Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 11:47:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:19:07 AM

Downloaded the wallet 0.33 last night and it took a good 5 hours to sync up.  It crashed on Win 7 64bit 3 times while syncing, but I don't think it corrupted anything.  When I try to exit it, it gives me the warning to be patient while it closes the databases, but then the icon sits there in my task bar and then it gives me the message that it crahed - so it seems something is having trouble shutting down.

I guess the option to change the wallet password is also greyed out for now.

If the application crashes, it exports a log about the case to 'CrashLogs.txt' in the application's main directory. Please send that log to me, so I can take a look at the issue!

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:31:21 AM

This is what's showing up so far in the crashlog file:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.DaemonManager.JsonQueryData[T](JsonRpcRequest jsonRpcRequest)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.DaemonManager.QueryNetworkInformation()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.CallCallback()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueueTimer.Fire()
   at System.Threading.TimerQueue.FireNextTimers()

at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.DaemonManager.JsonQueryData[T](JsonRpcRequest jsonRpcRequest)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
xcapator

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

Here I Am !!

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:41:36 AM

Have you installed the latest version of microsoft net framework ?

From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 07:43:17 AM

the wallet doesnt steal my moneros right ?

~CfA~

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 08:08:42 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2014, 08:37:05 AM by Jojatekok

Thanks for the submission! I definitely have an idea what may cause it. May I ask you to check in your task manager whether 'bitmonerod.exe' is running at the time of crashing? And does this happen only during shutdown, or also just randomly?

EDIT #1: You don't need to answer these questions, I probably know the reason: The information-querying timers are disposed after killing the daemon (and wallet) process, thus, causing a crash when they are executed after the processes have been closed.

EDIT #2: Also, when I switched to using the RPC version of simplewallet, I didn't realize that it does not support the 'exit' command (for safe shutdown), so the next release will contain a fix for this, too. Smiley

the wallet doesnt steal my moneros right ?

~CfA~

Right, I wouldn't be asking for donations if it did so. Cheesy

You can check the source code, and even compile it for yourself if you wanted to be extra careful.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 10:58:54 AM

GUI crash on start,say Monero client NET stopped working;

Log

The system cannot find the file specified
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.WalletManager.StartInternal()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.StartWallet()
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:12:55 AM

Log

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)

I will add a check whether resource files exist. Anyway, this is not my fault. Please make sure that you extract everything in the zip file into the same folder, as the error means that files in "\Resources\Software\" don't exist.

Code:
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:18:14 AM

Monero to 0.5 BTC soon

samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:03:57 PM

Log

I will add a check whether resource files exist. Anyway, this is not my fault. Please make sure that you extract everything in the zip file into the same folder, as the error means that files in "\Resources\Software\" don't exist.

Clean and extract all in zip file,than restore wallet.bin file and now works  Smiley

griffinriz

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 12:48:31 PM

Monero to 0.5 BTC soon

that is just too much, 0.4 will work  Grin
oleander7

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 02:40:42 PM

Hello!
Sorry for the noobish question, but how can I access my old wallet?
As I see it I must replace wallet.keys and wallet.bin in a WalletData folder with my old ones.
But it gives me an error.
[17:27:49] bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.1()
[17:27:49] 2014-Jul-11 17:27:49.906676 Loading wallet...
[17:27:49] 2014-Jul-11 17:27:49.967680 ERROR c:\users\tom\documents\github\bitmonero\contrib\epee\include\storages\portable_storage.h:161 portable_storage: wrong binary format - signature missmatch
Am I doing something wrong?
Please help.
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:28:12 PM

Hello!
As I see it I must replace wallet.keys and wallet.bin in a WalletData folder with my old ones.
[17:27:49] 2014-Jul-11 17:27:49.967680 ERROR c:\users\tom\documents\github\bitmonero\contrib\epee\include\storages\portable_storage.h:161 portable_storage: wrong binary format - signature missmatch
Please help.

You may want to recreate your 'wallet.bin' file by only keeping the 'wallet.bin.keys' file in the 'WalletData' directory. From the next version, '.keys' files will automatically be identified, but - as discussed on IRC before with the devs - simplewallet's RPC is not yet capable of restoring those wallets because of the deamon being busy while refreshing. This issue may persist until the daemon's development team does not switch to use rocksDB for storing the blockchain.

Until then, you can restore your wallet from the '.keys' file using command line:

• First, make sure that your 'wallet.bin' and 'wallet.bin.keys' files are backed up, and then the '.bin' file is removed from the directory which contains the keys for your wallet
  • Open 'bitmonerod.exe', and then 'simplewallet.exe'
  • In the wallet terminal, select the desired file (probably 'wallet.bin' [even if it doesn't exist]), and then enter the passphrase for it
  • Input "refresh", and then hit enter
  • Execute the "save" command

Code:
oleander7

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:36:53 PM

Hello!
Please help.

You may want to recreate your 'wallet.bin' file by only keeping the 'wallet.bin.keys' file in the 'WalletData' directory. From the next version, '.keys' files will automatically be identified, but - as discussed on IRC before with the devs - simplewallet's RPC is not yet capable of restoring those wallets because of the deamon being busy while refreshing. This issue may persist until the daemon's development team does not switch to use rocksDB for storing the blockchain.

Until then, you can restore your wallet from the '.keys' file using command line:

• First, make sure that your 'wallet.bin' and 'wallet.bin.keys' files are backed up, and then the '.bin' file is removed from the directory which contains the keys for your wallet
  • Open 'bitmonerod.exe', and then 'simplewallet.exe'
  • In the wallet terminal, select the desired file (probably 'wallet.bin' [even if it doesn't exist]), and then enter the passphrase for it
  • Input "refresh", and then hit enter
  • Execute the "save" command
Thanks a lot!
johndon

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:53:25 PM

Because i used this GUI wallet i lost my coins.
I sent coins to other address and the coins were gone from my balance and transaction were never made.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2014, 03:55:01 PM

I sent coins to other address and the coins were gone from my balance and transaction were never made.

They are probably still in the wallet.

Load the wallet in simplewallet and see if its there
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:56:58 PM

Just not possible.
Refresh both wallets and see.

If refresh doesn't work, delete the wallet.bin file and open the wallet using the .keys file to rescan all transactions.

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 03:59:39 PM

It's not the fault of the GUI, but the system simplewallet uses. Delete your 'wallet.bin' file, keeping 'wallet.bin.keys' intact, and then do the steps I have just mentioned above to re-index your wallet.

Next time before sending a TX, please make sure that the fee is set to at least 0.005 XMR.

Code:
johndon

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:06:51 PM

It's not the fault of the GUI, but the system simplewallet uses. Delete your 'wallet.bin' file, keeping 'wallet.bin.keys' intact, and then do the steps I have just mentioned above to re-index your wallet.

Next time before sending a TX, please make sure that the fee is set to at least 0.005 XMR.

Thanks for your fast reply, at the moment i am trying to get my wallet back. I think the problem is my GUI wallet is not synced and my transaction is not sent to blockchain (i dont know why)

When i open Debug window Daemon is working alright but Wallet is not working i get this

"[18:03:00] bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.1()
[18:03:02] 2014-Jul-11 18:03:00.469450 Loading wallet...
[18:03:02] 2014-Jul-11 18:03:00.698464 ERROR c:\users\tom\documents\github\bitmonero\contrib\epee\include\storages\portable_storage.h:161 portable_storage: wrong binary format - signature missmatch
[18:03:10] bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.1()"

if i try to write something at the console nothing happens..

Thanks!
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 04:23:00 PM

Do I need to add anything anywhere?

I opened the wallet about 15 minutes now and it still says Address: initializing and 0 connections in bottom right.

No, everything should just run well out of the box. Just extract your files into a directory, and simply run 'MoneroClient.Net.exe'. Make sure that you:

• Don't have multiple instances of bitmonerod or simplewallet running at the same time
  • Are running the application from a 64-bit system
  • Have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (or higher) installed

If your problem persists, please try deleting your 'bitmonero' directory at '%AppData%', and then try using the client software again. Please let me know about the results! Smiley

Got it going.

It looks like AVG flagged it as a virus and removed some files that I did not know. I disabled AVG and it is good now.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:01:06 PM

Monero Client .NET v0.34.0 has been released!
Download it from here!

This release features mostly bug fixes, but plenty of them:

• Fixed the crashes happening on safe shutdown
  • Now there is a chance to restore wallets from '.keys' files
  • Enhanced dialog management

Also, you will notice a little icon indicating the number of connections in the bottom-right corner.

Code:
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: