Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:47:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot  (Read 72510 times)
sukiho

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 05:48:26 AM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 08:12:34 AM by sukiho

Thanks a lot for this great tool.

Due to the last MtGox/Dwolla news. Have you considered the idea of including other bitcoin exchanges like btc-e or bitstamp just in case?
great idea, and the lower fees on btc-e are much more suitable for this style of trading as well

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtimus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 09:21:33 AM

Is this the GTB in action ? (look at 21:30 - 22:00)

http://i41.tinypic.com/2dpe1g.jpg

Smiley
Gimmoroy
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 01:43:08 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 02:12:05 PM by Gimmoroy

@TobbeLino:

Minor bug found. Graphs shown wrong interval after changing "Show last". Restart and wait 12 hours didn't help.

Thanx for your work!

UPD: Reinstall helps..  Sad  on every changing "Show last"

fible1
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 03:49:25 PM

For another EMA bot check out:

www.btcbots.com Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
TobbeLino

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:25:09 PM

@TobbeLino:

Minor bug found. Graphs shown wrong interval after changing "Show last". Restart and wait 12 hours didn't help.

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3629/tobfault.png

Thanx for your work!

UPD: Reinstall helps..  Sad  on every changing "Show last"

Yes, the graph currently always shows all fetched 144 samples... The "show last" only affects the list at the moment... I'll make the graph follow this setting as well...
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2013, 06:29:33 PM

Thanks a lot for this great tool.

Due to the last MtGox/Dwolla news. Have you considered the idea of including other bitcoin exchanges like btc-e or bitstamp just in case?

Maybe in the future. I don't know what APIs they offer...
But at the moment I don't have very much time to develop (my wife and I are having our second child any day now, so expect me to "disappear" from here for a while any day Smiley
telemaco

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 06:32:49 PM

That is a problem because MtGox sucks.
Just since yesterday we had two periods of outages. At this moment their API/Web is not working.
Add to that MtGox/Dwolla warrant, CoinLab 75 Million, DDos attacks, too frequent outages, api changes without notice and CEOs sitting on plastic balls and we get a platform where some people won't feel safe.
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 15, 2013, 07:50:23 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2013, 08:45:22 PM by Lucko

Are there any recommended settings for a beginner to start with? And then starts figuring out from there?

EDIT: what about adding a Bollinger band width as a block for not selling or buying where there is not trend... The moment the price jumps it gets wider.
Lucko

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 05:05:43 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2013, 06:35:21 AM by Lucko

Any idea why bot sometimes connect to my account at mtGox sometimes not? Sometime I see connection then don't then I see it again...

EDIT: I have 30 minutes delay in my numbers. Interval is 15 minutes and I see price dropping but on mt.Gox is going up now for about 30 minutes. Or is this EMA effect?
sukiho

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 07:02:28 AM

Any idea why bot sometimes connect to my account at mtGox sometimes not? Sometime I see connection then don't then I see it again...

EDIT: I have 30 minutes delay in my numbers. Interval is 15 minutes and I see price dropping but on mt.Gox is going up now for about 30 minutes. Or is this EMA effect?
I think mtgox goes down when ever theres a large movement, which is exactly when you dont want it to. I hope someone can code this for btc-e, much more reliable and the lower fees make it much more suitable for this type of trading.
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2013, 07:48:44 AM

I think mtgox goes down when ever theres a large movement, which is exactly when you dont want it to. I hope someone can code this for btc-e, much more reliable and the lower fees make it much more suitable for this type of trading.

Yes, MtGox is quite frustrating :/
I just took a quick look at the btc-e API (https://btc-e.com/api/documentation), and the main functions are there. But I can spot one problem right away: You don't seem to be able to place trades at "market price" using their API. So the bot would have to specify a price, which means that there's big risk that orders will not go through...

Anyone know how to deal with that?
What would happen if the bot would place an order with an extreme price?
E.g. when selling, it could try to sell with the price $1 and btc-e will sell at the highest bid?
And when buying, if the bot specifies $10,000, it will start buying at the lowest price asked?
Can we trust that and not end up buying/selling at crazy rates?
rikigst

Activity: 46

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 09:52:08 AM

Here's some assumptions I made:
* Gox has a big volume, but is unreliable (recent news+api downtime)
* Btc-e has no market orders
* bitstamp follows, and I've been told I could give it a try
* Price on exchanges other than Gox ROUGHLY follow Gox's pattern, with some intrinsic delay
* This bot has its own delay: it buys a bit after the bottom, it sells a bit after the top; this is due to the EMA inertia

So, my idea would be the one of a bot that gets the price data from gox, and trades on Bitstamp (or another suitable exchange )

Provided that some events could heavily  influence the price on this alternative exchange INDIPENDENTLY to what's going on on gox, so further checking is needed, could this be an idea?
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 10:20:39 AM

I think it's great, that you are now working together on such a bot.

But do you really think, it's a good idea to realize it as a browser plugin?

I would recommend to use some lib to connect to exchanges, so you could easily add new exchanges or do trades between 2 exchanges.

zybron

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 11:56:51 AM

Yes, MtGox is quite frustrating :/
I just took a quick look at the btc-e API (https://btc-e.com/api/documentation), and the main functions are there. But I can spot one problem right away: You don't seem to be able to place trades at "market price" using their API. So the bot would have to specify a price, which means that there's big risk that orders will not go through...

Anyone know how to deal with that?
E.g. when selling, it could try to sell with the price $1 and btc-e will sell at the highest bid?
And when buying, if the bot specifies $10,000, it will start buying at the lowest price asked?

My only thought is to consult the ticker api link: https://btc-e.com/api/2/btc_usd/ticker and place orders at the listed buy or sell amounts when placing a trade. It's still possible to miss a trade at those prices, I suppose, but it's fairly likely to execute and it's not likely to be wildly innaccurate. You could always check open orders at the next sample point and if the previous order is still not executed then cancel, I guess. Not sure that's ideal, exactly, but might be worth testing. 

daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:00:19 PM

You should use the depth, not the ticker. There are many bots trading there, posting 0.1 orders etc. So if you want to sell a few btc, you'd have to consider the first x orders, not just the first order...

sukiho

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:10:04 PM

I would assume that would work, thats how mtgox seems to do it in any case
sukiho

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 12:13:21 PM

Here's some assumptions I made:
* Gox has a big volume, but is unreliable (recent news+api downtime)
* Btc-e has no market orders
* bitstamp follows, and I've been told I could give it a try
* Price on exchanges other than Gox ROUGHLY follow Gox's pattern, with some intrinsic delay
* This bot has its own delay: it buys a bit after the bottom, it sells a bit after the top; this is due to the EMA inertia

So, my idea would be the one of a bot that gets the price data from gox, and trades on Bitstamp (or another suitable exchange )

Provided that some events could heavily  influence the price on this alternative exchange INDIPENDENTLY to what's going on on gox, so further checking is needed, could this be an idea?
I had wondered about that idea too, dont know if it would be an advantage or not
PassiTheApe

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2013, 03:38:00 PM

interesting stuff Smiley

15oK8nTR7UhycbEhVK7GydVhJd518tLqrP
nick7

Activity: 20

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 02:50:11 AM

I'm having an issue with TobbeLino's GoxTradingBotTobli. I sent a PM but then read in the previous page that he'd probably be away for a while for parenting duties.

Using the latest files from GitHub, I've created an API Key with the two permissions stated in the readme and I've set the API Key and secret in the bot's configuration. Upon loading Chrome, I receive an error on the bot:
"Problem accessing MtGox account."

I opened the console and can see this:
2013-05-16 11:25:50 [background.js:580] Using MtGox API v2
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (OK)

The second line has a URL: https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info
The URL contains the following text:
{"result":"error","error":"Identification required to access private API","token":"login_error_missing_rest_key"}

I'm not sure what's required to correct this problem. I've double-checked my API Key, and even created a new API Key/Secret - but the problem persists. Any ideas?
TobbeLino

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 08:54:44 AM

I'm having an issue with TobbeLino's GoxTradingBotTobli. I sent a PM but then read in the previous page that he'd probably be away for a while for parenting duties.

Using the latest files from GitHub, I've created an API Key with the two permissions stated in the readme and I've set the API Key and secret in the bot's configuration. Upon loading Chrome, I receive an error on the bot:
"Problem accessing MtGox account."

I opened the console and can see this:
2013-05-16 11:25:50 [background.js:580] Using MtGox API v2
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (OK)

The second line has a URL: https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info
The URL contains the following text:
{"result":"error","error":"Identification required to access private API","token":"login_error_missing_rest_key"}

I'm not sure what's required to correct this problem. I've double-checked my API Key, and even created a new API Key/Secret - but the problem persists. Any ideas?

It's probably just a temporary MtGox access problem - unfortunately it happens from time to time - MtGox API isn't very stable :/   (you cannot get data from the URL https://data.mtgox.com/api/2/BTCUSD/money/info by loading it directly in the browser, as your API key has to be included in the header)

Right now, MtGox access works for me - have you tried restarting the extension? (or the whole browser)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: