Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:51:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748500 times)
BTCwriter
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:48:19 AM

Can i ask a legitimate question that actually gets addressed without fanboys and bag holders just yelling "to the moon" as a response?

I just see so much talk about how innovated and great the devs are, and i just want to understand, i want to be a fan too, so please help me understand.

According the Road map in the OP, stealth plans to deliver:

9/7/2014 - StealthText, sending coins through SMS - A feature cloakcoin has had for 2 months ( www.cloakpal.com )

11/15/2014 - Stealthsend, sending coins through SMS - A feature Darkcoin(and now plenty of other coins) have had since august ( http://coinbrief.net/how-to-use-darkcoin-wallet-darksend/ )

So this developer is promising to provide technology that is clearly not "innovated" within Months from now and you think it's innovation and great? I get bob is pumping the price like he did with lxc and cloak so you guys are happy about making a few extra bucks. But all bullshit aside, can someone inform me of what i am missing?

AND there was a 1% premine? like wtf am i missing here?

Yes, I want to know if cloakpal is TOR implement? I haven't check it.
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:49:05 AM

Can i ask a legitimate question that actually gets addressed without fanboys and bag holders just yelling "to the moon" as a response?

I just see so much talk about how innovated and great the devs are, and i just want to understand, i want to be a fan too, so please help me understand.

9/7/2014 - StealthText, sending coins through SMS - A feature cloakcoin has had for 2 months ( www.cloakpal.com )

11/15/2014 - Stealthsend, sending coins through SMS - A feature Darkcoin(and now plenty of other coins) have had since august ( http://coinbrief.net/how-to-use-darkcoin-wallet-darksend/ )

So this developer is promising to provide technology that is clearly not "innovated" within Months from now and you think it's innovation and great? I get bob is pumping the price like he did with lxc and cloak so you guys are happy about making a few extra bucks. But all bullshit aside, can someone inform me of what i am missing?

You again fudster?
Look to this again:

Actually the only difference someone pointed out was that XST uses SMS to send coins. But so does cloak. I'm just asking a legitimate question.

cloakcoin do it anonymously?
The coins are hidden inside an encrypted sms text message that in case of interception the only thing that appears is that is sending a encrypted text?
This can be done with a dumbphone with java which can then be thrown in the trash after the payment?
Sorry for my English
Ok, that makes sense, finnaly, thank you someone for an actual constructive answer.

So your whole responce to me is just that steathtext can be used on a dumb phone, when in the demo video, the person is using a android app, all cloakpal needs is SMS, so that's that..

Back to my question.

the premine is being to the development of currency and can be audited here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c3epSe7QskI7q8aX6WQmoyRMhewTMx0nJqnmiVbdGs/edit#gid=0
BTCgraphics

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:53:06 AM

see if you can Squeeze in the word cloakpal a few more times can you ? didn`t quite pick it up
See if you can ignore the wholeeeeeeeee point of my post, stealth offers the "promise" of 2 features that have already been done in the crypto world, and you guys are all excited? I just honestly don't get it, call me a fuddster all you want i'm just trying to understand.

I still hold 10,000 XST, i just want to know if this is all just bagholders trying to hype or if there is something im actually missing?

Does this coin have anything any other coin does not?
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:54:48 AM

see if you can Squeeze in the word cloakpal a few more times can you ? didn`t quite pick it up
See if you can ignore the wholeeeeeeeee point of my post, stealth offers the "promise" of 2 features that have already been done in the crypto world, and you guys are all excited? I just honestly don't get it, call me a fuddster all you want i'm just trying to understand.

I still hold 10,000 XST, i just want to know if this is all just bagholders trying to hype or if there is something im actually missing?

Cloakcoin isnt anon and never will be
Go away fudster. Lost a lot of money with the cloaca?

"cloakcoin do it anonymously?
The coins are hidden inside an encrypted sms text message that in case of interception the only thing that appears is that is sending a encrypted text?
This can be done with a dumbphone with java which can then be thrown in the trash after the payment?
Sorry for my English"
BTCgraphics

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:54:57 AM

You again fudster?
Look to this again:

Actually the only difference someone pointed out was that XST uses SMS to send coins. But so does cloak. I'm just asking a legitimate question.

Sorry for my English
Ok, that makes sense, finnaly, thank you someone for an actual constructive answer.

So your whole responce to me is just that steathtext can be used on a dumb phone, when in the demo video, the person is using a android app, all cloakpal needs is SMS, so that's that..

Back to my question.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12c3epSe7QskI7q8aX6WQmoyRMhewTMx0nJqnmiVbdGs/edit#gid=0

You really just quoted my whollllllllllllllleeee post and responded to one 10th of it saying something stupid like "well the dev pinky promised me he wouldn't dump his premine"

lol i can tell your a bag holder,

I'll repost my question since no one will answer:

Pizpie
Legendary

Activity: 971
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:55:05 AM

You have my attention.

I'm on Twitter: @mBTCPizpie
Forbet

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:56:53 AM

You again fudster?
Look to this again:

Sorry for my English

Back to my question.

Your question is like asking "So let me get this straight, your Fararri has 4 tires just like my 1971 ford pinto has 4 tires? And I'm supposed to be impressed?" The real magic is in the engine. Cloak isn't trustless, check out the audit. Stealthsend also doesn't require masternodes like Darkcoin does.
BTCgraphics

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:00:46 AM

Cloakcoin isnt anon and never will be
Go away fudster. Lost a lot of money with the cloaca?

"cloakcoin do it anonymously?
Sorry for my English"

Yes actually it does, I don't even hold cloak anymore since it failed it's trustless audit. But the fact of the matter remains it was full working annon, just not trustless, so it does everything your stealthtext "plans" to do

.Wooot go XST for real innovation, i mind as well go buy litecoin.

Once bob dumps this coin like he did lxc it will die, everyone was so excited about LXC's first staking android wallet, then bob dumped, now the coins dead, but this situation is nothing like LXC because they actually had an innovation, not just some copy cat promises like this premined coin
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:01:20 AM

Fudster from cloaca, read please:

Thanks for pointing this out to everyone.  Great points!

Stealthtext isn't a encrypted chat.
Stealthtext is a way to send stealthcoins anonymously hidden by a encrypted sms message.
For now only for android but soon if I want to send stealthcoin to other person and all I have is a dumbphone with Java and SMS text messages, I will can send it anonymously! AMAZING!

Stealth Text Details (Whitepaper Rough Draft)

This isn't the final draft of the whitepaper, but I hope it answers some basic questions. Indeed, StealthText is the technology for "anonymous SMS transactions".

The following text explains the illustration below.

Let's imagine Bob wants to send 420 XST to Carol. Bob has set up his own pipeline or is a customer of an online wallet service that has provides a pipeline. Either is possible because anyone can set up his or her own pipeline.

Now, Bob is operating under some constraints today. He has his phone and can SMS, but for whatever reason has no access to his data services. But he needs his transaction to get to Carol securely and privately (anonymously). He can't afford for anyone to tamper with his transaction, like "flipping a bit" to change the amount, nor can he afford for an adversary, such as a competing business, to know the nature of his transaction with Carol.

Bob is in luck today, because he has installed StealthText on his phone. In his settings dialog, he has entered a secret passphrase (that could be a random string of characters), the phone number of his SMS forwarding service (like google voice), and a client ID, that is not essential but can be used for routing (in the screenshots, this is 1zrL2Jk, which is random for the sake of the example).

His wallet (whether on the cloud or in his computer at home) knows this secret passphrase and his PIN , which is the second part of StealthText's two-factor authentication. To make his transaction, he enters Carol's XST address ("SGVQhkwom..", the first S has been cut off in the screenshots) the amount (420 XST) and his PIN, which he shares with no one and has memorized. He then hits "Send" and confirms the transaction. StealthText then sends the anonymous, encrypted transaction through SMS where it enters the pipeline.

The SMS message with the anonymous transaction, is routed to Bob's SMS forwarding service (like google voice) which then turns it into an email that is sent to Bob's email account. If using google voice, this would be a gmail account. The mail is then handled by Bob's mail client (like Thunderbird) enabled with an addon that can send it to his file system, or in cases like OS X mail, send it directly to a simple message processor on his computer that turns it into a wallet command and sends it to his wallet. (We will provide the message processor for Thunderbird as an open source project).

The XST wallet (as of version 1.2.0.1) is enabled to recognize this this command and the anonymous, encrypted transaction. The wallet decrypts the transaction. Because the transaction is encrypted on Bob's phone but never decrypted until it hits his wallet, it remains secure and anonymous until the transaction is created inside the wallet.

As with all transactions, the wallet broadcasts Carlol's 420 XST to the TOR network, which ensures that Carol gets her funds securely and privately.

Note that StealthText has the following attributes:

Anonymous

StealthText is anonymous because no one except for Bob can know the contents of the encrypted transaction while on transit to his wallet. Once there, it remains anonymous because StealthCoin uses the Tor network.

Secure

StealthText uses AES encryption combined with GCM encrypted authentication. This means that a multitude of attacks which try to blindly manipulate the encrypted transaction to change it's value, destination, or otherwise corrupt it, will be detected by the wallet. In fact, the transaction will be rejected by the wallet if just one bit of one byte of the encrypted transaction is modified ("bit flip attack").

Moreover the wallet has safeguards against delayed transactions and "replay attacks". That is, once the wallet broadcasts the transaction, it will not accept the same transaction again. So, if an adversary intercepts the message and sends it numerous times to Bob's wallet, the wallet will not re-send the funds no matter how many replays the adversary attempts.

SMS

StealthText does not rely on Bob's phone having data capabilities. This allows Bob to send funds anonymously and securely from any part of the world where SMS is available, or when his data services experience outage due to adversarial attack or natural causes.

Decentralized

Any person or servcie can establish their own pipeline. They only need the StealthText app and a StealthCoin wallet greater than or equal to version 1.2.0.1. Any SMS forwarding service can send the message to any media of delivery. Email is the most convenient for me, but it could also be http or any other protocol. For the proof-of-concept, I used google voice and gmail. The only glue in the entire chain is a program that can change an email with the message, for example, into a wallet command that looks like this:

Code:
StealthCoind decryptsend '1zrL2Jk,IDlf0wy....'

As mentioned above, we will provide the glue in the form of a message processor for the Thunderbird email client.

I hope this answers questions. I'm also looking forward to writing a more detailed whitepaper and to see it incarnate with the awesome graphics that I'm sure our designer will produce (I'll admit that my graphics are a bit primitive).

We will release the StealthText Android app as soon as we have some testers try it out. Our Android dev is on vacation in the Mediterranean region right now, so hopefully we can get ahold of him to put it up on google play. If not, we will simply release a bundle that can be installed manually fairly easily. In such a case, we'll put it on google play when he returns from vacation. Either way, it will be available to users within a day or so, after beta testing.

Also, we do plan an iOS version for iPhone users and soon after that we will port StealthText to platforms that are not considered "smartphones".

-- Hondo

merk475

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

Wouldn't the definition of bagholding mean that you're holding these coins at a loss?  Not possible currently because it is at an all time high.  
BTCgraphics

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:06:24 AM

Wouldn't the definition of bagholding mean that you're holding these coins at a loss?  Not possible currently because it is at an all time high.  

I will leave this thread now since i think i made my point and anyone with half a brain can see the truth.

But i will be back in exactly one week to quote this post after bob has dumped and people realize it was just a pump and dump, talk to you guys soon.

i called threes too:
Forbet

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:08:01 AM

BTCGraphics knows all about bagholding. Don't you? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg8122624#msg8122624

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=637704.msg8156061#msg8156061

He's a butthurt bagholder who is trying to fud the price down so he can enter. Or fud out of spite, or because he doesn't want a cloak killer. Sorry to say, but cloak is already dead. This isn't a war or competition.
BTCgraphics

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:09:17 AM

You again fudster?
Look to this again:

Sorry for my English

Back to my question.

You really just quoted my whollllllllllllllleeee post and responded to one 10th of it saying something stupid like "well the dev pinky promised me he wouldn't dump his premine"

lol i can tell your a bag holder,

I'll repost my question since no one will answer:

JakeThePanda

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:10:26 AM

I don't even hold cloak anymore since it failed it's trustless audit.

Interesting signature you have though.

CloakDesk.com | Your home for cloakcoin news
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:14:13 AM

and this is just the beginning. Stealthsend Cryptographic Blockchain Obfuscation will be the revolution

racer2012

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:32:37 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 02:51:15 AM by racer2012

Ignore btcgraphics, concentrate on your project dev.
Take XST to where it belongs 2nd place or 1st with BTC
And they all will cry  Cheesy Grin
Xst to the universe
infazan

Activity: 538
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:59:37 AM

You're right. so. This coin is in the hands of a whale and it will drop in price after the pump the same way as dark and cloac. After the pump is always a dump
Forbet

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:05:39 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 11:16:44 AM by Forbet

You're right. so. This coin is in the hands of a whale and it will drop in price after the pump the same way as dark and cloac. After the pump is always a dump

How old are you children? Cloak was in the hands of whales at 15-30k and they made their exit. Cloak isn't dead just because some whales entered and exited. Its dead because cloak was vaporware. I never see any of you put any blame or responsibility on the DEVs or community of that coin. That being said this is a thread for Stealthcoin. Not a place to come and mourn your precious bags of Cloak. Any whale worth his weight in salt exits slowly. Its the community that panics and kills the price once the whales are gone.

Stealthcoin is different because there is actually ground breaking substance here. And the community is about as solid as you can get. Granted we're still small for now.
Solidchance

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:10:21 AM

How old are you children? Cloak was in the hands of whales at 15-30k and they made their exit. Cloak isn't dead just because some whales entered and exited. Its dead because cloak was vaporware. I never see any of you put any blame or responsibility on the DEVs or community of that coin. That being said this is a thread for Stealthcoin. Not a place to come and morn your precious bags of Cloak.

Couldn't have said it better myself
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 03:13:27 AM

How old are you children? Cloak was in the hands of whales at 15-30k and they made their exit. Cloak isn't dead just because some whales entered and exited. Its dead because cloak was vaporware. I never see any of you put any blame or responsibility on the DEVs or community of that coin. That being said this is a thread for Stealthcoin. Not a place to come and morn your precious bags of Cloak.

Couldn't have said it better myself

Same here...that was spot on

Pages: « 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 [197] 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 ... 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: