Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:21:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is unfair to the non tech-savvy  (Read 7436 times)
Finchy

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 07:38:20 AM

Bitcoin isn't even that complicated to use. You don't need to know or understand all the technology behind it or how it works. It's pretty easy to use an app or blockchain.info account and I'm sure it'll only get easier.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 08:02:51 AM

It's a heck of a lot easier to use and acquire Bitcoin than last year
So even the non-tech savvy can start adopting it now but I agree most people tend to wallow in self pity about it and say well if only it was easier, then again earning money is not ever easy  Wink (Unless you were here in 2009 forgot for 5 years and found your wallet lol)

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:07:40 AM

Envy is a destructive feeling. It keeps you trapped in your current situation and prevents you from improving it.

As for securing wallets, I manage my parents coins because they are tech illiterate. Everyone has that option. Make some nerd friends.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:20:03 AM

Yea it is good to have some nerd friends, helps out alot.
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:23:10 AM

It's a heck of a lot easier to use and acquire Bitcoin than last year
So even the non-tech savvy can start adopting it now but I agree most people tend to wallow in self pity about it and say well if only it was easier, then again earning money is not ever easy  Wink (Unless you were here in 2009 forgot for 5 years and found your wallet lol)

I think most people just think it's going to be difficult because the technology behind it is quite complex for the average user, but so is a motor car or a pc but you don't need to understand how it works or what parts do what to use it. There just seems to be mental barrier people need to get over. Once they use it I'm sure they'll see it's as easy as using Paypal or online banking etc.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Ideas of communism, interesting.
You will always find people complaining. It's pointless really.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:42:10 AM

Bitcoin WAS the one in a lifetime get-rich-quick opportunity. I readed about it back in about 2009, I saw it linked to criminal activity so forgot about it. I saw it again years later when the bubble exploded, too fucking late johnny boy. Fuck my luck. It's specially frustrating since I readed about it in fucking 2009. Thanks to it im suicidal since that day. I could have retired my entire fucking family and myself, but no! of course, I had to have bad fucking luck. Now im stuck in this shit hole for life, slaving away for minimum wage and that's if I ever find a job. God fucking sakes. Bitcoin solves shit nothing for the 99.99% of people. What changed pre-post Bitcoin for 99.99% of people? That's right, bout fucking nothing. If I had to point a change, in any case it made me suicidal as fuck. Whenever I talk to someone about Bitcoin, they just don't see the appeal, they think it's too late to invest, to make any life-changing money, at least not without having a shit ton of money required to buy a good amount of BTC by now. Exactly, BTC only changed lives for these that:

1) Were lucky as fuck enough to invest/mine in the early days.
2) Already had a decent amount of money

You've been suicidal since 2009 because you didn't get in early? Are you suicidal because you didn't win the lottery either? My goodness, stop being overly dramatic about it. You read about it in 2009, you had ever opportunity to get in, but you made a conscious decision to not get any. How is that something to bitch about? You did not support it back then, and did absolutely nothing to help the technology grow. What makes you think you deserve any of the high profits of early adopters? It's always funny to see people use their Hindsight Crystal Ball for investing.

If you want a chance to get lucky like early adopters of btc, there are hundreds of altcoins you can gamble with. Go buy some for dirt cheap right now and hold for several years. You too, can become a millionaire.

No, since 2012 because I forgot about Bitcoin as it was linked constantly to drugs and paedofilia so I ignored the whole thing, I dont want to be involved in that shit I thought.
Yes most people that got rich was due luck. Why do I do not deserve said luck, specifically?
Also no, no other coin will deliver the ridiculous results Bitcoin gave. And these that do deliver decent gains like DRK, require that you are involved within the obligatory instamine scam (aka right moment right time aka luck as always).

giveBTCpls

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:44:41 AM

More than unfair what's being discussed is it was just pure fucking luck. Most people that got rich forgot about their wallets and got the coins for mundane shit, such as buying drugs in SilkRoad or mining some for shits and giggles, not because they knew the price would explode.

If someone has managed to hold a large chunk of coins from 2010-11 until today, it has nothing to do with luck.

I understand that it's easier for you to pretend that it does though.

If someone managed to hold a large chunk of coins from 2010-11 until today, it has to do 100% with luck, aka forgeting about it and then finding out you are rich thanks to mainstream news.

http://news.sky.com/story/1161340/bitcoin-man-buys-flat-with-forgotten-fortune

Mr Koch, now 29 and working as an engineer, only remembered the investment in April this year when he read an article about the soaring value of bitcoins.

His 5,000 bitcoins were suddenly worth around £430,000.

After spending a full day trying to remember his password, Mr Koch cashed in £116,000 by selling a fifth of his newly-acquired fortune.

This is the typical guy that got rich off Bitcoin. At least this guy was somewhat involved in crypto as an engineer, but the rest where just random people wanting to buy ilegal shit on SilkRoad and mining them then forgeting about them. Get real.

giveBTCpls

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:45:46 AM

Bitcoin WAS the one in a lifetime get-rich-quick opportunity. I readed about it back in about 2009, I saw it linked to criminal activity so forgot about it. I saw it again years later when the bubble exploded, too fucking late johnny boy. Fuck my luck. It's specially frustrating since I readed about it in fucking 2009. Thanks to it im suicidal since that day. I could have retired my entire fucking family and myself, but no! of course, I had to have bad fucking luck. Now im stuck in this shit hole for life, slaving away for minimum wage and that's if I ever find a job. God fucking sakes. Bitcoin solves shit nothing for the 99.99% of people. What changed pre-post Bitcoin for 99.99% of people? That's right, bout fucking nothing. If I had to point a change, in any case it made me suicidal as fuck. Whenever I talk to someone about Bitcoin, they just don't see the appeal, they think it's too late to invest, to make any life-changing money, at least not without having a shit ton of money required to buy a good amount of BTC by now. Exactly, BTC only changed lives for these that:

1) Were lucky as fuck enough to invest/mine in the early days.
2) Already had a decent amount of money

You've been suicidal since 2009 because you didn't get in early? Are you suicidal because you didn't win the lottery either? My goodness, stop being overly dramatic about it. You read about it in 2009, you had ever opportunity to get in, but you made a conscious decision to not get any. How is that something to bitch about? You did not support it back then, and did absolutely nothing to help the technology grow. What makes you think you deserve any of the high profits of early adopters? It's always funny to see people use their Hindsight Crystal Ball for investing.

If you want a chance to get lucky like early adopters of btc, there are hundreds of altcoins you can gamble with. Go buy some for dirt cheap right now and hold for several years. You too, can become a millionaire.

Actually thats all he did since Nov 2013 (joined date). He came in here hoping to have some "luck" with alt-coins. I guess that failed miserably... His idea of "financial freedom" is retiring and never need to "work", that he should be rich. So hes been complaining that btc does not give him that. He never see btc as "money" just a get-rich-quick scheme. A perfect example i would say.

I still dont think hes worth living tho. This planet is already too crowded with idiots.

Reality check: No one gives a fuck about Bitcoin beyond investing and hoping it grows in value to cash out. Guess who's the idiot.

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:47:25 AM

More than unfair what's being discussed is it was just pure fucking luck. Most people that got rich forgot about their wallets and got the coins for mundane shit, such as buying drugs in SilkRoad or mining some for shits and giggles, not because they knew the price would explode.

If someone has managed to hold a large chunk of coins from 2010-11 until today, it has nothing to do with luck.

I understand that it's easier for you to pretend that it does though.

If someone managed to hold a large chunk of coins from 2010-11 until today, it has to do 100% with luck, aka forgeting about it and then finding out you are rich thanks to mainstream news.

http://news.sky.com/story/1161340/bitcoin-man-buys-flat-with-forgotten-fortune

Mr Koch, now 29 and working as an engineer, only remembered the investment in April this year when he read an article about the soaring value of bitcoins.

His 5,000 bitcoins were suddenly worth around £430,000.

After spending a full day trying to remember his password, Mr Koch cashed in £116,000 by selling a fifth of his newly-acquired fortune.

This is the typical guy that got rich off Bitcoin. At least this guy was somewhat involved in crypto as an engineer, but the rest where just random people wanting to buy ilegal shit on SilkRoad and mining them then forgeting about them. Get real.

The typical guy never forgot or sold so many.
giveBTCpls

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:52:25 AM

Can you read?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 11:56:15 AM

Can you read?

Yes and I explained that he is not the typical Bitcoin investor, mr. giveBTCpls who doesn't like Bitcoin because he doesn't have any.
giveBTCpls

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 12:03:54 PM

Can you read?

Yes and I explained that he is not the typical Bitcoin investor, mr. giveBTCpls who doesn't like Bitcoin because he doesn't have any.

Prove it.

peperapijames

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 01:42:26 PM

its easier for people to wallow in self pity than to join the bitcoin movement,well anyway their loss! Undecided
emeraldforce

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:26:12 PM

All is fair in love and bitcoin!
earnabit

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:38:11 PM

I feel like Bitcoin's technical implementation is very strong, but the biggest issue going forward is how uneven the distribution of bitcoin is. Our best hope is that the price slowly goes up giving average apeople a chance to buy in before all their fiat become worthless
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
July 14, 2014, 02:40:36 PM

Please show me investment that does not need "deep understanding" and is easy accessable to everyone? No? None? Well of course! If it was so obvious everyone would jump in at same time and noone would make any money. Bes tprofit is not where "everyone" is but in places where only few go.

spooderman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:45:23 PM

beautiful sunsets are unfair to the blind. Let's destroy the sun.

Society doesn't scale.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2014, 09:56:42 PM

I feel like Bitcoin's technical implementation is very strong, but the biggest issue going forward is how uneven the distribution of bitcoin is. Our best hope is that the price slowly goes up giving average apeople a chance to buy in before all their fiat become worthless
This matter exactly why? Because FIAT is equally distributed?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2014/01/23/the-85-richest-people-in-the-world-have-as-much-wealth-as-the-3-5-billion-poorest/

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 01:57:52 AM

beautiful sunsets are unfair to the blind. Let's destroy the sun.

FYI:
Your current 'activity number' = Activity: 420
Your 'Personal Text:' = "blaze it fgt"

Really good pot is unfair to people who don't have enough money, let's destroy all the weed.  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: