Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:42:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][AID] AidBit | Digital-currency redefined | POW/POS | Groestl | Charity  (Read 101082 times)
coke15

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 06:24:49 PM

Anyway, that's all fine and dandy, but let's not let this little issue of mine cloud the major success that this coin has already become.

• The best POW/PoS coin in existence (using the best, most energy efficient algo in existence)
  • A truly state-of-the-art, one click mining wallet!
  • What's looking to be a network that's just as superlative as the coin and the wallet.
  • One of the best block explorers I've seen.
  • The most professional and engaged developers I have ever seen (and by your location, I think I might have an idea about where that comes from  Wink ).

I think I can smell something very big brewing here. VERY BIG.

hi

agree with you

thanks vger Smiley
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 08:21:55 PM

i haven't mine at p2p pool  , if i need to open my wallet all day?

or only let my wallet address in pool

dstorm

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 09:34:25 PM

i haven't mine at p2p pool  , if i need to open my wallet all day?

or only let my wallet address in pool

You don't need to have the wallet open.

altmine.net p2pools - Follow me on Twitter for latest updates @altminenet
virgojeep

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 02:34:15 AM

So I was in the shower and came up with an idea that could help both the wallet woes and give the devs time to rethink the POS issues. Its kinda funny how running water can have such heavy influences on our awareness. I was think instead of implimenting POS into the current payouts we could instead make the POS for early adopters more like a certificate of deposit(CD). In other words allow users to choose how much they want to put into a savings account in the wallet that is not spendable unitl it has matured to a specific date. Allow users to specify between different amounts of time like 2yr 3 yr and 4yr. This way the devs could have time to figure out how to payout the 20% interest on these accounts over tim for at least 2 years, The users get to keep mining groestl pow and making aidbit..and the best point of all...This would be even more assurance that those with CDs would hold aidbit and not dump it for at least 2 yrs. IMO this would be highly lucrative for early adopters and also an added bonus for late adopters to keep adoption going. It would also encourage more buy orders than sell orders increasing aidbits liquidity.

I really like this idea too. Very interesting. I'm not sure how it would be implemented (but, hey, that's not my job Wink ) but I'm sure it can be done in some shape or form. Maybe not exactly as you have conceived it, but perhaps something similar. Great idea for motivating people to think long[er] term!

I also had a 'bright' idea (but I don't remember if I was in the shower or not Wink ), and mine was about the charity side of things. The phrase "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" came to mind, and I thought, hey, if we could link AidBit charity to information technology, wouldn't that be great? Supporting community centers in underdeveloped areas (1st world, 2nd world, 3rd world, whatever and wherever) with IT infrastructure (computers?) and internet connectivity (and of course, AidBit wallet installs) would be an example that would be incredibly charitable and symbiotic at the same time. It would sure beat giving away paper wallets anyway!

That would make for a truly organic grass roots movement. Actually both our ideas combined would anchor aidbit in both the third world and first world sector. Right now most alt coins get pumped and dumped and the developers never get to see their coin make a difference in the world. It would be a hell of a lot harder to cause a dump in AidBit when people buy and then move all their money into their wallet to get the long term interest on it. The more people save the stronger AidBits value the more charitable we can be..the more third world nations we can bring into the digital currency age.
virgojeep

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 03:03:58 AM

I think we should have a copy and paste statement for the Cryptsy add request so that its easier to submit requests. I think it should be short and to the point so they don't have to read much to get the point. I copy and pasted this from a previous post (with a few additions) and sent it cause I thought it embodied a lot of the excitement around the coin. It could be reworded a bit to make it sound more sensational. Any writers in here?

The best POW/POS coin in existence (using the best, most energy efficient algo in existence)
A truly state-of-the-art, one click mining wallet!
What's looking to be a network that's just as superlative as the coin and the wallet.
One of the best block explorers I've seen.
The most professional and engaged developers I have ever seen

Keep your AidBits for 1 week and start earning interest
10% of every block reward goes to a special charity account.
1 minute block time
Dynamic block reward

jepistons

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:41:26 AM

question with the one click mining option how come only  one of my cards are working? 
AidBit (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 05:58:03 AM

now that the network is stable, what's next for aidbit?

Right now we're working on most problematic issues, like modifying the installer not to include the mining tools but download them during the install and acquiring code signing certificate, to prevent Browsers from detecting the AidBit installer as malware. We're also in the process of Windows build environment optimization to make the Windows client as stable as possible.

In the mean time we started increasing our marketing operations and preparing media information. The first priority for AidBit right now is to get accepted on reliable and safe trading platform, preferably one which offers direct exchange to fiat.

Thank you for your question,

AidBit
AidBit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:03:16 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 06:58:52 AM by AidBit

question with the one click mining option how come only  one of my cards are working?  

Built-in SGMiner works just fine on our mining rigs. Use the debug option to get more information.
tacee

Activity: 386

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:25:01 AM

@Dev
I think now it is the time to consider to push AID onto different exchanges,including cryspty though it is alway no easy thing.
The fork and pos issues are addressed and stable now.
How about sending request to Mintpal,Bittrex ,Poloniex,C-cex?
After all,more exchanges do not hurt.
What do you think,Dev?
AidBit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 06:55:28 AM

So I was in the shower and came up with an idea that could help both the wallet woes and give the devs time to rethink the POS issues. Its kinda funny how running water can have such heavy influences on our awareness. I was think instead of implimenting POS into the current payouts we could instead make the POS for early adopters more like a certificate of deposit(CD). In other words allow users to choose how much they want to put into a savings account in the wallet that is not spendable unitl it has matured to a specific date. Allow users to specify between different amounts of time like 2yr 3 yr and 4yr. This way the devs could have time to figure out how to payout the 20% interest on these accounts over tim for at least 2 years, The users get to keep mining groestl pow and making aidbit..and the best point of all...This would be even more assurance that those with CDs would hold aidbit and not dump it for at least 2 yrs. IMO this would be highly lucrative for early adopters and also an added bonus for late adopters to keep adoption going. It would also encourage more buy orders than sell orders increasing aidbits liquidity.

I really like this idea too. Very interesting. I'm not sure how it would be implemented (but, hey, that's not my job Wink ) but I'm sure it can be done in some shape or form. Maybe not exactly as you have conceived it, but perhaps something similar. Great idea for motivating people to think long[er] term!

I also had a 'bright' idea (but I don't remember if I was in the shower or not Wink ), and mine was about the charity side of things. The phrase "give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime" came to mind, and I thought, hey, if we could link AidBit charity to information technology, wouldn't that be great? Supporting community centers in underdeveloped areas (1st world, 2nd world, 3rd world, whatever and wherever) with IT infrastructure (computers?) and internet connectivity (and of course, AidBit wallet installs) would be an example that would be incredibly charitable and symbiotic at the same time. It would sure beat giving away paper wallets anyway!

That would make for a truly organic grass roots movement. Actually both our ideas combined would anchor aidbit in both the third world and first world sector. Right now most alt coins get pumped and dumped and the developers never get to see their coin make a difference in the world. It would be a hell of a lot harder to cause a dump in AidBit when people buy and then move all their money into their wallet to get the long term interest on it. The more people save the stronger AidBits value the more charitable we can be..the more third world nations we can bring into the digital currency age.

Thank you guys for your great ideas. The first idea is of course economically sound but somehow we think that there are other options for creating scarcity and keeping the people from selling cheep. One of AidBits main ideas is also freedom - freedom to do whatever you want with your money. Wouldn't be better to win people over with our vision and passion and not by a binding contract. It just reminds us too much of rigid banking systems. At this point we'd like to direct our energy into spreading the AidBit over as wide audience as possible.This should have a same effect, if not better.

HR, your humanitarian idea is great and very close to something we have in mind.  But first things first. Smiley 

AidBit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 07:02:43 AM

@Dev
I think now it is the time to consider to push AID onto different exchanges,including cryspty though it is alway no easy thing.
What do you think,Dev?

We already contacted Moolah/Mintpal, since they also offer direct exchange to Fiat. Actually, community has to start pushing Cryptsy to accept us. Basically, if we want the best, we have to go for the best. Smiley

Please submit your requests/support tickets here:

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Thank you,

AidBit
vger888

Activity: 129

AidBit - Technical Support

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:20:22 AM

Windows Installer has just been updated. It should fix most browser blocking issues.
Code signing certificate is also of its way to make things even better.

www.aidbit.net/download

Cheers,

V.
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:09:23 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 11:14:41 AM by HR

I think we should have a copy and paste statement for the Cryptsy add request so that its easier to submit requests. I think it should be short and to the point so they don't have to read much to get the point. I copy and pasted this from a previous post (with a few additions) and sent it cause I thought it embodied a lot of the excitement around the coin. It could be reworded a bit to make it sound more sensational. Any writers in here?

The best POW/POS coin in existence (using the best, most energy efficient algo in existence)
What's looking to be a network that's just as superlative as the coin and the wallet.

1 minute block time
Dynamic block reward

Gee, that looks really good.  Cheesy

I would rewrite the 3rd line so that it reads: A network that's looking to be just as superlative as the coin and the wallet.

I also forgot to mention the website. It's certainly one of the best as well. Well designed, pleasing to the eye, and to the point, highlighting all the key aspects without excess verbiage. A first class website that's good looking, intuitive, and succinctly informative!

As far as Cryptsy ticket submissions, personally, I've already done that and I'm wondering about the efficacy of the same person doing the same thing multiple times (which is very different from multiple submissions from different people, which I support), which might end up being counterproductive. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683317.msg8047745#msg8047745

I have another idea to present as a possibility. How about sending PM's to the following BitCoinTalk members?
bigvern  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=93918
BitJohn  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110699
They're both active (and I'm sure they're well aware of what's happening here). What do you think? Devs, your opinions?

BTW,

last 24 hour growth in total money supply = 268466
last 24 hour approximate network hashrate (extrapolation based on actual mining payouts) = 2.28 GH/s
last 24 hour average difficulty (sgminer) = 25.18

idad01

Activity: 148

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:31:08 AM

@Dev
What do you think,Dev?

We already contacted Moolah/Mintpal, since they also offer direct exchange to Fiat. Actually, community has to start pushing Cryptsy to accept us. Basically, if we want the best, we have to go for the best. Smiley

Please submit your requests/support tickets here:

https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Thank you,

AidBit

Stand by
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:43:22 AM

Windows Installer has just been updated. It should fix most browser blocking issues.

www.aidbit.net/download

Cheers,

V.

Downloads great. Not a single issue.

Norton still flags the installer on launch, but only with a warning, and with the option to continue with the install.
http://us.norton.com/products/tutorials/tutorials.jsp?pvid=nis2011&tutid=download_insight

On the other hand, the attached sgminer is still flagged as Trojan.ADH.2 and automatically eliminated.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2011-030906-0727-99&vid=42292

AidBit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:29:06 PM

1 minute block time
Dynamic block reward

Gee, that looks really good.  Cheesy

I would rewrite the 3rd line so that it reads: A network that's looking to be just as superlative as the coin and the wallet.

I also forgot to mention the website. It's certainly one of the best as well. Well designed, pleasing to the eye, and to the point, highlighting all the key aspects without excess verbiage. A first class website that's good looking, intuitive, and succinctly informative!

As far as Cryptsy ticket submissions, personally, I've already done that and I'm wondering about the efficacy of the same person doing the same thing multiple times (which is very different from multiple submissions from different people, which I support), which might end up being counterproductive. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=683317.msg8047745#msg8047745

I have another idea to present as a possibility. How about sending PM's to the following BitCoinTalk members?
bigvern  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=93918
BitJohn  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=110699
They're both active (and I'm sure they're well aware of what's happening here). What do you think? Devs, your opinions?

BTW,

last 24 hour growth in total money supply = 268466
last 24 hour approximate network hashrate (extrapolation based on actual mining payouts) = 2.28 GH/s
last 24 hour average difficulty (sgminer) = 25.18

We love the Web site as well. It really did turn out great. Also, thank you for contacts. The plan was to polish everything first, then switch into 2nd gear and contact them personally. Until then we' d like to ask the community to help us get noticed.

Thank you,

AidBit
AidBit (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 12:35:14 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 12:48:33 PM by AidBit

www.aidbit.net/download

Cheers,

V.

Downloads great. Not a single issue.

Norton still flags the installer on launch, but only with a warning, and with the option to continue with the install.
http://us.norton.com/products/tutorials/tutorials.jsp?pvid=nis2011&tutid=download_insight

On the other hand, the attached sgminer is still flagged as Trojan.ADH.2 and automatically eliminated.
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2011-030906-0727-99&vid=42292

The installer will get some more modifications soon, like on demand download of blockchain and different options for fixing the sync problem and preloading the blockchain. Regarding the mining tools detected as malware, there's not really much we can do but try to contact the AV companies and submit false positives.
virgojeep

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:31:31 PM

Thank you guys for your great ideas. The first idea is of course economically sound but somehow we think that there are other options for creating scarcity and keeping the people from selling cheep. One of AidBits main ideas is also freedom - freedom to do whatever you want with your money. Wouldn't be better to win people over with our vision and passion and not by a binding contract. It just reminds us too much of rigid banking systems. At this point we'd like to direct our energy into spreading the AidBit over as wide audience as possible.This should have a same effect, if not better.

HR, your humanitarian idea is great and very close to something we have in mind.  But first things first. Smiley 

I saw that other altcoins are being created with the same ideas. We have competition...hardcore competition. This one called hyperstake  pays 750% interest on all saved coins. Its experimental and only x11 so not as efficient as groestl but the idea of encouraging saving is becoming more prevalent. I understand what your saying about having the freedom to do what ever you want with your money. What I'm saying is that some people actually want to make more interest on their money by putting it into those types of unspendable long term accounts. In other words I like the freedom to choose from different savings options. It adds diversity to the types of users you would attract. So right now the base POS system begins to mature after 7 days for up to 2 years at 20% interest and can be sold at any time during the maturation process. What I'm proposing is not to change what you already have but to add the option to make the account unspendable for the same amount of time with say 60% interest? and possibly in the future 4 years and 8 years options. I understand from a dev point of view this just sounds like more work but from a consumer point of view its exciting.
HR
Legendary

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:40:55 PM

Humanitarian aid                 Funds raised:

Just hit 500,000 AID!

http://www.aidbit.net/humanitarian-aid/

Okay, you can accuse me of cheerleading.  Tongue

satirico

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 04:17:08 PM

Portuguese translation Bitcointalk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=721728.new#new

Independent Portuguese Group on Facebook (Portuguese or not you all welcome):

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1472438226347709/

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »
  Print  

Jump to: