Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot  (Read 72509 times)
TobbeLino

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 11:00:09 AM

You could just fork - mine version has now chart and other fixes - You could easilly decide what to get from it ...

Thanks, but there are a lot of internal fixes in my code (for stability and "trading safety") that I'd like to keep.
(I just took a quick look at your code, and I have quite a lot of differences that seem a bit tricky to merge... Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
eiprol

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

bitarchitect

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:34:58 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 11:47:20 AM by eiprol

Hello!
I decided to make my own modification of the original trading bot extension.
Feel free to test it:
https://github.com/TobbeLino/GoxTradingBotTobli

It's free, and it has the following enhancements:
- Set sample intervals for the EMA calculations and trading (5 min, 10 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, 2 hours, 3 hours)

- Decide when to trade after trend switch (1, 2 or 3 samples above thresholds)

- Separate buy and sell thresholds

- Trade in fiat currencies other than USD

- Keep an amount of BTC away from trading

- Detect and eliminate peaks/invalid samples from MtGox

- Possibility to disable actual trading (the bot does everything, except the actual trading). Good for testing if e.g. a changed sample interval will cause a trend switch and would trigger an immediate trade.

- Plus a bit nicer GUI and Options-page...

- There are also some extra safety-checks to avoid erroneous trading (check that user info/funds has been properly loaded, and that all data has been fetched before calculating EMAs and trading. With the original extension, trades COULD happen based on old data under certain circumstances, e.g. when the user changed the settings while data was loading)

Of course, I have to add the usual disclaimer: Use it at your own risk!
...but I'm using it myself, and I think it's working Smiley

It's free, but I did put a lot of hours in it, so if you like it feel free to make a small donation:
1LUqdAXvH9gbYemZKeiMrVJ5njhm6ZvKmF
Smiley

I've just downloaded it, and I love the way it loads the data... congrats Wink! (well, thank everyone modding and coding this extension, not only you, of course!).
However, I'm having problems with trading interval; when selecting some on the options panel, if different from 1hour, it automatically changes itself to 1hour! It's a strange bug!

Anyone has checked it?

EDIT: Now seems to be ok.. bizarre :/
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 12:03:17 PM

I've just downloaded it, and I love the way it loads the data... congrats Wink! (well, thank everyone modding and coding this extension, not only you, of course!).
However, I'm having problems with trading interval; when selecting some on the options panel, if different from 1hour, it automatically changes itself to 1hour! It's a strange bug!

Anyone has checked it?

Thanks, I haven't seen any problem changing interval (but it may ju be that I don't do that very often once it's set Smiley I'll see if other experience the same...
(and right now it seems that MtGox have a bit problem to deliver any data...)
eiprol

Activity: 117

bitarchitect

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:58:51 PM

Anyone has checked it?

Thanks, I haven't seen any problem changing interval (but it may ju be that I don't do that very often once it's set Smiley I'll see if other experience the same...
(and right now it seems that MtGox have a bit problem to deliver any data...)

Yes, probably was some problem delivering the data... Now it is working great! After a time of testing, I think you deserve a little donation Smiley... Thanks for your work!

Do you think that would be easy turning the extension into some independent html/javascript elements? In order to, for example, host the files on a local webserver and run it from any device, without the need of having chrome and this pluging on every computer/device! I tried with the original extension, but this seems to be a little more tricky (with progress fetch log, etc)...
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 01:58:31 PM

Yes, probably was some problem delivering the data... Now it is working great! After a time of testing, I think you deserve a little donation Smiley... Thanks for your work!

Do you think that would be easy turning the extension into some independent html/javascript elements? In order to, for example, host the files on a local webserver and run it from any device, without the need of having chrome and this pluging on every computer/device! I tried with the original extension, but this seems to be a little more tricky (with progress fetch log, etc)...

I'm not sure how hard that would be to make it into a server version.
I can definitely see the advantage, and I agree it would be nice!
But since extensions are javascript-code, it's normally not suited for running on a server right away.
I'll have think about that, and how it could be done without too much hassle...
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:31:48 PM

I played with phonegap for btc-e :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=135392.0

Since phonegap is practically a server running on a device (could also be a pc browser), and the app ist just a website,

the javascript might be used for a mobile app?

I can give you the current sources, and fetching the depth is just 4 lines of javascript.

sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 04:39:16 PM

anyone got one of these that hooks up to btc-e? tried but its a little beyond me
fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 04:44:58 PM

anyone got one of these that hooks up to btc-e? tried but its a little beyond me

Either Version 3 or Version 4 of my bot found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=197175.msg2051530#msg2051530 will have BTCE integration. We plan te release a version every couple of weeks, and version 2 (stills in the thread) is almost done for prime time. If you are among the early adopters, we will include all of these upgrades for you free of charge as they are released Smiley.

Best.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
tagada

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:39:42 PM

I'm not sure how hard that would be to make it into a server version.
I can definitely see the advantage, and I agree it would be nice!
But since extensions are javascript-code, it's normally not suited for running on a server right away.
I'll have think about that, and how it could be done without too much hassle...

If you want to turn it into a standalone app, Node.js would be the way to go... Nice job BTW
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 05:41:29 PM

If you want to turn it into a standalone app, Node.js would be the way to go...

Yes, someting like that... Maybe in the future! Smiley
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 05:42:37 PM

Just released a new version of my (free) trading bot modification: https://github.com/TobbeLino/GoxTradingBotTobli

It now also has a chart!

tagada

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:50:15 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 06:16:07 PM by tagada

Just released a new version of my (free) trading bot modification: https://github.com/TobbeLino/GoxTradingBotTobli

It now also has a chart!

Yeah, but where? Smiley
I just upgraded and i don't see it...
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

I've just pushed some changes to my version (chart with trends, buy/sell thresholds etc).
The version is experimental one - however offset works fine - so Your BTC should be safe if You properly configure the bot.

You might consider doing versions for other exchanges that have APIs e.g. bitstamp - probably minimal code changes for a potentially much bigger market
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 07:49:13 PM

It now also has a chart!

Yeah, but where? Smiley

There's an icon in the popup-window (in the upper right corner)!
tagada

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:15:28 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 08:34:17 PM by tagada

It now also has a chart!

Yeah, but where? Smiley

Sorry but i don't see it... are you sure you've commit the right files? i only see the sparkline & jquery js, and 2 png in your last commit, but no other files such as popup.html or popup.js

Also, small typo in the popup.html:
Buy threshold: Sell threshold= instead of Buy threshold: Sell threshold:

hope this helps, and thanks for all your work!
virtimus

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:36:46 PM

I've just pushed some changes to my version (chart with trends, buy/sell thresholds etc).
The version is experimental one - however offset works fine - so Your BTC should be safe if You properly configure the bot.

You might consider doing versions for other exchanges that has  APIs e.g. bitstamp - probably minimal code changes for a potentially much bigger market

Yeah I know - also the api used in the bot is version 0 (obsolete one).
It would be good to separate the API handler functions and make it plugin-like Smiley
Anyone interested ? - Make a fork and do some work Smiley

I'm currently thinking on simulations
like that:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.msg2073504#msg2073504
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 09:12:52 PM

Yeah, but where? Smiley

Sorry but i don't see it... are you sure you've commit the right files? i only see the sparkline & jquery js, and 2 png in your last commit, but no other files such as popup.html or popup.js

Also, small typo in the popup.html:
Buy threshold: Sell threshold= instead of Buy threshold: Sell threshold:

hope this helps, and thanks for all your work!

Ohhh, you're right!
I didn't get all the files in the commit!
It's fixed now - thank's for telling me!
tagada

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:36:57 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2013, 10:05:41 PM by tagada

Ohhh, you're right!
I didn't get all the files in the commit!
It's fixed now - thank's for telling me!

No pb, glad to see i'm not completely crazy Smiley Nice use of Sparkline btw.
jon@bitcoinads.com

Activity: 18

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:34:31 AM

Tobbe

Your modified extension is Ba Dass!

A couple of thoughts:

You should add a space to line 22 of popup.js for the ticks element.

document.getElementById("ticks").innerHTML=bp.tickCount+ " samples"

And I added a new Ema s/l % metric to the graph tooltip (You won't want to add it like this, it's just a hack):

function formatEMALongTooltip(sp, options, fields){
    var trend='?';
    if (lastEmaTime==fields.x)
        trend=(fields.y<lastEmaShort?'<span style="font-weight:bold;color:#6F6">UP</span>':(fields.y>lastEmaShort?'<span style="font-weight:bold;color:#F66">DOWN</span>':'none'));

//
    // Display EMA S/L %. Helpful for gauging on the graph when trades execute on new trend directions.
    // Round to 3 decimal places.
    //
    var per = ((lastEmaShort-fields.y) / ((lastEmaShort+fields.y)/2)) * 100;
    trend = trend + ' ' + Math.abs(Math.round(per*1000)/1000) + '%';

return '<span style="color: '+fields.color+'">&#9679;</span> EMA'+bp.EmaLongPar+': '+formatChartNumbers(fields.y)+'</td></tr></table>Trend: '+trend;
}

I wanted to see from the chart when trades would be placed having different thresholds....

Cheers.
Jon
StarenseN
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 1362

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 01:22:07 AM

- Keep an amount of BTC away from trading

- Can you do the same for fiat ? (usefull to test)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: