Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:25:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Conference 2012- London 15-16 Sept | ANNOUNCEMENT sponsorship available!  (Read 60315 times)
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:21:52 AM

Why not just have Silver, Gold, Platinum like everyone else does?

It makes it so much easier.

I hear you, Im not trying to come off as condescending. I just had lunch with Patrick last week and I had nothing but praise for the conference.

My point is, if I do this 9BTC sponsorship, whats to say you dont come out with a higher tier next week? I want to be your title sponsor, but I need to know that my spot is solid and it seems like 9btc is a little low.

Why not come out with all the available spots from the get go?

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 03:43:21 AM

Why not just have Silver, Gold, Platinum like everyone else does?

It makes it so much easier.

I hear you, Im not trying to come off as condescending. I just had lunch with Patrick last week and I had nothing but praise for the conference.

My point is, if I do this 9BTC sponsorship, whats to say you dont come out with a higher tier next week? I want to be your title sponsor, but I need to know that my spot is solid and it seems like 9btc is a little low.

Why not come out with all the available spots from the get go?

OK I know what you mean, and this is something that we were talking about before releasing this. So we don't plan to include lower tiers in higher tiers. Tier 2 will no include tier 1. So people will get to pick and choose what kind of sponsorship they like.

Nefario.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Donald_Norman

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 06:46:34 AM

Part of the reason we will not release all sponsorship plans at once is because we are still looking into prices of certain things and what types of sponsorship we will guarantee. There is no cut off point for the sponsorship and people/companies can be a tier 1 sponsor without being a tier 2 sponsor and visa versa (tier 2 without being tier 1). You could also sign up for tier 1 sponsorship a month before the conference and that wouldn't be a problem.

A very basic example of this is that, until we have the venue booked, we will not know the physical limitations (we may allow for displays) or limitations which the venue operator may have in place. There are also other similar variables we have to work out which will hopefully resolve themselves once we find a venue.
Yankee (BitInstant)
Legendary

Activity: 1078

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 01:25:56 PM

Part of the reason we will not release all sponsorship plans at once is because we are still looking into prices of certain things and what types of sponsorship we will guarantee. There is no cut off point for the sponsorship and people/companies can be a tier 1 sponsor without being a tier 2 sponsor and visa versa (tier 2 without being tier 1). You could also sign up for tier 1 sponsorship a month before the conference and that wouldn't be a problem.

A very basic example of this is that, until we have the venue booked, we will not know the physical limitations (we may allow for displays) or limitations which the venue operator may have in place. There are also other similar variables we have to work out which will hopefully resolve themselves once we find a venue.

Gotcha! Thanks for clearing it up  Grin

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com
maaku
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:15:08 PM

I recommend timing the conference to be around the same time as the 25BTC reward reduction. Either shortly before so people can talk preparation, or shortly after (better, IMHO) so people can talk lessons learned.

I'm an independent developer working on bitcoin-core, making my living off community donations.
If you like my work, please consider donating yourself: 13snZ4ZyCzaL7358SmgvHGC9AxskqumNxP
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
March 12, 2012, 05:40:52 PM

I recommend timing the conference to be around the same time as the 25BTC reward reduction. Either shortly before so people can talk preparation, or shortly after (better, IMHO) so people can talk lessons learned.

This is London, so "lessons learnt"  Wink

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
Sergey (imcex.com)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2012, 09:17:53 PM

Someone, please, send me a postcard from the conference Smiley I guess I won't have an opportunity to be there.
Donald_Norman

View Profile
March 14, 2012, 12:15:16 AM

Our plan is to have a venue and date confirmed in 2 weeks time (hopefully sooner)
Donald_Norman

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 06:56:46 AM

We have made progress in looking for a venue but want to check out all possible venues to be sure we pick the best place. We had identified about 50 venues at least to look at. Hopefully we will have a confirmation by the end of the month. There is also some negotiation taking place.
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1071

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 10:11:19 AM

We have made progress in looking for a venue but want to check out all possible venues to be sure we pick the best place. We had identified about 50 venues at least to look at. Hopefully we will have a confirmation by the end of the month. There is also some negotiation taking place.

We found a trendy upscale loft which looked cool Cheesy but not so much of a conference venue, more for private parties for celebrities.

We want to get a place for 500, but it's difficult finding for that range. Most venues are 200, then a few 300, a huge gap and then places for 2000+ (big warehouses). Still gotta keeps searching and find somewhere nice.
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 04:53:45 AM

Conference site is up: www.bitcoin2012.com

Killdozer

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:20:09 PM

Doesn't seem that complete, for example logos on the first page link to... image files of those logos...

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:22:10 PM

Doesn't seem that complete, for example logos on the first page link to... image files of those logos...

Not all of them. The one from Intersango links to Intersango.com Wink
They are probably working on it.
Can't talk for the other sponsors, but I've given Nefario the URL where he should link the logo to Tongue
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 02:06:54 PM

Not all of them. The one from Intersango links to Intersango.com Wink
They are probably working on it.
Can't talk for the other sponsors, but I've given Nefario the URL where he should link the logo to Tongue

Thats pretty much it, I lost my internet connection until fairly late in the evening yesterday, so it wasn't until 5:30AM that I'd finished, thought I'd leave the links until the next day.

Nefario

Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 03:04:36 AM

All sponsors who've sent in their logo are now up, with links to their site.

Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 03:14:20 AM

I just want to state that, yes, http://bitkoin.su is a proud sponsor of the London Bitcoin Conference.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 04:00:49 AM

All sponsors who've sent in their logo are now up, with links to their site.
Thanks Doctor!

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
Kaos

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 02:24:17 PM

Best of luck chaps, let us know ASAP when you have dates fixed...

In the mean time are there any weekly/monthly meetups in London area?
Nefario (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 02:58:43 PM

I'll be in the london hacker space on Monday for a bit :p

Meetup there

Kaos

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 22, 2012, 04:17:34 PM

I'll be in the london hacker space on Monday for a bit :p

Meetup there

I've sent you a PM....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: