Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 05:25:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] MoneroX - A cross platform graphical account manager for Monero  (Read 88592 times)
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:07:34 AM

When you say " bitmonerod.exe doesn't load when running the GUI" you mean it says to use old version to create wallet right? Just ignore and press ok then choose File, Backup manager and restore wallet from backup in step 1.

No, I mean the bitmonerod.exe process doesn't show up in the Processes tab of Task Manager.

Does it require elevated privilege? I'm using windows Server 2008 so the main user account is Administrator but if your using Windows 8 or Se7en you could try disabling UAC.

No, I can run it independently without any elevated privilege. I have UAC disabled.
chris_dmd

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 06:22:11 AM

When you say " bitmonerod.exe doesn't load when running the GUI" you mean it says to use old version to create wallet right? Just ignore and press ok then choose File, Backup manager and restore wallet from backup in step 1.

No, I mean the bitmonerod.exe process doesn't show up in the Processes tab of Task Manager.

Does it require elevated privilege? I'm using windows Server 2008 so the main user account is Administrator but if your using Windows 8 or Se7en you could try disabling UAC.

No, I can run it independently without any elevated privilege. I have UAC disabled.

If you run the GUI and choose Settings, Options then on the Paths tab is the Daemon software: pointing to the correct directory? If it is then I'm stumped cause I didn't need to change any settings for it to run. And yes \Roaming\bitmonero\ is the only data directory I can see unless it has been manually altered which you should be able to see in that same tab.

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 07:49:51 AM

If you run the GUI and choose Settings, Options then on the Paths tab is the Daemon software: pointing to the correct directory? If it is then I'm stumped cause I didn't need to change any settings for it to run. And yes \Roaming\bitmonero\ is the only data directory I can see unless it has been manually altered which you should be able to see in that same tab.

Nope, the paths are all set to their defaults, I just double-checked.

In the meantime, I did some more fooling around, deleting the AppData\Local\Jojatekok folder yet again, and moving some other stuff around, and I was finally able to get it to the point where the GUI would load the bitmonerod.exe process and start downloading the blockchain. However, it, again, wanted to start from scratch on downloading it. When trying to bootstrap it by putting blockchain.bin in the default directory (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitMonero), it would just write over it on exit, but would then work from there just fine there on out.

Is there something wrong with the newest bitmonerod.exe where it can't bootstrap a blockchain.bin created with the previous version? That doesn't really make any sense to me, but it's what I'm experiencing.

At this rate, now that I have the GUI loading my wallet without crashing, and downloading the blockchain (for which I don't know what was breaking it the first place), I *could* just let it pull it all from scratch now, but I know that annoys some people with regards to bandwidth, and I really shouldn't have to do it.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 08:08:44 AM

In the meantime, I did some more fooling around, deleting the AppData\Local\Jojatekok folder yet again, and moving some other stuff around, and I was finally able to get it to the point where the GUI would load the bitmonerod.exe process and start downloading the blockchain. However, it, again, wanted to start from scratch on downloading it. When trying to bootstrap it by putting blockchain.bin in the default directory (C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\BitMonero), it would just write over it on exit, but would then work from there just fine there on out.

Is there something wrong with the newest bitmonerod.exe where it can't bootstrap a blockchain.bin created with the previous version? That doesn't really make any sense to me, but it's what I'm experiencing.

At this rate, now that I have the GUI loading my wallet without crashing, and downloading the blockchain (for which I don't know what was breaking it the first place), I *could* just let it pull it all from scratch now, but I know that annoys some people with regards to bandwidth, and I really shouldn't have to do it.

Yeah I'm in the same boat.  I was going to use the CLI but the new bitmonerod from the RC1 build doesn't like the current configuration

So I am trying a clean install of RC1 on my a backup system. It's downloading the blockchain again and appears to have imported the wallet correctly.  Maybe I just need to copy over the "redone" blockchain.
Jojatekok (OP)

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 04:31:20 PM

Yeah I'm in the same boat.  I was going to use the CLI but the new bitmonerod from the RC1 build doesn't like the current configuration

So I am trying a clean install of RC1 on my a backup system. It's downloading the blockchain again and appears to have imported the wallet correctly.  Maybe I just need to copy over the "redone" blockchain.

I had to download the entire blockchain again in order to get things working. It's probably a requirement of the new CLI daemon...

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
Bitcoin (BTC): 14wHehBtFt321WTV15khon8Juaxh9drnfJ
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:02:53 PM

I had to download the entire blockchain again in order to get things working. It's probably a requirement of the new CLI daemon...

Then we're good to go. I did just that overnight. I'm still not sure what was conflicting with it causing it to crash, but as long as people know to completely clear things out on the above checklist, starting completely fresh, then importing their wallet with Backup manager, I think they'll be fine. It just needs to be more explicit for people upgrading to RC1.

Btw, does this latest version not include the higher fee by default? Last time I checked, it still had the older amount programmed in.
Pencha

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2014, 05:36:37 PM

Yeah, only way to start the wallet corectly is to do delete blockchain and let it download again. But i can send only 2 coins before it stop responding. After that i have to download it again. 7 circles of hell for 15 coins Angry

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 02:58:17 AM

Well I downloaded the whole chain again on a clean RC1 install on a new machine.  I imported the 38.1 wallet but it still shows 0 coins but under accountdata it has my wallet address correct.

My 38.1 GUI wallet crashes now even trying to send 10XMR with 0.1 fee so the coins are now stuck.

I'm at a loss for words.   Shocked Huh
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 07:56:58 AM

Hi guys - Jojatekok has just bounced this past us in #monero-dev, and we've helped him figure out the source of his GUI client's blockchain corruption. He's going to release a new version that will fix this - if you have had a corrupt blockchain you will need to redownload, but moving forward you should not have this happen again:)

Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:43:27 PM

Hi guys - Jojatekok has just bounced this past us in #monero-dev, and we've helped him figure out the source of his GUI client's blockchain corruption. He's going to release a new version that will fix this - if you have had a corrupt blockchain you will need to redownload, but moving forward you should not have this happen again:)

As suggested by the core development team, the blockchain should not be saved automatically every 6 minutes, as it is done by the daemon after every 8 hours. Because of the mass amounts of hard drive IO operation, the blockchain or 'account.bin' file could get corrupted. Thus, if you have issues, please switch over to v0.39.0-rc.2, and before you start using it, delete your blockchain data (which are - by default - located at '%AppData%\bitmonero'), and the 'account.bin' file, keeping 'account.bin.keys' intact!

Please be aware that this "bug" has existed for a long time, so not only the latest test versions are affected. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Code:
Monero  (XMR): 47hK4gehaMrFTQCiV5FEmM54hpqTrdHudb9nUBG88NicBDpxH4TGuh3TmW84Dc6dpMiEiBLGvJCuT3xC3LNHctmx7mG8NLM
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 05:50:02 PM

As suggested by the core development team, the blockchain should not be saved automatically every 6 minutes, as it is done by the daemon after every 8 hours. Because of the mass amounts of hard drive IO operation, the blockchain or 'account.bin' file could get corrupted. Thus, if you have issues, please switch over to v0.39.0-rc.2, and before you start using it, delete your blockchain data (which are - by default - located at '%AppData%\bitmonero'), and the 'account.bin' file, keeping 'account.bin.keys' intact!

Please be aware that this "bug" has existed for a long time, so not only the latest test versions are affected. Sorry for the inconvenience!

If we already re-downloaded the entire blockchain with rc1, will this be necessary to download it all yet again in rc2, or am I misunderstanding you?
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2014, 07:29:30 PM

If we already re-downloaded the entire blockchain with rc1, will this be necessary to download it all yet again in rc2, or am I misunderstanding you?

You may only re-download it whether you encounter any issues regarding blockchain/account loading.

Code:
mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 03:24:41 AM

You may only re-download it whether you encounter any issues regarding blockchain/account loading.

Looks good. I just tested going to rc2, and did not need to re-download the blockchain.
icecat

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 05:11:32 AM

Here's the crashlog - crashes when trying to import 38.1 wallet, then crashes instantly on next restart

Access is denied
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseRpcProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.AccountManager.StartInternal()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.RestoreAccountFromDirectory(String directoryToRestore)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotifica tion(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.<TryRestoreAccountFromDirectoryAsync>d__18.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotifica tion(Task task)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.BackupManagerWindow.<ButtonRestoreBackupFromDirectory_Click>d__11.MoveNext()
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.<ThrowAsync>b__0(Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowDialog()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.DisplayDialog(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandBinding.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.ExecuteCommandBinding(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e, CommandBinding commandBinding)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(CommandBindingCollection commandBindings, Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.FindCommandBinding(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e, ICommand command, Boolean execute)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.OnExecuted(Object sender, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Input.CommandManager.TransferEvent(IInputElement newSource, ExecutedRoutedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
   at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
   at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
   at System.Windows.Input.RoutedCommand.ExecuteImpl(Object parameter, IInputElement target, Boolean userInitiated)
   at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()

Access is denied
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.BaseRpcProcessManager.StartProcess(String[] arguments)
   at Jojatekok.MoneroAPI.ProcessManagers.AccountManager.StartInternal()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.StartAccountManager()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.Windows.MainWindow.<>c__DisplayClass1.<.ctor>b__0(Object param0, EventArgs param1)
   at System.Windows.Window.CreateSourceWindow(Boolean duringShow)
   at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Jojatekok.MoneroGUI.App.Main()

open %localappdata%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net\user.config with notepad
and delete line <paths softwareAccountManager="" />  or fill full path of rpcwallet location

why config files "softwareAccountManager" path is blank ..
Jojatekok (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:22:48 AM

open %localappdata%\Jojatekok\MoneroClient.Net\user.config with notepad
and delete line <paths softwareAccountManager="" />  or fill full path of rpcwallet location

why config files "softwareAccountManager" path is blank ..

It looks like a config file update mechanism fail, there will be a quick fix in the next release for sure. Thanks for the report! Smiley

Code:
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:28:46 PM

After waiting long enough...i am downloading the windows GUI and will be testing it out for some time.

Will post about it here once I have something to discuss.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:37:39 PM

I tried 3 different versions and all of them appear to not have the functionality of having an auto-created XMR address/account.

Is it supposed to be that way? Or am I missing something?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:43:58 PM

I tried 3 different versions and all of them appear to not have the functionality of having an auto-created XMR address/account.

I'll wait until the client is synced with the network first. Looks like it is "initializing" the default XMR address.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

canth
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:01:11 AM

Is there a difference between a wallet and an account? The GUI refers to accounts, specifically with 39.0 RC2 being incapable of creating an account while 38.1 is capable. Where exactly is an account stored?

mmortal03
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:03:20 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2014, 12:55:07 AM by mmortal03

I'll wait until the client is synced with the network first. Looks like it is "initializing" the default XMR address.

You have to use 0.38.x to create your wallet at the moment, (or, I think you could create it with the CLI simplewallet?), then import it into 0.39.x with the Backup Manager.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: