Bitcoin Forum
December 09, 2016, 07:57:42 AM *
News: To be able to use the next phase of the beta forum software, please ensure that your email address is correct/functional.
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B  (Read 20399 times)
friedcat
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 848



View Profile
March 24, 2012, 08:29:21 AM
 #21

I invested some BTCs on TyGrr-Bank. Its return rate is one of the highest on GLBSE. Smiley

Currently only 1/5, that is 10,000 shares were sold. With 4/5 of the total shares left.

Is 50,000 just a randomly chosen number as some kind of buffer for emergency, or do
you have some short-term plans to enlarge your loan? Thanks.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
friedcat
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 848



View Profile
March 24, 2012, 08:48:45 AM
 #22

I invested some BTCs on TyGrr-Bank. Its return rate is one of the highest on GLBSE. Smiley

Currently only 1/5, that is 10,000 shares were sold. With 4/5 of the total shares left.

Is 50,000 just a randomly chosen number as some kind of buffer for emergency, or do
you have some short-term plans to enlarge your loan? Thanks.

Hello friedcat,

50,000 was a semi random number. I do not know mow much capital I will need but I'm rather sure I will not need more than that!

I have two projects I am working on and I am right now looking at privet funding. I really do not like the idea of taking BTC loans for projects priced in $USD. However I might sell a few more bonds if things don't work out the way I hope.

Very soon however it is looking like I will have a different type of bond on GLBSE for a project that we will go public with in the next few days.

Thank you for your interest.

Thanks for your quick reply.

We are now preparing for an IPO of a venture capital fund. I've been considering TyGrr-Bank as one of the most promising investees for our bootstrapping. But it seems that we are already late for your IPO, and we are worried that the market price of this bond will speedily increase to a level we couldn't afford. So we are glad to hear that you have a different type of bond listing soon, and I will study it as soon as you are ready to disclose some details.

molecular
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2142



View Profile
March 24, 2012, 10:08:24 AM
 #23

TyGrr-Bank Now operational on GLBSE!

TyGrr-Bank is a BTC bond that will pay weekly dividends every Tuesday 6:00 PM Thailand time.

This is an easy and safe way to lend small amounts of BTC.

The current rate is 3% each week!

Each bond will be sold at .103 BTC and will be bought back at any time at .1 BTC.

This spread is here because you do not need to hold the bond for a full week to get the dividend payment.


Thanks!

  

I see what you did there.  You are getting a portion of the bond a free 0% weekly loan.

You should be buying them back at .103 BTC instead of .100 BTC to give the bond holders "3% each week".  You state that it is not necessary for the bondholder to hold the bond for a whole week to get the dividend payment of 0.003 BTC per share. If someone buys the bond at 0.103 BTC and holds it for a week and gets 0.003 BTC, then when they go to sell it at 0.100 BTC you will essentially be getting a 0% weekly loan.

The bond holder would have to hold the bond for 2 weeks to receive the "3% each week" rate.

My 0.02 BTC on the subject:

Be it 0.103/0.10 or 0.10/0.97 (it is a difference, percentage-wise), I think it's really good to do it this way. The "secondary" market handles everything in between really well and I think it's fair.

As to "you have to hold it for 2 weeks to get 3%", this is not necessarily true, exactly because of the secondary market. At the beginning of the week it would be disadvantageous to buy at 0.103, but there are people that just collected dividends and want to sell. Supply and demand will meet somewhere in the middle, maybe at 0.101. As the week goes on, prices will rise again because dividends are soon to be payed.

EDIT: of course this only works this way when IPO shares for 0.103 are available. Now it's a different kind of game (IPO shares gone), prices will rise well above 0.103. Goat, what's your policy on releasing more shares? I hope you only release them IF you can make use of the money? I'd rather see you not issue more and keep the 3% dividends as opposed to issuing more and lowering dividends.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
The00Dustin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 806


View Profile
March 24, 2012, 12:09:47 PM
 #24

I don't see why anyone would buy at over .103 when goat can buy back at any time he wants.  That just wouldn't make sense.  If the interest accumulated instead of paying out, then yes, the value would increase, but since the weekly interest is distributed to the bondholders, I'm not sure whether the bond is ever worth more than .1 again.  The question is will there be a guaranteed final dividend payment immediately before the buyback (regardless of when said buyback may occur)?  If so, then the bond is always worth up to itself plus 1 week's dividend, otherwise, paying .103 (or even .1000001) could be a losing proposition.
molecular
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2142



View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:12:12 PM
 #25

I don't see why anyone would buy at over .103 when goat can buy back at any time he wants.

Please clarify. How can he buy back at any time?


PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2142



View Profile
March 24, 2012, 02:19:07 PM
 #26

I don't see why anyone would buy at over .103 when goat can buy back at any time he wants.

Please clarify. How can he buy back at any time?



Make interest rate 0%, place a buy for 10000 shares at .103 and walk away.   Clearly you wont have to sell to me but I think most people will. Clearly I cant offer 3% a week forever, this has to end sometime.

Thanks for the explanation.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
stochastic
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 532


View Profile
March 24, 2012, 09:53:12 PM
 #27

I don't see why anyone would buy at over .103 when goat can buy back at any time he wants.

Please clarify. How can he buy back at any time?



Make interest rate 0%, place a buy for 10000 shares at .103 and walk away.   Clearly you wont have to sell to me but I think most people will. Clearly I cant offer 3% a week forever, this has to end sometime.

Very reassuring.

As for some people buying above .103, that is just some speculation some people are willing to take.  Maybe too risky as you state you won't offer 3% forever, but even making 1% a week is better than most returns for the dividends of mining companies listed.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
molecular
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2142



View Profile
March 24, 2012, 10:17:56 PM
 #28

I don't see why anyone would buy at over .103 when goat can buy back at any time he wants.

Please clarify. How can he buy back at any time?



Make interest rate 0%, place a buy for 10000 shares at .103 and walk away.   Clearly you wont have to sell to me but I think most people will. Clearly I cant offer 3% a week forever, this has to end sometime.

Very reassuring.

As for some people buying above .103, that is just some speculation some people are willing to take.  Maybe too risky as you state you won't offer 3% forever, but even making 1% a week is better than most returns for the dividends of mining companies listed.

true. If TyGrr-Bank runs for a while with no new shares and constant dividends (trust builds), I can see people trading it at 0.11 or more. It's a gamble, allright, but isn't investing in this a gamble to begin with? The returns are juicy, people might just "want in" and get carried away.

We could see our first debt bubble.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2142



View Profile
March 25, 2012, 12:04:56 PM
 #29

Well a warning, don't speculate too much on this. If the price start going way up it will be very clear the market wants me to lower rates. :/

Just sold 100 TyGrr-Bank for 0.11 BTC/share. I think the market wants you to lower interest rates. What's your treshold?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
stochastic
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 532


View Profile
March 26, 2012, 01:29:50 AM
 #30

Well a warning, don't speculate too much on this. If the price start going way up it will be very clear the market wants me to lower rates. :/

Just sold 100 TyGrr-Bank for 0.11 BTC/share. I think the market wants you to lower interest rates. What's your treshold?


Damn, GLBSE screwed up my sell order.  I was selling about the same amount for less than you but the order vanished.  Embarrassed

Quote
Okay, it looks like I will be lowering rates a bit and selling more shares. However my assets and BTC did not move over to GLBSE 2.0 so I'm going to have to wait on that. I will make a post tomorrow. I still need to hear back from a few potential investors.

Are you going to honor the 3% dividend for the upcoming dividend on Tuesday?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
stochastic
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 532


View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:09:51 AM
 #31

Are you going to honor the 3% dividend for the upcoming dividend on Tuesday?

he wrote elsewhere he'll be giving 1 week notice (in advance) for dividend changes.
this week's announced change is 'no change' from previous week ; )
my best guess

Oh yes, I forgot about that.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Nefario
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 602


GLBSE Support support@glbse.com


View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 02:32:15 AM
 #32

Well a warning, don't speculate too much on this. If the price start going way up it will be very clear the market wants me to lower rates. :/

Just sold 100 TyGrr-Bank for 0.11 BTC/share. I think the market wants you to lower interest rates. What's your treshold?


Okay, it looks like I will be lowering rates a bit and selling more shares. However my assets and BTC did not move over to GLBSE 2.0 so I'm going to have to wait on that. I will make a post tomorrow. I still need to hear back from a few potential investors.

I really wish I could make a bond denominated in US Dollars for me newest project Sad

This is fixed.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
The00Dustin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 806


View Profile
March 26, 2012, 12:44:07 PM
 #33

I will be selling a 2000 more bonds and lowering the payment to 2.5% on April 3rd. This means that the dividends on March 27th and April 3rd will be at 3% but after that it will be 2.5% until I change it (odds are lower it)
Does this mean the 2000 bnew onds will be listed on April 3rd, or at same point before then?  Also, will they be sold for .103 or 1.025, and will the lowering rate affect buyback price when the time comes?
roomservice
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 190



View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:22:42 PM
 #34

I will be selling a 2000 more bonds and lowering the payment to 2.5% on April 3rd. This means that the dividends on March 27th and April 3rd will be at 3% but after that it will be 2.5% until I change it (odds are lower it)
Does this mean the 2000 bnew onds will be listed on April 3rd, or at same point before then?  Also, will they be sold for .103 or 1.025, and will the lowering rate affect buyback price when the time comes?

1988 are for sale now at .103

When I buy back, I will just buy back the bond at .1 plus whatever that weeks interest is. So if I buy back April 4th it will be .1025

Thanks.


If the interest and buy back rate is lowred, it should be considered to compensate the loss of those shareholder, who bought at 0.103 because they can't sell their shares for 0.103 back.

In this case this could be easily done in paying 3.5% into the upcomming dividend.

It could be done even the other way around, if Goat deceides to raise dividend and buy back rate anytime in the future in lowering the last dividend payout before raising the dividend rate.

What do other shareholders think about?

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
TheOtherGuy
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 71



View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:45:29 PM
 #35

[[/quote]
What do other shareholders think about?
[/quote]

I am fine with what Goat is proposing. He has been open with all of his communication. If anyone is upside down when the rate lowers it is because they were speculating.

1NDoRoTapFZNiUhzTPyFdKib66QLJfmcuR
The00Dustin
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 806


View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:52:31 PM
 #36

I agree with 2 weeks notice being reasonable.  I also find it preferrable.  If someone buys at .103 after that 2nd weekly dividend, they clearly weren't doing their research (even the thread title already indicates the change).
Philj
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 386



View Profile
March 26, 2012, 02:56:18 PM
 #37

Update the OP with any changes like dropping the rate and the date that it will be put in place, once the final decision is made.
roomservice
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 190



View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:01:50 PM
 #38

I agree with 2 weeks notice being reasonable.  I also find it preferrable.  If someone buys at .103 after that 2nd weekly dividend, they clearly weren't doing their research (even the thread title already indicates the change).

Assuming no one buys by then I will lower it to .1025   However only 853 are left. It seems I should lower rates again:(    (or sell more bonds)

Just a fair warning April 10th odds are will have a lower rate than 2.5%

Hi Goat,

please don't get me wrong here. I feel that you acted always fair to your shareholders, adjusting the dividend rate is perfectly fine!

Please forget my proposal, i really think we are fine here.

Sidenote: Just bought another 1.2k shares because i really like you Cheesy But if buying more shares of TyGrr-Bank means lower rates again, it seems kind of paradox for me ^^

Cheers!

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
roomservice
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 190



View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:10:35 PM
 #39

I agree with 2 weeks notice being reasonable.  I also find it preferrable.  If someone buys at .103 after that 2nd weekly dividend, they clearly weren't doing their research (even the thread title already indicates the change).

Assuming no one buys by then I will lower it to .1025   However only 853 are left. It seems I should lower rates again:(    (or sell more bonds)

Just a fair warning April 10th odds are will have a lower rate than 2.5%

Hi Goat,

please don't get me wrong here. I feel that you acted always fair to your shareholders, adjusting the dividend rate is perfectly fine!

Please forget my proposal, i really think we are fine here.

Sidenote: Just bought another 1.2k shares because i really like you Cheesy But if buying more shares of TyGrr-Bank means lower rates again, it seems kind of paradox for me ^^

Cheers!

True, I need to take this into account as I know you hold a lot. How much do you currently hold? Thanks.

About 7k shares Cheesy I can contact you via irc before my next investment if that helps Smiley

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
vuce
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
March 26, 2012, 07:02:19 PM
 #40

Quote
and will be bought back at any time at .1 BTC.

Where did all the buy orders go!?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!