Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:51:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: B  (Read 21947 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:37:43 PM

I agree with 2 weeks notice being reasonable.  I also find it preferrable.  If someone buys at .103 after that 2nd weekly dividend, they clearly weren't doing their research (even the thread title already indicates the change).

Assuming no one buys by then I will lower it to .1025   However only 853 are left. It seems I should lower rates again:(    (or sell more bonds)

Just a fair warning April 10th odds are will have a lower rate than 2.5%

Hi Goat,

please don't get me wrong here. I feel that you acted always fair to your shareholders, adjusting the dividend rate is perfectly fine!

Please forget my proposal, i really think we are fine here.

Sidenote: Just bought another 1.2k shares because i really like you Cheesy But if buying more shares of TyGrr-Bank means lower rates again, it seems kind of paradox for me ^^

Cheers!

True, I need to take this into account as I know you hold a lot. How much do you currently hold? Thanks.

About 7k shares Cheesy I can contact you via irc before my next investment if that helps Smiley

I hope that does not lead to asymmetrical information.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stochastic

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:02:30 PM

and will be bought back at any time at .1 BTC.

Where did all the buy orders go!?

buy orders have to be funded now (visible in portfolio / btc account as bitcoins blocked).
buy/sell orders did not migrate from 1.0 to new version, please create them from scratch

I think vuce is asking where is Goat's 0.100 orders like he would buy them back in the OP.  With the migration to 2.0, whenever someone tries to make a buy order part of their BTC funds will be reserved.  So if Goat allows someone to purchase back shares at 0.100 all the time, he has to keep that amount of BTC in reserve.  Thus, the BTC he is borrowing would not be able to be used from.

I had a few hundred orders for 0.1 but canceled the order as I wanted to use the funds for something else.  I wish there was a way to put in multiple orders and then GLBSE would cancel them when the funds available fell below a certain amount.  The volume on GLBSE 2.0 is lower than 1.0 because of this.  There were a lot of phantom orders but I think the measures now are too drastic.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
vuce

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:07:02 PM

and will be bought back at any time at .1 BTC.

Where did all the buy orders go!?

buy orders have to be funded now (visible in portfolio / btc account as bitcoins blocked).
buy/sell orders did not migrate from 1.0 to new version, please create them from scratch

I think vuce is asking where is Goat's 0.100 orders like he would buy them back in the OP.  With the migration to 2.0, whenever someone tries to make a buy order part of their BTC funds will be reserved.  So if Goat allows someone to purchase back shares at 0.100 all the time, he has to keep that amount of BTC in reserve.  Thus, the BTC he is borrowing would not be able to be used from.

I had a few hundred orders for 0.1 but canceled the order as I wanted to use the funds for something else.  I wish there was a way to put in multiple orders and then GLBSE would cancel them when the funds available fell below a certain amount.  The volume on GLBSE 2.0 is lower than 1.0 because of this.  There were a lot of phantom orders but I think the measures now are too drastic.

ah yes, haven't thought of that. Makes sense.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 10:44:20 PM

What are we voting on? It says I should check the forums, but I'm not finding anything specific. Help?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 12:41:26 AM

There is not vote, I used the vote as a way to send you guys a messaging letting you know the rates would drop.
I don't think there is a notification system for motions, so I'm not sure that is more effective than updating the OP and adding and update to the end of the thread.  That said, I notice that GLBSE 2.0 has a mail system.  Can you send a message to all shareholders through that?  I don't know if it would be more effective (I don't know if there is notification or visual indication of new messages), but it would be the most logical place to communicate with shareholders (outside of this thread).
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 04:53:56 PM

People can see all open motions they can vote on by clicking the motions link at the top of glbse.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
The00Dustin

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 05:38:50 PM

People can see all open motions they can vote on by clicking the motions link at the top of glbse.
I am assuming this response was directed at me.  I understand this, and it is certainly how Mushoz saw the fake motion.  My point was that faking a motion probably didn't add much notification value, as users are probably more likely to check the forum thread for updates than they are to check for motions (especially since the forum threads should indicate when there are motions).
Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 02:34:28 AM

I am assuming this response was directed at me.  I understand this, and it is certainly how Mushoz saw the fake motion.  My point was that faking a motion probably didn't add much notification value, as users are probably more likely to check the forum thread for updates than they are to check for motions (especially since the forum threads should indicate when there are motions).

Good point, I'll add a motions notification tag, in the same way that mail works.

finway

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 03:22:36 AM

I found this interesting.

The00Dustin

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:02:33 AM

Good point, I'll add a motions notification tag, in the same way that mail works.
That will be convenient for real notifications in case a forum thread update notification doesn't go out (or gets accidentally deleted).  I wonder how many more people will post in this thread asking what Goat's fake motion is for after you do that.  Is it possible/easy to mail all shareholders for next time Goat wants to post a interest raet change?  Also, is it possible that mail without subjects can't be viewed easily because there is no link to click on other than the subject?  (Just asking based on Goat's earlier response to my earlier post).
Nefario

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2012, 01:32:52 PM

That will be convenient for real notifications in case a forum thread update notification doesn't go out (or gets accidentally deleted).  I wonder how many more people will post in this thread asking what Goat's fake motion is for after you do that.  Is it possible/easy to mail all shareholders for next time Goat wants to post a interest raet change?  Also, is it possible that mail without subjects can't be viewed easily because there is no link to click on other than the subject?  (Just asking based on Goat's earlier response to my earlier post).

We can now mail all holders of the bond so that will happen along with a forum OP update. The fake motion was a bad idea on my part. Sorry

I have talked to Nefario about the no subject e-mail and he is on it.

Thanks.
Fixed, actually the mail system needs a good bit of work, I'll add that to my growing list of things to do.

stochastic

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:02:34 AM

Edit:

I will be selling a 2000 more bonds and lowering the payment to 2.5% on April 3rd. This means that the dividends on March 27th and April 3rd will be at 3% but after that it will be 2.5% until I change it (odds are lower it)

End Edit:

TyGrr-Bank Now operational on GLBSE!

TyGrr-Bank is a BTC bond that will pay weekly dividends every Tuesday 6:00 PM Thailand time.

This is an easy and safe way to lend small amounts of BTC.

The current rate is 3% each week!

Each bond will be sold at .103 BTC and will be bought back at any time at .1 BTC.

This spread is here because you do not need to hold the bond for a full week to get the dividend payment.

Thanks!

Are these dividends going to be paid out this week?  Is there a time when your account will be verified?

hashking

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 04:50:34 AM

Right now I do not have access to the account and I doubt Nefario will pay them for me. I am waiting for Nafario to publish his policy before I e-mail personal documents.

When do you think this will be resolved?
hashking

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 05:34:12 AM

Right now I do not have access to the account and I doubt Nefario will pay them for me. I am waiting for Nafario to publish his policy before I e-mail personal documents.

When do you think this will be resolved?

Waiting for him to publish his policy and explain why he froze my account. It is up to him right now.

Aren't you supposed to get verified with the GLBSE.  Why not just do it and get it done with.  Honestly this is making you look bad, almost like you are trying to hide something.  Not saying that you are but it could easily be viewed like this.
stochastic

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 05:46:46 AM

Just a few days ago it peaked up to 0.14.  Now look...

The00Dustin

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 09:57:20 AM

Just a few days ago it peaked up to 0.14.  Now look...
.1 isn't drastically low.  It's still face value of the bond.  Anyone paying that obviously feels that there is very little risk here...  Paying .103 now would say "I am willing to wait a week for my 2.5% interest to start" and paying .104 is just silly regardless.  After the current payment (assuming it will ultimately be made), paying more than .1025 is just silly.
zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 12:09:46 PM

Aren't you supposed to get verified with the GLBSE.  Why not just do it and get it done with.  Honestly this is making you look bad, almost like you are trying to hide something.  Not saying that you are but it could easily be viewed like this.

Seriously, just do it and get it done.  I seem to recall you uploaded a pic of your passport along with a bunch of pictures of the TyGrr rigs as a sort of verification.  Just send the damn pic to Nefario and stop having a hissy fit for no reason.
zapeta

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 12:26:50 PM

He wants more than just my passport,

"could you forward onto me your proof of
identity (photo ID, passport), your phone number(home and mobile).
Your current job and place of work as well as a phone number there.
And you're home address."

Anyway he is now claiming he locked the account because I tried to log in too many times. Lets see if he unlocks it.

I really do understand your concerns for privacy, I just didn't think it would be that big of deal to share the passport/ID since you had done that before.

I'm sure that you and him will be able to work out a level of verification that respects your privacy and allows him to do at least some verification.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 12:36:52 PM

Aren't you supposed to get verified with the GLBSE.  Why not just do it and get it done with.  Honestly this is making you look bad, almost like you are trying to hide something.  Not saying that you are but it could easily be viewed like this.

Seriously, just do it and get it done.  I seem to recall you uploaded a pic of your passport along with a bunch of pictures of the TyGrr rigs as a sort of verification.  Just send the damn pic to Nefario and stop having a hissy fit for no reason.

He wants more than just my passport,

That's not true, he explained in the other thread that these were options and that he would accept passport as a minimum:

Quote from: nefario
The steps to get this resolved are clear and simple:
1) let me finish adding two factor auth
2) goat, provide me with enough proof of identity to verify you are who you say you are, doesn't have to be everything I requested, just enough to prove who you are with the minimum of a pic of your passport.

That's from this post, where nefario also explains why he locked the account: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75047.msg832920#msg832920. I think his actions are reasonable (except not freezing trading) and I hope you will also be reasonable.

EDIT: 2-factor auth is implementend for withdraw/transfer/pw-change, so I guess it's now up to you, goat.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
brendio

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 03, 2012, 12:40:56 PM

Anyway he is now claiming he locked the account because I tried to log in too many times. Lets see if he unlocks it.
No. He locked it because of numerous failed attempted to log into your account. Was it you? Or was someone else trying to hack your account? If the latter, then it was probably a good step for nefario to take to protect (y)our funds.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: