers, you can limit the IPs to that of the pool, then you can make sure that no-one else can mine but the pool. You will have to rely heavily on the trust of the pool operator becuase he could of course misuse the source code but if you choose a trusted pool then you should be ok.

First of all I really appreciate the varied opinions here.  In crypto like other matters people will have their opinions.  Here in crypto, I believe healthy debate drives innovation and flushes out vulnerabilities.

I can see the upside to the minerals method.  There may have been a time in which I would have favored it.  In my time in crypto I have become somewhat of a cynic.

The non release of the source code leave the vulnerability that the dev team can make their own private pool and rent hash rate to mine it.  They could easily almost in real time adjust the rate applied so that the network hash increase total would look organic.  

There are so many ways that devs try to get coins up front.  Another way is to make large blocks up front.  Then they hire massive hash rate and pull a large amount of coins.

I still stand by the fact that the best distribution method is the open market.  There are lots of people who have limited mining resources or have given up on the mining arms race altogether.   If a bunch of rigs rape the crap out of the coin so be it.  What are they going to do with it?  They are in it for a profit.  They most likely will dump and dump hard.  This will create a buying opportunity for those that cant mine.

By being up front with the state of the coin I have in many ways prevented the "pumps" that go along with some of the newer coins.  There is no announced feature and there is no perm dev.  The price will be held in check and people will be able to buy effectively.  Just my thoughts...  other opinions are welcome here too Smiley
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:16:43 PM

Does hash limiting also rule out the use of rentable hashing power as it will all come from the same IP?

No, you can still rent but if the limit is 50MHs, then you will have to rent a rig smaller than that, max 43 MHs because sometimes the rig goes higher and if it trips the limit the worker is briefly temp banned.
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:18:17 PM

it was possible to mine with nicehash for example but only with the limit of 50mh/s and that was ok.

btw: op be ready for a shitstorm from large pool owners like dedicated if you wanna do this Smiley
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:20:39 PM

At least it will make life difficult for a 800MHz farm or a 3GHz farm that I have seen around.

But let Judgecrypto be the judge of what is fair in his eyes, depending on what Judge Coin stands for - on the one hand fairness and on the other allowing the hash raping of coins to continue.

Ouch JC :p  You make the raping of coins sound like the oppression of women ... lets have a difference of opinions... lets not get melodramatic.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:21:42 PM

No, you can still rent but if the limit is 50MHs, then you will have to rent a rig smaller than that, max 43 MHs because sometimes the rig goes higher and if it trips the limit the worker is briefly temp banned.

What is to stop the dev team from operating a private pool and renting hash to "rape" coins?
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:22:14 PM

First of all I really appreciate the varied opinions here.  In crypto like other matters people will have their opinions.  Here in crypto, I believe healthy debate drives innovation and flushes out vulnerabilities.

I can see the upside to the minerals method.  There may have been a time in which I would have favored it.  In my time in crypto I have become somewhat of a cynic.

The non release of the source code leave the vulnerability that the dev team can make their own private pool and rent hash rate to mine it.  They could easily almost in real time adjust the rate applied so that the network hash increase total would look organic.  

There are so many ways that devs try to get coins up front.  Another way is to make large blocks up front.  Then they hire massive hash rate and pull a large amount of coins.

I still stand by the fact that the best distribution method is the open market.  There are lots of people who have limited mining resources or have given up on the mining arms race altogether.   If a bunch of rigs rape the crap out of the coin so be it.  What are they going to do with it?  They are in it for a profit.  They most likely will dump and dump hard.  This will create a buying opportunity for those that cant mine.

By being up front with the state of the coin I have in many ways prevented the "pumps" that go along with some of the newer coins.  There is no announced feature and there is no perm dev.  The price will be held in check and people will be able to buy effectively.  Just my thoughts...  other opinions are welcome here too Smiley

As I said, you are the Judge of the coin, but after the massive dumps the price has tanked and the interest moves on to the next coin to hash rape and leave for dead. Once the value is in the dumps, it will need a miracle in features and usability to revive interest and get the coin healthy again. Mining in an open market also drives up the cost of mining considerably. But it is your coin and you know what you want to achieve with it. Time will tell if you gave the correct "verdict" and time will be the ultimate Judge. Smiley
jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:23:35 PM

Ouch JC :p  You make the raping of coins sound like the oppression of women ... lets have a difference of opinions... lets not get melodramatic.

It is the best way to describe it because it is what it is. Smiley I will mine in anyways but will stop if the cost of mining goes up too much.
joe.sixer

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:24:38 PM

Wasn't it the Dedicated owner who was in the MIN thread ripping the distribution method? 
xfranz

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

xHash.net Pools

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:25:55 PM

Site: http://xhash.net

• Over 25 coins
  • Single registration
  • Create workers once
  • DDOS Protected
  • TrollBox
  • VARDIFF
  • Prop payouts
  • Fees 1%

judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:32:52 PM

It is the best way to describe it because it is what it is. Smiley I will mine in anyways but will stop if the cost of mining goes up too much.

Thanks for supporting the coin JC.  I dont want to be the coin of the week.  If you notice I am building www.judgecoin.com in dotnetnuke myself and not using some coin template.  I am building a structure for long term growth and innovation.  I think a strong community is key and I hope you will discover I am here to stay and your continued participation, even though we may not agree all the time is highly valued Smiley
Hesiod

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:36:24 PM

What is to stop the dev team from operating a private pool and renting hash to "rape" coins?

I still think it is much worse to let big farms reap all the coins compared to the dev:
- The dev would still have to rent a ridiculous amount of hashrate if he wants to get a large proportion of the coins as even when limited to 50 MHs/person the network hashrate gets really high (25 GHs for Minerals). So even a dishonest dev couldn't compete by himself with all the small miners out there.
- Also the 25 GHs figure of the MINS PoW hashrate vs other new X11 coins hashrate is enlightening: other recent coins spiked at 100 GHs early on, and we can assume that large farms interested in new coins have approximately 75 GHs, compared to 25 GHs for amateur miners. Thus, new coins are systematically piled up by professional dumpers.
- Compared to big farms the dev has interest in keeping the coin's market healthy and should be less prone to dumping lots of coins.
DRPD
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:42:32 PM

Ouch JC :p  You make the raping of coins sound like the oppression of women ... lets have a difference of opinions... lets not get melodramatic.

well i understand your points. but think about the small miner with no or only little money with your disti model:
launch -> multipools and massive hashrenter starts mining the coin -> diff goes to the moon in hours -> small miner quits cuz diff is to high.

i think the conventional distribution model is always resulting to the formula: rich get richer, poor stays poor

i think minerals was the only coin in a long time where the small miner was able to gain some money too.
I do not speak for me i allways have some btc left to rent or buy coins but the whole system is not right in my opinion.

jc12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:55:54 PM

Wasn't it the Dedicated owner who was in the MIN thread ripping the distribution method? 

Yes, that is exactly why he could be the host of the pool then he can make sure the dev does not do anything inappropriate and he can review the source. Both items that he was upset with. (and he can get some of the pool fees as a bonus Cheesy)
Mastermine

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:13:45 PM

Ouch JC :p  You make the raping of coins sound like the oppression of women ... lets have a difference of opinions... lets not get melodramatic.

well i understand your points. but think about the small miner with no or only little money with your disti model:
launch -> multipools and massive hashrenter starts mining the coin -> diff goes to the moon in hours -> small miner quits cuz diff is to high.

i think the conventional distribution model is always resulting to the formula: rich get richer, poor stays poor

i think minerals was the only coin in a long time where the small miner was able to gain some money too.
I do not speak for me i allways have some btc left to rent or buy coins but the whole system is not right in my opinion.

thats a currency flaw not a judgecoin flaw Tongue.  This will always be the case. You cant expect a single gpu to make more then 2 or 3 gpu.  just doesnt work that way.  Same with gold or any other mineable actual objects.  Its not like I can go mine enough gold to make money without having millions to invest in the proper equipment first.  Any business or investment or opportunity is going to cost money.  >>>Money is the root of all evil<<< The design flaw in money is that the rich will always get richer and the poor will always stay poor (Asside from a lucky few). 

Regulating hashrate is impossible as users will just make multiple workers or multiple accounts.. or just make there own pool. in reality though something that limitates miners is going to force them away causing lower rates and lower difficulty meaning lower value.

So really theres no way to regulate hashrate. there never will be.  Theres no way to regulate mining so poor people get more its not just possible. Trust me I wish it were I am no whale I literally only have the cryptocurrency I own from mining and thats it (0 dollars I am BROKE DICK POOR today Tongue).  I have accumulated 3 gpu from mining that turned into horrible investments that no longer pay the power bill Sad

We all wish for something like this to happen but its just not possible.  All we can do is make smart decisions and avoid loose pockets.  If judgecoin can avoid loose pockets and gain true supporters theres no reaon even the small guy cant earn a nice chunk.  Just hope this gets to be the case Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: