Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:34:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88591 times)
CiscoStud

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:24:54 PM

Anyone else getting Very High Memory Utilization?  Im get 2.3 GB used.

I have to same problem on all versions I've tried from 0.29 and up.   I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit

http://s21.postimg.org/4yaxr58iv/mem.jpg

Also I can not seem to get to wallet to update.  It asked for paraphrase but nothing happens.  I replaced to wallet folder.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RentaMouse

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 09:51:23 PM

Anyone else getting Very High Memory Utilization?  Im get 2.3 GB used.

I have to same problem on all versions I've tried from 0.29 and up.   I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit

Also I can not seem to get to wallet to update.  It asked for paraphrase but nothing happens.  I replaced to wallet folder.

Bitmonerod using that amount of memory is normal, it currently insists on loading the entire blockchain to memory. Changing to a db based storage system to avoid this problem is high on the dev's priority list.

Have a look at the new FAQ for the answers to many questions like this Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686086.0

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Bitsaurus

Activity: 873
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 11, 2014, 11:00:11 PM

This is what's showing up so far in the crashlog file:

Thanks for the submission! I definitely have an idea what may cause it. May I ask you to check in your task manager whether 'bitmonerod.exe' is running at the time of crashing? And does this happen only during shutdown, or also just randomly?

EDIT #1: You don't need to answer these questions, I probably know the reason: The information-querying timers are disposed after killing the daemon (and wallet) process, thus, causing a crash when they are executed after the processes have been closed.

EDIT #2: Also, when I switched to using the RPC version of simplewallet, I didn't realize that it does not support the 'exit' command (for safe shutdown), so the next release will contain a fix for this, too. Smiley

Yep, 0.34 fixed it.  bitmonerod.exe wasn't shutting down, but now it shuts down correctly.  Jeebus, 2.25GB of memory Tongue

Hopefully soon they'll get it so the whole blockchain won't have to load up into memory
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 05:31:11 AM

So for giggles I am trying to solo mine in the wallet.

What does this mean?

(Time)  (Date) [P2P1]-----Block added as alternative on height (number)
id:  (long string)
PoW: (long string)
difficulty: 734643802

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
RentaMouse

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 06:20:55 AM

I was so impressed by this new client I decided to create a guide for new users, you can download the pdf from http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/#getting_started

Any constructive comments welcomed Smiley

Pool admin @ http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/ - for miners who value reliability (and like orange)!
Currently donating all of our 1% pool fee to the dev fund - mine at CryptonotepoolUK and support XMR at no extra cost!
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 07:41:44 AM

I was so impressed by this new client I decided to create a guide for new users, you can download the pdf from http://cryptonotepool.org.uk/#getting_started

Any constructive comments welcomed Smiley

This is not only impressive, but irresistibly fantastic! I'll make sure to include this in the original post with a credit given to you and your pool.

For the others: Please be reminded that the GUI wallet can only be as stable as the daemon and wallet console software. Thus, restoring 'wallet.bin' files from '.keys' may not work due to the daemon's automatic blockchain saving which blocks its RPC. As soon as RocksDB will be used for the new daemon, and rpcwallet will be considered stable, the GUI is going to be a lot more reliable too. Smiley

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
CiscoStud

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 01:59:48 PM

I have no idea how to update my wallet and so I've been stuck on version 0.29.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0vkyhoQWN1qd834x.jpg
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 04:32:36 PM

Anyone else getting Very High Memory Utilization?  Im get 2.3 GB used.

I have to same problem on all versions I've tried from 0.29 and up.   I'm running Windows 8.1 64bit

Also I can not seem to get to wallet to update.  It asked for paraphrase but nothing happens.  I replaced to wallet folder.

Bitmonerod using that amount of memory is normal, it currently insists on loading the entire blockchain to memory. Changing to a db based storage system to avoid this problem is high on the dev's priority list.

Have a look at the new FAQ for the answers to many questions like this Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=686086.0

Can't wait for DB!

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2014, 09:20:48 PM

I have no idea how to update my wallet and so I've been stuck on version 0.29.

First of all, you should backup your 'WalletData' folder to a safe storage other than the default location.

After that, delete everything from the original folder except the 'WalletData' directory, then download the latest version of the client, placing all the files in the zip file into the root directory of Monero Client .NET.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
marco75001

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2014, 07:45:27 PM

Good Job, nice GUI, I like it!
RentaMouse

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:25:58 AM

I'll update my user guide later but thought I'd share my experience with importing old wallets first of all:

I tried out MoneroClient with a new wallet it created first of all, everything worked fine, so I decided to try and import an old wallet which turned out to be more complicated. The main problem is with getting the wallet sync state file (wallet.bin) up to date - MoneroClient cant spend more than about 5 minutes trying to sync a wallet without crashing when the daemon decides to save (this is more a problem with bitmonerod/simplewallet rather than MoneroClient). Solution is to create the wallet.bin file from the CLI, which shouldnt be too challenging if you were using it with your old wallet anyway Smiley

So, these are  the steps I followed:

• Backup your existing MoneroClient wallet, then close the app and make sure bitmonerod process has stopped
  • Browse to where MoneroClient files are, and delete any wallet files from the "WalletData" folder
  • Copy your old wallet.bin.keys file which you wish to import into the "WalletData" folder, if its not already called "wallet.bin.keys" then rename it
  • In the MoneroClient folder next browse to "Resources/Software" and run bitmonerod.exe by dbl-clicking it, wait until it has synced the blockchain
  • Now dbl-click "simplewallet.exe" to run that, and when prompted enter the path to your wallet as MoneroClient path/WalletData/wallet.bin
  • Simplewallet will find your .keys file and start scanning the blockchain to recreate your wallet, this could take some time but when it has finished make sure you type "save", then "exit"
  • Type "exit" in your bitmonerod window as well to close that properly
  • Now when you run MoneroClient it will find your imported wallet and its up to date sync state file, so should show the correct balance after a short while, now its ready to use!

You can import multiple old wallets this way, just make sure to use the MoneroClient "Backup Manager" to save each one before doing the next, and you can also use the Backup Manager to restore the wallet when you need it. Bear in mind that if you leave a wallet for too long without checking it in MoneroClient it may have to be manually CLI resynced again (although you dont have to delete the wallet.bin on subsequent runs).

One other thing I encountered you should watch out for, if your imported wallet has a lot of "dust" imports from mining in the past before the pools updated their payment systems, you may find that sending more than a few XMR in one transaction causes the MoneroClient to hang. Currently it doesnt seem to be able to trap the "transaction too large" error from SimpleWallet, hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 03:42:42 PM

Monero Client .NET v0.35.0 has been released!
Download it from here!

Features aboard: Now, you are able to switch the RPC host and ports being used in the Options menu. Please be reminded that every single addition of new functions require updating the localization files listed here.

Also, I made the progress bar green for everyone (even for people who use classic Windows themes), in order to make the text on it more readable.

I'll update my user guide later but thought I'd share my experience with importing old wallets first of all:

Thank you for providing an in-depth guide about this! Smiley

I was planning to add timestamp display for transactions in this release, but - as mentioned here - I wasn't able to deserialize TX BLOBs. Thus, I decided to start a project involving developers of the Monero community to redesign the whole JSON RPC scheme. Succeeding would mean the end of unorganized and bloated functions, allowing anyone to work with the new API easily out of the box, and improving the scalability for future needs.

Code:
hodlmybtc

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 05:54:34 PM

I tried out MoneroClient with a new wallet it created first of all, everything worked fine, so I decided to try and import an old wallet which turned out to be more complicated. The main problem is with getting the wallet sync state file (wallet.bin) up to date - MoneroClient cant spend more than about 5 minutes trying to sync a wallet without crashing when the daemon decides to save (this is more a problem with bitmonerod/simplewallet rather than MoneroClient). Solution is to create the wallet.bin file from the CLI, which shouldnt be too challenging if you were using it with your old wallet anyway Smiley

So, these are  the steps I followed:

• Backup your existing MoneroClient wallet, then close the app and make sure bitmonerod process has stopped
  • Browse to where MoneroClient files are, and delete any wallet files from the "WalletData" folder
  • Copy your old wallet.bin.keys file which you wish to import into the "WalletData" folder, if its not already called "wallet.bin.keys" then rename it
  • In the MoneroClient folder next browse to "Resources/Software" and run bitmonerod.exe by dbl-clicking it, wait until it has synced the blockchain
  • Now dbl-click "simplewallet.exe" to run that, and when prompted enter the path to your wallet as MoneroClient path/WalletData/wallet.bin
  • Simplewallet will find your .keys file and start scanning the blockchain to recreate your wallet, this could take some time but when it has finished make sure you type "save", then "exit"
  • Type "exit" in your bitmonerod window as well to close that properly
  • Now when you run MoneroClient it will find your imported wallet and its up to date sync state file, so should show the correct balance after a short while, now its ready to use!

You can import multiple old wallets this way, just make sure to use the MoneroClient "Backup Manager" to save each one before doing the next, and you can also use the Backup Manager to restore the wallet when you need it. Bear in mind that if you leave a wallet for too long without checking it in MoneroClient it may have to be manually CLI resynced again (although you dont have to delete the wallet.bin on subsequent runs).

One other thing I encountered you should watch out for, if your imported wallet has a lot of "dust" imports from mining in the past before the pools updated their payment systems, you may find that sending more than a few XMR in one transaction causes the MoneroClient to hang. Currently it doesnt seem to be able to trap the "transaction too large" error from SimpleWallet, hopefully that will be resolved soon.

Thanks! Without this I couldn't import my old wallet.

I tried the method described in your guide but that didn't work, first it kept freezing then after a couple times it said it worked but I never had to enter my password or something and nothing happened.

I noticed that my .keys file was named wallet.keys instead of wallet.bin.keys, maybe that was the issue?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:23:54 AM

Can't wait for DB!

There is discussion of the DB development in this week's Missives, including a link where you can follow the work in real time:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg7847156#msg7847156
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:03:12 PM

Thanks! Without this I couldn't import my old wallet.

I tried the method described in your guide but that didn't work, first it kept freezing then after a couple times it said it worked but I never had to enter my password or something and nothing happened.

I noticed that my .keys file was named wallet.keys instead of wallet.bin.keys, maybe that was the issue?

The '.keys' file is the most important, and must be strictly named after the wallet file (which is - by default - 'wallet.bin'). So that could be a problem, yes.

Code:
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 02:49:51 PM

Luv the client been using daily and have to say good job 4 sure

can i donate 5000 XMR to 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3x C3LNHctmx7mG8NLM ?
~CfA~

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:01:09 PM

can i donate 5000 XMR to 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3x C3LNHctmx7mG8NLM ?
~CfA~

Whoa, that seems like an ultimately huge amount... Shocked

I would be very thankful, though, and would never forget your name! Smiley

Code:
mcaizgk2

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:04:57 PM

Good job
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:11:12 PM

~CfA~

Grin

█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████             █████ █
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
samaricanin

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 07:41:55 AM

I agree, he deserves it  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: