Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:32:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available!  (Read 60315 times)
osmosis

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:11:01 AM

For me tbh, I could care less about people like Roger Ver who have a lot of money lost because they have lots more.

Appalling.

Indeed. I hope someone else from Intersango has some professionalism and can step forward to salvage the reputation.
Amir should publicly apologize for his remarks.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:11:50 AM

That fat girl is a person you know. Why would you insult her when she's an innocent bystander?

I'm not saying I'm happy Roger Ver lost money, but simply that his life is not really impacted in a huge way compared to someone who barely has enough money to survive or eat because they lost it in Bitcoinica. I seem to recall in Vienna that you were talking about renting out an aeroplane. That's a level of extravagance that goes way way over my head. You probably live far more comfortably than the majority of people do including myself. Don't tell me that 25k out of 50k is more of a loss than $200 of $600. That's the difference between homeless and starving, vs surviving.
Wow, just wow.  You make me sick.
osmosis

Activity: 300

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:13:36 AM

For me tbh, I could care less about people like Roger Ver who have a lot of money lost because they have lots more.

People with attitudes like yours give a bad reputation to our entire movement.

+1
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 02:32:25 AM

For god sakes people, another thread, one of any of the other dozen or so threads, PLEASE.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
btcx
VIP

Activity: 302
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 02:33:10 AM

Very interesting to see what happens in the real world if people with "a lot of money" lose it. Many people suffer! Everything is interconnected.

Yep:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madoff_investment_scandal#The_Innocence_Project

Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Namecoin, Dogecoin, Ripple, Stellar, US dollar, euro, British pound, Canadian dollar and Japanese yen exchange:  https://www.kraken.com
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 02:36:31 AM

For god sakes people, another thread, one of any of the other dozen or so threads, PLEASE.
More than 3/4 of the new comments are about the future of your conference !

For god sake, what's your point again ?
btcprophet

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:39:50 AM

But what should I have done differently?

How about not abandoning ship and sticking with the claims process? Sadly it sounds like fucking off at the first sign of trouble is your MO.
btcprophet

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 02:42:44 AM

I suggest the untainted conference organizers publicly sever all ties with the Bitcoinica trio as soon as possible. This is only going to get worse.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 03:34:00 AM

I suggest the untainted conference organizers publicly sever all ties with the Bitcoinica trio as soon as possible. This is only going to get worse.

Nefario,

I agree with this, your a stand up guy with a good reputation.

Your working super hard to do this conference, are you willing to take all this hate to keep the others on board?

-Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:01:03 AM

You're all not listening to what I'm saying. I am sorry this happened, but not because a large amount of money went missing but because it affected people in personal ways. Affected them personally.

My choice of words was poor:

I feel far much more for the guy who has lost all of his already small net worth that is paying for his next meal and this month's housing than the guy who has lost a fraction of his already large net worth and has legal recourse available to him.

The absolute numbers don't mean much. It's the effect it has on the person's life.

What do you say to someone when they email you a desperate plea for help because they might not make next week? I remember one guy in particular. I lost his email because I was being flooded with tons of emails. That was really devastating and hard to deal with.
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 04:11:56 AM

It has gotten very tiresome to hear from all sides "I' ve nothing to do with it" maybe telling us who does would ease the pain

Maybe this guy?

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/3715077/shareholdings

jed

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

Jed McCaleb

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 05:16:38 AM

genjix:
You're all not listening to what I'm saying. I am sorry this happened,
How can you say you are sorry? You didn't do *anything* to help the situation. You 3 are either complete lying thieves or incredibly stupid. We offered to take over bitcoinica and pay everyone back 100% of their claims but instead you assholes twiddled your thumbs, hid and allowed even *more* money to be stolen and now it is all going to be pissed away in receivership. All you had to do was simply give control back to tihan but that was too much trouble for you worthless...

stellar.org   |    twitter
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1055

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 05:20:31 AM

We offered to take over bitcoinica and pay everyone back 100% of their claims but instead you assholes twiddled your thumbs, hid and allowed even *more* money to be stolen and now it is all going to be pissed away in receivership. All you had to do was simply give control back to tihan but that was too much trouble for you worthless...

This is true.  Had the Intersango trio lifted even one finger,  likely everyone would already have %100 of their money back with the exception of the four plaintives listed on the lawsuit.   (This was our offer to Intersango)

Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 05:30:58 AM

We offered to take over bitcoinica and pay everyone back 100% of their claims but instead you assholes twiddled your thumbs, hid and allowed even *more* money to be stolen and now it is all going to be pissed away in receivership. All you had to do was simply give control back to tihan but that was too much trouble for you worthless...

This is true.  Had the Intersango trio lifted even one finger,  likely everyone would already have %100 of their money back with the exception of the four plaintives listed on the lawsuit.   (This was our offer to Intersango)

This is a very interesting question. Donald, Patrick, and Genjix ?
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2012, 06:27:39 AM

money is just numbers and w/e. But when it hurts someone physically, that's totally unacceptable to me.

Everybody is hurt when they play the money game.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:11:15 AM

money is just numbers and w/e. But when it hurts someone physically, that's totally unacceptable to me.

Everybody is hurt when they play the money game.

Even Zhou himself pretty much acknowledged that.

Quote from: Zhou
Bitcoinica did create a place for people to trade more efficiently and provide liquidity to the market. However, speculation is a zero-sum game (or negative-sum, strictly saying). I know there can be many justifications for Bitcoinica's value, but all of them are against my intuition and values.

Of course it's easy to take an ethical stance against something after you've already profited from it.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:36:21 AM

You're all not listening to what I'm saying. I am sorry this happened, but not because a large amount of money went missing but because it affected people in personal ways. Affected them personally.

I feel far much more for the guy who has lost all of his already small net worth that is paying for his next meal and this month's housing than the guy who has lost a fraction of his already large net worth and has legal recourse available to him.

The absolute numbers don't mean much. It's the effect it has on the person's life.

What do you say to someone when they email you a desperate plea for help because they might not make next week? I remember one guy in particular. I lost his email because I was being flooded with tons of emails. That was really devastating and hard to deal with.

Nobody asked you for a judgement. Your judgement has already proven to be worthless. So keep your ideas of who is most to be pitied to yourself. Your are not listening to what people are telling you about the consequences of anyone losing money - big or small, it's not your choice of words that is poor. Your logic is flawed because all the people that are suffering due to a big player losing money won't even have email to tell you their stories. Your narcissism and self-righteousness is the actual misery here. Who the fuck do you think you are to believe you can judge over all the consequences of someone being robbed? One reason why liquidators pay back the big fish first is precisely because they know many jobs and existences are on the line, not just a few individuals crying for help. Someone that loses their life savings because he invested it all in a risky business is far more responsible than someone losing their job for no reason because their employer just lost thousands of dollars. What are you? A Marxist trying to decide who's more worthy of the funds? Reconsider your believes of what is right and what is wrong because your logic is fundamentalist.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:37:25 AM

And how do you know that Roger's 25,000 missing BTC hasn't affected him personally?  How do you know that it's only a "fraction" of an "already large net worth"?  How do you know that that wasn't Roger's life savings that he had worked his a** off over the last 30 years to accumulate?  How do you know that those people claiming that they are on their last meal are telling the truth?  Why are you in a position of any kind to judge who is in the worst position as a result of your actions?  And frankly, why does it matter to you?  Would you rather have divvied up the money based on who needs it the most?  A modern day robin hood, screwing the pooch with regards to fairness of who actually deserves what?

No one is going to feel sorry for you for emails you found hard to deal with, by the way.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:40:33 AM

That's the problem. You should also be sorry that a large amount of money went missing. Also, you should know better than saying to a client that you could care less about the large amount he lost because he can still make ends meet. Even if you thought so, which is bad enough, you should know better than to speak it out.

I'm confused about why didn't you hand it over to someone with liquidity to cover losses.

This is going to sound like "hindsight is always 20/20" but I was worried since the very moment you guys got involved in Bitcoinica and pulled all my funds from both Bitcoinica and Intersango (thank ****). You are 3 young lads running an exchange, which I used by the way. Why would you get involved in a margin trading tool that had been hacked a number of times before? didn't you have enough trouble with the exchange? got bored? even with a conference coming up in months?

This kind of reckless and unprofessional attitude doesn't belong in finance and it's commonplace in the Bitcoin community (no need to even point fingers at anyone). Mainly because it's run by kids. The community needs to mature ASAP and you guys should hand over your business to people like Roger Ver before you end up in jail. We need more people like Roger and fewer like you, the chinese teen and the emo guy who's involved in 200 projects and delivered none to a decent standard.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Nemesis

Activity: 462

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 07:51:01 AM

Shut up, let ppl speak for themselves.

Amir, you made me sick. You're lucky i'm thousands miles from London.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: