Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:33:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Borin

Activity: 260
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

I understand at staking is very important thing for coin, and I appreciate it.

PS. Look for BTC, this stady grow is nice, also NAV finally looks better. Its good time for update Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:15:14 PM

If you can make 400 NAV a day by staking you have quite a lot.

At current volumes there is no way you could move it all so fast as you say to take advantage of fluctuations. That is something you can do with consistently high volume coins.

You could do just as well keeping 25% in an exchange and the rest in your wallet, generating 300 NAV a day.

Even at 250 a piece, it's 75000 sat per day. Like having 50GH BTC hashing power at the cost of a PC running.

But by all means, do keep it up. We'll take care of those POS block for you, no sweat Smiley

gorian

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

Someone really wants to be in "Club Millionaire" Cheesy

And another question while we're on POS.
I have 9 connections to the network! Someone said that he has ~50 connections to the network.
I have other wallets with 5/20/60 connections! My question is whether the place / internet provider or something else?
It's not important! But I sometimes have "generated not accessible" blocks. Would I have less of these if I have more connections to the network?
/config file is the one from the archive/
paycum

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 05:28:48 PM

its prety hard to see how much you can stake a day as it depends on various factors right?
The more people connected the less stake you earn.

sometimes i start with earning 2 nav every 30 seconds and sometimes 2 nav every 2 minutes and so on... most of the time only an x percentage of my coins is stakable..

i sometimes stake but im a greedy guy and seeing only a few nav each day isnt making me smile hehe, so it isnt really interesting for me, so i only stake when i think about it and when nothing else runs on my computer.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Borin

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:39:50 PM

I dont care about staking. In this situation only what can make me happy, its nav for more than 3k sat. But I still dreaming about 10k.

Someone knows something about octobers updates? We need some action!
bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 06:46:03 PM

its prety hard to see how much you can stake a day as it depends on various factors right?
The more people connected the less stake you earn.

sometimes i start with earning 2 nav every 30 seconds and sometimes 2 nav every 2 minutes and so on... most of the time only an x percentage of my coins is stakable..

i sometimes stake but im a greedy guy and seeing only a few nav each day isnt making me smile hehe, so it isnt really interesting for me, so i only stake when i think about it and when nothing else runs on my computer.

My understanding of staking amounts is as follows:

- the chance of you staking is based on the number of coins and the age of coins. ( coins in your wallet are not all the same age, so stake at different times )
- the amount of  coins you get when stake a POS blocks is determined by their age (ages gets reset when the coins stake).  Meaning your stake will be greater if the same number of coins staked are older.

so the more people on the network would statistically give you a smaller chance of actual staking a block, but would not affect the amount of coins you stake in that block.

Besides assuring a stable network which don't get me wrong is VERY important, keeping your wallet open 24/7 will not earn you many more coins than if per-say you opened your wallet once week to let your coins stake.  However if you only open it once a month or less often, you would start missing a noticeable amount of compoundable interest.

It's like mortgage payments.... you save good chunk of money to pay your mortgage bi-weekly as opposed to monthly, you save a little bit more if you pay weekly as opposed to bi-weekly.   If you were to make mortgage payments daily as opposed to weekly, the savings would be very minimal.

juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:02:13 PM

Hi friends,
Any news on the development of the Mac wallet?
I really need to switch soon since will shoot down my mining rig
Thanks!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:31:09 PM

- the chance of you staking is based on the number of coins and the age of coins. ( coins in your wallet are not all the same age, so stake at different times )
- the amount of  coins you get when stake a POS blocks is determined by their age (ages gets reset when the coins stake).  Meaning your stake will be greater if the same number of coins staked are older.

so the more people on the network would statistically give you a smaller chance of actual staking a block, but would not affect the amount of coins you stake in that block.

Besides assuring a stable network which don't get me wrong is VERY important, keeping your wallet open 24/7 will not earn you many more coins than if per-say you opened your wallet once week to let your coins stake.  However if you only open it once a month or less often, you would start missing a noticeable amount of compoundable interest.

I think maximum coin age is 1 day, so opening only once a week you do lose. Not to mention that if you have many coins, it will take hours for them all to stake as they do so in small chunks. If you have say 100000 coins you can't just open it for 30 mins a week.

I have 200000 on a wallet that is open 16 hours a day, everyday and the flow of stakes is pretty stable, about 3-4 blocks an hour.
If I left it open just 3-4 hours the stakes would be fewer and there is no way they could be large enough to make up for it, because I have never seen anything bigger than around 2.5 NAV stake. If I only opened it once a week even for a full day, earning would be a lot lower and I'm not even talking compounding

More people (coins actually) staking on the network will certainly reduce your average POS earnings. Either that, or the rate of increase of the money supply would not be stable over time (not talking about planned reduction here)

bocyaj

Activity: 1324
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:42:59 PM

I think maximum coin age is 1 day, so opening only once a week you do lose. Not to mention that if you have many coins, it will take hours for them all to stake as they do so in small chunks. If you have say 100000 coins you can't just open it for 30 mins a week.

I have 200000 on a wallet that is open 16 hours a day, everyday and the flow of stakes is pretty stable, about 3-4 blocks an hour.
If I left it open just 3-4 hours the stakes would be fewer and there is no way they could be large enough to make up for it, because I have never seen anything bigger than around 2.5 NAV stake. If I only opened it once a week even for a full day, earning would be a lot lower and I'm not even talking compounding

More people (coins actually) staking on the network will certainly reduce your average POS earnings. Either that, or the rate of increase of the money supply would not be stable over time (not talking about planned reduction here)

true enough, you would have to leave your wallet open for a while each week to let the coins stake.  However, you could also just send all your coins to yourself in one batch which would make them stake all at once ( pertty sure anyways), let it stake once and then close it.  The next time it would be 2 stakes, then 4 and so on.... when it gets too high start all over.

But really, the best option is to leave your wallet open all the time, support the network and support nav.

the min stake age is 4 days and the max is unlimited according to the OP.
bspus
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:46:02 PM

However, you could also just send all your coins to yourself in one batch which would make them stake all at once ( pertty sure anyways), let it stake once and then close it. 

It doesn't. I used to have it all on bittrex. Sent it to wallet in a couple of transactions but they all stake separately in chunks of 1000 to 2000 coins. Payoff seems random too since they all started with practically the same age

I remember other coins that POS the way you describe. ZEIT was like that. Every 20 or so days like clockwork. I knew how many would stake and what the payoff would be so I only opened wallet every 20 days for a few hours and got 100% of the staking that I was entitled to

That was the case before the double spend attack. Actually the double spend was made possible because of it. Some people had accumulated coins with a lot of age and used them in coordination to cheat. I think that was the story anyway. It would have been a lot harder if not impossible with limited maximum age and more people staking.

I'm sure I've seen a post in this thread about maximum age changing to one day but can't be bothered to look for it now

I asked before if the website info is dated but never got an answer

pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 10:52:51 PM

I'm sure I've seen a post in this thread about maximum age changing to one day but can't be bothered to look for it now

I think you're right and the website info is out of date. I'll update the staking specifications on the website once I get the exact details from Soopy.

Thanks for reminding me Smiley

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
icekohl

Activity: 339
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 11:05:30 PM

Someone really wants to be in "Club Millionaire" Cheesy

And another question while we're on POS.
I have 9 connections to the network! Someone said that he has ~50 connections to the network.
I have other wallets with 5/20/60 connections! My question is whether the place / internet provider or something else?
It's not important! But I sometimes have "generated not accessible" blocks. Would I have less of these if I have more connections to the network?
/config file is the one from the archive/

New wallet.
Don't use a config.
Just save Wallet.dat wipe rest of appdata

Currently show 52 connections. 

Generated not accessible I think you are misreading as it should say Generated but not accepted.  I get about 2 a day, usually means someone else on the network found the block within a few seconds before your wallet found the same block or it's just a reject block.

skidog
Legendary

Activity: 1393
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:22:36 AM

true enough, you would have to leave your wallet open for a while each week to let the coins stake.  However, you could also just send all your coins to yourself in one batch which would make them stake all at once ( pertty sure anyways), let it stake once and then close it.  The next time it would be 2 stakes, then 4 and so on.... when it gets too high start all over.

But really, the best option is to leave your wallet open all the time, support the network and support nav.

I believe that op is not correct. It needs up dating.
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 03:15:05 AM

I think you're right and the website info is out of date. I'll update the staking specifications on the website once I get the exact details from Soopy.

Thanks for reminding me Smiley

Good work bro!
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 04:31:16 AM

Its getting harder and harder to buy a decent amount of cheap NAV

Demand is getting stronger

Our  day is coming guys . We are the NavajoCoin Community and we will never give up - Never!
Borin

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:01:08 PM

Its getting harder and harder to buy a decent amount of cheap NAV

Demand is getting stronger

Our  day is coming guys . We are the NavajoCoin Community and we will never give up - Never!

One solid update can change everything, but I hope at it will be before new year.
SUM2dev (OP)

Activity: 356
Merit: 251

Official account of NAV Development Team

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:11:49 PM

Official Announcement - Navajo Coin Richlist & Block Explorer coming on Tuesday (14/10/14)

Dear Navajo Coin Community!

We are pleased to announce that on coming Tuesday (14/10/14) we will release Navajo Coin Richlist and NAV Block Explorer. You will be able to use them on our official website:

navajocoin.org

Have a great weekend Everyone and Stay Tuned!
Cheers! Wink

- Navajo Coin Development Team; soopy452000

Official account of NAV Coin [NAV] Development TeamVisit the Thread!
Borin

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 02:53:38 PM

Great. Finally we see how many NAV millionares we have Smiley
hashmaster1

Activity: 851

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 06:29:25 PM

Yes it will b nice to see the biggest  wallet  and see how many have over 500000  should b interesting.... on Tuesday will see one more feature for the Navajocoin and more to come ...have a good Thanksgiving weekend..

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:05:36 PM

Great to see Transparency return to our great NavajoCoin community. I think will will see many investors return to Navajocoin on Tuesday which is great news for all of us. We should see some big investments coming from alot of groups with this news .

I would also like to see in the future NavajoCoin has an alternative site of the block explorer. This is after Anon when our books are flowing in $$$$ cash and we can add all the extra features.

Also its not to late to become a NavajoCoin Club millionaire . Or try to reach over 500,000 NAV

See your wallet on the rich list and be proud!

Thank you to the Development Team for their continued hard work

We are the NavajoCoin community we will succeed.
We are backed by our strong community we will not fail!.
We are the NavajoCoin look out! We are coming !

NavajoCoin 2 Da Moon!

Pages: « 1 ... 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 [229] 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: