April 25, 2024, 11:56:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: To Be or Not to Be
To Be - 41 (70.7%)
Not to Be - 17 (29.3%)
Total Voters: 58

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 210 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SILKCOIN][DARKSILK PREANN][TESTING STORMNODES/DarkSIlk MARKET/I2P]  (Read 289445 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
arteleis (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:41:38 AM

1) I have  Silkcoin.co
2) I can't post on trello
3) I need our official webmaster/designer to contact me....somehow.
4) I need our official task manager/director to contact me to regarding #1
5) There is no 5.  I just really like the number.

Oh, and for what it's worth, my wife who has a M.A. in Fine Arts has a suggestion concerning the camel logo (s).  She suggests that the camel be made to face left instead of right.  Since we (english lang) read left to right and it is an ingrained pattern for eye movement, pointing the camel left generates (subconsciously) a forward movement and creates a more positve symbolic relationship blah...blah...blah....instead of our eyes first seeing his ass which suggests he is running away from something.   

Me? I think he looks a lot like the Camel cigarette logo, and now I suddenly want to drive down to Mapco and buy a pack of cigs. 

What is your trello id?  One of us has to add you to post.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karn

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation."

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:44:13 AM

Glad to see a lot has been going on in this thread at least. I'm still very optimistic and plan to ride SC all the way back up Wink

“But it's a poor fellow who can't take his pleasure without asking other people's permission.” ― Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf
pandionrain

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

SILK. All the cool kids are buying it.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:17:34 AM

If anyone knows, please tell me how the hell I can install the Silkcoin wallet on Linux.  Preferably the easiest way, and more specifically on Raspbian Wheezy.   Hell, with so many miners out there, why not also have it on Pi?   Huh  Undecided

SILK:   B5ZPSMdFTWKKofvF1cKqVorapD8sV62XFx
BTC:    14vooT31DUVqxCFKR67dnEUojhBfKbHW1L
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:23:52 AM

1) I have  Silkcoin.co

Oh, and for what it's worth, my wife who has a M.A. in Fine Arts has a suggestion concerning the camel logo (s).  She suggests that the camel be made to face left instead of right.  Since we (english lang) read left to right and it is an ingrained pattern for eye movement, pointing the camel left generates (subconsciously) a forward movement and creates a more positve symbolic relationship blah...blah...blah....instead of our eyes first seeing his ass which suggests he is running away from something.   

Me? I think he looks a lot like the Camel cigarette logo, and now I suddenly want to drive down to Mapco and buy a pack of cigs. 

Interesting to read that, when i designed the logo, i actually turned the camel around so it pointed to the right, as it didnt look right pointing towards the left, anyway, camel cigarettes have the camel pointing left, so its all the better to have it pointing right, the camel on the cigarette packet has only one hump, so i think its safe to say we look alot different Smiley

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
pandionrain

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

SILK. All the cool kids are buying it.

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 04:33:02 AM

1) I have  Silkcoin.co

Same as here.  Pandionrain.

SILK:   B5ZPSMdFTWKKofvF1cKqVorapD8sV62XFx
BTC:    14vooT31DUVqxCFKR67dnEUojhBfKbHW1L
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:56:59 AM

1) I have  Silkcoin.co

Same as here.  Pandionrain.
Added.  Welcome. Grin

Transidium

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:57:33 AM

Hanz, check your PM's: further-refined ANN inside with new exchange + social graphics; tightened layout.
More advanced modules to come tomorrow  Smiley

Ben
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 06:01:35 AM

Any idea when the new client will be ready?
Guys we need to have regular updates from the devs posted here so that investors checking out our thread know progress is being made.
It will also help reduce FUD.

New stable client with many fixes is at the top of the ANN.  1.0.9.3
Notes of fixes at the top of the ANN.

1.0.9.4 being worked on hard by Bishop and Detroit.
Original code (1.0.9.2 and older) is in rough shape, and is taking extensive time and effort to clean up.

We'd like to release 1.0.9.4 this week and is currently is testing phases.  I will update as we are closer to finalizing a release date.

Otherwise, the network is sound and the 1.0.9.3 wallet is working correctly with the exception of some market data issues (of course being worked on for next upgrade.)

All is well.

Awesome. Thanks a lot for this man.
You're doing an awesome job with this thread  Smiley
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:48:02 AM

I added a note on the Trello board about possible improvements regarding the development. I also post the note here for discussion.

I'd suggest that, once the coin name is determined (changed or not):

1) a Github Organization should be setup and should be joined by those dev team members that should have write access to the source code repository. Everybody can contribute by creating pull requests, but only a few should have write access to the repo for security.

2) The github issue tracker should be fully utilized as far as coding is involved (bugs, tasks, etc etc). This would help with transparency and organization as we would all know which task is assigned to whom and what the progress is.

3) Commits should be pushed to the public repository (branches could be utilized for feature testing etc), unless there are security reasons not to do so.

4) Everybody should feel free to post feedback or open issues at the github issue tracker.

5) Perhaps the wiki feature of github should also be used for technical documentation.

Trello is good for many things but not for organizing a software project. These are just some ideas. Feel free to comment on them.

I believe this is exactly what we're aiming for.  Presently Detroit and Bishop are working off each others gits and when finish will be pulled to public repo with all the commits and info you mention.
   I am new to github, but am the only one who can write to present public repo.  It was suggested like this for security purposes as you mention.
  In saying this, the location of the public repo may or may not change.  It is of course optimal to have 2 skilled, trusted coders to review and accept commits.
  My github can be used for this as long as it is in the interest of security and commitment to the community.
    We will be of course looking for more coders to conduct peer review of the forks and test branches.

Feel free to add me on gchat if you want to talk more, as well as any coders willing to do peer review.

Hanzlambrecht@gmail.com

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:50:50 AM

Any idea when the new client will be ready?
Guys we need to have regular updates from the devs posted here so that investors checking out our thread know progress is being made.
It will also help reduce FUD.

New stable client with many fixes is at the top of the ANN.  1.0.9.3
Notes of fixes at the top of the ANN.

1.0.9.4 being worked on hard by Bishop and Detroit.
Original code (1.0.9.2 and older) is in rough shape, and is taking extensive time and effort to clean up.

We'd like to release 1.0.9.4 this week and is currently is testing phases.  I will update as we are closer to finalizing a release date.

Otherwise, the network is sound and the 1.0.9.3 wallet is working correctly with the exception of some market data issues (of course being worked on for next upgrade.)

All is well.

Awesome. Thanks a lot for this man.
You're doing an awesome job with this thread  Smiley

Thank you! Let me know what i can do to make this community better and ill do it.  (-;

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:51:31 AM

Hanz, check your PM's: further-refined ANN inside with new exchange + social graphics; tightened layout.
More advanced modules to come tomorrow  Smiley

Ben

ANN updated.  Nice work Ben!

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:16:00 AM

I added a note on the Trello board about possible improvements regarding the development. I also post the note here for discussion.

1) a Github Organization should be setup and should be joined by those dev team members that should have write access to the source code repository. Everybody can contribute by creating pull requests, but only a few should have write access to the repo for security.

2) The github issue tracker should be fully utilized as far as coding is involved (bugs, tasks, etc etc). This would help with transparency and organization as we would all know which task is assigned to whom and what the progress is.

3) Commits should be pushed to the public repository (branches could be utilized for feature testing etc), unless there are security reasons not to do so.

4) Everybody should feel free to post feedback or open issues at the github issue tracker.

5) Perhaps the wiki feature of github should also be used for technical documentation.

Trello is good for many things but not for organizing a software project. These are just some ideas. Feel free to comment on them.

Just a bit if further explanation as noted at the bottom of the present repo.

Code:
Development process
Developers work in their own trees, then submit pull requests when they think their feature or bug fix is ready.
The patch will be accepted if there is broad consensus that it is a good thing. Developers should expect to rework and resubmit patches if they don't match the project's coding conventions (see coding.txt) or are controversial.
The master branch is regularly built and tested, but is not guaranteed to be completely stable. Tags are regularly created to indicate new official, stable release versions of Silkcoin.
Feature branches are created when there are major new features being worked on by several people.
From time to time a pull request will become outdated. If this occurs, and the pull is no longer automatically mergeable; a comment on the pull will be used to issue a warning of closure. The pull will be closed 15 days after the warning if action is not taken by the author. Pull requests closed in this manner will have their corresponding issue labeled 'stagnant'.
Issues with no commits will be given a similar warning, and closed after 15 days from their last activity. Issues closed in this manner will be labeled 'stale'.

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 07:48:42 AM

I believe this is exactly what we're aiming for.  Presently Detroit and Bishop are working off each others gits and when finish will be pulled to public repo with all the commits and info you mention.
   I am new to github, but am the only one who can write to present public repo.  It was suggested like this for security purposes as you mention.
  In saying this, the location of the public repo may or may not change.  It is of course optimal to have 2 skilled, trusted coders to review and accept commits.
  My github can be used for this as long as it is in the interest of security and commitment to the community.
    We will be of course looking for more coders to conduct peer review of the forks and test branches.

Feel free to add me on gchat if you want to talk more, as well as any coders willing to do peer review.

Hanzlambrecht@gmail.com

Also, I'd like to clarify that I consider the trello board excellent for organization and planning and that the work that has been done so far is fantastic. All the above suggestions for using github are for all tasks related to coding.

Yep trello is awesome although its prob due for a.little tidying.  Lotsss of info in there. Posted the repo code in regards to the github process. Standard protocol, which i think is the same as youve mentioned.  If we missed something or theres a problem you noticed let me know.

nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:13:22 AM

Ill try and give trello a bit of a tidy up tomorrow, ive been busy with work this week, but will try and get round to it.

I will refine the final logo artwork and upload some high res vector images in SVG format that the devs can work with and incorporate into the wallet.

Keep up the good work guys, remember that we need to come back better and stronger than before, and im confident that we will!
 Grin

Over and out for me on this side of the earth, see you in the morning!

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
godofdefire

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

Cheesy Thank you guys! I can see my coin again with the 1.0.9.3 wallet update!

Having the wallet fixed looks like the least of the work being done around here.
I love the idea of voting for features as a community in wallet! This line of thinking makes Silkcoin a valuable currency indeed.

I was wondering, will you need to own any coin to vote?

Thank you again!
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:08:50 PM

Time to  buy again Grin
arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:04:42 PM

Ill try and give trello a bit of a tidy up tomorrow, ive been busy with work this week, but will try and get round to it.

I will refine the final logo artwork and upload some high res vector images in SVG format that the devs can work with and incorporate into the wallet.

Keep up the good work guys, remember that we need to come back better and stronger than before, and im confident that we will!
 Grin

Over and out for me on this side of the earth, see you in the morning!

Roger

arteleis (OP)

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:01:40 PM

Cheesy Thank you guys! I can see my coin again with the 1.0.9.3 wallet update!

Having the wallet fixed looks like the least of the work being done around here.
I love the idea of voting for features as a community in wallet! This line of thinking makes Silkcoin a valuable currency indeed.

I was wondering, will you need to own any coin to vote?

Thank you again!

Yes, voting will be paid and all funds will go directly to development from the voting process.   We are working on a combination of paid vote, diminished paid vote, confirmations, and voter ranking system to make the voting process as secure and fair as possible.
   I'm not going to give too many details quite yet, but i can say the backend is finished.. and project is aimed to be released this week so we can all finalise the name/rebranding dispute and move forward with marketing/fundraising and further decisions as a community.
     As we presently have clear options for the first poll(s) there will not need to be community proposals from the polling site as the proposals have of course been raised in the forum.
   But for future proposals (perhaps after a couple votes) for polls a ranking system will be used to raise proposals and rally signatures for a concern to be properly voiced and a poll raised.
   So it will be necessary once poll is up to be active (even be it 1 silk - 1 silk per vote) in order to recieve your poll rankings and raise future proposals.
   Once site is up we will definitely be open to review and scrutiny regarding the security and fairness of the system and will regularily update the system if any weakness is found. 

ttoroie

Activity: 404
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:43:26 PM

Cool
Thanks Arteleis

Price is getting up

THE JOURNEY'S ON HERE
SEQ: SSeQKtFR5zpqzLYozGRstXCcuaBjdMW3EU DYN: D5KWKzdhRz2yShwjkwX1Co51NBkNtGLuaz
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 04:02:18 PM

Is it possible to setup a Silkcoin pool?

On this way we can get things a little bit moving on the exchanges...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 210 »
  Print  

Jump to: