Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:43:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [JUDGE] Judge Coin | Multipool is UP @ http://judge.bemining.net/  (Read 150030 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
leolegend

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:44:47 PM

When do you think we might get a Multipool up and running?

Shouldn't we just try to integrate this coin in an existing multi pool instead of starting a new one?

That's an option but we had a mining pool. I think the developers will take that as a code base to build the multipool on it. That is at least my opinion as a non-developer. Also the fees can be used to fund the team and future developments.

Also Judgecoin is a long term project, so I think it's worth the time and effort to have our own...

Devs working on a new wallet right now which is more important for the foundation of this coin...Judgecrypto said we probably won't have multipool running until end of this month... Now let's keep staking and just wait a bit longer for a consistent demand to steadily push the price up.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gpools

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:48:46 PM

Shouldn't we just try to integrate this coin in an existing multi pool instead of starting a new one?

That's an option but we had a mining pool. I think the developers will take that as a code base to build the multipool on it. That is at least my opinion as a non-developer. Also the fees can be used to fund the team and future developments.

Also Judgecoin is a long term project, so I think it's worth the time and effort to have our own...

Devs working on a new wallet right now which is more important for the foundation of this coin...Judgecrypto said we probably won't have multipool running until end of this month... Now let's keep staking and just wait a bit longer for a consistent demand to steadily push the price up.
yes, no panic but price rise. I'm holding my coin  Wink
judgecrypto (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:12:37 PM

This is a good idea... in fact when I first knew the multipool was not going to be ready I sent a PM to hashco.ws to ask them to implement Judge as a payout.  I did not want to mislead them and told them we were developing our own multipool but would continue to list them as another option after our multipool was released.  I have never heard back from them.
rgm108

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:48:40 PM

There will always be more miner dumps but not so big as the first dumps.

There are miners that religiously dump in the first 24-48 hours and they are happy with their 10-20% over cost of mining. Then there are the whales and P&Ders that did not necessarily mine but that drive the price up and then dump down. This group is after the 100-200% profit. This group will move on to the next coin when their objective is met. Then there are miners that did not sell on the first rise but hold out in the hope that the price increases a lot. Lets assume cost of mining is 500 sats for a coin, the 2nd group of miners are in the green and will remain in the green as long as price is above the cost of mining. At some point though, if real life services take too long to be implemented or if the general view is that a price recovery is not likely, or if there is a new hot opportunity with another coin launch, those miners will dump at whatever price over the 500 sats and take their delayed profits. The bag holders that bought at the peak, the long term believers and the holders that do not care if they lose money but that is willing to take the risk that a real life service will be worth a lot will be left to implement and wait for real life services. If the dev team is quick and strikes gold with a sought after real life service then great, otherwise the volumes and price will trickle down accompanied by desperate dumping until an eventual delisting.

The answer is therefore in the implementation of sought after real life services with quick delivery times of those services by an agile and competent dev team. It is the only way and remember that 1 week in crypto = 1 year in real life.

Yes, yes and again, yes...
The positive side here is that we have a coin 'initiator' (Judge him/herself) and then dev's appointed by aforesaid person.

Now the way I see it is that Judge does the promotions and gets people on board to do the work while he/she oversees the work. This puts him/her in a good position to control the direction things are going without sitting at the keyboard the whole day writing code.

I have high hopes for JudgeCoin. Been farming since the start on low grade hardware but I'm holding the little bit I have for now.

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Rainer4256

Activity: 196

For the benefit of medical research

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 06:58:11 PM

There are miners that religiously dump in the first 24-48 hours and they are happy with their 10-20% over cost of mining. Then there are the whales and P&Ders that did not necessarily mine but that drive the price up and then dump down. This group is after the 100-200% profit. This group will move on to the next coin when their objective is met. Then there are miners that did not sell on the first rise but hold out in the hope that the price increases a lot. Lets assume cost of mining is 500 sats for a coin, the 2nd group of miners are in the green and will remain in the green as long as price is above the cost of mining. At some point though, if real life services take too long to be implemented or if the general view is that a price recovery is not likely, or if there is a new hot opportunity with another coin launch, those miners will dump at whatever price over the 500 sats and take their delayed profits. The bag holders that bought at the peak, the long term believers and the holders that do not care if they lose money but that is willing to take the risk that a real life service will be worth a lot will be left to implement and wait for real life services. If the dev team is quick and strikes gold with a sought after real life service then great, otherwise the volumes and price will trickle down accompanied by desperate dumping until an eventual delisting.

The answer is therefore in the implementation of sought after real life services with quick delivery times of those services by an agile and competent dev team. It is the only way and remember that 1 week in crypto = 1 year in real life.

The positive side here is that we have a coin 'initiator' (Judge him/herself) and then dev's appointed by aforesaid person.

Now the way I see it is that Judge does the promotions and gets people on board to do the work while he/she oversees the work. This puts him/her in a good position to control the direction things are going without sitting at the keyboard the whole day writing code.

I have high hopes for JudgeCoin. Been farming since the start on low grade hardware but I'm holding the little bit I have for now.

Him/her? His name is Neil. Don't exaggerate political correctness!  Grin

ReserveShare - 100% Free and Fair. New source code. Proof Of Reserve
CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
BitcoinDark: RF4asDkANqyb65yHaoEX8X896ek8eKrLhL -- Unprecedented! Check it out.
Bonn3rs

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:06:53 PM

And everyone can read about all the team's personal info on the website. Judge Crypto's page is here.

Judge Coin Facebook Manager
Judge: JbJjiXGnQpNMKQZTrbhChBKX3SfDaS85hi || BTC: 14WATjFEu7731o6MGsHs3CRn7fMigxEdvL
Fitness76

Merit: 101

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:57:13 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2014, 10:30:55 PM by Fitness76

I think us having our own site is better than joining another one. First and most important I trust Judge and the whole team, to do whats best for Judgecoin, instead of a regular multipool that is just looking to make money. Not saying they don't care about their miners, but they have no reason to promote Judgecoin over just having everyone converting to bitcoin. We as a community would have the ability to voice our opinion on what happens with the multipool, as was posted after yours, most times the multipool operators won't reply to requests. I have no doubt that Judgecoin team will respond. They won't say yes to every idea we have, but I know they will at least consider it. I also would rather the transaction fees and operating fees go to the Judgecoin team or improve the quality of Judgecoin, which was already part of the initial site.

I would say joining another pool would be a second choice, but still a decent one.

The biggest plus again is we as a community will have a say on how the site is run and know that it is there to improve and promote Judgecoin.

Once it is up and running I will mine at the new multipool, except for new release coins.

2 questions do you think you will be trying to be actively adding new release coins on launch day? Also will we have the option to keep mined coins that we want to hold on to long term like trademybit or will we have to auto convert everything like wafflepool?

Thanks and Have a Good Day

rgm108

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:28:17 PM

Thanks buddy. I'll call her Neil from now on  Tongue

SPECTRE                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
     ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
            │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │    ███
███  │    ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
Rainer4256

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 09:34:27 PM

Thanks buddy. I'll call her Neil from now on  Tongue

Good one!  Grin

CureCoin: B78ozT6ChVMxiB5dMaY9d5rdzZ5GZvn9hT -- A giant leap for mankind! -- Start folding proteins now.
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:03:47 PM

SPAM!! SPAM!! SPAM!!
Yet another boring new gadget for cryptofreaks *yawn*
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:19:42 AM

Windows wallet version 1.1.1 is finished

* DNS Seed nodes to eliminate need for manual conf files
* Checkpoint implemented to help protect against malicious forks
* Help Desk link on the Social Tab (Submit trouble tickets instead of forum posts)
* Link to the full block explorer on the "Block Explorer" tab.
* GUI Fixes on MAC, PC, Linux

http://www.judgecoin.com/WALLETS

Github for linux will be updated soon.  

After the wallet, the next development effort for Sigwo our lead dev will be to implement the Judge Coin multipool that will mine other coins and payout in Judge Coin.
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:30:11 AM

* Help Desk link on the Social Tab (Submit trouble tickets instead of forum posts)

After the wallet, the next development effort for Sigwo our lead dev will be to implement the Judge Coin multipool that will mine other coins and payout in Judge Coin.

EDIT:
I have authorized a 500 Judge Coin bonus for our Lead Developer Sigwo for getting out the v1.1.1 wallet. 
Donate.... for Judge Coin development

Sigwo Personal: JZjyG2YH823VCQCfCoxetq3y4hbUfrQZYH
Judge Coin Dev Fund: JUKrWcyqCX6D3w5WsYmmsaa4Biqk9Mnq3A
judgecrypto (OP)

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:06:22 AM

EDIT:
I have authorized a 500 Judge Coin bonus for our Lead Developer Sigwo for getting out the v1.1.1 wallet. 
Donate.... for Judge Coin development

Sigwo Personal: JZjyG2YH823VCQCfCoxetq3y4hbUfrQZYH
Judge Coin Dev Fund: JUKrWcyqCX6D3w5WsYmmsaa4Biqk9Mnq3A

Github is updated Smiley
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 06:44:51 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 08:45:02 AM by Mastermine

Woohoo new update works  Grin looks like we will likely be getting titanium wallets soon too! that will be sweet! Smiley
Sunnyfive

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:16:33 AM

thanks for the update and hardwork, but the price is falling Sad

Rainer4256

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:27:00 AM

thanks for the update and hardwork, but the price is falling Sad

Time to buy buddy.  Grin

Rainer4256

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:14:21 AM

Maybe I'm too stupid to build JudgeCoin wallet and daemon. The previous version built without problems, now this:

Code:
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `init_blockindex(leveldb::Options&, bool)':
/home/rainer/judgecoin/src/txdb-leveldb.cpp:60: undefined reference to `leveldb::DB::Open(leveldb::Options const&, std::string const&, leveldb::DB**)'
/home/rainer/judgecoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(write_batch.o): In function `leveldb::(anonymous namespace)::MemTableInserter::Put(leveldb::Slice const&, leveldb::Slice const&)':
write_batch.cc:(.text+0x12c): undefined reference to `leveldb::function::Add(unsigned long, leveldb::ValueType, leveldb::Slice const&, leveldb::Slice const&)'
/home/rainer/judgecoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(write_batch.o): In function `leveldb::(anonymous namespace)::MemTableInserter::Delete(leveldb::Slice const&)':
write_batch.cc:(.text+0x18a): undefined reference to `leveldb::MemTable::Add(unsigned long, leveldb::ValueType, leveldb::Slice const&, leveldb::Slice const&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [judgecoind] error 1

Building the GUI I got this:

Code:
cannot find -ldb_cxx-4.8

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 which I virtualized only for JudgeCoin.

Bonn3rs

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:31:56 AM

Maybe I'm too stupid to build JudgeCoin wallet and daemon. The previous version built without problems, now this:

Code:
obj/txdb-leveldb.o: In function `init_blockindex(leveldb::Options&, bool)':
/home/rainer/judgecoin/src/txdb-leveldb.cpp:60: undefined reference to `leveldb::DB::Open(leveldb::Options const&, std::string const&, leveldb::DB**)'
/home/rainer/judgecoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(write_batch.o): In function `leveldb::(anonymous namespace)::MemTableInserter::Put(leveldb::Slice const&, leveldb::Slice const&)':
write_batch.cc:(.text+0x12c): undefined reference to `leveldb::function::Add(unsigned long, leveldb::ValueType, leveldb::Slice const&, leveldb::Slice const&)'
/home/rainer/judgecoin/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a(write_batch.o): In function `leveldb::(anonymous namespace)::MemTableInserter::Delete(leveldb::Slice const&)':
write_batch.cc:(.text+0x18a): undefined reference to `leveldb::MemTable::Add(unsigned long, leveldb::ValueType, leveldb::Slice const&, leveldb::Slice const&)'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [judgecoind] error 1

Building the GUI I got this:

Code:
cannot find -ldb_cxx-4.8

I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 which I virtualized only for JudgeCoin.

I spent days fixing this as I had the exact same problem on my Ubuntu 14.04 laptop. You have to manually assign the library. Give me a few minutes and I will edit this post with how to do it when I refind it!

Judge: JbJjiXGnQpNMKQZTrbhChBKX3SfDaS85hi || BTC: 14WATjFEu7731o6MGsHs3CRn7fMigxEdvL
Rainer4256

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:34:52 AM

I spent days fixing this as I had the exact same problem on my Ubuntu 14.04 laptop. You have to manually assign the library. Give me a few minutes and I will edit this post with how to do it when I refind it!

Wow, thank you! I'll be patient.

Bonn3rs

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 11:57:10 AM

Wow, thank you! I'll be patient.

Found it! Original thread here: http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=798.0

Code:
# Get db4.8 source, compile and install
wget http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx
make
sudo make install

# Tell your system where to find db4.8
export BDB_INCLUDE_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/include"
export BDB_LIB_PATH="/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib"
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb-4.8.so
sudo ln -s /usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.8/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so /usr/lib/libdb_cxx-4.8.so

Let me know how that goes- i have a feeling one more error came up after this but I can't remember the name.

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »
  Print  

Jump to: