Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 05:40:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMP] PreminePlus Launch ~ New Features! ~ Oct Signup Free Distribution!  (Read 148923 times)
TheMightyX (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:56:02 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2014, 12:33:27 PM by TheMightyX

About the previous posts asking about not staking:

I could stake just fine earlier, then I encrypted my wallet and it stopped staking. After a day, I thought it was not just random variance and had a look. There indeed is a bug that prevents staking when the wallet is encrypted, even if it is unlocked.

Fixed by this patch:

Code:
diff --git a/src/main.cpp b/src/main.cpp
index 5c80a42..3ca309b 100644
--- a/src/main.cpp
+++ b/src/main.cpp
@@ -4348,12 +4348,14 @@ void BitcoinMiner(CWallet *pwallet, bool fProofOfStake)
         }

//ADDED MINTING MESSAGE
+#if 0
         while (pwallet->IsCrypted())
         {
             strMintWarning = strMintingMessage;
             Sleep(1000);
         }
         strMintWarning = "";
+#endif

//
         // Create new block

Somehow, this is pretty much the entire content of a recent patch, so I'm not sure why this was added.

Enjoy staking now Smiley

Sonofabitch, and here I thought I was going to call it a night.
There's no reason why changing the strMintWarning msg should be preventing anything from happening.

edit:turns out its something stupid and simple, as usual.
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:32:35 PM

Fixed.
Just staked with encrypted/unlocked wallet.
Pushing commit to github.

Everyone please download and verify that you are staking correctly.
August 18th Stable wallet

Sleep time.
Matt9301
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 12:51:49 PM

Hi, anyone can create a new wallet that stake?? Librex and Shadow coin have a PoS staking mobile wallet yet..
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 01:05:12 PM

Fixed.

Sleep time.

Thanks! It's working now!

Sleep well Smiley

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:16:40 PM

Just downloaded the new wallet, fingers crossed it will start staking soon  Cheesy

Anyone got some more nodes? Only got one at the moment, thanks.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Matt9301
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:16:33 PM

Fixed.

Sleep time.

Now it's staking for me too! Cheesy I'm happy!
yogibaer
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:30:32 PM

Welcome back TheMightyX !   Smiley
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:43:13 PM

Just downloaded the new wallet, fingers crossed it will start staking soon  Cheesy

There are two DNS nodes hardcoded into the wallet. It connects to them as needed.
Peer discovery is a bit outdated but its not something I'm going to be focusing on anytime soon (as its not that important, we are not worried about some sort of 50% attack on the network).

Think I found another bug with the staking system...
trying to reproduce now.
disamsal

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 09:51:38 PM

Fixed.

Sleep time.

mac wallet?
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

Fixed.

Sleep time.

mac wallet?

I think DrMotz or elcoco are handling mac wallets. I'll contact one of them as soon as I'm sure this bug is fixed.

Has anyone staked twice in a row with the newest wallet (Aug 18)?

Matt9301
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 11:01:12 PM

Fixed.

Sleep time.

mac wallet?
Nono, windows wallet!
I have staked once with the newest wallet..

P.s. What is the minimum age of coins to stake?? 8 hours??
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:32:07 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 09:07:50 AM by TheMightyX

Nono, windows wallet!
I have staked once with the newest wallet..

P.s. What is the minimum age of coins to stake?? 8 hours??

1 hour if you are lucky and there are no PoW blocks.

TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:41:49 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 09:57:22 AM by TheMightyX

Announcement

I've made some changes/improvements to the protocol.

I've redone the simple notification system and cleaned up the sloppy bug fix.

This wallet (0.7.6.1) is staking fine now (5 times over the past couple hours for me).
Please do not use the old wallet as you will not receive any staking rewards.

I've now finished some upgrades to the system I had started before my hiatus.
I'm going to be switching my wallet over to this new one (0.7.7). I advise everyone to do the same.

The empty PoW blocks have been reduced to 30,000.
This is where we will be ending the empty PoW blocks to let PoS fully take over.

As well I've made several improvements to the PoS system. The wallet no longer splits up stake amounts except for amounts with less than 8 hours of coin age. The original concept was to split up coins into as many small amounts as possible to help propagate the network.
This is no longer necessary to such an extreme. As the max stake age is 8 hours, any coin that hasn't been minted in 8 hours should not be split in half. If it did, then only half of those coins would receive the full stake age and the remainder would continue to be penalized. If you aren't helping to propagate the network daily that's fine, and you shouldn't be penalized twice.

These changes will also make it lighter on CPU power (much more eco-friendly) and reduce the size of the blockchain (a bit).

Further, the wallet will now combine available stake amounts together to free up transaction clutter.
I'm setting an arbitrary number of 500. This is what your wallet will try to achieve from available stake amounts.

here you go, wallet 0.7.7

Note: You must update before block 30,000 or your computer will blow up and you will die.

skunk

Activity: 329

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:50:26 AM

Announcement

This wallet (0.7.6.1) is staking fine now (5 times over the past couple hours for me).

I'm going to be switching my wallet over to this new one (0.7.7). I advise everyone to do the same.

This is where we will be ending the empty PoW blocks to let PoS fully take over.

As well I've made several improvements to the PoS system. The wallet no longer splits up stake amounts except for amounts with less than 8 hours of coin age. The original concept was to split up coins into as many small amounts as possible to help propagate the network.
This is no longer necessary to such an extreme. As the max stake age is 8 hours, any coin that hasn't been minted in 8 hours should not be split in half. If it did, then only half of those coins would receive the full stake age and the remainder would continue to be penalized. If you aren't helping to propagate the network daily that's fine, and you shouldn't be penalized twice.

These changes will also make it lighter on CPU power (much more eco-friendly) and reduce the size of the blockchain (a bit).

Further, the wallet will now combine available stake amounts together to free up transaction clutter.
I'm setting an arbitrary number of 500. This is what your wallet will try to achieve from available stake amounts.

thank you tmx, wallet is staking fine now Smiley
i'll upgrade to 0.7.7 as soon the git tree is up to date...

Matt9301
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:06:44 AM

Announcement

Note: You must update before block 30,000 or your computer will blow up and you will die.

The file is not available..
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 10:54:23 AM

Announcement

[/size]

The file is not available..

Downloads fine here (as far as mega ever downloads fine)

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
keyscore44
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:06:47 AM

Just downloaded the new wallet, fingers crossed it will start staking soon  Cheesy

There are two DNS nodes hardcoded into the wallet. It connects to them as needed.
Peer discovery is a bit outdated but its not something I'm going to be focusing on anytime soon (as its not that important, we are not worried about some sort of 50% attack on the network).

trying to reproduce now.

ok, cool. Just downloaded the new wallet from your last link (https://mega.co.nz/#!bUgnwCAS!9RgCJZf2bz2HXGZiIc-4Sn9oIz_Mb_4Xdia6V0ehdm4)
and it still says version 0.7.7.0, can you please confirm this is the latest wallet with the stake fix.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
skunk

Activity: 329

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:13:55 AM

trying to reproduce now.

ok, cool. Just downloaded the new wallet from your last link (https://mega.co.nz/#!bUgnwCAS!9RgCJZf2bz2HXGZiIc-4Sn9oIz_Mb_4Xdia6V0ehdm4)
and it still says version 0.7.7.0, can you please confirm this is the latest wallet with the stake fix.
yes, it is...

keyscore44
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 11:16:17 AM

trying to reproduce now.

yes, it is...
lol thanks, probably helps if I'd read the thread properly.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
TheMightyX (OP)

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 07:21:28 PM

Hahaha yes reading is good!
0.7.6.1 had the stake fix.
0.7.7 has the PoS upgrades.
Technically they should play nice together as the PoS mods are "technically" client-side...
But to be safe its probably best to switch to the newest.
0.7.6's are going to see transactions that the 0.7.7's are creating and may not like them (they should because they are still legal, but I can't guarantee no funny business without more testing and its kind of a moot point as any issues will be fixed when you update to 0.7.7).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: