Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:01:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748500 times)
prix

Activity: 750
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:36:26 AM

hey guys.this is my old address that my coins were in SJhtGsKGgnJGqYbfZMkv8JKL23eqiDQD1C
seems they got in some how and got my wallet dat.not sure how with Norton sercutrity and everything else I have running.its saying coins are still at that address.my address changed in my stealth wallet and is now empty.worst thing was I just got 5000 stealth for stake challenge.lol.all I can say I hope karma gets them.
Looks like the wallet files were lost not stolen.
1. Do you have a backup of your wallet file or private key?
2. Did something changed that could affect the location of the files? Run the search on all computer for "wallet.dat".
3. Is Windows Backup or Restore Points are enabled? You can try to restore previous version of your wallet file (do backup before).
You can find you wallet folder there by default:
Code:
Windows < Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\StealthCoin
Windows >= Vista: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\StealthCoin
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tx42

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:56:48 AM

hey guys.this is my old address that my coins were in SJhtGsKGgnJGqYbfZMkv8JKL23eqiDQD1C
seems they got in some how and got my wallet dat.not sure how with Norton sercutrity and everything else I have running.its saying coins are still at that address.my address changed in my stealth wallet and is now empty.worst thing was I just got 5000 stealth for stake challenge.lol.all I can say I hope karma gets them.

If the coins are still at that address, no one stole them.

If you have a backup wallet you are good.

Making a backup is one of the instructions here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg8046182#msg8046182

In fact, the dev says twice in there to backup your wallet:

"Make a copy of your wallet.dat file and put it somewhere safe."
"When you have synced completely, stop the client, back up your wallet.dat again"

█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
..EARN FREE BREAKOUT COINS SIG CAMPAIGN LIVE !!
█    █     ██    ███     ███    ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ███     ███    ██     █    █
HunterS

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:59:45 AM

Making a backup is one of the instructions here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681725.msg8046182#msg8046182

"When you have synced completely, stop the client, back up your wallet.dat again"

I hope this point isn't lost on other people.

HunterS

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:12:59 AM

ok looks like I found my coins.im not sure what happen but I saw a file called stealthcoin.dat and vootcoin.dat I changed them to wallet.dat and my coins are there.can anyone explain what might of happened

HunterS

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:14:11 AM

ok looks like I found my coins.im not sure what happen but I saw a file called stealthcoin.dat and vootcoin.dat I changed them to wallet.dat and my coins are there.can anyone explain what might of happened
looks like they got my voot but I still go my stealth

StealthDevs (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:27:35 AM

SEND THEM TO ANOTHER ADDRESS THAT YOU CONTROL IMMEDIATELY.

STEALTH | XST | stealth.org
HunterS

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:36:27 AM

SEND THEM TO ANOTHER ADDRESS THAT YOU CONTROL IMMEDIATELY.
ok guys .cheers for all the responses.looks like all they got was my voot.which I can live with.they tried getting bluecoin,stealth,quidcoin.but these were secure seems I didn't secure the voot with encrypted wallet.must of missed that one some how.got everything upto date and protected and just backed everything up again.looks like they were changing my wallet.dat to the name of each coin so they knew what wallet to put it in.i feel a lot better now Grin I also did clean install of windows and formatted all my hard drives

bookworm

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 05:39:41 AM

I am glad you found them. Grin Now you really need to figure out how they got in. Which may be the tougher problem. Good luck!! Let us know when you figure it out so we can all be on the lookout.

FREE 500MB addition to Dropbox account https://db.tt/XWqqB0D1
ARCH AdztGfFa9rJKL7mSSJ7RS8iCUyALRi7Eqk
XST  S6P5mtQG7MuFHuq5w7YPihB6FewvtA6eXi
BTC  1DWvZtqd4iWJbvV65CUBk1uc11vCNRJn
StealthSend

Activity: 85

Because privacy is a basic human right.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 05:54:32 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 06:06:41 AM by StealthSend

Hondo again, using my StealthSend address.

I'm checking in here at bitcointalk tonight.

First of all, sorry about that post with the big red letters directed at HunterS. That was me, but I wanted to get his attention because I don't want to see him lose his XST. I checked out Hunter's address and noticed that he had done a lot of work creating staking transactions. This effort really helps to secure the blockchain and get transactions processed. I live for stable networks and smooth transaction processing, so seeing all that stake really makes me happy.

Second (and related to Hunter's efforts), I calculated the growth of the money supply since StealthCoin went pure PoS. Because so many people keep coins on exchanges or offline, the money supply has been growing at about 4.8% per year since the switch. What follows is the calculation. (1) The money supply at the switch was 20716721.24 XST. (2) The money supply when I made the calculation about an hour ago was 20776246.37 XST. (3) The change in money was 0.287% during that time ([20776246.37 - 20716721.24] / 20716721.24). (4) The number of days since PoS has been about 21.8, or 0.0597 of a year. Therefore, the APR over that time is 0.287% / 0.0597 = 4.8%!

What's that mean to people who are staking continuously? Well, if you stake continuously, you'll earn interest at about 21% (compounded nominal 20%), meaning your money at the end of a year will be 1.21 times what it was at the beginning. However, the money supply will only be 1.048 times what it was at the beginning. That means your actual control of the money supply will grow at 15.46% ([1.21 - 1.048) / 1.048])! In other words, just by continuously staking, you will earn 15.46% of real money supply! That is, you won't just be keeping up with the money supply, you will be getting ahead of it!

Third, I'd like to ask the community what they think about postponing release of the white paper. In it, I discuss how StealthSend works, but I also include some necessary details that may help other teams duplicate our efforts. After much reflection, I feel like it would be better to release the whitepaper maybe 5 days before StealthSend (which is still scheduled for the end of September). What do you guys think?

ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:06:25 AM

First of all, sorry about that post with the big red letters directed at HunterS. That was me, but I wanted to get his attention because I don't want to see him lose his XST. I checked out Hunter's address and noticed that he had done a lot of work creating staking transactions. This effort really helps to secure the blockchain and get transactions processed. I live for stable networks and smooth transaction processing, so seeing all that stake really makes me happy.

Second (and related to Hunter's efforts), I calculated the growth of the money supply since StealthCoin went pure PoS. Because so many people keep coins on exchanges or offline, the money supply has been growing at about 4.8% per year since the switch. What follows is the calculation. (1) The money supply at the switch was 20716721.24 XST. (2) The money supply when I made the calculation about an hour ago was 20776246.37 XST. (3) The change in money was 0.287% during that time ([20776246.37 - 20716721.24] / 20716721.24). (4) The number of days since PoS has been about 21.8, or 0.0597 of a year. Therefore, the APR over that time is 0.287% / 0.0597 = 4.8%!

What's that mean to people who are staking continuously? Well, if you stake continuously, you'll earn interest at about 21% (compounded nominal 20%), meaning your money at the end of a year will be 1.21 times what it was at the beginning. However, the money supply will only be 1.048 times what it was at the beginning. That means your actual control of the money supply will grow at 15.46% ([1.21 - 1.048) / 1.048])! In other words, just by continuously staking, you will earn 15.46% of real money supply! That is, you won't just be keeping up with the money supply, you will be getting ahead of it!

Third, I'd like to ask the community what they think about postponing release of the white paper. In it, I discuss how StealthSend works, but I also include some necessary details that may help other teams clone our efforts. After much reflection, I feel like it would be better to release the whitepaper maybe 5 days before StealthSend (which is still scheduled for the end of September). What do you guys think?

I personally don't have an issue with releasing the white paper so long as Stealthsend is still on time to be released.
I get what your saying regards letting the competition see your plans early and copying.

What if you released a slimmed down version of the paper with key pieces missing for now. ( basically the techy stuff you don't want other teams to see as of yet )?

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

StealthSend

Activity: 85

Because privacy is a basic human right.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 06:21:54 AM

What if you released a slimmed down version of the paper with key pieces missing for now. ( basically the techy stuff you don't want other teams to see as of yet )?

I could do that. Of course the technical part makes it a whitepaper, per se.
objectofawareness

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:22:44 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 06:38:25 AM by objectofawareness

Third, I'd like to ask the community what they think about postponing release of the white paper. In it, I discuss how StealthSend works, but I also include some necessary details that may help other teams duplicate our efforts. After much reflection, I feel like it would be better to release the whitepaper maybe 5 days before StealthSend (which is still scheduled for the end of September). What do you guys think?

I was actually wondering about copycats taking the idea, once the white paper gets released. Since there is such a gap in between the white paper and the actual release of StealthSend, I think it's wise to wait.

Yes, releasing the white paper will get people excited and will probably cause a spike in the value, but nothing will make the coin more valuable than actually being ready to release something of value that no other coin has.

We basically have to trust that there IS such a thing and that you ACTUALLY know what your doing. I'm sure everyone here knows that crypto is a gamble though..so that just goes with the territory. Two months is a long time to wait in cryptoland...I hope you guys will fill the gap with something so the community will keep faith in this project.
ChrisLandin

Activity: 824
Merit: 501

Osmservices keeps being hacked away from me :-( th

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:23:38 AM

I could do that. Of course the technical part makes it a whitepaper, per se.

Haha yea as soon as I pressed post I was like what have I just said lol.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

michael_phelps

Activity: 91

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 06:25:52 AM

I personally don't have an issue with releasing the white paper so long as Stealthsend is still on time to be released.
I get what your saying regards letting the competition see your plans early and copying.

I agree with this 100%.

The white paper is a crucial element, but I see no problems with giving the Dev time to perfect it, so long as StealthSend is not delayed.

Additionally, the aspect of white paper details being viewed by competition is unavoidable -- once the white paper is released, it becomes public to anyone and everyone.

I don't know if a "slimmed down" whitepaper is desirable though, given the fact that the white paper will be written in plain English and will most likely not include bits of code crucial to the technical development of a "clone." Rather, the whitepaper will probably explain the necessary details of StealthSend in a wholesome and understandable way without necessarily revealing anything that could be 'copy/pasted' into a StealthSend clone.

Very excited about the future of this endeavor!  

foxy

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:23:34 AM

unfortunately two months without any real progress can spell death for a coin, especially if volume tapers off. it might be a better idea to lead with smaller, more manageable updates that can be easily implemented over the coming weeks rather than leave everyone waiting on one big reveal at the end of september.

while you may have the best intentions, it's a bad idea to ignore that news and activity goes a long way towards keeping new alts on the PR radar.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:17:29 AM

I don't know what the dev and everyone think but I don't believe in this lost or stealing coins craps. this also happen to other coins not just StealthCoin but I do'n't believe them. Coins is just not easy disappear like anyone think.
degold

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:46:40 AM

I don't know what the dev and everyone think but I don't believe in this lost or stealing coins craps. this also happen to other coins not just StealthCoin but I do'n't believe them. Coins is just not easy disappear like anyone think.

Agree, he lost coin because of his PC was not secure.

■██████ PB Mining  ⌂  0.0016 BTC / GHS ██████■
HunterS

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:54:52 AM

hey guys.i wasn't saying I lost them cause of anything to do with stealth coin.it was my own fault.no one to blame but me.once I done clean install and went back through my backups the only coins I lost were my voot because I didn't encrypt the wallet.all my other wallets were fine cause they were encrypted I must of just missed voot some how.im just glad I still have my stealth and will be holding on these babies Grin

degold

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:57:11 AM

hey guys.i wasn't saying I lost them cause of anything to do with stealth coin.it was my own fault.no one to blame but me.once I done clean install and went back through my backups the only coins I lost were my voot because I didn't encrypt the wallet.all my other wallets were fine cause they were encrypted I must of just missed voot some how.im just glad I still have my stealth and will be holding on these babies Grin

That's good, if you guys have wallet in your pc, you must encrypt and
secure your PC too from keylogger, malware and malicious codes.

■██████ PB Mining  ⌂  0.0016 BTC / GHS ██████■
HunterS

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:07:27 AM

That's good, if you guys have wallet in your pc, you must encrypt and
secure your PC too from keylogger, malware and malicious codes.
had Norton internet sercurity 2014 running so dont know how the got in.just glad it was only one wallet I didn't encrypt

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: