May 22, 2024, 01:30:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289449 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
SLievensDRKSLK

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 04:32:13 PM

So how many coins in your system? on the first page of this forum there is no information about the algorithm and the number of coins in the system.
Only bright pictures.

This isn't the actual thread for the Silk Network, Silk, DarkSilk & Weaver.

This is the old Silkcoin thread where we are just posting info for now.

Once the code is ready and the graphics etc. are produced for the new OP and thread, then all the information you talk of will be available.

Currently the whitepaper is the source of information.

Here are the parameters:

Algorithm: Scrypt
Coin Suffix: DRKSLK
PoW Period: 42,002 Blocks
PoW Target Spacing: 60 Seconds
PoW Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoW Reward per Block: 42 DRKSLK
Full Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Maturity: 42 Blocks
PoS Target Spacing: 64 Seconds
PoS Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoS Reward: 2 DRKSLK Static PoS Reward
Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 420 Blocks
PoS Min: 4 Hours
PoS Max: Unlimited
Stormnode Collateral Amount: 42000 DRKSLK
Stormnode Min Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Stormnode Reward: 2 DRKSLK Static Reward
Budget Reward: 10,000 DRKSLK Static Reward Every 41,091 blocks (~once per month)
Budget Proposal Fee: 420 DRKSLK, 20 confirmations, First vote eligible in 20 blocks (~21 minutes).
Total Coins: 90,000,000 DRKSLK
Block Size: 50MB (50X Bitcoin Core)

Algorithm: Scrypt
Coin Suffix: SLK
PoW Period: 10,000 Blocks
PoW Target Spacing: 60 Seconds
PoW Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoW Reward per Block: 0 SLK
Full Confirmation: 10 Blocks
Maturity: 350 Blocks
PoS Target Spacing: 64 Seconds
PoS Difficulty Retarget: 10 Blocks
PoS Reward: 2 SLK Static PoS Reward
Minimum Confirmations for Stake: 350 Blocks
PoS Min: 12 Hours
PoS Max: Unlimited
Total Coins: 2,000,000,000 SLK
Block Size: 2MB (2X Bitcoin Core)
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 05:54:09 PM

I want to apologize for the confusion I caused concerning the total money supply cap of Silk. It is indeed 2,000,0000,0000 SLK and I have corrected the data as well as the corresponding graph. The whitepaper is now updated to reflect the true total supply of Silk as well as it's inflation as you can see below:

Updated Whitepaper: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8r2g16ls5ug7eop/Silk%20Network%20Whitepaper%20December%202015.pdf?dl=0

I want to assure everyone that another oversight like this will not happen ever again.  Smiley

stoner19

Activity: 752

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:56:16 PM

I'll put DarkSilk on superninjapool.tk at launch  Grin
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 07:34:48 PM

I'll put DarkSilk on superninjapool.tk at launch  Grin

Excellent, you will be included in the OP when the new thread has started.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 08:36:10 PM

DarkSilk has had the BIP30 checks removed which has led to a dramatic speed increase in syncing.

BIP34 is hardcoded.

SECP256K1 is also being implemented more thoroughly as well.
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:35:22 PM

2 billion coins in 150 years  Cheesy
I bet this coin not last three years.
Just look at the current crypto market that would understand the whole picture.
In any case, good luck to the developer and to collect more Bitcoins for the next puppets coins  Grin

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 09:38:00 PM
Last edit: December 20, 2015, 10:21:55 PM by SLievensDRKSLK

2 billion coins in 150 years  Cheesy
In any case, good luck to the developer and to collect more Bitcoins for the next puppets coins  Grin

Ah someone who has entered the thread, done no research whatsoever, looked at a number and shouted their mouth off.

Bravo! to that man.

Go away, research, come back, think, then post.

The graph doesnt even show 150 years for Silk, it goes well past that.

Also, what puppet coins do you speak of? What do you mean by MORE Bitcoin? I have developed two other coins, publicly, Donationcoin and Sterlingcoin before taking over Silkcoin as lead developer and in turn creating the Silk Network, Weaver and DarkSilk, also publicly.

So please let me and the community know exactly what your talking about and what evidence you have for what you say.
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:48:59 PM

In any case, good luck to the developer and to collect more Bitcoins for the next puppets coins  Grin

no man you are misunderstood
2 billion in 1984 years

the inflation rate is a mere 2% per year to cover for coins lost combined with expected growth. its realistic.

the other points you made are just slanderous
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 10:14:21 PM

Please read the whitepaper - https://t.co/iUddqRZ5N8

Then maybe you will actually come to realise this is more than just Silkcoin and has four public developers and an amazing community.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:47:34 PM

You think in terms of numbers, we don't.
The code will be out there for everyone to talk for us. There's a huge amount of work and, I would say, courage behind this.
We were here, we died and we are born again.
Or maybe we're still dead. So we can't die twice.
We got you prediction into account: thank you.

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:28:54 AM

Ah someone who has entered the thread, done no research whatsoever, looked at a number and shouted their mouth off.

Bravo! to that man.

Also, what puppet coins do you speak of? What do you mean by MORE Bitcoin? I have developed two other coins, publicly, Donationcoin and Sterlingcoin before taking over Silkcoin as lead developer and in turn creating the Silk Network, Weaver and DarkSilk, also publicly.

So please let me and the community know exactly what your talking about and what evidence you have for what you say.

It's good that you told about your previous develop.
let's see where they are now -

Why did you decide that Silkcoin not appear in the same place?
When I said - puppets coins I had in mind this coin for replenishment pocket  the developer.
that is, a developer or his team create the coin with the noise and promises dizzying heights and organize pump.
Then they sell their premine and move to a new coin.
Why do you are turning this crypto market in the trash?
With each coin which you created the concept of crypto currency depreciates.
Why do not you just take part in the good projects with funding and long-term objectives and not kill faith in free money that could help people get rid of the shackles of state control.
Just think about it.
I will not say anything here.
I hope someone is sober brain here and he will understand me.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
Orestes

Activity: 441
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:48:59 AM

When I said - puppets coins I had in mind this coin for replenishment pocket  the developer.
that is, a developer or his team create the coin with the noise and promises dizzying heights and organize pump.
Why do not you just take part in the good projects with funding and long-term objectives and not kill faith in free money that could help people get rid of the shackles of state control.
Just think about it.

You are barking up the wrong tree my friend.
Silk is about restoring faith in crypto.
The project has a lot of depth.
SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 01:41:50 AM

2 billion coins in 150 years  Cheesy
In any case, good luck to the developer and to collect more Bitcoins for the next puppets coins  Grin

Bravo! to that man.

When I said - puppets coins I had in mind this coin for replenishment pocket  the developer.
Just think about it.

Donationcoin and Sterlingcoin cost me money to develop, maintain and received 0 funding from the community.

Sterlingcoin still has a community and development continues, Donationcoin also continues as well in development.

Matthew Langdon is the lead developer of Sterlingcoin and Steven Saxton is the lead developer of Donationcoin.

Both public and active. Sterlingcoin and Donationcoin are also over 1-2 years old and are still traded.

Your seriously accusing the wrong developer and developers.

Now here is the cherry on the icing. I was asked to come and work on Silkcoin by their community.

So, again. go away, do your research, come back, think and post.
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:10:04 AM

Bravo! to that man.

Just think about it.

You should read our whitepaper before saying such things without evidence.

If what you said were even the slightest bit true, then why has the Silk Network not been ninja released with an anon dev and immediately pumped? It is because what you are saying is false. This project obviously has long term objectives. I urge you to read the paper.  Smiley

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:53:55 AM

No unfortunately users don't seem to even know their own coin, even though they have invested in it and have been using for however long.

Silkcoin code (old Silkcoin):

static const int64_t MAX_MONEY = 2000000000 * COIN;

2 billion coins.

Sadly I think Greg did his math based on 200,000,000 coins which is incorrect, Greg has only joined in the last few days and doesn't have any previous dealings with Silkcoin, so he isn't to blame.

New Silk code:

static const int64_t MAX_MONEY = 2000000000 * COIN; // 2,000,000,000 Total SLK

^^^ Same as the old Silkcoin, 2 billion coins ^^^

The code is open-source for a reason. Look at main.h of the majority of altcoins and you will see the MAX_MONEY value.

OrsonJ, please understand the difference between MAX_MONEY and the total coins that are CURRENTLY in circulation. There are ~44 million Silkcoin in circulation and 2,000,000,000 total is the max amount that can EVER be produced.

Not being rude, not directed at you OrsonJ, but I have had to answer this question over and over and over again.

I find it a bit odd that people are aware that Bitcoin will only ever have a certain amount of coins ever, but when it comes to altcoins that understanding seems to fly out of the window.

It is a bit worrying that there are a huge amount of people investing in something they do not fully understand. In fact this is very worrying.

I offered a Skype call with everyone and a Google+ hangout but no one attended, it is quite obvious that people have questions and also need teaching and guidance.

Oh and yes, I have just woken up, wish I had never gone to sleep lol

Sorry I must have missed the earlier discussions about the supply. It would be helpful if this sort of thing was in the OP since not everyone has time to go looking through the code (but I understand this thread is just a stopgap).

So if i've calculated correctly it'll take more than 190 years for the Silkcoin supply to reach 2 Billion. And that's if none of the original supply was actually swapped. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of SILK that leaves the team in control of.  It's not that I don't trust you guys, but if 75% (33m) of the original Silkcoin's current supply (44m) is swapped during the first 3 months, you're still left holding over 1 Billion 960 Million SILK. There's a good chance that will make potential investors a little nervous. Is it something you've given any thought to? Apologies if this has already been covered too, it's a pretty fast moving project and thread and I haven't as much time to dedicate to this sort of thing as I'd like at the moment.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 03:49:19 AM

No unfortunately users don't seem to even know their own coin, even though they have invested in it and have been using for however long.

2 billion coins.

Sadly I think Greg did his math based on 200,000,000 coins which is incorrect, Greg has only joined in the last few days and doesn't have any previous dealings with Silkcoin, so he isn't to blame.

New Silk code:

The code is open-source for a reason. Look at main.h of the majority of altcoins and you will see the MAX_MONEY value.

OrsonJ, please understand the difference between MAX_MONEY and the total coins that are CURRENTLY in circulation. There are ~44 million Silkcoin in circulation and 2,000,000,000 total is the max amount that can EVER be produced.

Not being rude, not directed at you OrsonJ, but I have had to answer this question over and over and over again.

I find it a bit odd that people are aware that Bitcoin will only ever have a certain amount of coins ever, but when it comes to altcoins that understanding seems to fly out of the window.

It is a bit worrying that there are a huge amount of people investing in something they do not fully understand. In fact this is very worrying.

I offered a Skype call with everyone and a Google+ hangout but no one attended, it is quite obvious that people have questions and also need teaching and guidance.

Sorry I must have missed the earlier discussions about the supply. It would be helpful if this sort of thing was in the OP since not everyone has time to go looking through the code (but I understand this thread is just a stopgap).

So if i've calculated correctly it'll take more than 190 years for the Silkcoin supply to reach 2 Billion. And that's if none of the original supply was actually swapped. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of SILK that leaves the team in control of.  It's not that I don't trust you guys, but if 75% (33m) of the original Silkcoin's current supply (44m) is swapped during the first 3 months, you're still left holding over 1 Billion 960 Million SILK. There's a good chance that will make potential investors a little nervous. Is it something you've given any thought to? Apologies if this has already been covered too, it's a pretty fast moving project and thread and I haven't as much time to dedicate to this sort of thing as I'd like at the moment.

You of all people, Orson, should know that the 2 billion SLK will not be generated for 1984 years. Wink

OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 04:19:05 AM

2 billion coins.

New Silk code:

So if i've calculated correctly it'll take more than 190 years for the Silkcoin supply to reach 2 Billion. And that's if none of the original supply was actually swapped. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of SILK that leaves the team in control of.  It's not that I don't trust you guys, but if 75% (33m) of the original Silkcoin's current supply (44m) is swapped during the first 3 months, you're still left holding over 1 Billion 960 Million SILK. There's a good chance that will make potential investors a little nervous. Is it something you've given any thought to? Apologies if this has already been covered too, it's a pretty fast moving project and thread and I haven't as much time to dedicate to this sort of thing as I'd like at the moment.

You of all people, Orson, should know that the 2 billion SLK will not be generated for 1984 years. Wink

My bad I misunderstood. I thought there was 2 Billion SLK being premined for the silkcoin swap.  Cheesy

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
yell4george

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:19:13 AM

2 billion coins.

New Silk code:

So if i've calculated correctly it'll take more than 190 years for the Silkcoin supply to reach 2 Billion. And that's if none of the original supply was actually swapped. I'm a bit concerned about the amount of SILK that leaves the team in control of.  It's not that I don't trust you guys, but if 75% (33m) of the original Silkcoin's current supply (44m) is swapped during the first 3 months, you're still left holding over 1 Billion 960 Million SILK. There's a good chance that will make potential investors a little nervous. Is it something you've given any thought to? Apologies if this has already been covered too, it's a pretty fast moving project and thread and I haven't as much time to dedicate to this sort of thing as I'd like at the moment.

My bad I misunderstood. I thought there was 2 Billion SLK being premined for the silkcoin swap.  Cheesy

There are two new coins: Silk (SLK) and DarkSilk (DRKSLK)

SILK will be swapped for SLK at a 1:1 ratio on the Weaver.

DarkSilk will launch 30days after silk swap.

You will be able to exchange SLK for DRKSLK on the Weaver at the current market rate.

The whitepaper has much more detail
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 07:21:54 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 01:17:36 PM by quantumgravity

Here is an updated graph to show the total money supply of Silk as well as the inflation rate:

Each black bar represents one decade of Silk money supply creation. The white curve shows the change in the inflation rate over time. 44,000,000 SLK will be the initial money supply. Each year, because of the static PoS block reward of 2 SLK, only 986,175 SLK will be minted. The total money supply of Silk is hardcoded to 2 billion SLK and the network should reach that supply in  about 1984 years.

After the first year, the inflation rate will be 2.145%. By year 10, the inflation rate will have dropped to 1.831%. As you can tell from the graph, the function that produces the inflation rate curve is negatively hyperbolic, and it converges, over time, to ~0.0493% inflation per year.

Hopefully, this clears up any confusion about the supply of Silk. Please do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have here, in a PM, or on the Silk Network Slack Group.

A more detailed analysis; including extensive data, forecasting, graphs, (and more!), of the Silk Network will be included in a forthcoming paper that I am currently writing to be released before the end of 2015.

SLievensDRKSLK

CTO - Silk Network

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 11:53:39 AM

Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: