Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B  (Read 21947 times)
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:14:48 PM

"These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice."

You have agreed to that too.

Are you sure. Did you check the sign up process, did at any point of time did you agree to the terms? The link on the bottom isn't a valid agreement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 12:21:36 PM

The guy has taken thousands of BTC of investors money, there were recent attempts to break into his account, he is the largest asset issuer on GLBSE. Is it so unreasonable to ask for proof of ID?

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
vampire

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:28:20 PM

The guy has taken thousands of BTC of investors money, there were recent attempts to break into his account, he is the largest asset issuer on GLBSE. Is it so unreasonable to ask for proof of ID?

I question legality of GLBSE. In which country did you register the company. Do you understand that when you deal with IPO (at least in USA), you need to have all kinds of approvals, licenses and etc?
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:31:28 PM

I see no violation of the terms. And can hardly believe Goat is still not complying. If I was a shareholder, my trust in him would be low now too.

It clearly states "We may at our discretion, ask asset creators to provide proof of identity, address, phone number and more, until we are sufficiently satisfied. Said information will be held securely offline and not shared with any third party. We reserve the right to freeze trading of the asset and the asset creators account for failure to provide requested details or in the event of suspected fraud."

He hasn’t failed yet or been suspected to be a fraudster by Nefario, has he?

So what exactly is the problem? Huh

From Nefario, there is recent attempts to break into his account. That would be partially regarded as suspicious IMHO.For what I know, the actual Goat might be sleeping while the hacker are using his account.  Grin I don't see why Nefario has a motive to cheat here; it's not like he gets all the proceeds from Goat's account. He is even ruining his own business as Goat is the biggest asset issuer on GLBSE. Think of the fees he'll lose if everyone's apprehensive to trade Goat's stocks.

Goat, just verify and get over with it. This is starting to sound bad for everyone.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:34:13 PM

I question legality of GLBSE. In which country did you register the company. Do you understand that when you deal with IPO (at least in USA), you need to have all kinds of approvals, licenses and etc?

I question your unconditional support of Goat's shady actions...
Happened before, it's happening now again.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:42:27 PM

No. It's also not reasonable to threaten to close all the assets (after fairly quickly freezing them) when Goat's already said he's not liable for you creating terms of service out of thin air, then denying service for not complying with those made-up terms. You'd effectively ensure his assets "default." Already, prices of his assets have been plummeting over this, which personally affects me.

This is a silly argument and the stakes are too high. What's more ridiculous is that Goat's already provided gov't ID to investors (honestly, I'm surprised nobody's just submitted them to Nefario behind Goat's back, yet). Neither Goat's nor Nefario's arguments are reasonable given the stakes, and the whole thing's meaningless. Both Nefario and Goat are set in their ways, and the lines have been drawn. Nobody's going to change -- you've both dug in. Either GLBSE or Goat-related assets will lose credibility, and most likely, both will, quite significantly. In either case, they both negatively affect each other, which negatively affects me -- this's gone on long enough.

Goat: Please just upload your gov't ID. IIRC, you do not need to provide anything beyond that. You've provided it to others without this drama. Granted, they didn't freeze your accounts anywhere and create a lot of FUD through that action, but it's detrimental to allow it to continue. I swear to the King of All Fuck I will stop investing in your projects if you don't submit ID to Nefario within a timely manner.

Nefario: Please don't allow these situations to happen in the future. State in the terms you demand ID prior to asset creation, and demand it from all current asset-creators, not just when the asset's become large in your mind and you suddenly have a whim to collect ID on the asset-creator. I swear to the King of All Fuck I will stop investing in assets listed on your site if you don't unfreeze Goat's assets within a timely manner.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:44:28 PM

No. It's also not reasonable to threaten to close all the assets (after fairly quickly freezing them) when Goat's already said he's not liable for you creating terms of service out of thin air, then denying service for not complying with those made-up terms. You'd effectively ensure his assets "default." Already, prices of his assets have been plummeting over this, which personally affects me.

This is a silly argument and the stakes are too high. What's more ridiculous is that Goat's already provided gov't ID to investors (honestly, I'm surprised nobody's just submitted them to Nefario behind Goat's back, yet). Neither Goat's nor Nefario's arguments are reasonable given the stakes, and the whole thing's meaningless. Both Nefario and Goat are set in their ways, and the lines have been drawn. Nobody's going to change -- you've both dug in. Either GLBSE or Goat-related assets will lose credibility, and most likely, both will, quite significantly. In either case, they both negatively affect each other, which negatively affects me -- this's gone on long enough.

Goat: Please just upload your gov't ID. IIRC, you do not need to provide anything beyond that. You've provided it to others without this drama. Granted, they didn't freeze your accounts anywhere and create a lot of FUD through that action, but it's detrimental to allow it to continue.

Nefario: Please don't allow these situations to happen in the future. State in the terms you demand ID prior to asset creation, and demand it from all current asset-creators, not just when the asset's become large in your mind and you suddenly have a whim to collect ID on the asset-creator.
+1. Just let this fiasco end.
vampire

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:47:52 PM

I question your unconditional support of Goat's shady actions...
Happened before, it's happening now again.

"Shady" is reserved name by Shakaru, have to come up with something else :-)

I simply get annoyed when people use words like TERMS, LAWYERS, and LAWS without have a clue about them. Remember our first altercation.

Disclaimer: I don't any money with Goat. I've dealt with him once awhile ago.
zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:49:43 PM

Goat: Please just upload your gov't ID. IIRC, you do not need to provide anything beyond that. You've provided it to others without this drama. Granted, they didn't freeze your accounts anywhere and create a lot of FUD through that action, but it's detrimental to allow it to continue. I swear to the King of All Fuck I will stop investing in your projects if you don't submit ID to Nefario within a timely manner.

Nefario: Please don't allow these situations to happen in the future. State in the terms you demand ID prior to asset creation, and demand it from all current asset-creators, not just when the asset's become large in your mind and you suddenly have a whim to collect ID on the asset-creator. I swear to the King of All Fuck I will stop investing in assets listed on your site if you don't unfreeze Goat's assets within a timely manner.

Agreed.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 12:53:47 PM

+2
Nefario

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 12:56:46 PM

Hard to argue with, I won't close the account or assets.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:00:33 PM

You have done what you can to ensure that the shareholders are safe and the Goat is the person he claims to be. Now it's the shareholders fault if it turns out he's a scammer or is someone else then he claims to be xD But hopefully things will go back to the way they were a couple of days ago without all of this drama Tongue
//DeaDTerra
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:03:16 PM

You have done what you can to ensure that the shareholders are safe and the Goat is the person he claims to be. Now it's the shareholders fault if it turns out he's a scammer or is someone else then he claims to be xD But hopefully things will go back to the way they were a couple of days ago without all of this drama Tongue
//DeaDTerra
Seen, witnessed, and +1-ed.
Nefario

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2012, 01:46:49 PM

We're working something out, hopefully should be sorted out by tomorrow.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:48:01 PM

We're working something out, hopefully should be sorted out by tomorrow.
Thank you very much Nefario, I am happy to see that both of you have managed to work things out Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 01:56:13 PM

The plan is for me to hold Goat's ID in "escrow." I provided Nefario with my own ID and intend to verify Goat's ID, then update Nefario. However, it's a bit past Goat's normal sleep-time, so until that time, I'll be increasing my stake in his assets while confidence is low.

The information's now public, so it isn't insider trading.... right? Tongue
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:10:28 PM

The plan is for me to hold Goat's ID in "escrow." I provided Nefario with my own ID and intend to verify Goat's ID, then update Nefario. However, it's a bit past Goat's normal sleep-time, so until that time, I'll be increasing my stake in his assets while confidence is low.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:27:32 PM

What? It's the implicit "mediation fee" I charge.

... In other news, the price of TyGrr-Bank just recovered.  Grin
labestiol

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:36:56 PM

Does this mean you'll pay back all TyGrr* investors if something goes wrong ?

1BestioLC7YBVh8Q5LfH6RYURD6MrpP8y6
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2012, 03:44:58 PM

Kluge, the fail isn't on you but on Goat's side Wink
Or am I the only one to find the whole "I will show it to Kluge but not to Nefario" extremely childish?

Does this mean you'll pay back all TyGrr* investors if something goes wrong ?
       ^^ This. Not that I should care much, because if he ends up scamming someone it won't be me
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: