Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:21:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
WaxMan

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 02:52:51 PM

A lot of strange guys here, in XMR topics. Hm, i'm pretty sure that this is not coincidence.
That's because XMR devs are not so clean. If you know what i'm talking about.
BldSwtTrs
Legendary

Activity: 861
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 03:15:20 PM

Hi everybody, can we safely use real money within that GUI or is it some kind of "be careful, don't use real coins" type of thing?
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:03:22 PM

Hi everybody, can we safely use real money within that GUI or is it some kind of "be careful, don't use real coins" type of thing?

It works for me, but crashes at times. You also have to restart it to see your received coins, as it doesn't currently refresh. This seems to be a lack of implementation of the refresh command. From monero.cc, "Getting started":
If you let you wallet opened all the time, you may think that you are not receiving any monero. This is because refresh is not automatic. You must either close the wallet and reopen it of, much more elegant, use the refresh command.
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2014, 06:42:02 PM

I'm using v0.38.1 and received coins from pool, but I also send some coins to a exchange(Mintpal) but after 30min still no pending and can't see a transaction id in the wallet.(bitmonerod and simplewallet is open)

Also I get passphrase only if I run it in administration.

win8.1 64bit

It works for me, but crashes at times. You also have to restart it to see your received coins, as it doesn't currently refresh. This seems to be a lack of implementation of the refresh command. From monero.cc, "Getting started":
If you let you wallet opened all the time, you may think that you are not receiving any monero. This is because refresh is not automatic. You must either close the wallet and reopen it of, much more elegant, use the refresh command.

Actually, refresh is implemented, but the current bitmonerod.exe and simplewallet just fails silently, thus, causing the GUI not to reflect new transactions. Version 0.39.0 will solve this issue, as it uses the new daemon and rpcwallet to communicate, but it lacks the ability to create new wallets at the moment.

A lot of strange guys here, in XMR topics. Hm, i'm pretty sure that this is not coincidence.
That's because XMR devs are not so clean. If you know what i'm talking about.

XMR developers are honest, but more shy than the "average" or cryptoland. That's because they don't want the news to be first instead of the actual implementation.

I use it on my own, and have sent and received dozens of XMR without any kind of failure. It can only fail where simplewallet/rpcwallet would fail too, as the application is a silent wrapper of them.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
krawallmining

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2014, 04:49:21 PM

Any news about the wallet issues?
Maybe provide a wallet and see if it works for me with new alphas/betas?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:59:25 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2014, 02:15:42 AM by Jojatekok

Any news about the wallet issues?
Maybe provide a wallet and see if it works for me with new alphas/betas?

There have been a lot of improvements under the hood which are waiting to be tested (I cannot do it massively here, as my main account is on my home PC). The code has been cleaned up, and several bugs were fixed. Also, I have added a built-in option to check for experimental build updates in the first beta version of v0.39.0. All the things should depend on the core developers releasing the new monerod and rpcaccount officially now.

EDIT: Version 0.39.0-beta.2 has been released, and should be broadcasted by the built-in auto-update for those who were using the first beta release and enabled checking for experimental application updates. It took a lot of hassle, but finally, the terminology has been changed from "wallet" to "account".

Everyone may help again by updating the translations to reflect the changes in term usage: https://www.transifex.com/organization/jojatekok/dashboard/monero-client-net
Please keep sending bug reports and crash logs, and don't worry to request any kind of help, I'm glad to give support for anyone.

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
JohnyMonero

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:16:42 PM

And it is absolutely amazing the beauty of Monero apps is the unique!!!
mineshaft

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:38:26 PM

Can't understand why people typing that Monero is a fork! It has such a unique graphical account manager!
bingopoint

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

Monero has such a great apps for Windows! Love it.
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:56:11 PM

Being a fork doesnt really matter, what matters is what the devs do with it, and XMR has surpassed as to date the original Bytecoin, so there.

Achile$

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:12:37 PM

Being a fork doesnt really matter, what matters is what the devs do with it, and XMR has surpassed as to date the original Bytecoin, so there.
That is exactly what I'm thinking. This is a perfect example of how cool our developers are.
coinamigo

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:26:26 PM

Good update! I have no patiend for waiting until non-better reliase.
DrTrouble

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:56:26 AM

I am most likely doing something wrong here, but I am using the v0.39.0-beta.2 client.  I installed an older client first to create an account.  Then, I installed the aforementioned beta version.  I did an import of my backup, it showed my address, is caught up with a bunch of connections, but it was NOT receiving any XMR. I have been mining for a couple days and the pool shows several XMR. 

So, I went to a different PC, ran the client, let it catch up, imported wallet, and now for an address it just says "Initializing".  Am I missing some thing here?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

What is this "Bitcoin" of which you speak???
Pencha

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 05:10:22 AM

Same for me. I used .38.1 to create wallet and it worked. I used .39 and it worked but i coulnt send my coins, wallet just stoped responding. Then i used the last one and it just keep initializing forever.
And every newer version of wallet i got the older ones just died, they cant start.
Any solution to all this? I would be nice to pull my coins out.

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 11:20:22 AM

I am most likely doing something wrong here, but I am using the v0.39.0-beta.2 client.  I installed an older client first to create an account.  Then, I installed the aforementioned beta version.  I did an import of my backup, it showed my address, is caught up with a bunch of connections, but it was NOT receiving any XMR. I have been mining for a couple days and the pool shows several XMR. 

So, I went to a different PC, ran the client, let it catch up, imported wallet, and now for an address it just says "Initializing".  Am I missing some thing here?  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Same for me. I used .38.1 to create wallet and it worked. I used .39 and it worked but i coulnt send my coins, wallet just stoped responding. Then i used the last one and it just keep initializing forever.
And every newer version of wallet i got the older ones just died, they cant start.

You all do nothing wrong. I just got home, wanted to check my wallet, and saw that it never initializes. Something fails to operate, please be patient until I examine the situation. As for downgrading from v0.39 to v0.38.1, please remove your configuration file 'user.config' located at '%LocalAppData%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net', and then, the older versions should start up fine. Your settings and contacts will be lost, though (this doesn't mean that they will have to be lost i the future, just be sure to export them into a CSV file with the built-in function Wink).

Code:
Pencha

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 12:24:41 PM

Tnx Jojatekok, now i can use older wallets  Grin

romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:26:51 PM

Same issue here.   I also sent coins to an old wallet that I can't open, and can't get the new version to initialize using my old wallet to receive the coins Id sent.

Bah!  

I was using 38.0 and had sent coins to that wallet, then it asked if I wanted to update and it updated to 38.1, once it did that the client just stop responding when it would be run.

Then I imported the wallet from the 38.0 version to the new beta 39 since it actually opens, but it never finishes initializing and hangs around block 7X,XXX, i forgot exactly which block but every time the blockchain stops downloading I restart the client and it has to start all over again.

Hope I didn't lose all my coins lol.
romeshomey

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:35:34 PM

Same issue here.   I also sent coins to an old wallet that I can't open, and can't get the new version to initialize using my old wallet to receive the coins Id sent.

Bah!  

I was using 38.0 and had sent coins to that wallet, then it asked if I wanted to update and it updated to 38.1, once it did that the client just stop responding when it would be run.

Then I imported the wallet from the 38.0 version to the new beta 39 since it actually opens, but it never finishes initializing and hangs around block 7X,XXX, i forgot exactly which block but every time the blockchain stops downloading I restart the client and it has to start all over again.

Hope I didn't lose all my coins lol.

Ok, i scrolled up the thread and found some instructions on getting the older version to run again and have 38.0 running again now.  Hopefully my coins will show up.  lol

also, is the address in the wallet.bin.address.txt the same as the wallet address?   I can't see atm because its still initializing since reverting.
Pencha

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:09:36 PM

Yes, it's the same adress.

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:59:08 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2014, 06:09:57 PM by Jojatekok

If not altered, the txt file should contain your XMR address.

By the way, I have just found the issue which made the wallets unable to initialize. The wallet's RPC port was always read as '0' because of a parameter's bad capitalization. https://github.com/Jojatekok/monero-client-net/blob/master/MoneroApi/Settings/RpcSettings.cs#L16

EDIT: I have also spotted some bugs in the beta core components, and have already reported them. Smiley

EDIT #2: Sending coins without a payment ID will not cause the software to crash from now.

Code:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: