Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:13:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 [576] 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... 647 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701413 times)
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 02:53:28 PM

If I uncheck it and close AM, after starting AM again its still checked.
Hi and thanks for the feedback.

When the profit switcher is running, it will check the Profit Profile for this Managed Profit Miner and adjust the Admin-property based on how the most profitable algorithm is configured (in the Profit Profile, Algorithm specific settings). So if the Managed Profit Miner Properties dialog is showing the Admin-property being checked - is the related Profit Profile configured to update the Admin-property for any of the algorithms?

I assume that if you manually make a change to the Admin-property on the Managed Profit Miner and save/close the dialog, it looks fine if you re-open the dialog again right away? However, if you wait for a while and let the profit switcher make a decision for the miner, it will change based on how the Profit Profile is configured for the specific algorithm. Does this match what happens? If not, please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Ah, now I get it. If the override in the "Profit Profile" trigger the admin privileges, it markes also the admin privileges in the "Properties". If it switches to another coin without the override, it also unchecks the admin privileges in the "Properties".

So not a bug, its a feature Smiley
Yes, but I'm still interested in your feedback here as I want to make sure the concept is usable. The goal was to have a way where only specific algorithms will run with Admin-permissions, while other algorithms will not.

Hi Patrik,

it was a bit confusing with the automated checkbox-mark in the "Properties" and I couldnt find out why its sometimes marked and sometimes demarked Cheesy If you add sometime the new override function to your FAQ, try to mention that AM also turns on/off the box in the "Properties".

Right now I see miners side by side with and without admin privileges running as I set them up in the options. It seems to work as intented. I really appreciate your work a lot. Great job like always, thanks!
Waytoogo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 06:49:03 PM

I am having trouble with batch files after a miner stops on a remote machine. It will run any command I give it when starting the miner, but nothing happens when Awesome Miner changes to another algorithm. I also tried putting a command in the before stopping miner area, and it won't run from there either. I can enter commands from the tools menu at any time and they will execute on the remote machine just fine. I just can't get it to execute a command when changing from one miner to an other. After playing with it some more, I found out that if I stop the miner manually then it will run the batch file. But it won't run it if I manually restart it, or if profit switching changes miners.
NetWhiz

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 02:32:13 PM

The latest version will not install the service anymore. 8.0.1 works, but 8.1 will not finish installing the service. Have any ideas? Download location for previous release?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 01:10:13 PM

I am having trouble with batch files after a miner stops on a remote machine. It will run any command I give it when starting the miner, but nothing happens when Awesome Miner changes to another algorithm. I also tried putting a command in the before stopping miner area, and it won't run from there either. I can enter commands from the tools menu at any time and they will execute on the remote machine just fine. I just can't get it to execute a command when changing from one miner to an other. After playing with it some more, I found out that if I stop the miner manually then it will run the batch file. But it won't run it if I manually restart it, or if profit switching changes miners.
I was trying to reproduce this without success. Have you defined the commands to run on the Managed Profit Miner itself (Properties, Command Line section) or via the Profit Profile, where you can configure this per algorithm? If configured on the Profit Profile - is it configured different per algorithm?

The configuration in the Profit Profile will only be used if the Managed Profit Miner doesn't have any commands defined.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 01:14:02 PM

The latest version will not install the service anymore. 8.0.1 works, but 8.1 will not finish installing the service. Have any ideas? Download location for previous release?
Awesome Miner and Remote Agent version 8.x requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later.
- This .NET version is already included in Windows 10 since April 2018. Run 'winver' to check the current Windows 10 version. If the version is 1803 or above, all is fine and no action is required.
- For Windows 7, Windows 8 and older versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server, please download and install:
     https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/thank-you/net48-web-installer

Another possible cause: Antivirus or security software is running and blocking the installation. Please try to disable the security software and try again

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
crymzyn

Activity: 518
Merit: 502

TopCoin Lead

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2020, 01:52:40 PM

Hello!

I have been using Awesome Miner for a while now and have had zero issues with it until today.  For some reason, profit switching is not actually switching the miners. 

I can see it running, picking up a more profitable pool, but miners are stuck where they are currently mining against.  I can click into Pools, select the most profitable pool switcher found manually, click Prioritize, and it switches the miner without any issues. 

Any ideas?

Thanks! Grin

Support TopCoin bounties for development! >> tDHFyEDsgrZ1Poi5NUFDTSFDf9mB9zd9a8
★ Buy/sell TOP at FreiExchange! ★
NetWhiz

Activity: 49

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 09:29:11 PM

Awesome Miner and Remote Agent version 8.x requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 or later.
- This .NET version is already included in Windows 10 since April 2018. Run 'winver' to check the current Windows 10 version. If the version is 1803 or above, all is fine and no action is required.
- For Windows 7, Windows 8 and older versions of Windows 10 and Windows Server, please download and install:
     https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/thank-you/net48-web-installer

Another possible cause: Antivirus or security software is running and blocking the installation. Please try to disable the security software and try again
It was the Windows version. The two rigs I was having issues with had older versions from a rebuild. Installed the .Net you posted the link to and they are both installing the latest Remote Agent.

Thank you,
NetWhiz
Waytoogo

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 11:05:07 PM

I was trying to reproduce this without success. Have you defined the commands to run on the Managed Profit Miner itself (Properties, Command Line section) or via the Profit Profile, where you can configure this per algorithm? If configured on the Profit Profile - is it configured different per algorithm?

The configuration in the Profit Profile will only be used if the Managed Profit Miner doesn't have any commands defined.

I looked at "Options / Managed Miner / edit" and the miner, has no extra commands there. I'm having trouble with the Profit Profile.  It's has a check mark "Batch Commands" and a button "Configure". The button brings up a menu with 3 boxes to enter commands. if I use a new profit profile with only 2 algorithms in it. Then on one algorithm, I put commands in the three boxes like this, one in each box. "@echo before start&&pause" "@echo before stopping&&pause" "@echo after stopping&&pause" I don't use any commands on the second algorithm. If I start the miner my first command opens, and then the miner opens. If I manually stop or restart on the miner, the second and third commands work fine. If Profit Switching changes the miner to the other algorithm, something total different happens. The second and third commands don't run when the first algorithm stops, they only run if the miner later switches back to the first algorithm. After the switch back, both the second and third commands run, then the first command, then the miner. I hope I've made my self a little more clear this time. Thank you for your help.
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 04:02:23 PM

Hi Patrike, small suggestion:
Can your add a "Add pool in Manged profit switching" functionality to coin contex menue in "Coins" tab. After user click the selected pool, the pooll will be added to the list in "Profit switching" additional pools and additional pool text area will be activated if needed.
Regards

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
House Xylander

Activity: 97
Merit: 5

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 08:35:36 PM

I see where my antminer X3 is supported but none of the coins are listed and the unspecified cryptonight options do not produce any results.

Is there a way to add coins or something else I need to do?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 08:11:34 AM

I looked at "Options / Managed Miner / edit" and the miner, has no extra commands there. I'm having trouble with the Profit Profile.  It's has a check mark "Batch Commands" and a button "Configure". The button brings up a menu with 3 boxes to enter commands. if I use a new profit profile with only 2 algorithms in it. Then on one algorithm, I put commands in the three boxes like this, one in each box. "@echo before start&&pause" "@echo before stopping&&pause" "@echo after stopping&&pause" I don't use any commands on the second algorithm. If I start the miner my first command opens, and then the miner opens. If I manually stop or restart on the miner, the second and third commands work fine. If Profit Switching changes the miner to the other algorithm, something total different happens. The second and third commands don't run when the first algorithm stops, they only run if the miner later switches back to the first algorithm. After the switch back, both the second and third commands run, then the first command, then the miner. I hope I've made my self a little more clear this time. Thank you for your help.
Many thanks for the detailed description. I was able to reproduce the problem and the next release will correct the problem.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 08:12:13 AM

Hi Patrike, small suggestion:
Can your add a "Add pool in Manged profit switching" functionality to coin contex menue in "Coins" tab. After user click the selected pool, the pooll will be added to the list in "Profit switching" additional pools and additional pool text area will be activated if needed.
Regards
Thanks for the suggestion - it's noted!

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 08:14:53 AM

I see where my antminer X3 is supported but none of the coins are listed and the unspecified cryptonight options do not produce any results.

Is there a way to add coins or something else I need to do?
Awesome Miner can monitor any Antminer, including Antminer X3, no matter which pool you are mining on and no matter which coin you are mining.

There are not many CryptoNight coins available these days, but you should be able to see a few if you go to the Coins tab in Awesome Miner and sort by algorithm. Please note that the coins in Awesome Miner only relates to the display of Revenue and Profit for the mining. You can mine any CryptoNight-based coin on any pool on your Antminer.

Which pool/coin are you mining on right now?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 03:29:17 PM

Awesome Miner version 8.1.1

ASIC mining
  - Whatsminer integration improved to display fan speed and power usage
  - Improved Avalon support when using multiple miners per controller to handle the case if the Avalon controller reports the same miner twice
 Features
  - Improved Device Count trigger to allow additional compare operations
  - Miner status API includes MAC address of miner
 Changes
  - Improved processing of miner commands
 Mining software
  - TeamRedMiner 0.7.13
  - SrbMiner 0.5.3
  - NbMiner 32.1
  - XmRig 6.3.5
  - CpuMiner-Opt 3.15.0
  - Lolminer 1.10
  - WildRig 0.28.0
  - Gminer 2.27
  - Miniz Miner 1.6w
 Corrections
  - Correction to execution of batch commands configurable per algorithm in a Profit Profile

JimBrown462

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 12:10:32 PM

Is there anything in Awesome Miner that would prevent the computer screen from going to sleep?

Thanks,
...jim
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2020, 02:33:06 PM

Is there anything in Awesome Miner that would prevent the computer screen from going to sleep?

Thanks,
...jim

Awesome Miner is calling a Windows API once per minute to say that the computer shouldn't go to sleep mode. The screen may however go to sleep.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 2264

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2020, 02:35:30 PM

my AM is like frozen - none of the stats are changing - and it reports that all miner are not getting shares - but shows them as online.

per the pools miners are working.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1749
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 07:32:04 PM

Hi Patrike, can you add a possibilty to display a ETH/ETC gas price in the bottom line (where price of other user selected coins will be displayed) Regards.

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
cylshan

Activity: 18

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 10:02:00 PM

Thanks,
...jim

Process Lasso Pro
JimBrown462

Activity: 59

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 12:25:16 PM

Thanks,
...jim

Process Lasso Pro

Explain, please.

...jim
Pages: « 1 ... 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 [576] 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 ... 647 »
  Print  

Jump to: