Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 06:12:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719043 times)
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 03:59:11 PM

If you're not on the team then you cant speak for the team. IOC cannot be trusted until they show us who the real developers are, why is the dev team anonymous? Is there even a dev team at all? The only guys running the show are a ragtag rapper and an unknown guy who works for an e-commerce company, both of whom are not coders, very shady. And there is no code to show, and dions has been "in testing and almost ready for release" for over 2 years now. There was also a pump and dump of this coin recently. I want to believe that this coin can do all that it claims, but it just sounds too good to be true and reeks of a SCAM.

You made an account just to type this fud? 2 posts on us.  Dions is open source on github, I smell concern from a failed ICO, we are getting close to releasing the real deal. :-)   https://github.com/IOCoin/DIONS
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:04:46 PM

If you're not on the team then you cant speak for the team. IOC cannot be trusted until they show us who the real developers are, why is the dev team anonymous? Is there even a dev team at all? The only guys running the show are a ragtag rapper and an unknown guy who works for an e-commerce company, both of whom are not coders, very shady. And there is no code to show, and dions has been "in testing and almost ready for release" for over 2 years now. There was also a pump and dump of this coin recently. I want to believe that this coin can do all that it claims, but it just sounds too good to be true and reeks of a SCAM.

If you have researched and/or followed IOC and this is what you have concluded, best you sell out and move on to another coin.  Good luck, you will need it.........
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:27:09 PM

I think i know you. The guy we removed from slack twice harassing the community and team members. Welcome to bitcointalk. Found a place to fud.
Since you are a newbie please go through our thread and give yourself some time to learn about the project. Then you would have seen everything is open source, the team shows face, community members are testing the new wallet (yes not the team itself only)... but you have already read that in our slack channel.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:30:09 PM

27 days left on counter until block call.  Team is testing DIONS with a group of users until end of countdown. 

On block call, new wallet will be made available and there will be two weeks or so to upgrade wallet.

Waiting on new wallet for any new exchanges that add IOC.

Getting close to next step for IOC.

Is it really going to release this time? You said the same thing last year, when you claimed to win fintech and with the same timer bs but nothing happened.

in fact we did win the public votes last year and the timer was for the new website iodigital.io back then. We never had a timer for DIONS release.
You probably forgot since you are new here.
aleet

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 04:49:11 PM

Well hello /biz/tards, nice to see some of you here.

@everyone
This is the exact copy paste from a thread on /biz/ yesterday. Move along guys, don't feed the troll.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

So I guess thats what you use your slack for? Coordinating attacks on community members who ask questions? Nice back to back aggressive responses minutes apart. I don't know who you think I am and am sorry if you're mad at me for asking genuine questions, but I like to do my due diligence before investing. Very unprofessional and threatening tone from IOC, maybe you're right and its not a scam, but it sure seems like a very poorly managed team.

Maybe you should look up the phrase due diligence.  Posting opinions about a project that reflect the fact the you clearly have not done much research is not due diligence.

If, as I suspect, you do know all about IOC and just wanted to post negative, then it is FUD. 

Either way, there are many avenues to the info you seek and anyone who follows the first page of the forum, or the website, or slack, can get their own answers.  If they read your post and turn away from IOC because of your opinions, then they probably don't need to be investing money in coins yet.  They are not ready.

If you are so easily offended, you need to clearly learn a lot more before you invest in coins.  That is not hostile, just a friendly observation.

IOC is not a pump and dump.  It is a serious project with a large, loyal following who will defend the project whenever people try to mess with it.  A trait of many projects with loyal followers.

To anyone investing in coins:  If you are not comfortable with any project, don't invest in it, period.  There are lots of scams and shit coins out there.  Do your homework and decide for yourself.

Also, there are always people playing games on the forums and in slacks.  All part of the games played in coins.  Learn it and deal with it.  It happens.  People who are seriously trying to learn about a coin never start by posting negative opinions to start crap.  That is not research or interest. 
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2017, 08:48:31 PM

So I guess thats what you use your slack for? Coordinating attacks on community members who ask questions? Nice back to back aggressive responses minutes apart. I don't know who you think I am and am sorry if you're mad at me for asking genuine questions, but I like to do my due diligence before investing. Very unprofessional and threatening tone from IOC, maybe you're right and its not a scam, but it sure seems like a very poorly managed team.

Maybe you should look up the phrase due diligence.  Posting opinions about a project that reflect the fact the you clearly have not done much research is not due diligence.

If, as I suspect, you do know all about IOC and just wanted to post negative, then it is FUD. 

Either way, there are many avenues to the info you seek and anyone who follows the first page of the forum, or the website, or slack, can get their own answers.  If they read your post and turn away from IOC because of your opinions, then they probably don't need to be investing money in coins yet.  They are not ready.

If you are so easily offended, you need to clearly learn a lot more before you invest in coins.  That is not hostile, just a friendly observation.

IOC is not a pump and dump.  It is a serious project with a large, loyal following who will defend the project whenever people try to mess with it.  A trait of many projects with loyal followers.

To anyone investing in coins:  If you are not comfortable with any project, don't invest in it, period.  There are lots of scams and shit coins out there.  Do your homework and decide for yourself.

Also, there are always people playing games on the forums and in slacks.  All part of the games played in coins.  Learn it and deal with it.  It happens.  People who are seriously trying to learn about a coin never start by posting negative opinions to start crap.  That is not research or interest. 

Thats all good. Why are the devs anonymous? Names? Photos? Who is Derek Hatton? Does he even exist? The dev team is the most important for any project, and that is the part you refuse shed light on. Asking here because that info is not available anywhere. If there is, please direct me.

Joel and Richard are around all the time.  Joel is the primary Dev who is known and has a reputation to protect.  That is much more than many of the coins out there.  The roles the others play have been talked about many times and a large group of people are fine with these guys and what they are doing.  Joel is much more that a rag-tag rapper, he is a very serious individual with experience in crypto and computer software.  Richard is doing great work for the coin with business contacts.  They are both open and approachable on slack.  They do not hide from anyone.

To start a thread insulting people implies you either don't know anything about them, or do, and treat them with contempt.  Not any way to transition into any argument that someone else is unprofessional.   

Of course, anyone truly researching a coin to invest money, and is clearly concerned about it, should have already signed up and at least followed slack for some time now.  That would be a professional move.   

If that is not good enough for you, then I would say you should move on since you are clearly uncomfortable with IOC and not willing or able to glean enough information out of the forum or slack to make a decision.  Either way, good luck.

KrisCalaBow

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2017, 03:01:57 PM

27 days left on counter until block call.  Team is testing DIONS with a group of users until end of countdown. 

On block call, new wallet will be made available and there will be two weeks or so to upgrade wallet.

Waiting on new wallet for any new exchanges that add IOC.

Getting close to next step for IOC.

Is it really going to release this time? You said the same thing last year, when you claimed to win fintech and with the same timer bs but nothing happened.

I'm sorry that it had came to that last year. We jumped the gun on the PR and other things, but this time, its definitively different. As other community member has stated, we're working with members on testing the wallet privately and the code is ready and all.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:00:52 AM

Update

During the last few weeks the team has been very busy to proceed with the upcoming DIONS launch and following up on contacts we made at the FinTech awards in Brussels. Normally the core team is always present - almost day and night - to answer questions in Slack, Twitter, Telegram, Discord, Facebook and E-mail. So many channels. Because of our final stretch we already announced three weeks ago that these are busy times and we cannot be present the same way we were. Especially not now. We have a great community manager (Newton) and country managers that are available for any question.

We have been developing (and funding development of) the I/O Digital Blockchain since 2014 and never stopped working on it. So many projects died in the meantime or delivered nothing but a bad wallet or non-working technology that costs people their precious money. I have personally seen some FUD regarding someone saying we left the project. What? Why would be abandon a great project where we have put in our life savings and countless hours. After these years the original team is still working on a daily basis and stronger then ever. We are building an ecosystem and blockchain platform from the ground up and DIONS is just the base layer for great future things to come.

Countdown and final community testing
So the countdown started two weeks ago and counting down to the official block call. (iocoin.io)
Our testnet where we developed and tested the DIONS upgrade the last year is now gone and we started to test with selected and long term I/O Digital community members. We are setting up their machines for final testing. Mine (w10) and Joel’s is done. Now setting up the others as well. So this and next week we will be very busy testing the wallets in local machines windows Linux and macOS.

We are basically testing the normal wallet features and specific DIONS features. We are also doing a fork dry run. Next to that i'm personally following up the meetings i had at the Brussels FinTech awards as well and other business meetings. We aer working on the press release for DIONS that is almost ready to go. Next week a nice appointment with Deloitte as well for some future things we are planning. So very very busy guys.

Block call
If we do not find any new significant issue in our software then we will do a block call when the timer is at 0. We have tested the environment for the last 5 months in our testlab. We are confident we can call a block, but if we experience a security / stability issue we -could- postpone a bit. Until now everything looks great and the wallet is functioning very well. Securing your IOC tokens, wallet / blockchain security and usability is key priority for us. We don't just release but you will know that by now ;-)

If we call a block then we will release the installers of the different HTML5 wallet versions. People will need to upgrade their local wallet to the new released version. At that called block number the DIONS features will be activated. Between countdown 0 en actual DIONS release is about roughly two / two and a half weeks (depending on Block speed and block we call) for people to upgrade. An upgrade guide / FAQ will be made due time. The team will be present to support people in their upgrade. So;

- Timer at 0
- Uninstall current wallet and install / sync the new wallet during the two weeks activation period
- When block passes: DIONS activated

The road to release
Some people ask us why we said in 2016 we would launch the DIONS upgrade and we didn't. Thats a good question.
The original DIONS white paper - released back in 2015 - thought of a "key/value pair solution" in the Blockchain. The core idea was a decentralized alias system. We started to realize we could do much more and went way beyond the white paper. We added a very thorough encryption layer, we added a messaging system, we added document storage with the ability to transfer that to another user, we added a whole new interface, we added a Linux distribution, we upgraded the Proof of Stake model, we upgraded to 4MB blocks and a lot more under the hood. This is how things go and evolve.

You start with something and get more ideas along the way but also bump your head hundreds of times because in theory it can be done, but adding it to a decentralized blockchain is something else. Features we added are not just copied / paste. We had to think of them, we had to think of a solution. Many times we thought we had a good solution but came back to us and we had to rethink and redo the feature. We interviewed 30 developers that we wanted to hire to come up with a wallet compile solution for OSX. All said they could do the trick and had experience in the area we requested. 29 failed. We keep dealing with these things and managed to make a blockchain that none has made before.

These are the things a team like ours had to cope with. When we started we underestimated the huge-ness of the project greatly. Its massive. But nevertheless we sticked with the plan we started three years ago and are still continuing to do so. We are not let down by fudders, price action or anything else because we know what we do and managed to get this far without any massive ICO. We are a professional team with our credibility on the line and we act like that. The recent Spero Research report acknowledges this. (http://www.speroresearch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/IOC-Report-Final.pdf)

Important weeks ahead! stick with us and enjoy this upcoming release,

Team I/O Digital

nial

Activity: 19

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:27:35 AM

nice update Smiley
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:13:32 PM

Lots of high flying claims, no answer to the ONE question that was asked. DEREK HATTON, your lead developer, who is he? Who are the rest of the dev team? Don't say joel and richard, as they are not the actual devs but just frontmen. Your own website does not list them as devs. Your own website says Derek Hatton is lead dev, and the rest of the dev team is just made up names (assuming derek hatton isnt made up himself).

Then move on.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:37:07 PM

Lots of high flying claims, no answer to the ONE question that was asked. DEREK HATTON, your lead developer, who is he? Who are the rest of the dev team? Don't say joel and richard, as they are not the actual devs but just frontmen. Your own website does not list them as devs. Your own website says Derek Hatton is lead dev, and the rest of the dev team is just made up names (assuming derek hatton isnt made up himself).

Then move on.

So you flat out refuse to give us details of the dev team? I wonder why that might be. Doesn't seem very trustworthy to say the least

To a new account that doesn't listen to long time members who follow and know this is all legit.  No, grow up or move on.  Since you are pushing so hard to FUD and that is all you have, this is obviously not a project for you.  You don't trust it then there is no reason to keep posting like a 12 year old not getting his way.  You stated your concerns and anyone reading this can make up their own minds.  

People from businesses around the world don't agree to lend their names and reputations to projects unless they are convinced it is all good.  People in coins see your account and know exactly why you are posting.  If they don't, they don't belong here either.  They would not be ready to put money at risk.

All the details are on their site.  Anyone that can read can find out all there is to find out about IOC.  And if there is not enough info for you or them, find a project that makes you happy.

And, it is also pretty funny a person who has probably been in coins for a while has to create a new account and hide behind it to post FUD.  So, are you just projecting?  Seems like it, because if you are truly that new, then you are in way in over head if you think these guys are hiding stuff.  I would suggest studying several other coins and find out just how bad it is with some.  Although, I would guess you already know that.......
Businessapps

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:17:55 PM

I’m super stoked about DIONS release. The wallet looks great and easy to use tooo.
KrisCalaBow

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 06:35:26 AM

Can't wait to reply again after DIONS release with this specific fud in mind Smiley I didn't even know that there was fud around until I came back to btctalk lol. I'll hodl my coins and stake as hard as I can.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:11:21 PM

Then move on.

So you flat out refuse to give us details of the dev team? I wonder why that might be. Doesn't seem very trustworthy to say the least

Hi, no we don't give personal details about our lead developer. You ask who Derek Hatton is.. Well, hes name is Derek Hatton. You are welcome!
Thats the answer we give you.

If you are such a "trust sensitive guy" then check out the source code. In many - if not most - open source projects nobody knows the contributing developers. No need to. People who really know what they are talking about will check the source code because it is publicly available. So you are welcome to check that. We also hire other developers through different freelance channels. You hold some BTC as well i think. You know all these developers? If you still don't like it: move along.

Thank you
Richard
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:12:36 PM

Hey,

A sneak preview of our new HTML5 wallet testing:

https://vimeo.com/238303390

Running fast and smoothly!!

Cheers
Richard
cohnhead

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 08:57:06 PM

Hey,

A sneak preview of our new HTML5 wallet testing:

https://vimeo.com/238303390

Running fast and smoothly!!

Cheers
Richard

thanks for posting that. great innovation. kudos team.

I think a new standard has been set for functionality and graphical interfaces for all wallets to come
Skrodk

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 11:22:02 PM

Hey guys, first off, loving the project!

Second off, i got a couple of questions:

Can i stake the coin right now? Or do i need a certain number or something? Right now they are just sitting on an exchange.

And is IOC a new seperate blockchain?

Thanks a lot.
KrisCalaBow

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:04:37 AM

Hey guys, first off, loving the project!

Second off, i got a couple of questions:

Can i stake the coin right now? Or do i need a certain number or something? Right now they are just sitting on an exchange.

And is IOC a new seperate blockchain?

Thanks a lot.

Welcome ! you can stake right now using ioc current html5 wallet or qt wallet. ioc blockchain was developed since 2014. No new chain, but we will be forking to the dions chain once everything is ready (check iocoin.io for the blockcall).

Ask away Wink
KrisCalaBow

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:07:06 AM

AND? not sure what your point is. Derek Hatton is Derek Hatton. what u want. If you dont like it move along

Derek is not hiding, nor is he a pre-mined fud type dev. He is here to stay and have been staying along with richard and joel. IOC isnt here to just scam, literally our product is working unlike most out there that is shilling with ico funds and having a great mcap bigger than ours. With the call for more info on derek, think ioc team addressed it before that Derek is focusing on development so not frequently around. Plus, think a developer works best when there's not much fud going around that he has to address.
Pages: « 1 ... 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 [221] 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: