Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 07:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 03:31:44 PM

Ok guys, having this issue... I'm running 0.39.0-rc2 and once the blockchain syncs it stays exactly as the screenshot below not showing my balance or address... any idea what's up or what I'm doing wrong?

Yeah, I have the same problem, with 0.38.2, even. It does that where it remains stuck at initializing, and never prompts for the password. To work around it, I have to delete the Jojatekok folder every so often that is stored under C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Local\ before opening up the GUI, then it will prompt for the password and load the wallet. Just deleting the config file doesn't always work for me, but deleting the entire folder does, for whatever reason.

Can confirm, deleting the folder from AppData fixes the issue. Strange that it happens. Any chance of an update soon?

I'm not in communication with Jojatekok or anything, but it seems as if for at least the past three weeks he's been working on something new, a Poloniex API in .NET: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=799579.0

I may actually begin looking at the code for the GUI myself to see if I can find the issue. It's open source, so any of us are free to contribute fixes to the code if he has other priorities: https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client-net

Is this wallet works with other cryptonight coins?

Nope.

Is there any gui wallet for other coins(dashcoin,moneta verde ,etc)?

Not sure.

I'm sorry, but I just got extremely busy with school and real life things. Also, I tried it several times, but my implementation seems to work. The bug is probably caused by the newly-released Monero daemon binaries whose changes are not yet available on the official dev branch. Once everything gets merged, Monero Client .NET will probably work fine again.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 04:09:24 PM

I'm sorry, but I just got extremely busy with school and real life things. Also, I tried it several times, but my implementation seems to work. The bug is probably caused by the newly-released Monero daemon binaries whose changes are not yet available on the official dev branch. Once everything gets merged, Monero Client .NET will probably work fine again.

Like I said, I have the problem even with 0.38.2. I think it has been having this problem since the beginning. I'd look at the code myself, but I've got to focus on other things this week. I'll have to try to compile it myself and debug it on my system when I get the chance.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 09:36:21 AM

Thanks for everyone participating in this.
It seems that most people need a GUI wallet more than anything.
grouper fish

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:26:58 AM

well I for one could really use a GUI wallet.  Roll Eyes

Is this ready for use in it's current version or is it still under development?

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 10:53:51 AM

well I for one could really use a GUI wallet.  Roll Eyes

Is this ready for use in it's current version or is it still under development?

It has some quirks (see past few pages of posts) but many people have reported it to be usable.

paulsonnumismatics

Activity: 265

Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 08:51:01 PM

Thanks for everyone participating in this.
It seems that most people need a GUI wallet more than anything.

Absolutely true. The biggest drag for me to approaching XMR is the lack of a wallet à là NXT or similar. I mean, i understand that here everyone and their mother are proficient on C and python and rutinely use words as "repository" "compile" and "debug", but there are some of us of a certain age that our biggest achievement is to be able to assemble a PC without help, overclock a graphic card with the Radeon program and, after much help and tutorials, set up properly a GUIMiner.

Please, think on us poor Windows mindless "Where is the .EXE file" users! We also want to use XMR!  Wink

This space is for lease, apparently.
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 01:59:29 AM

hi all, I have downloaded and run the Monero Client.Net wallet.  It's all synced up but I don't know how to generate an address to receive XMR.

If I go to Address Book, I can click New but it asks me for the label as well as the address.  Shouldn't it auto generate a long address like the other wallets/cryptos?

Thanks

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 02:05:07 AM

hi all, I have downloaded and run the Monero Client.Net wallet.  It's all synced up but I don't know how to generate an address to receive XMR.

If I go to Address Book, I can click New but it asks me for the label as well as the address.  Shouldn't it auto generate a long address like the other wallets/cryptos?

Thanks

I don't use Windows so I can't try it directly, but according to this guide (page 2) your address is shown on the Overview tab. Is that working for you?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 07:20:59 AM

Can someone give me a step by step, ELI5 of how I can download this program and use the pneumatic seed with it? As far as I can tell, the latest "full release" doesn't have the pneumatic seed option. Am I supposed to download one of the pre-releases along with the full release? Or just download the latest pre-release by itself? Sorry if the questions are redundant, but I'm one of those people who love what Monero stands for, but desperately need an easy to use GUI. Thanks.

https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client-net/issues/14

You should use the latest pre-release version (v0.39+) with the latest 'bitmonerod.exe' file, which can be found in the ANN topic of XMR.

Although application shutdown will not be functioning well by using "non-daemonized" daemon builds, you should have a stable client experience with this method. I'm waiting for the core developers to issue a new release of the daemon in order to fix the shutdown issue and improve stability.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 01:09:14 PM

Can someone give me a step by step, ELI5 of how I can download this program and use the pneumatic seed with it? As far as I can tell, the latest "full release" doesn't have the pneumatic seed option. Am I supposed to download one of the pre-releases along with the full release? Or just download the latest pre-release by itself? Sorry if the questions are redundant, but I'm one of those people who love what Monero stands for, but desperately need an easy to use GUI. Thanks.

♫ Monero, release some pressure! ♫

http://open.spotify.com/track/6VkMqZTLJ0JiRbzorYc8k4

lolol, it's a mnemonic seed. Smiley
dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 12:40:41 AM

You should use the latest pre-release version (v0.39+) with the latest 'bitmonerod.exe' file, which can be found in the ANN topic of XMR.

Although application shutdown will not be functioning well by using "non-daemonized" daemon builds, you should have a stable client experience with this method. I'm waiting for the core developers to issue a new release of the daemon in order to fix the shutdown issue and improve stability.

When I try to run this version of Monero Client.net it gives me an error. "Accounts cannot be created by this release. Please use v0.38.1 for account creation."

Same here. Any info on this?

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 01:26:38 PM

When I try to run this version of Monero Client.net it gives me an error. "Accounts cannot be created by this release. Please use v0.38.1 for account creation."

lol, I predicted this would come up when Jojatekok advised new people to use v0.39+. People will continue to ask the same questions over and over again until this stuff gets fixed.  It's like Jojatekok has forgotten the issues with his own software. v0.39+ is broken/buggy/impractical for multiple reasons, all mentioned earlier in this thread. There are also different, annoying bugs in v0.38.2, but it is at least somewhat functional in the current circumstances. People should use v0.38.2 until further notice.
hayabusa911

Activity: 369

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 03:23:05 AM

This shit is WAY over my head... When I can get a working wallet (gui) without knowing all this tech I will be a HUGE investor!
I have faith in this currency but just don't have the time for this.  I read through just about every post and It seems everyone is having problems. The LAST thing I need it so worry about if my investments are safe. Anybody have a working Windows GUI wallet so I can just buy some fucking coin!?!
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
November 13, 2014, 07:33:41 PM

Downloaded and testing. Thanks for this great app of yours.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Furi Bliz

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 08:35:12 AM
Last edit: January 04, 2015, 08:52:30 AM by Furi Bliz

Heya pls help me with this problem.

was using 0.38.1 and it has worked awesomely so far. today i had problems with it, and i've tried to reinstall but it just doesnt launch. you can see in windows task manager the process to start but it ends in 5 secs without anything else happening. i've tried to delete all the old folders and do a "clean install" but still doesn't launch. 39.0 and above launches but seems to initialize a long time. are there other folders to delete beside the appdata/roaming folder and monero client folder? seems like the new install remembers the old paths of the client i had before, how is that possible? if i try to use the backup manager with 39.0 while initializing it crashes the client, tho not a massive surprise.  or what to do  Huh
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 12:35:30 PM

Heya pls help me with this problem.
was using 0.38.1 and it has worked awesomely so far. today i had problems with it, and i've tried to reinstall but it just doesnt launch. you can see in windows task manager the process to start but it ends in 5 secs without anything else happening. i've tried to delete all the old folders and do a "clean install" but still doesn't launch. 39.0 and above launches but seems to initialize a long time. are there other folders to delete beside the appdata/roaming folder and monero client folder? seems like the new install remembers the old paths of the client i had before, how is that possible? if i try to use the backup manager with 39.0 while initializing it crashes the client, tho not a massive surprise.  or what to do  Huh

Check this, it should work :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=873107.0
Furi Bliz

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 02:58:59 PM

Thanks. Hope i'd get help with the problem though. Really do like this GUI.
Furi Bliz

View Profile
January 04, 2015, 04:31:07 PM

Actually i found a crashlog

The type initializer for 'Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.SettingsManager' threw an exception.
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.SettingsManager.get_Appearance()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App..ctor()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:08:12 PM

Monero Client .NET is back with a new release!
v0.39.0-rc.3

Hooray! It's time for me to present a new release of my project. I would like to dedicate it to the core development team, who have been working so hard lately that they broke all the older versions of my client. Cheesy

There are still many things to be improved, but at least, for people who already have an account since v0.38.1, this release will provide stability along with usefulness. I've also tried to implement account file creation, but it seems that the core team has even changed the format of accounts, thus, new account files are not compatible with my software anymore. I'll resume to the newly-appearing issues later, but let's see what was improved in 2015's first .NET client release:

• Started to utilize the latest stable version of bitmonerod
  • Added indonesian translation
  • Fixed all the shutdown-related bugs (including one which made saving the blockchain impossible)
  • Fixed a menu localization issue

Plans for the future
As you may have already heard, Microsoft is making their .NET Framework's source code open for the public, thus, giving a chance for porting .NET applications to other platforms in the future. That is also a reason behind returning to the development of Monero Client .NET.

I would like to announce a roadmap for those who are still curious about the next things to come.

First of all, I have to tell that v0.39 releases have featured a lot of new technologies in the background. It was the first set of releases to support the "daemonized" bitmonerod and rpcwallet, which are still in a beta development state by the core team. That's the main reason why there wasn't a release of my client which could be labelled fully stable. As it seems to take some time to advance to these new technologies by the core team (merging them with new developments like the embedded blockchain DB or the new account seed generation mechanism), I decided not to continue the development of v0.39 releases, but build a stable v0.40 which returns back to the usage of - the latest - simplewallet and the non-experimental version of bitmonerod.

Further on, this project consists of 2 parts: one which is responsible for the communication with the background workers' RPC interfaces, and one which renders the GUI, utilizing the API subproject. My idea is to separate the 2 subprojects in order to provide .NET developers an easy way to interact with the RPC without the need of implementing JSON data decoders by self. This may even encourage more people to help in project development, and would make it easy to create robust block explorers in ASP.NET (Microsoft's web development platform).

As I have already mentioned sometime before, I'm 17 years old, so I have to study now in order to acquire a great career later. I also have other programming projects to work on, but I do all these things for my own entertainment in my free time. Please bear in mind that it's not easy to keep up with these extra activities I do besides school, so developments will be slower than during the summer.

Enjoy the new release, and donate some XMR to the core development team who made this project exist! Smiley

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 02:59:19 PM

Excellent news. I will test this out when I get the chance. My problem lately is that Monero's database memory usage on Windows has become large enough now that I can't multitask on my machine when loading up the wallet, so I've been hesitant to load it up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: