Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:29:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: www.lunamine.com - 0.0025 BTC/GHs mining contracts | On-demand withdrawals  (Read 41411 times)
jjc326

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 02:11:43 AM

I thought we were making dox progress but I guess not.  Might as well report to police but do we even know if he was definitely in Sweden?  I think the address they gave was NOT correct?  But maybe they knew it was a dummy address so they lived close by.
btcmner

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:38:45 PM

I thought we were making dox progress but I guess not.  Might as well report to police but do we even know if he was definitely in Sweden?  I think the address they gave was NOT correct?  But maybe they knew it was a dummy address so they lived close by.

After more than 10 days of inactivity, someone just added nearly 50 btc to lunamine's wallet :
https://blockchain.info/address/15YoDfLcYWpY39C5eHANviTj1CjQ75UH5e

Mining for fun.
dekodoge

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:46:15 PM

I thought we were making dox progress but I guess not.  Might as well report to police but do we even know if he was definitely in Sweden?  I think the address they gave was NOT correct?  But maybe they knew it was a dummy address so they lived close by.

After more than 10 days of inactivity, someone just added nearly 50 btc to lunamine's wallet :

very odd, maybe this is some money coming back from that problem he reported?

are you sure that's lunamine wallet?
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 05:54:12 PM

I thought we were making dox progress but I guess not.  Might as well report to police but do we even know if he was definitely in Sweden?  I think the address they gave was NOT correct?  But maybe they knew it was a dummy address so they lived close by.

very odd, maybe this is some money coming back from that problem he reported?

are you sure that's lunamine wallet?

Okay, this is a first lead... this was probably a very stupid thing by the scammer :-)
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 06:44:29 PM

Okay, it seems now that Lunamine is part of a bigger scam. However, the guy behind it obviously lost track of what he's doing. So he didn't realize that he left some very odd traces. I'm putting a report together for the police and will hand this out to them next week.

So if anybody has lost money, please inform me about it.

Thanks
btcmner

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:15:44 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2014, 09:50:07 PM by btcmner

Okay, it seems now that Lunamine is part of a bigger scam.

Not only we don't know whether it is a scam or not, but now you are imagining a "bigger scam".
This is speculation on top of speculation.
This is not the right way to investigate.

For all we know, the operator might still be in the process of recovering from the loss of personal information at the moment.
We simply don't know.

The fact that the wallet has not been emptied yet may be a good sign, as the operator may still be in possession of the wallet private key.

My own chain of speculations, partly based on facts, is the following :

I investigated a bit on the off-side, it appears the operator's account still exists on the shared server he was using for the web site.
That server contained (past tense) both the web site and the mail server, and was (and still is) poorly protected.

Putting all one's eggs in a single basket is a big mistake : once the web site account had been cracked, all the attacker had to do was to change the password and authenticate when a DNS transfer email verification became necessary, thus robbing the legitimate owner of the domain name property.

From that, the allusions made by user lunamine to an attack and to blackmail, as well as the impossibility to log into this forum ever since, since the email address used was most probably something@lunamine.com, can easily be conceived.

I'd really like the Lunamine operator to resurface, even under another account if access to the current one has become impossible, to clear things up.

Up until now, though, I still can't honestly come to the conclusion that it is a scam. As far as I know, the hypothesis of an attack resulting in at the very minimum blackmail over the site or even the customer database is a solid possibilty.

What is more unclear is whether the operator could salvage the customer data or it was definitely lost, a tragic event which his silence would be a symptom of.

Mining for fun.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:28:43 PM

Not only we don't know whether it is a scam or not, but now you are imagining a "bigger scam".

For all we know, the operator might still be in the process of recovering from the loss of personal information at the moment.
We simply don't know.

The fact that the wallet has not been emptied yet may be a good sign, as the operator may still be in possession of the wallet private key.

I investigated a bit on the off-side, it appears the operator's account still exists on the shared server he was using for the web site.
That server contained (past tense) both the web site and the mail server, and was (and still is) poorly protected.

Putting all one's eggs in a single basket is a big mistake : once the web site account had been cracked, all the attacker had to do was to change the password and authenticate when a DNS transfer email verification became necessary, thus robbing the legitimate owner of the domain name property.

From that, the allusions made by user lunamine to an attack and to blackmail, as well as the impossibility to log into this forum ever since, since the email address used was most probably something@lunamine.com, can easily be conceived.

I'd really like the Lunamine operator to resurface, even under another account if access to the current one has become impossible, to clear things up.

Up until now, though, I still can't honestly come to the conclusion that it is a scam. As far as I know, the hypothesis of an attack resulting in at the very minimum blackmail over the site or even the customer database is a solid possibilty.

What is more unclear is whether the operator could salvage the customer data or it was definitely lost, a tragic event which his silence would be a symptom of.

Nice sermon.
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:38:40 PM

We simply don't know.

Nice sermon.

Give me a break newbie.  Yes, maybe he couldn't log into his bitcointalk account.  Whatever could he do then if he wanted to communicate with us?  Oh, he could make a new account you say?  Why would anyone "stick up" for lunamine at this point?
apsvinet

Activity: 224
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 11:09:45 PM

http://www.scamadviser.com/is-lunamine.com-safe.html

I'm 99% sure he's from sweden, given he could name a city and a street, also with the link above as a lead.

∎               GAWMiners The Hashlet World's first digital cloud miner!
∎∎∎   No pool fees Instant activation Never obsolete Always profitable
kaloryczny

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 07:25:15 AM

http://polisen.se/en/Languages/The-Swedish-Police/Contact-us/

Contacting the Police
manureal21

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:16:02 AM

It is clear that if more than ten days it takes the closed page has not been in contact with just a message in the forum, it is a scam in the making. What you have to start somewhere, and if we do something together it's time to see what size we are talking scam, and see that channels follow, because everything else is losing valuable time. In my case I am Spanish and have been two payments of 0.251 btc 200 gh.

https://blockchain.info/tx/7165f05305b85e4563568a4b4e98618cc8a36fededb388b4067d405fe4375e5d

https://blockchain.info/tx/cc17f26e2cc593bb11641b850141c546ae3e217425348cf208b2bfdf8a709eea

A greeting.
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:24:25 AM

I have seen and read about this cloud mining thing and all that`s come out of it is pure scam, why not settle down on Ghash.io or Cex.io they are well known.
Yuki1988

Activity: 614

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:13:30 AM

I have seen and read about this cloud mining thing and all that`s come out of it is pure scam, why not settle down on Ghash.io or Cex.io they are well known.

The reason that people used lunamine was mainly due to its low price.
The price for 1 GH/s is 0.0025 on lunamine while it is ~0.0038 on cex.io.

manureal21

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 11:42:34 AM

Mainly as in all investments, it is spread risks, and on the way the famous 51% is avoided. The solution is not to focus on investing in the most reliable companies, and close the doors to which can also be honored over time. The question is to find the formula for time to discover the possible scam companies, and to make it public. We are now focused on this company has cheated us all, and if not, you are already taking in explanation. Greetings.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 11:47:31 AM

The reason that people used lunamine was mainly due to its low price.
The price for 1 GH/s is 0.0025 on lunamine while it is ~0.0038 on cex.io.

You are right. But people don't know how much the profit is in cex.io as we can sell GHs. So we can earn BTC with our GHs via mining and then through trading. I hope they will know it sooner. Smiley

Kindly,
       MZ

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:13:48 PM

We simply don't know.

Wow now that's quite a stretch.... It's clearly a scam, there is no assumption. It's pretty clear to most that this is criminal.

leozabala0

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 08:35:40 PM

Okay, it seems now that Lunamine is part of a bigger scam. However, the guy behind it obviously lost track of what he's doing. So he didn't realize that he left some very odd traces. I'm putting a report together for the police and will hand this out to them next week.

Thanks

I had lost $1600.- (2,70 BTC, 1,2GHz). Mi mail es leo.euskal@hotmail.com

I am at your disposal for any question

Thanks

jarif

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 12:17:22 AM

Thanks

I had lost $1600.- (2,70 BTC, 1,2GHz). Mi mail es leo.euskal@hotmail.com

I am at your disposal for any question

Thanks

What has your computers gigahertz to do with this?
ml73

Activity: 191

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 09:15:27 AM

I think he means, 1200 Ghs/1,2Ths....

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:55:08 PM

The lunamine situation happens at around the same time as the timetobit.com scam. Please read to see if you can find a connection. At least Sweden came up in the thread and also United Kingdom.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=744692.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: