Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:30:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XST] Stealth-Coin.com | Tor | StealthText, World's first anonymous SMS Tx!  (Read 748500 times)
moonchaser

Activity: 442
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 04:55:48 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 05:12:09 PM by moonchaser

If there anybody should attack something, then they should attack dev's finite product and the dev himself not the community.
The attacks were against a plan to develop something and against a totally non tech community.
So the chandran signatures opened the way for others to attack the community.
Anyone who had something to talk about chandran signatures could have PM the dev and discuss.
Also without consulting the dev, that guy went to Andytoshi who had no idea for what he's answers are going to be used, and after he got what he wanted he came back to our community and spammed the forum for few days with the screenshot of the conversation, until most dumped their investment.
So this is what actually erok said.

So you tell me. How on the earth could and can the community of Stealth answer questions about tech things like chandran signatures, or anything else like it? And why anyone should come and ask us or debate with us the in-depth technology of the coin, when only the dev can answer that ?

Perhaps it was because the community here was constantly chanting Chandran Signatures at every turn. One would think that if a community member was promoting these chandran signatures, they would at least have a fundamental understanding of them. The failure here is not the FUD, nor the pump and dumps, but of a community who accepted whatever a dev told them and shouted down anyone who questioned otherwise. If you are going to invest money in something, it would be wise to do your due diligence and ask the hard questions so that you understand exactly what you are investing in.

It is unfortunate it took the past week's ugliness to bring us to this point, but this community has not created a conducive environment for rational, technical discussions. Hondo has posted a rather humble and much needed 'state of affairs' update, he should be commended for his frankness, even it was late to need. Hopefully he can get the necessary guidance and support to help fulfill his goals.
Still ...is not excuse for posting on somebody else thread few hundred times your opinion about the technology of a coin. You are missing the point...big time.
I bet you wouldn't do that. Still you are somehow defending them and motivate their action penalizing our enthusiasm.
It is like any time your dev is announcing a new feature, I should come on to your community and write few hundred posts telling you that you are wrong to believe your dev, and blame you for not being a tech person and not understanding fundamental rules.
C'mon! I can see that you are a decent person. Think again.  
If I truly believe  that something might be wrong with your coin, I'll take that with your dev. I will not shatter your hopes and believes and cause your price to drop, for the simple fact that I have empathy and I'm in the same boat with you, and moreover because I'm not certain that what I believe is true, and is wrong to dump it on the community.

MinePi Mobile Mining Invitation Code               Publish0x               SteemIt               Youtube

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
RadDragon

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

Sound science

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:00:02 PM

If there anybody should attack something, then they should attack dev's finite product and the dev himself not the community.
The attacks were against a plan to develop something and against a totally non tech community.
So the chandran signatures opened the way for others to attack the community.
Anyone who had something to talk about chandran signatures could have PM the dev and discuss.
Also without consulting the dev, that guy went to Andytoshi who had no idea for what he's answers are going to be used, and after he got what he wanted he came back to our community and spammed the forum for few days with the screenshot of the conversation, until most dumped their investment.
So this is what actually erok said.

So you tell me. How on the earth could and can the community of Stealth answer questions about tech things like chandran signatures, or anything else like it? And why anyone should come and ask us or debate with us the in-depth technology of the coin, when only the dev can answer that ?

Perhaps it was because the community here was constantly chanting Chandran Signatures at every turn. One would think that if a community member was promoting these chandran signatures, they would at least have a fundamental understanding of them. The failure here is not the FUD, nor the pump and dumps, but of a community who accepted whatever a dev told them and shouted down anyone who questioned otherwise. If you are going to invest money in something, it would be wise to do your due diligence and ask the hard questions so that you understand exactly what you are investing in.

It is unfortunate it took the past week's ugliness to bring us to this point, but this community has not created a conducive environment for rational, technical discussions. Hondo has posted a rather humble and much needed 'state of affairs' update, he should be commended for his frankness, even it was late to need. Hopefully he can get the necessary guidance and support to help fulfill his goals.

The Chandran signature issue is something that could have affected any community attempting innovation -- that's how research goes.  Imagine how cancer researchers feel when they try and try again but things just don't work out how it's planned.

Now, Hondo is fantastic.  It is evident that his character promotes a high level of transparency.  Shit happens when you're in research and he will recover well from it.

Most importantly, though, is that he has demonstrated he can learn.  Profession wise he was a scientist, and has formal training working with integrating complex information and studying technical literature.  Xst is likely to see numerous innovations - even unplanned ones - as time goes on and he has time to study and work more.

Yes, there are lessons to learn about finesse here but the ball was not dropped.  Retrace and aim again.

BTC donations: 13aybLjCevCow87LaQQ3CtsFLMgBFchs3Y
MrLuddite_

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:12:39 PM

Still ...is not excuse for posting on somebody else thread few hundred times your opinion about the technology of a coin. You are missing the point...big time.
I bet you wouldn't do that. Still you are somehow defending them and motivate their action penalizing our enthusiasm.
It is like any time your dev is announcing a new feature, I should come on to your community and write few hundred posts telling you that you are wrong to believe your dev, and blame you for not being a tech person and not understanding fundamental rules.
If I know that something is wrong with your coin, I'll take that with your dev. I will not shatter your hopes and believes and cause your price to drop, for the simple fact that I have empathy and I'm in the same boat with you, and moreover because I'm not certain that what I believe is true, and is wrong to dump it on the community.

Couldn't agree with you more. The actions and manners in which last week transpired is completely inexcusable, and please, let's be clear, I am not making excuses for anyone's actions. There is plenty to fault. Going forward I hope this thread creates an environment that welcomes critical questioning about the technical details of this coin.
racer2012

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:23:18 PM

Glad we are back
Trading at 5k now
still holding my xst. ..
Hope it stays there and rise
moonchaser

Activity: 442

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:24:12 PM

If I know that something is wrong with your coin, I'll take that with your dev. I will not shatter your hopes and believes and cause your price to drop, for the simple fact that I have empathy and I'm in the same boat with you, and moreover because I'm not certain that what I believe is true, and is wrong to dump it on the community.

Couldn't agree with you more. The actions and manners in which last week transpired is completely inexcusable, and please, let's be clear, I am not making excuses for anyone's actions. There is plenty to fault. Going forward I hope this thread creates an environment that welcomes critical questioning about the technical details of this coin.
Agreed! But as long as ALL or almost all the members of the community are able to answer them!  Because, you know ? Most of us are here for the investment and have very little knowledge of the in-depth cryptography if at all!
You can go to any coin community and tell them some mambo jambo scientific details and shout at them that they are animals and they don't understand and they gonna lose all.
You think the panic sellers go first to the library and order a book about Chandran ?  Grin Grin Grin
But I tell you what. At the end of the day, and I'm not lying, the bright side of this is that I realized the honesty of our dev, and that combined
with the fact that he is a real scientist it makes him a rare jewel among the trash that is in the cryptoworld.
Oh! And I get the chance to buy and buy again cheap XST  Grin  

MinePi Mobile Mining Invitation Code               Publish0x               SteemIt               Youtube
GStealthCoin

Activity: 213

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:30:39 PM

Glad we are back
Trading at 5k now
still holding my xst. ..

5K is very cheap for a working anon coin (both network and blockchain anonymity) plus the benefit of the worlds first encrypted/anonymous SMS transactions. Patience is key here.

# I am not part of the official StealthCoin Team. Just a community member.
MR1
Legendary

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:38:03 PM

Glad we are back
Trading at 5k now
still holding my xst. ..

Don`t be afraid, XST still have some great features and its developer still works on it. The price will rise steadily after some time.
deadliftbrah

Activity: 272

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 05:38:20 PM

XST is a great opportunity right now with recent events huge improvements are coming in the roadmap - 5k is seriously cheap for what is set to be the #1 anoncoin.
GStealthCoin

Activity: 213

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 06:00:16 PM

# I am not part of the official StealthCoin Team. Just a community member.
FollowMe

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:01:56 PM

Acumulation phase in da hood  Cool
zeerobje

Activity: 326

SHPING Presale:22-31 JAN / Crowdsale:22 FEB-23 MAR

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:14:32 PM

It will come back XST why because of Hondo....
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 07:27:06 PM

This coin focuses its crosshair on anonymity and I believe Hondo can get us there.

anujjain

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:03:15 PM

This coin focuses its crosshair on anonymity and I believe Hondo can get us there.

Hondo is really intelligent developer but problem with pumping group.
I knew when they will start move their coin price will drop drastically.
taoslap

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:49:09 PM

Thank you for you XST:) just bought some xD

Nice
My available btc are arrested by mintpal.
I can't put buy order in mintbug and then i did a transfer to bittrex yesterday and so far they have not appeared

Told you new mintpal is pure fail.  Undecided

Mintpal is unsafe to have your funds on Embarrassed Moolah really did a number on that exchange

Been trying to get my BTC from MintGox for 8 days!!!
erok

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:51:17 PM

Thank you for you XST:) just bought some xD

Nice
My available btc are arrested by mintpal.
I can't put buy order in mintbug and then i did a transfer to bittrex yesterday and so far they have not appeared

Told you new mintpal is pure fail.  Undecided

Mintpal is unsafe to have your funds on Embarrassed Moolah really did a number on that exchange

Been trying to get my BTC from MintGox for 8 days!!!

I think I posted this in the mintpal who lost their money thread... If you convert to PND you should be able to transfer that out. I got 20mil PND out successfully. But my BTC is still stuck on pending.

"the destruction of privacy widens the existing power imbalance between the ruling factions and everyone else" -- Julian Assange
child_harold

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 08:56:15 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2014, 09:07:54 PM by child_harold

All the pumping/dumping + fudding can/could be interpreted positively.
At the end of the day it's about the tech and I believe Hondo will provide.

What first grabbed my attention about XST was the focus on anon and the anon sms solution. I thought of a better version of Kenya's official M-Pesa sms currency which is being used every day by millions of Kenya's citizens.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-Pesa

RealSteel

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:27:30 PM

What first grabbed my attention about XST was the focus on anon and the anon sms solution. I thought of a better version of Kenya's official M-Pesa sms currency which is being used every day by millions of Kenya's citizens.

I agree but I saw so many good coins with technology they were ruin by pumping and dumping group.
child_harold

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 09:37:08 PM

I agree but I saw so many good coins with technology they were ruin by pumping and dumping group.

This coin is under active development with a great community. I am sorry for those who may have lost money by panic selling but this coin is alive and well imo.

coinvvolf

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 13, 2014, 10:32:41 PM

I'm excited for the future of stealthcoin. As Andreas Antonopoulos said it's about the technology development behind the coin not the current price. 
Once openbazaar starts up and this community grows , more people start using it then fudsters will be a thing of the past. People don't realise how new this coin is and 
how much potential it has in the long run. There is a reason afterall why this coin is getting so much attention in this thread even if some of it is negative trolling.
Eastbay

Activity: 176

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 03:07:53 AM

uhhh is anyone else having trouble with the blockchain?

the block explorer has been down for 2 days and the transactions i sent to Polo havent arrived yet and all my other coins have (alts and btc)
Pages: « 1 ... 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 [469] 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 »
  Print  

Jump to: