Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:08:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 04:07:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a few days. Since last Friday I've been working 12 - 14 hour days. Both my day job and my main freelance project had deadlines this week and for various reasons I've had to put a lot of overtime into them both.

I've got some time today and all of Sunday free this weekend which I'll spend getting stuck into some of Beta feedback we've collated.

I will report back on Sunday night / Monday morning with my progress.

Hope you're all well and are keeping confident that the dev's are here and doing as much as we can, when we are able, for this coin.

All the best,
Pakage.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:09:19 AM

U dont get it bro. No one is bitching to soopy, or the other devs. People just are frustrated, about the current price, the lack of communication, and people that are cheerleading (with or without a reason)

Dont take it so personal. No one says its easy. but the fact is, before the double spend crap, soopy posted every day. I for myself, enjoyed reading all his messages. Nowadays, he never post a comment anymore, a status update or something, Just a simple hello, to keep in toutch with the people that believes in him, would do good.

IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:17:47 AM

U dont get it bro. No one is bitching to soopy, or the other devs. People just are frustrated, about the current price, the lack of communication, and people that are cheerleading (with or without a reason)

Dont take it so personal. No one says its easy. but the fact is, before the double spend crap, soopy posted every day. I for myself, enjoyed reading all his messages. Nowadays, he never post a comment anymore, a status update or something, Just a simple hello, to keep in toutch with the people that believes in him, would do good.

+1  With the addition of quit with the fricken "well then you guys fix it crap"!  We're not developers and never claimed to be, we did however invest into a developer we believed in and I for one still believe in soopy!  Doesn't mean we can't have frustrations or concerns.

You should leave this be man, your replies and once again oversized text is not helping anything either!
nousernamesleft

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

buy low, sell high

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 05:16:00 AM

I predict we'll have a project roadmap and timeline tomorrow, or we'll have a crashed market.  Mark this post and see if I'm right! Grin
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:27:50 AM

Well I am a Positive person! I try to do positive things. I no I am cheer-leading the right coin. Why?

1 reason only and this is the only reason. I am here and do what I do.

This thread from page 1 to page 206 has endless knockers about the name of the coin , this that and the other BUT

a single person works 3 nights in a row to fix a issue and ends up in hospital and does not give up. Deserves all my respect and attention!

Go Navajocoin we are going to the stars!
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

Activity: 1778

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 11:30:35 AM

The best method to approach this problem is to be friendly, so that the devs can work properly. How would you all feel if you were the dev, being vehemently criticized?

I truly hope you are not suggesting that I am not handling my concerns in a friendly manner!  In fact, I hope you are not saying that about ANY of the recent posts man as that will mean you will take ANYTHING that is said to be negative or of concern to be not "friendly"!!  I see all the recent posts as being respectful voicing of VALID concerns man and if we can't address them here, then we are hiding something!
I do not suggest that, but many complaints coming at once appears scary, especially when the devs are not paid a salary to improve this coin. I am more frustrated than you are.

paycum

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 12:35:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I've been away from the forum for a few days. Since last Friday I've been working 12 - 14 hour days. Both my day job and my main freelance project had deadlines this week and for various reasons I've had to put a lot of overtime into them both.

I've got some time today and all of Sunday free this weekend which I'll spend getting stuck into some of Beta feedback we've collated.

I will report back on Sunday night / Monday morning with my progress.

Hope you're all well and are keeping confident that the dev's are here and doing as much as we can, when we are able, for this coin.

All the best,
Pakage.

thx for the update package, much appreciated!

@remy, any news about the sync fix? are you progressing a bit?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:29:57 PM

Lately the translator tend to invert of the sense of some of what i write in the phrase,
and i must correct it many times, I'm not sure of the final result, so I am a bit reluctant to
give update, because what i write can be misunderstood, and generate hopes prematurely.

In this case I can not refuse to a gentle request, but take my word with all the reserve of the case.

Regarding the fix are been made some good progress, and I'm enough happy of the work done so far.

There are some other steps yet to do, as i write some day ago, so i can't give any date.

Said this, with respect to the operation of the sync fix patch, I am no longer cautiously optimistic,
as I wrote days ago, but now I'm just optimistic.
paycum

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:37:35 PM

Lately the translator tend to invert of the sense of some of what i write in the phrase,
and i must correct it many times, I'm not sure of the final result, so I am a bit reluctant to
give update, because what i write can be misunderstood, and generate hopes prematurely.

In this case I can not refuse to a gentle request, but take my word with all the reserve of the case.

Regarding the fix are been made some good progress, and I'm enough happy of the work done so far.

There are some other steps yet to do, as i write some day ago, so i can't give any date.

Said this, with respect to the operation of the sync fix patch, I am no longer cautiously optimistic,
as I wrote days ago, but now I'm just optimistic.

Wow fast reply, much appreciated!!

And i do understand that you dont want to give false hope. Being optimistic is already good to hear andim glad you are making progress. If you have to make a guess, can you estimate how far you are, so 50% done, 80 done and so on?

I know it might be impossible to say, but asking cant hurt right Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Remy_5

Activity: 1194
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:19:25 PM

I know it might be impossible to say, but asking cant hurt right Smiley

Ask can't hurt, but a malformed reply can do it, in many ways. Smiley

As said, there are many steps involved, many of them are outside of my control,
and some step will be also outside the control even of the DevTeam.

So, sorry, I don't know how to reply, i don't want lie.

What i can say is this, i too have at least to 20% of my Nav, which are sleeping
useless in Poloniex, and I'm waiting to draw it back to my wallet,  just like all any other.

I think is a good motivation, or not ? Smiley

Bye Bye
nousernamesleft

buy low, sell high

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:33:44 PM

This is getting ridiculous.  You guys are happy with any communication, when you should only be happy with progress.

For fucks sake, Beecoin had chat 2 weeks before us.  Was it really that hard to implement a second time?  I think it shows us exactly how much time SoopY is willing to invest in this project.  Even the simplest projects take FOREVER.

Why is there no source code to look at for the chat?  Is it even anonymous?  I'm sure you'd all love for us to trust you....but this is real money we invested & these are basic investment questions (how does it work?).  Seems that if you devs are so short on time, you'd want others to look at the code and make suggestions.  

I told my friend about NAV and he said I was an idiot for investing so much.  After reading the NAV whitepaper... he created a coin, anonymous messaging, and anonymous chat... IN ONE WEEKEND!  Now he is going to release it with his new anonymous music album.  My point?  Anonymous is  gimmick, and these guys aren't even doing it well....or at a reasonable rate.

GreedyJohn you keep saying if you have skills make your own coin.....well my buddy created one for fun, and made all of us look like fools.  Turns out it's not as hard as everyone thinks.....if you have a deep understanding of what you're doing.  

Maybe it's time for us to pay more attention to people's actions and stop living in a dreamland.

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:36:26 PM

I told my friend about NAV and he said I was an idiot for investing so much.  After reading the NAV whitepaper... he created a coin, anonymous messaging, and anonymous chat... IN ONE WEEKEND!  Now he is going to release it with his new anonymous music album.  My point?  Anonymous is  gimmick, and these guys aren't even doing it well....or at a reasonable rate.

Which begs the question. Why don't you just sell all you have and go buy your friends coin when released?
If that's what you plan to do, what do you care what happens to nav? If anonymous is gimmick, it won't save nav anyway right?

Too bad all those hot shots that can work miracles over a weekend are never on the coin we have bought.

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 03:40:00 PM

This is getting ridiculous.  You guys are happy with any communication, when you should only be happy with progress.

For fucks sake, Beecoin had chat 2 weeks before us.  Was it really that hard to implement a second time?  I think it shows us exactly how much time SoopY is willing to invest in this project.  Even the simplest projects take FOREVER.

Why is there no source code to look at for the chat?  Is it even anonymous?  I'm sure you'd all love for us to trust you....but this is real money we invested & these are basic investment questions (how does it work?).  Seems that if you devs are so short on time, you'd want others to look at the code and make suggestions.  

GreedyJohn you keep saying if you have skills make your own coin.....well my buddy created one for fun, and made all of us look like fools.  Turns out it's not as hard as everyone thinks.....if you have a deep understanding of what you're doing.  

Maybe it's time for us to pay more attention to people's actions and stop living in a dreamland.

Why don't you give this coin to your friend, let him sort it out at a handsome profit.

MiningMinion

Activity: 225

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:02:22 PM

Why don't you give this coin to your friend, let him sort it out at a handsome profit.

I gotta agree with John.  If your friend is capable of fixing this coin, maybe he can help out? 

Seems like you've invested in this coin, I'm sure you want to see something good from it.
nousernamesleft

buy low, sell high

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 06:41:53 PM

Which begs the question. Why don't you just sell all you have and go buy your friends coin when released?
If that's what you plan to do, what do you care what happens to nav? If anonymous is gimmick, it won't save nav anyway right?

Too bad all those hot shots that can work miracles over a weekend are never on the coin we have bought.
[/quote]

My friend is giving away coins that are redeemed in order to download a song.  You can only listen to the song once per coin.  As I said, it's a gimmick for his new anonymous album.  There are no coins for me to buy, and there is no profit for me to make.  The point is that my friend looked at the NAV whitepaper I showed him, thought it was an interesting marketing ploy, and used the concept to create a functioning product in a weekend.  I'll post the link when he releases the album.

If you wanna know why I'm so upset, look at the other project I'm involved in.....  https://www.maidsafe.org/  I don't expect devs here to develop at the same pace, or have the same lofty goals. I do believe, however, the devs could learn a lot about integrity & openness by observing them.  Community trust is at an all time high with maidsafe.....even when the project roadmap changes.  This is what transparency brings....

RE: my friend rescuing this coin.....fat chance.  He's a busy guy, and has no interest in doing work so I can finally get out my original investment.  Time is money, and a smart person observes the "law of diminishing returns".

Sorry if I'm bumming you guys out.  I just think it's time someone called it as he sees it.....Emperor SoopY is butt naked (If you don't know the reference check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes)

nousernamesleft

buy low, sell high

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:07:43 PM

And FYI....with maidsafe, the FUD was squashed in May and it never came back.  It proves anything is possible when informed people believe in you.
GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:18:41 PM

And FYI....with maidsafe, the FUD was squashed in May and it never came back.  It proves anything is possible when informed people believe in you.
We simply need to do the same over here - FUD SQUASHED IN SEPTEMBER!

GREEDYJOHN
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:20:53 PM

We have a dedicated team of DEVs, even if the head dev fluctuates a bit. This coin must succeed. I am HOLDING.

nousernamesleft

buy low, sell high

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:28:53 PM

We have a dedicated team of DEVs, even if the head dev fluctuates a bit. This coin must succeed. I am HOLDING.

Fluctuation is fine.  Everything you said about devs is true....they are human.  But that doesn't mean we shouldn't have reasonable expectations of those humans.  Communication is key.  If you think it's gonna take 1 month, you tell everyone 2 months.  Then when the roadmap adjusts quicker than everyone expects....trust is built.  You always deliver.

It's complete nonsense that we haven't had any technical discussion of the chat, and there is no mention at all of anon.....which should have been released months ago.

It's time to stop kissing ass, and get down to business...
paycum

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:30:07 PM

well no need for panic, things actually starting to look good! when fix is finished all problems are over and we can focuss fully on beta.

but communication can be better as said before. thats an easy thing to fix.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 [198] 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: