Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:30:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available!  (Read 60315 times)
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:24:19 PM

Sorry for any miss understanding on locations some parts were not organised too well, but this is going to be awesome.
Definitely, awesome. More people than last year in Prague. Nice meeting you Nefario, also Michael Parsons (the guy who made the linked pictures, I was sitting right next to him).

Yeah, and there was a bitcoin cake. The cake is most certainly NOT a lie  Cheesy
They should have hidden a private key in it somewhere.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 11:26:37 PM

Sorry for any miss understanding on locations some parts were not organised too well, but this is going to be awesome.
Definitely, awesome. More people than last year in Prague. Nice meeting you Nefario, also Michael Parsons (the guy who made the linked pictures, I was sitting right next to him).

Yeah, and there was a bitcoin cake. The cake is most certainly NOT a lie  Cheesy

Hmm, an actual physical key with the private key etched on it.... what could go wrong?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 11:40:41 PM

Hmm, an actual physical key with the private key etched on it.... what could go wrong?

I don't know. Are you going to take pictures of it? Because I certainly hope so.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 11:57:32 PM

I don't know. Are you going to take pictures of it? Because I certainly hope so.

Of course not!

1) Taking a pic of the private key would....make it not so private
2) The cake is gone (went really fast)

Timo Y
Legendary

Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:39:27 AM

Great speech, Amir!

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 01:08:19 AM

Just to remind everyone BFL will be having a drawing for one of our Bitforce Singles on Sunday as well as an auction for a prototype unreleased SuperSingle and a fully functional Mini-Rig. 

Stop by the BFL table to put your name into the hat for the drawing, but bring your bitcoins if you want to go home with shiny new Minirig or SuperSingle on Sunday!

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 11:17:07 AM

Good talks this morning especially by Mike on the future of bitcoin.

I'm buying bitcoin for cash if anyone wants to sell just pm me. Smiley

Will

minorman
Legendary

Activity: 945
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 15, 2012, 12:09:40 PM

I'm buying bitcoin for cash if anyone wants to sell jus :)t pm me. Smiley

Will

Yep - mike's talk was great. Too bad for the bitcoiners who aren't in london...

██▄                ██        ▄███████▄        ██                  ██      ▄█████████▄ 
 ████              ██      █                  █      ██                  ██      ██                ██
 ██  ▀█            ██    ▄█                  █▄    ██                  ██    ██                  ██
 ██    █▄          ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██    ▀█                     
 ██      █▄        ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██      ██                   
 ██        █▄      ██                                  ██                  ██       ▀████████▄   
 ██          █▄    ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                        ██ 
 ██            █▄  ██    ██                  ██    ██                  ██                          ██
 ██              █▄██    ██                  ██    ▀█                  █▀    ▄▄                  █▀
 ██                ███      █                  █        █                  █      ██                ██ 
 ██                  ▀█        ▀███████▀            ▀███████▀         ▀█████████▀   

Nousplatform Youtube     
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2012, 08:57:48 PM

I'm buying bitcoin for cash if anyone wants to sell jus :)t pm me. Smiley

Will

Yep - mike's talk was great. Too bad for the bitcoiners who aren't in london...

They really are missing out, really you can't put a price on this, it's not even the talks (which are mostly great) but being able to talk realtime, face to face with others. It's so efficient.

lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2012, 10:19:03 PM

I just got back home (I live 120miles away from London). Head still full of new future ideas and thoughts. This was fantastic conference and definitely I'm going to next one. BTW Friday social night (with Bitcoin cake!:P) in restaurant was the best Wink
Thanks for all of you to be there, it was pleasure to meet you people face to face.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:04:27 PM

Mindblowing, inspirational and humbling to be in the presence of so many great minds. Thank you everyone!

Slightly offtopic: I asked Stallman if it's still GNU/Linux if I use busybox and uclibc (which are GPL/LGPL but not GNU), like my distro, shurdix. It looked like I managed to annoy him, but I'll remember the moment forever.
greyhawk

Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:22:42 PM

Mindblowing, inspirational and humbling to be in the presence of so many great minds. Thank you everyone!

Slightly offtopic: I asked Stallman if it's still GNU/Linux if I use busybox and uclibc (which are GPL/LGPL but not GNU), like my distro, shurdix. It looked like I managed to annoy him, but I'll remember the moment forever.

Did he rip off and eat skin off his feet again?
cst

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

The Cosmos doesn't care about you.

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:24:34 PM

Third! ;)

I personally had loads of fun during the whole weekend:) Already can't wait for next year.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 06:04:33 PM

I sat next to RMS for for several hours and overheard a few of his interactions with people.  I've never seen him before or attended any of his talks, but now I never plan to.  The guy is just a right dick.  Plain and simple, he is rude, obnoxious and so full of himself I wanted to tell him to stuff it up his ass and he wasn't even talking to me.  He has absolutely no social graces at all.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 06:33:19 PM

I don't care if is he rude to people or not. I do care what he did already for our world.

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 06:52:06 PM

I sat next to RMS for for several hours and overheard a few of his interactions with people.  I've never seen him before or attended any of his talks, but now I never plan to.  The guy is just a right dick.  Plain and simple, he is rude, obnoxious and so full of himself I wanted to tell him to stuff it up his ass and he wasn't even talking to me.  He has absolutely no social graces at all.

Naw, I didn't know you where there Sad
Otherwise I would have said hi Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 07:15:05 PM

Damn, you should have!  I had a great time and met a ton of interesting and awesome people. 

HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 07:34:20 PM

Is anyone meeting up tonight?  I would like to meet a few people or whatever.  I've got a few things to take care of before the evening, but I'd definitely like to meet and greet anyone who's come early.

I've just arrived back home but could head out again for a little bit, if you want to meet up for a while thats cool.
Give a small public speaking & presentation about BitForce SC Jalapeno,BitForce SC Single,BitForce SC Mini Rig  Cheesy

Did they give out sample coins Smiley  I hear they taste better then the old ones  Tongue

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2012, 09:13:09 PM

Yeah, he behaved quite bad and had bad manners. Didn't like his appearance. But his speech and ideas were great, even though he probably held this speech a thousand times and you could find similar speeches of him in the internet. Even though I wouldn't like to hang out with this arrogant guy, it was good that he held his speech though.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 09:23:49 PM

RMS is getting old though, and judging by that tumor he calls a belly, won't be with us much longer.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: