Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:59:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Chrome Browser extension: MtGox trading bot  (Read 72509 times)
BTC-engineer

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:15:42 PM

1. I'm a little bit confused about your statement regarding the EMA line crossing ("The bot executes trades automatically, without a warning, according to the current trend. It does not wait for the EMA lines to cross first!").  
Isn't it always a crossing of the lines when the treshold value under option is >0% ?
The treshold defines how much the two lines need to be apart to trigger a trade.
It has nothing to do with crossing.
For instance, if you have an uptrend lasting for a week - there will be no cross for a week - the last cross was a week ago.
But you are still able to figure out from the EMA(short)-EMA(long) difference that the trend is up.
And the treshold is there to protect you from unnecessary buy/sell swaps every few hours, when the two lines are not as much crossing, as they are rather aligned.
[/quote]

This is what i first thought by seeing the treshold option. If I understand it correct a trade will be triggered by a EMA line cross, which is a change of the polarity of EMAslow-EMAfast,  *AND* a difference in EMAslow/EMAfast larger than the defined treshold vlaue. If only the polarity of EMAslow-EMAfast changes but the treshold value will not be reached it will not trigger a trade. If the treshold value would be nearly 0% the trade would be triggered by the EMA line cross. Right?

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            ▄███████████████   █████▄   
         ▄██████████████████   ██████   
       █████████████████████  ███████   
     ██████████████████████   ████████ 
   ▄████████▀                █████████ 
  ██████    ▄██████         ██████████ 
 ███▀    ▄██████████      ███████████   
██       ████████████    ████████████   
          █████████████   ██████████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

VALVE      UBISOFT     GAMING ECOSYSTEM      Origin      GAMELOFT 
                   WEBSITE WHITEPAPER MEDIUM TWITTER FACEBOOK TELEGRAM █       

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 08:23:00 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2012, 08:37:44 PM by piotr_n

If I understand it correct a trade will be triggered by a EMA line cross, which is a change of the polarity of EMAslow-EMAfast,  *AND* a difference in EMAslow/EMAfast larger than the defined treshold vlaue. If only the polarity of EMAslow-EMAfast changes but the treshold value will not be reached it will not trigger a trade. If the treshold value would be nearly 0% the trade would be triggered by the EMA line cross. Right?
Almost right.
Except that there is no check for a "change of the polarity".
Only the current difference is being checked.
For a long term it doesn't matter.
For a one shot term - you may want to consider starting the bot at the moment when you see the first cross. And it of course depends on what you're holding: BTC or USD.
But I'm assuming it doesn't matter, because you already are at the right position with your BTC/USD balance, after you did the last cross manually. The bot is just there to help you further Tongue

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
BTC-engineer

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 08:47:26 PM

If I understand it correct a trade will be triggered by a EMA line cross, which is a change of the polarity of EMAslow-EMAfast,  *AND* a difference in EMAslow/EMAfast larger than the defined treshold vlaue. If only the polarity of EMAslow-EMAfast changes but the treshold value will not be reached it will not trigger a trade. If the treshold value would be nearly 0% the trade would be triggered by the EMA line cross. Right?
Almost right.
For a long term it doesn't matter - think about it.
For a one shot term - you may want to consider starting the bot at the moment when you see the first cross. And it of course depends on what you're holding: BTC or USD.
But I'm assuming it doesn't matter, because you already are at the right position with your BTC/USD balance, after you did the last cross manually. The bot is just there to help you further Tongue

Got you. Thanks for the explanation.

Is my understanding correct that all trades, if triggered, are only happening at the full hours? What do you think about a modification which is still calculating the EMA's on a hourly base, but continuously? I'm thinking about a faster way to catch a fast market move.

Another question came up into my mind. I use my google account to sync chrome between different computers. Therefore I guess the trading extension will automatically run in different instances. Is this a problem? And where will the settings be stored (API-key, etc.)?

I will send you a first small donation for your great work.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 08:51:54 PM

Cool I was thinking of trying it too with the default settings and if it makes any money you will get regular donations.  Does it work in your home currency or just US dollars?

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 08:56:52 PM

Is my understanding correct that all trades, if triggered, are only happening at the full hours? What do you think about a modification which is still calculating the EMA's on a hourly base, but continuously? I'm thinking about a faster way to catch a fast market move.
It's probably a right way to go.
But this extension just does what it does - you're welcome to develop it further.

Another question came up into my mind. I use my google account to sync chrome between different computers. Therefore I guess the trading extension will automatically run in different instances. Is this a problem? And where will the settings be stored (API-key, etc.)?
No, I don't see a problem here. At least as much, as when it comes to running different instances.. mtgox wont let you sell more than you have - no matter how many instances you try Smiley
But I personally don't let Chrome to "synchronize my settings", or whatever they call it.
No, I wouldn't want my secret mtgox api keys to be sent all around the internet Smiley

I don't care. Please don't tell me that.
If you like it, just send the 0.01 BTC, as it says in the options.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 08:58:11 PM

Cool I was thinking of trying it too with the default settings and if it makes any money you will get regular donations.  Does it work in your home currency or just US dollars?
I don't need it to run in my home currency. USD market is much better.

BTC-engineer

View Profile
March 06, 2012, 09:03:41 PM

The current version of the tool has only USD (hardcoded) in the sourcecode, but I don't see any reason why it should not work by simply changing the currency in the existing code.

█         
                             ▀██       
                              ███▄     
                              █████     
                 ▄██████████   █████   
            █████████████   ███████     
              █████████████▄    ██▀     
                 ██████████████         
                    ▀███████████████▄   
                          ▀███████████▀

FLUX 

17 - 24 April
   Public Sale
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:05:44 PM

The current version of the tool has only USD (hardcoded) in the sourcecode, but I don't see any reason why it should not work by simply changing the currency in the existing code.
That's true.
If only anyone needed it... Smiley

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:21:16 PM

Yeah but it will sell all your BTC to USD automatically remember.

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:26:23 PM

Yeah but it will sell all your BTC to USD automatically remember.
As for the record: I personally don't use this bot - just for testing.
I have more advanced solutions, harder to be turned into simple chrome extensions.. Smiley

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:30:42 PM

Almost right.
For a long term it doesn't matter - think about it.

Got you. Thanks for the explanation.

Please upgrade the bot to do it continuously and add your donation address too.

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:36:46 PM

Relax, man Smiley

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:54:22 PM

Relax, man Smiley

How about maybe randomizing the hourly buy/sell times of each bot to help maybe stop any mass market manipulation in case this thing takes off?

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:55:47 PM

Relax, man Smiley
How about maybe randomizing the buy/sell times of each bot to help maybe stop any mass market manipulation in case this thing takes off?
How can you be "Sr. Member"? Smiley

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:57:58 PM

Relax, man Smiley
How about maybe randomizing the buy/sell times of each bot to help maybe stop any mass market manipulation in case this thing takes off?
How can you be "Sr. Member"? Smiley

Lots of time to post  Smiley  I don't know much about trading so if I sound goofish my apologies  Huh

Clark

Activity: 548
Merit: 502

So much code.

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 09:59:45 PM

Automate it!

This will be a nice way to preempt all the people running the default strategy. Set it to 10-20 EMA and get in ahead of all the 10-21 guys.

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 10:01:10 PM

Automate it!

This will be a nice way to preempt all the people running the default strategy. Set it to 10-20 EMA and get in ahead of all the 10-21 guys.
Yeah! And then you should be the one to win, he? Smiley

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 10:02:28 PM

Automate it!

I'm just going to play with 1BTC but any advice on settings is appreciated.

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 10:04:43 PM

There is a topic Goomboo's Journal, in the Speculation board - I learned a lot there.

Let me present you a Chrome extension that is able to automatically follow the trading strategy explained by Goomboo in that topic (so people could get some sleep).

How it works
  • This is not a high frequency trading bot. It is making decisions to trade, based on H1 historical prices (1 trade every 2 hours, at most)
  • The bot executes trades automatically, without a warning, according to the current trend. It does not wait for the EMA lines to cross first! Read also here
  • Any SELL executed by the bot will sell all the bitcoins available at the account. Any BUY will spend all the USD you have there, turning them into bitcoins

Installation
  • You can install the extension here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/iejmifigokhpcgpmoacllcdiceicmejb
  • After installing, wait for it to fetch the historical prices and then (after the "progress bar" turns into a number) go the Options to configure your MtGox API Key (also some other options if you want)
  • After you configure the API access, just leave your browser running 24/7 and it will be trading for you, according to the trend

Security
I don't care about any feedback like 'I don't trust you', so don't bother letting me know. In fact if I were you I wouldn't trust myself either. Smiley
But here is what you should know to protect yourself from a potential fraud:
  • The bot uses the MtGox API and it does not require you to be logged into your MtGox account at any time. So better don't be
  • Setup the API key (in your MtGox account settings), to only allow get_info and trade access right - this way the bot cannot do you much harm, even if I wanted to

Warning!
This is an early version - I actually made it yesterday.
Until more people test it and the code gets well reviewed, I strongly advise you to try it only with a testing account and a small amount in.

I'm looking forward for any feedback or questions. Otherwise, have fun with it! Smiley

Is all this just a plan to get them market trading to your advantages  Wink

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2012, 10:10:33 PM

Been using the Bot over an hour and on the bot it doesn't have a hourly price just NaN  Huh

Hour   Price   EMA(10) / EMA(21)
Balance = 1.00 BTC + 0.00 USD

Huh

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: