Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:53:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.lunamine.com - 0.0025 BTC/GHs mining contracts | On-demand withdrawals  (Read 41411 times)
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 01:49:37 PM

Did I get it right that you deduct ~ 9.6 $ per month per 100GHs for electricity and
that you stop the contract if the revenues fall below that figure? So the "lifetime validity"
comes down to a couple of months, given reasonable diff increase assumptions, right?

Yes, of course we do. It is impossible to legitimately provide 5 year contracts with no fees like our competitors do. If a company does that, they to steal something - either electricity or customers investments. At best case it is stealing electricity but even that can't last forever: once they get caught, the operation is no longer feasible and they are likely to disappear with people's money.

Whenever we advertise lifetime validity, we note that we run the miners as long as mined coins > electricity. If you suspect we have missed to mention that, please let me know and we will fix that.

Well, I was just asking, not complaining Wink

So you consider this one big competitor (whose name I don't have to mention) of yours as illegitimate. I'm not sure if I agree on that, but ok let's assume that..
Then still, to me, the catchy details (lifetime validity + 0.0025 BTC/GHs) of your offer seem to be aimed at undercutting this competitor. And you are only able to offer
these numbers by charging electricity fees, which are stated in the FAQ section and in a slightly obfuscated way (per GHs per day).

Might be just me, but this doesn't make a good impression..
david123
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:31:28 PM

Yeah, I'm not sure if they are legit, probably they are not.. But all the "proofs" I've heard of have flaws, too. For example, if you assume
increasing diff as observed in the past, then 100 GHs will make just a couple of satoshis in years 2-5. Nobody forces them to mine
with today's gear for 5 full years. They could just allocate a certain percentage of their revenues for these late payouts.
Anyway, still I don't see how they can provide that service in a profitable way, but this can simply mean that I am not creative enough Smiley

For lunamine: I believe that you are providing the best prices you can and I wish you success. I just think it would be more honest
to state the electricity fees and the implications for the lifetime of the contract at a more prominent place and in a readable way.
The "lifetime validity" is simply misleading in my opinion, especially if you do not plan (i. e. guarantee) to adjust the electricity fees
to efficiency improvements over time.

Best, David
lunamine (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:09:10 PM

Thank you for your opinion, appreciate that. I'll edit the texts so it's less misleading and there's a lower chance of misunderstanding.  Smiley

Oh and in fact, we will pass forward efficiency improvements to our existing customers. I think it was already mentioned, that we are planning to decrease maintenance costs soon.

Best regards,
lunamine
lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:24:00 PM

Update:

SSL (https) enabled - https://www.lunamine.com
HTTPS is also forced when you enter the regular page.

We are also looking to implement 2FA. What kind of 2FA do you prefer?
btcnoodle

Activity: 49

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 03:15:28 PM

google authenticator please
ronskii

Activity: 28

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 07:50:23 AM

Withdrawal received.. Thank you!

Google FTW. 2FA is really important. Implement 2FA and I'll double my hashrate.

BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 09:32:59 AM

Google FTW. 2FA
yea you need this , after you implemented that i will place my money here

thanks and good luck  Grin

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 03:40:04 PM

Any other opinions? I guess we will stick with Google then.

Is HTTPS working fine for everyone?
CryptoNames

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 06:53:26 PM

Have a few questions about your service and would like to feature it on www.MiningContracts.com
Please PM us at your convenience.

lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 11:36:34 AM

CryptoNames - thank you for your interest Smiley

A lot of good news coming in soon! Stay tuned
ronskii

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 02:16:07 PM

Withdrawals still strong.. Maybe you should publish all txids for more transparency? BCS does that
dekodoge

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 03:04:45 PM

http://www.lunamine.com/ and also http:/lunamine.com needs to redirect to HTTPS otherwise login credentials are sent in the plain.

also

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=lunamine.com

Gives you a F rating, you need to alter the Server config to not use insecure SSL ciphers.

Your welcome.
lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 08:28:31 PM

http://www.lunamine.com/ and also http:/lunamine.com needs to redirect to HTTPS otherwise login credentials are sent in the plain.

also

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=lunamine.com

Gives you a F rating, you need to alter the Server config to not use insecure SSL ciphers.

Your welcome.

There was forced SSL initially but we got two reports of website not working, so we made SSL optional while we sort out the problem.

Thank you, I will check that link, sounds promising!
lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:14:08 AM

Good news for the weekend:

More accessible contracts! This weekend (Jul 11 - Jul 13) we have lowered the minimum hashrate.  Smiley

Minimum hashrate: 50 GH/s
Price per contract: $79 / 0.125 BTC

Contracts are valid until they cover electricity costs ($0.003 per GH/s per day). BTC price is tied to USD, so it can fluctuate.
lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:38:09 PM

We now offer upfront payments for signature: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686826.0 (limited offer, 5 slots only and full member+)
ronskii

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2014, 07:43:41 PM

How is business going? I bought 600 GHs more.. Please confirm
lunamine (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 10:08:04 AM

Hello,

We accepted your payment one hour after it was made. Thank you for your business.

Best regards,
lunamine
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 03:16:21 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2014, 04:31:04 PM by jjc326

I was posting on the different thread about this - can someone figure out exactly what the current breakeven rate is?  I mean, if I buy a standard 100 gh/s contract, will I at least break even if the price of BTC stays the same as now? and how long will it take?  I found a calculator that shows how much I can expect to get in revenue but how do your fees factor into that?  Thanks.

Edit:  I do see it says lifetime validity but me, as a newb, did not understand what that meant until I came looking at this thread.
infested999

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

I was posting on the different thread about this - can someone figure out exactly what the current breakeven rate is?  I mean, if I buy a standard 100 gh/s contract, will I at least break even if the price of BTC stays the same as now? and how long will it take?  I found a calculator that shows how much I can expect to get in revenue but how do your fees factor into that?  Thanks.

Edit:  I do see it says lifetime validity but me, as a newb, did not understand what that meant until I came looking at this thread.

Break-even is if the difficulty increase every 2016 block (difficulty change) is less than 17.25% Wink

▄███▄   ▄███▄
              █████   █████
      ▄███▄    ▀▀▀     ▀▀▀    ▄███▄
      █████     ▄██▄ ▄██▄     █████
       ▀▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀██▀ ▀██▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▀
 ▄███▄     ▀██▀           ▀██▀     ▄███▄
 █████ ▄██▄                   ▄██▄ █████
  ▀▀▀  ▀██▀                   ▀██▀  ▀▀▀
                       ▄█
▄███▄ ▄██▄            ███ ███  ▄██▄ ▄███▄
█████ ▀██▀  ████      █████    ▀██▀ █████
 ▀▀▀         ▀███▄    ████           ▀▀▀
       ▄██▄    ████   ███     ▄██▄
 ▄███▄ ▀██▀     ▀███  ███     ▀██▀ ▄███▄
 █████            ███▄██           █████
  ▀▀▀              ▀████            ▀▀▀
                     ███
                     ███
                     ██
                   ███

████    ██
  ████    ██
    ████    ██
      ████    ██
        ████    ██
          ████    ██
          ████    ██
        ████    ██
      ████    ██
    ████    ██
  ████    ██
████    ██

White Paper
Yellow Paper
Pitch Deck
Telegram
LinkedIn
Twitter
ronskii

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 08:30:56 PM

I was posting on the different thread about this - can someone figure out exactly what the current breakeven rate is?  I mean, if I buy a standard 100 gh/s contract, will I at least break even if the price of BTC stays the same as now? and how long will it take?  I found a calculator that shows how much I can expect to get in revenue but how do your fees factor into that?  Thanks.

Edit:  I do see it says lifetime validity but me, as a newb, did not understand what that meant until I came looking at this thread.

It's not really lifetime, its until they are not profitable.. cant expect for contracts to run forever.. for five years also can't.

We would love to see lower prices but unlikely to happen if their competition is at 0.003 BTC per GHs and not going lower
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: