Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:55:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Putting a Person on a Block Chain  (Read 3837 times)
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:04:48 AM

My brother died a little over a year ago now, and his death made me wish that there was a way to have kept him alive digitally. I found a thread about putting a human consciousness on the block chain, but I can not find that thread anymore. So I thought I would make a new one.

What do you guys think about the possibility of a human consciousness being placed on a block chain?

First someone would have to create a block chain that could answer questions, as a model (and I have heard of people using block chains for file storage, so I do not see why that would be hard, and the Watson computer used Wikipedia to win Jeopardy.) Then once there was a block chain that could be mined for answers, then eventually someone could maybe find a way to imprint their actual human being into the block chain.

ECG and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation are probably good things to look in to for this.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 08:04:29 AM

Not quite sure the blockchain would be the funnest place to have your mind trapped in
Maybe a MMORPG playing a game forever or three dimesnional reality but Jepoardy bot is the closet we have (Watson) in AI
But if a robot passes the Turing test then it can be seen as intelligent.

phillipsjk
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001

Let the chips fall where they may.

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 08:41:15 AM

Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

I was not aware of the 2013 thread on the same subject.

James' OpenPGP public key fingerprint: EB14 9E5B F80C 1F2D 3EBE  0A2F B3DE 81FF 7B9D 5160
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:10:55 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2014, 01:04:53 PM by Meuh6879

stop viewing "transendance" movie ...  Roll Eyes
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:19:32 AM

My brother died a little over a year ago now, and his death made me wish that there was a way to have kept him alive digitally. I found a thread about putting a human consciousness on the block chain, but I can not find that thread anymore. So I thought I would make a new one.

What do you guys think about the possibility of a human consciousness being placed on a block chain?

First someone would have to create a block chain that could answer questions, as a model (and I have heard of people using block chains for file storage, so I do not see why that would be hard, and the Watson computer used Wikipedia to win Jeopardy.) Then once there was a block chain that could be mined for answers, then eventually someone could maybe find a way to imprint their actual human being into the block chain.

ECG and Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation are probably good things to look in to for this.

First of all, sorry for the loss...

Forget blockchain. It is not yet possible to store a human mind in a local machine, except for some sci-fi movie.

What u can do is mine a block and emboss his name in the header.

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:22:10 AM

Technical and philosophical uncertainties aside, I don't thing a blockchain is a suitable medium for humanlike consciousness. A blockchain exists to lock down a state irrevocably, and state changes are encoded in new blocks referring to the old ones. If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is bloated. just try storing every neural operation in one... Besides, neural rewiring, malleability of memory etc. seem like pretty important parts of being a live person to me.

We'll just have to do with our memories of those lost for now.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:08:08 PM

finshaggy.. please put the weed away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your fantasies are not making bitcoin stronger..

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 02:06:00 PM

finshaggy.. please put the Scooby-Dope away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your Frankenseeds are not making bitcoin stronger..

FTFY
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:01:55 PM

Not quite sure the blockchain would be the funnest place to have your mind trapped in
Maybe a MMORPG playing a game forever or three dimesnional reality but Jepoardy bot is the closet we have (Watson) in AI
But if a robot passes the Turing test then it can be seen as intelligent.

I am not saying that I have cracked the code or solved for x or anything, I am just saying that a Blockchain could probably hold a mind better than any hardware and software or ANY hierarchy of systems without a blockchain.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:02:38 PM

Block-chain technology is not suitable for storing massive amounts of data. It's sole purpose is deciding the order of transactions and publishing them.

I was not aware of the 2013 thread on the same subject.

Thank you for finding that. I don't know why I couldn't.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:03:30 PM

stop viewing "transendance" movie ...  Roll Eyes

I have actually never seen that movie, lol.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:04:32 PM

First of all, sorry for the loss...

Forget blockchain. It is not yet possible to store a human mind in a local machine, except for some sci-fi movie.

What u can do is mine a block and emboss his name in the header.

I don't expect to be able to put HIM on the block chain, that is just when I thought of it. I was just suggesting it for someone else, and for a possible AI.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:06:56 PM

Technical and philosophical uncertainties aside, I don't thing a blockchain is a suitable medium for humanlike consciousness. A blockchain exists to lock down a state irrevocably, and state changes are encoded in new blocks referring to the old ones. If you think the Bitcoin blockchain is bloated. just try storing every neural operation in one... Besides, neural rewiring, malleability of memory etc. seem like pretty important parts of being a live person to me.

Watch this. This guy is the CLOSEST IN THE WORLD to achieving Artificial Intelligence. And to me it seems like he is missing a block chain to make the computer more than a computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_nOddk01E

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:09:11 PM

finshaggy.. please put the weed away when you are watching transcendence.. whats next you want to pretend you thought it up first..

do something productive with bitcoin, your fantasies are not making bitcoin stronger..

LOL

First, I have never seen transcendence.
Second, I clearly stated where I got the idea. So clearly that someone else was able to go out and find the thread I was talking about even though they had never seen it before, so... Yeah.

Maybe get your head out of your ass. And stop smelling your own farts. For Bitcoin.

Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 03:12:30 PM

And, thinking back on the concept I am pretty sure I read about a universal web of artificial intelligence in the 2nd Ender's Game book, called: Speaker for the Dead. Where Ender has an AI bluetooth that lives in the internet and can move between planets, and even discovers how to step outside of space and time.

So if anything, Transcendence copied THEM. I didn't copy transcendence. I have never even seen it.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 04:31:28 PM

either way, stick with reality and documentaries, your weed filled mind and science fiction stories is not going to help bitcoin expand.. and makes your posts belong in off-topic or trashcan,,

you have no knowledge of estimates of data requirements to hold every thought, image, memory and logic rule that corresponds to a human mind.

you have no blockchain experience to make it possible to hold this data..

basically why would every bitcoin node on earth want to store your brother...

bitcoin is about everyone having a copy of a ledger/database/data. AI would work on a central datacenter, which had internet access to get information from the planet... NOT have millions of copies of a human on everyone computer..

AI reality would be stored centrally with access to the world.. it wont be decentralised

now please take your non bitcoin fantasies to a sci-fi forum, and stop trying to use this forum for your fantasies simply by finding the most limpest and weakest possible way to use the word bitcoin in your dream. in an attempt to make it tolerated to be posted here.

please cut down on the weed and when using this forum, try to stick to reality and actual things that would actually help bitcoin expand

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bitcoin-hotep (OP)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 05:42:51 PM

either way, stick with reality and documentaries, your weed filled mind and science fiction stories is not going to help bitcoin expand.. and makes your posts belong in off-topic or trashcan,,

you have no knowledge of estimates of data requirements to hold every thought, image, memory and logic rule that corresponds to a human mind.

you have no blockchain experience to make it possible to hold this data..

basically why would every bitcoin node on earth want to store your brother...

bitcoin is about everyone having a copy of a ledger/database/data. AI would work on a central datacenter, which had internet access to get information from the planet... NOT have millions of copies of a human on everyone computer..

AI reality would be stored centrally with access to the world.. it wont be decentralised

now please take your non bitcoin fantasies to a sci-fi forum, and stop trying to use this forum for your fantasies simply by finding the most limpest and weakest possible way to use the word bitcoin in your dream. in an attempt to make it tolerated to be posted here.

please cut down on the weed and when using this forum, try to stick to reality and actual things that would actually help bitcoin expand

LOL

Do you feel like you know me somehow?
Did me talking about making a town make you feel like we were close or something?

Even if you have seen a picture of me (many people have) what makes you think you can start saying what I do and do not know?

You are a sad troll. Please, get a life and make threads that WILL help bitcoin instead of pretending that shit talking a stranger (me) is doing anything progressive.

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:25:11 PM

Watch this. This guy is the CLOSEST IN THE WORLD to achieving Artificial Intelligence. And to me it seems like he is missing a block chain to make the computer more than a computer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG_nOddk01E

We may someday soon achieve strong AI, but it will always be artificial.

There will never be "spiritual machines" or true
consciousness/awareness in a computer.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 06:56:48 PM

How will physical reality be able to distinguish between machines created by evolution and machines created by man in a lab?

jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 07:08:03 PM

How will physical reality be able to distinguish between machines created by evolution and machines created by man in a lab?

This depends on one's philosophical position.
If you are a material reductionist like Kurzweil, you would say it can't.

But I would disagree, as I believe consciousness is primary and
does not originate from the physical domain.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: