Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:00:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719045 times)
gerb

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 03:59:47 PM

If $LISK did it, $IOC will do it too!! I expect a next leg up to 80k-100k or more  Grin
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2017, 04:23:41 PM

Still waiting patiently.  I really, really want to see working DIONS.  Have a bunch of things I would like to try to do with it.  Will be fun.  Love waiting for toys!
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:28:22 AM

Well, interesting times now.  IOC will likely benefit now from also being an affordable gateway into BTC....   I am thinking $5 is way too cheap now.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 11:36:24 AM

Lol, or everyone dumps out!
dirty_vagrant

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2017, 03:22:46 PM

Super excited about DIONS. Hoping I can finally get my coins staking properly with it, but buying more in the meantime either way.

Also thankful for this coin shining a light on exactly how shitty poloniex is, have moved everything out of there and won't be going back.
Aceanyth

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:26:46 AM

So I invested 11k in anticipation of the DIONS.

My average stake is 0.1 per day, that's 7 cents per day.
25.55 USD per year.

Is this an accurate figure? If yes this coin is like LBRY to much inflation into the wrong hands.
Even a bank gives me 0.5% interest which is  55 bucks a year, double of what IOC does....

Another question
Is it Bittrex or the network. Everytime I withdraw it takes an hour to get it into my wallet.
Bittrex shows me TX id and if i look it up it's nowhere to be found. in the explorer

I had the same with polo and blackcoin, but I would assume if IOC is way faster?
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 01:44:11 AM

So I invested 11k in anticipation of the DIONS.

My average stake is 0.1 per day, that's 7 cents per day.
25.55 USD per year.

Is this an accurate figure? If yes this coin is like LBRY to much inflation into the wrong hands.
Even a bank gives me 0.5% interest which is  55 bucks a year, double of what IOC does....

Another question
Is it Bittrex or the network. Everytime I withdraw it takes an hour to get it into my wallet.
Bittrex shows me TX id and if i look it up it's nowhere to be found. in the explorer

I had the same with polo and blackcoin, but I would assume if IOC is way faster?
maximum staking rate is 2%...with approx. with half of all IOC coins staking the most you will earn 1%.  if you have 11,000 ioc...you should earn 110 ioc per year...think that's almost $90 per year at current exchange
if you have $11k usd worth of ioc...maybe slightly different calculation....depends when you bought it but it should be earning again 1% or $110 per year.
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 05:24:28 PM

Hey guys I am hoping someone can help clarify the underlying blockchain technology that IO Coin uses...

I see that the old wallet is just a standard QT wallet like all the bitcoin clones use but that wallet will be discontinued in favor of the HTML wallet.

But the HTML wallet can also take the same wallet.dat file as from the old wallet.

So I don't understand, is there new technology here or not? Will I/O coin be using the standard bitcoinesque blockchain and have additions built on top if it, or will there be totally new tech coming at some point?

Thanks!
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2017, 11:29:38 PM

The way I understand this so far is:

The HTML wallet will essentially be a gateway to allow information to be embedded in the chain and stored in the chain as preserved by the continuous building of the blockchain.

People will be able to use IOC as a server environment without having to need a server sitting in a warehouse somewhere by virtue of the nodes online and staking.

Wallets will be able to be identified with a name instead of a key. 

There is a chat (messaging) feature that will enable someone to either broadcast across the network or broadcast to a selected group through the blockchain.  Again, no fixed servers needed.

There will be API access to the wallet to allow program (apps) to be made with the purpose of using the IOC blockchain to enable transfer of information through the blockchain (same as chat, but with personalized info)

Each of these functions requires IOC to make it work and the fees for entering the blockchain are paid back to the staking wallets that allow all this to work.

Please feel free to correct anything here if it is not right.  This is just what I get from the first info page.

I would say that as far as the chain technology, there is no real new stuff.  As far as how the chain is used, a lot of stuff to make the chain able to be used by every day people.  (something that is sorely needed in the coin world)

I am still blown away that this project is not much more popular than it is.  I think it will catch a lot of people by surprise when DIONS come out here shortly and people start figuring out what it can be used for.

I keep up with as many of these coins as I can, and this one is the most promising of the projects after the big two or three that everyone knows about.  I am as excited about DIONS as I was about $2800 Bitcoin.

There was a lot of talk about this coin being a $5 coin a while back.  That would seem to be a very low bar considering the money coming into coins now, covering that aspect of IOC as well.

DurbanPoison

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:25:56 AM

Thanks for the explanation kb4scv!

So there is definitely a ton of new awesome tech, and it looks like it will indeed be built on top of a POS style blockchain.

Is it safe to say they have addressed some of the limitations with the current blockchain tech in order to make IOC scalable?

Fishmaster42

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 02:50:34 AM

nice post man very informative. thank you. Fish
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 10:31:32 AM

So there is definitely a ton of new awesome tech, and it looks like it will indeed be built on top of a POS style blockchain.

Is it safe to say they have addressed some of the limitations with the current blockchain tech in order to make IOC scalable?

That is as I understand it so far.  One of the IOC guys would be best to confirm or elaborate.

My gut feeling is the only issue so far would be that the coin supply is limited if this becomes in high demand.  I normally do not like to advocate for more coins, but I really think that IOC might run into that problem.  It is an issue with one of the big coins (high value) that I believe is holding the usage back, might be the same here.

Can reserve judgement on that one until this gets out there.  I guess that would be a good problem for many of us.
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 28, 2017, 05:17:47 PM

blocktime is at 60 seconds so already 10x faster than btc.

cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:05:24 AM
Last edit: June 01, 2017, 10:00:32 AM by cryptocoinnl

Hey all,

We have a new update for you to share.

The last few weeks the team was regression testing the document upload and download section in the new HTML5 wallet and alias transfer. We are specifically working on the UI download handling (registry already worked, as well as the messaging invite and messaging itself).

Over the next few days we will start with the miscellaneous add-ons to the UI, enhancements Like creating a bootstrap, block switch test etc. We have also reached out to chainz (our Block explorer provider) and they will be pulling the source once we green for the new DIONS blockchain explorer.

After the miscellaneous feature tests and final regression tests we will also call a block when we will release. In the meantime we have cleaned up the code and we have invited third party devs  developers and soon exchanges look at the code, to check for things we could have overlooked. We are confident we will be able to call a block at some point this month. Exact block, pick date is not set and we will be awaiting the final tests and fixes. This is the Final stretch.

Marketing of DIONS

The team realizes that marketing of I/O Digital and DIONS is important for more buzz. Until now we did not actively market what we have because we wanted a finished product. We would like to add that we are a foundation and pay for all developments, and marketing as well, from our own pockets. The last few weeks we had some nice foundation donations which we really appreciate. We will use these donations for marketing purposes. We would all benefit if we can do great marketing but marketing / advertising / press have a price tag to it. So thank you for all the donations. If you would like to contribute with a donation, please go to http://iodigital.io/donate-to-the-foundation/ - you can also donate by sending a PayPal payment to paypal@iodigital.io

The marketing of the DIONS release will be coordinated by the country managers team. We have sat together and discussed the things we wanted to do for marketing and also had input from community members. We have a wish list and would also like ideas from the community or maybe even involvement from the community to share, like and post info about DIONS everywhere you can. We as a team cannot do this alone. So marketing-wise we have full focus and are fine tuning the details. But again, depending on available budget we need to be resourceful. We already have a new iocoin website ready which will be launched at DIONS launch.

Some examples of advertising / marketing we have on our wishlist:
  • Facebook ads
  • Twitter ads
  • Twitter TVE
  • Google Adwords
  • Press releases to all major press sites
  • Interviews for magazines (online and offline)
  • I/O Coin Faucet
  • Bittrex featured coin
  • Advertise on several websites

And we will do a roadshow to all of our private and business partners as well attending events that will be suitable for us to attend.

So if you have any more ideas or can help out in any way, please contact Richard in Slack or richard@iodigital.io

European FinTech Awards
This week we had some great news about being added to the shortlist again for becoming a European FinTech award winner in the Blockchain category. We have made it to the finals earlier so lets try to win this time with the release of DIONS. More information will be announced due time.

IBM
As you have read in the earlier communications we released, we have been asked by IBM to participate in their partnership program through Hyperledger. After discussing it with Mr. Antonioni we believe that there is a better route and we are now working on a presentation and a letter to be sent to IBM via Mr Antonioni.

Personal and exclusive dinner with large banks / corporations
The team of I/O Digital (Richard) has been invited to join an exclusive dinner meeting with COO’s / Directors of large banks and insurance companies to discuss Blockchain possibilities in their business. Top ranked executives will be present there.
Some of the confirmed names are:

AMIR AROONI, CIO, NN Group
JAN ROBAT, Senior Vice President, ABN AMRO Bank
ERIK HIETKAMP, Director ICT, Aegon Nederland
MARCEL VAN DE LUSTGRAAF, Director IT&C, VIVAT Verzekeringen
KEES TUIJNMAN, Director ICT, ASR  
WOUTER HAASLOOP WERNER, vmg CIO, Maxeda and Vitens

We accepted the invite and will join this meeting with pride and will show them what I/O Digital can do for them.

Community

The last few weeks the community has grown a lot. In Slack we are over 500 subscribers and our newsletter is over 250 subscribers already and our Facebook page 1900 fans. Thanks for all your support. We are a small team, but together with you guys and girls we can make it happen!

We added a new country manager to the team as well to help us out in the region he is in and helping the whole community and I/O Digital forward.
We welcome Alex as Country Manager USA North West.

For the new people that don't know what the DIONS project (I/O Coin upgrade) is, please check www.iodigital.io/dions
Recently we also gave a live demo of the functional new HMTL5 wallet with the features integrated. Please see below for the YouTube video:

What can DIONS do?
We get this question a lot. A short answer is: put data up to 1mb in the Blockchain and use the Blockchain to store this data de-centrally.

Long answer:
We provide the storage and you provide the application. Whatever you do with the data its up to you. Yes, we do have the HTML5 wallet application with document storage capabilities, a messaging application and alias system. Basically that is an application, created by us, using the I/O Digital Blockchain. So you can create or connect your own application or service if you want and benefit from all these great de-central Blockchain features.

You can create any application that wants to store data in a Blockchain, you can use the I/O Digital Blockchain.
If you want to make a Smart contract platform that acts on data from a Blockchain, you can use the I/O Digital Blockchain. If you want to enable decentralized messaging in your game or application, you can use the I/O Digital Blockchain. If you want to store legal documents and have the ability to transfer them to another party or print a proof of ownership, you can do that with the I/O Digital Blockchain. Basically, we are open for any type of business or application that wants to utilize Blockchain data technology for their applications or business process. Thats HUGE. If you are interested in talking to us about your ideas or application, please contact us at www.iodigital.io/contact-us

We look forward to call the DIONS Block any time soon while we wait for final tests and source code check by developers and exchanges.

Team I/O Digital

VintageBazaar

Activity: 623
Merit: 279

Hope & Positivity are keys to Success

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 09:31:26 AM

Great work Guys Keep it up.

Regarding the Marketing.

Some examples of advertising / marketing we have on our wishlist:
Facebook ads
Twitter ads
Twitter TVE
Google Adwords
Press releases to all major press sites
Interviews for magazines (online and offline)
I/O Coin Faucet
Bittrex featured coin
Advertise on several websites

What seems to work best is simply getting yourself out there to Events to meet the public, the above is ok as a addition to the first mentioned.  But ideally you guys need to be attending a lot more conferences.

Many coins have the most success by going to and appearing at conferences  (Stratis being a classic example) This is where you will get the attention and the attention of the right people.

All the above, "facebook, twitter, google adwrods, press release, faucet, bittrex," will have little effect.

All the best.  Smiley

Believe in the impossible and make it Possible.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 10:06:07 AM

You need to work out some deals with businesses to get coupons or discounts for products that you can store on the blockchain and distribute to IOC wallets through it.  Make the discounts pay for what little IOC would be needed or make it worth the time for anyone to want to download the wallet to receive the financial incentive. 

I am assuming you can broadcast to entire network over the messenger when you want to.

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 11:43:45 AM

I would diversify the marketing to
> 1 Getting crypto investors interested by marketing focussed on crypto sites blogs and social media. Perhaps let the community/ country managers handle that

> 2 Getting business in with coupons (see above). Executed by the core team.

This way resources will be efficiently spent and where needed delegated.

P.S. The video is awesome.

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:41:32 PM

This also looks to be a great distribution system.  When you create an Alias and upload a file to it, can the wallet then have an option to duplicate the Alias automatically.  For example, I upload a book to an Alias and I want to sell or give it to someone.  When I make that sell or choice to send, have an option to replicate the Alias with a unique identifier (to differentiate from original)  to automatically make another entry ready to go for the next sale or give away.

I like the idea that if I am a vender selling items, I can take payment, send a file, have another ready to go for next sale, and, on top of that, all my customers can be contacted through the chat system. 

It looks like that if you were an active vender, the rewards for staking would probably pay for cost of creating Alias' to send items.  I would suspect cost even out fairly well at a point if you staked enough to cover transactions out.

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:48:09 PM

Also, about Masternode vs staking.  Either one earns you coins for holding coins.  Both systems work well to pay investors back.  The Masternode system runs into problems with liquidity as you all stated in the video. You may well run into that also.  (Very good problem to have)

It looks like your system will reward early investors as well as any out there. 

The biggest issue is adoption.  Make it work and make it work for everyone.  Your entire vision.  Keep it going the way you are. 

The coin world is sleeping on you guys.  When the coin world figures this out, look out!

My favorite principle: Keep it Simple Stupid!

kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
June 01, 2017, 12:55:09 PM

Would also get your marketing team to work with Coinbase and anyone else out there that can sell coins via a cash account.  Maybe a gateway thru the wallet to start a Coinbase account.  Have to have a method of getting IOC coins into the hands of people that have no idea how to get them.

That is why I like the discounts for items or services so much.  A way to make it important for people to want to have IOC.

I would even go as far as to suggest that an account be set up to receive transaction fees and that those fees be used to be distributed to new users through whatever type of give away you can come up with.  Get the wallets out there and get a little IOC in them for people to get to use it a little to start.  Target cell phone users.  Big market, needs simple apps to transact.

Pages: « 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 [211] 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: