Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITTREX] Plankton (FOOD) - A coin designed for serious traders. Hungry?  (Read 101980 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:56:26 PM

That is still part of it. Basically I'm just more looking to embrace the food concept. So instead of just free food to traders, a way for traders to purchase food online. Also I believe Qiwoman plans on creating a pizza franchise with her new venture backed coin for Plankton. So we haven't deviated too much, we're just honing in on more avenues.

Like you implied, we need to increase the buy pressure and I feel if we build out some services and ink some deals, it will create more demand. But I'm always open to differing opinions Smiley

The name and focus of the coin always seemed a bit confusing, to be honest. I assumed you were going for the cute meme/fun little coin type of thing with the Plankton concept. A coin that people wouldn't really take seriously, but maybe some money could go to charities, some foods/contests would go to traders, and the coin would chug along at 5-10 sats and that would be pretty much it. Perhaps  due to the plankton name it could be linked to whale  conservation, or something similar, as a focus.

The food aspect is a pretty decent idea, but as I stated, I don't quite get how Plankton ties into it so well -- if the coin is meant to be serious. It's like making a WORM coin -- food for birds -- and then trying to tie the coin into food for people. It's not exactly appealing.

I'll assume and hope that Qiwoman plans that pizza franchise without using the Plankton name ... I mean, Pizza with a Plankton logo has some serious marketing hurdles to overcome. It's like having a giant bug logo on your pizza box ... most people won't say, 'Yummy'.

I guess if you focus just on crypto traders, perhaps they'll overlook the plankton logo and just think of food for trading. But again, FoodCoin or something like that seems like it'd make more sense. At least you could use a logo of something that looks edible then.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 04:03:27 PM

There has been five scams on bittrex this month (the latest being USBcoin with a hidden premine). I wish people could identify the genuine coins with genuine development.

Yeah being only on Bittrex isn't helping. I've seen several "Bittrex is a scam" posts just in the last few days.

I enjoy Poloniex. Maybe we should push to get voted on there. I don't understand why someone has littered the sell book full of 1 BTC sells, they are only pushing the price down.

I suggest going that route and push to get on Poloniex. At the very least, getting on there should increase volume some and increase the price a bit.

And although you seemed against it, I'd also suggest Austin Global, Atomic-Trade, SwissCex ... smaller exchanges, as no harm in extra volume. It may simply just take an email from you to get on some of those.
professorY

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:46:22 PM

Good buy support and weakened sell walls, guys. This is the time to PUMP!!

NotePad.io - Free, secure online notepad. Create & share (or keep private) rich notes, text and images.
Sparood

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:49:19 PM

Volume is picking up at trex, buy support growing a little..

Now get those sell orders out and let this baby grow, this coin is just way to undervalued...

fibonacho

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:49:50 PM

Whoa!

63 mil appears, then boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CM8tTG9Yig 108 winner.. rich list got richer.

The 3 sat dumpers have filled someone's krill basket.

and now buying occurs..

fibonacho

Activity: 90

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:37:05 PM

Personally i think this kind of coin has merit for game winnings. i.e replace in game point / token wins with coins won. Some leg work to get an app/flash dev to alter a game would be interesting. There are plenty of whale type games that would need minimal alteration. All would depend on the license agreements. whalegame.net seems to have games that would need minimal alteration etc. A simple flappybird clone with a whale and in game coins won might do ok. Payouts to wallets would have to be addressed, in a simple manner. CS coin really was on the right track with this but was/is probably a scam. Given the  wasteland of scamcoins at the moment another revenue supply would be useful for alts in general.

Right now 7 sat really needs beating as thats where high volume is from the major dump on bittrex. Then i would want to see a bounce off 7 sat and a move higher.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:46:31 PM

There has been five scams on bittrex this month (the latest being USBcoin with a hidden premine). I wish people could identify the genuine coins with genuine development.

Yeah being only on Bittrex isn't helping. I've seen several "Bittrex is a scam" posts just in the last few days.

I enjoy Poloniex. Maybe we should push to get voted on there. I don't understand why someone has littered the sell book full of 1 BTC sells, they are only pushing the price down.

I suggest going that route and push to get on Poloniex. At the very least, getting on there should increase volume some and increase the price a bit.

And although you seemed against it, I'd also suggest Austin Global, Atomic-Trade, SwissCex ... smaller exchanges, as no harm in extra volume. It may simply just take an email from you to get on some of those.

awe i love the name plankton pizza it's so cute.. Cry I was just about to buy the domain. Was also thinking of turning the pizza place into a hub for crypto lovers

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Checkpoints

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:47:05 PM

Heres what i ordered for dinner tonight... Thanks Whale! And thanks to everyone else for supporting such a great coin like FOOD!! Smiley

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtrycZ5CYAEqKaU.jpg:large

BTC address: 16JtzVv4qCVvK5f4K562nbiMJSLe91UQCZ

Thank you :-)

Hey, looks interesting. What is it?

They are southwestern eggrolls. They have corn, beans, a few really small peppers, chicken, and some other stuff haha.  They are very good!
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:49:58 PM

Heres what i ordered for dinner tonight... Thanks Whale! And thanks to everyone else for supporting such a great coin like FOOD!! Smiley

BTC address: 16JtzVv4qCVvK5f4K562nbiMJSLe91UQCZ

Thank you :-)

Hey, looks interesting. What is it?

They are southwestern eggrolls. They have corn, beans, a few really small peppers, chicken, and some other stuff haha.  They are very good!

hello Checky that looks yummy Bro.

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:54:36 PM

awe i love the name plankton pizza it's so cute.. Cry I was just about to buy the domain. Was also thinking of turning the pizza place into a hub for crypto lovers

If it's primarily just for crypto people... guess there is no harm in it. For all we know it'd be a hit.

Just not so sure if anyone outside of here would look that fondly upon something called 'plankton pizza'. I mean, most outside of crypto may assume it's pizza made from plankton, and probably not exactly super appealing.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:36:46 PM

I've had some excellent suggestions reach my inbox. I'm going to act upon them. One prominent suggestion was to heavily rely on making Plankton about food rather than confusing the audience with introductory videos to altcoin trading. So I may spin off whale pod as a trading hub for all level traders (new traders will practice using FOOD to trade) but we will go in a direction where you can purchase food with FOOD, gift cards, food stalls/ markets, sponsor events/ cooking channels, free food for traders and most of all charity. A portion of our earnings will help those who cannot afford to eat.

We're coming up to our 1 month anniversary soon so I am looking to cement this ASAP.

I like the idea of tying it with food, everyone loves food and has to eat.

Renaming the coin could be a challenge though if we went that direction.

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:37:41 PM

Whoa!

63 mil appears, then boom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CM8tTG9Yig 108 winner.. rich list got richer.

The 3 sat dumpers have filled someone's krill basket.

and now buying occurs..

I saw that someone was very hungry ... num yum yum

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Cryptohawk

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:38:53 PM

If it's primarily just for crypto people... guess there is no harm in it. For all we know it'd be a hit.

Just not so sure if anyone outside of here would look that fondly upon something called 'plankton pizza'. I mean, most outside of crypto may assume it's pizza made from plankton, and probably not exactly super appealing.
Lol, no they wouldn't. What are you talking about?
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:47:28 PM

Lol, no they wouldn't. What are you talking about?

Also I believe Qiwoman plans on creating a pizza franchise with her new venture backed coin for Plankton.

All I am saying it that outside of people who know what plankton as a crypto is, using it as a form of branding for pizza, or any food, may not go over so well outside of these circles.

But again, if small scale, and just for crypto people, I guess they be okay with it.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:49:05 PM

QIBUCK COIN is the proud owner of the asset domain http://www.planktonpizza.com We wish to establish the pizza place as a hub for crypto enthusiasts and meetup groups could work..After all this space is all experimental.   Cheesy

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Checkpoints

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:01:09 PM

wow i cant believe someone dumped like 27 million food at 5 and 6 sats... Oh well, that evens out the distribution more Smiley time to rebuild a wall at 6 sats lol.
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:34:42 PM

wow i cant believe someone dumped like 27 million food at 5 and 6 sats... Oh well, that evens out the distribution more Smiley time to rebuild a wall at 6 sats lol.

That is dumb lol especially when we know it will go up eventually.. Smiley Let's hope they dumped on me lol..I better go check..

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
qiwoman2
Legendary

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:56:14 PM

Nice my wallet getting phatter..I LOVE PLANKTON..

17537299.94390247 FOOD Grin Cheesy

DeFi on Tron
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
RushNY

Activity: 74

PogChamp

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:20:36 PM

QIBUCK COIN is the proud owner of the asset domain http://www.planktonpizza.com We wish to establish the pizza place as a hub for crypto enthusiasts and meetup groups could work..After all this space is all experimental.   Cheesy

Awesome news! Cheesy  Can't wait to see what that site turns into

HOdlCoin - HKuon6NNgAB3CbME8H7iwXs4XKshovnaWh
TheWhale (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:34:56 AM

Wooo go Qiwoman!  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: