Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:17:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bounty for Bitcoin Animated Movie [won]  (Read 88204 times)
Bitcoiner

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 01:29:54 PM

I'm in for 50 given Satoshi's OK Wink

Want to thank me for this post? Donate here! Flip your coins over to: 13Cq8AmdrqewatRxEyU2xNuMvegbaLCvEe  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kwukduck
Legendary

Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 03:09:19 PM

That would be realy nice to see! It will clear a lot of misunderstandings.

Still have to generate my first 50 so ... guess i'm unlucky, i'll drop some if i made it and the video is correct and clear.

14b8PdeWLqK3yi3PrNHMmCvSmvDEKEBh3E
bytemaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2010, 03:32:33 PM

That would be realy nice to see! It will clear a lot of misunderstandings.

Still have to generate my first 50 so ... guess i'm unlucky, i'll drop some if i made it and the video is correct and clear.

I have yet to generate ANY BTC, but I went out and purchased some for this purpose.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 06:19:09 PM

Also, a powerpoint presentation might be handy in the future.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
jimbobway
Legendary

Activity: 1304
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 06:47:00 PM

I am interested in doing this movie but there are others that might be interested too.  Will this be a competition?  If so how will the bitcoins be distributed?  Thx.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 07:13:08 PM

That's some serious money for bitcoins. I'll donate 23.05 bitcoins.

bytemaster (OP)

fractally

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2010, 07:14:57 PM

Every movie approved by Satoshi will be put to a vote in a forum poll one week after the first submission is approved.  Coins sent to my escrow will be sent to the winner of the vote.  Everyone else who pledges will get to choose among approved submissions.

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12900

View Profile
August 04, 2010, 07:31:30 PM

I am interested in doing this movie but there are others that might be interested too.  Will this be a competition?  If so how will the bitcoins be distributed?  Thx.

Each of my prizes can only be won once (first video wins), but different videos can win different prizes. So all nine prizes will eventually be won. There's no time limit.

I'm only going to award my "merit prizes" if the point is covered very well. You'll have to devote at least 3-5 minutes of the video to the point.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2010, 04:16:20 AM

I'm going to give mine to the first adequate, but if a better one comes out shortly after I'll throw more for sure.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 05:27:26 PM

Don't know if I'll earn any bitcoins but here is a movie.  Enjoy!

http://www.bitcoinblogger.com/2010/08/how-to-make-bitcoins-tutorial.html
Insti

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

Firstbits: 1duzy

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 05:48:33 PM

Don't know if I'll earn any bitcoins but here is a movie.  Enjoy!

http://www.bitcoinblogger.com/2010/08/how-to-make-bitcoins-tutorial.html
I enjoyed Smiley
A+ would watch again.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 06:07:36 PM

I can't hear a thing.

jgarzik
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 06:51:48 PM

Cute.  5 BTC sent.

Jeff Garzik, Bloq CEO, former bitcoin core dev team; opinions are my own.
Visit bloq.com / metronome.io
Donations / tip jar: 1BrufViLKnSWtuWGkryPsKsxonV2NQ7Tcj
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 07:12:59 PM

I'm sorry, but I didn't care for it.  I makes a decent ad, which I imagine was the goal, but it will perpetuate the myth that bitcoins are comparable to gold.  This is not so, and should not be repeated.  The process may be an online comparable to mining for gold, but gold is hard money.  Bitcoins are not hard money.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 07:36:01 PM

I'm sorry, but I didn't care for it.  I makes a decent ad, which I imagine was the goal, but it will perpetuate the myth that bitcoins are comparable to gold.  This is not so, and should not be repeated.  The process may be an online comparable to mining for gold, but gold is hard money.  Bitcoins are not hard money.

From "the man with the master plan" himself:

It's the same situation as gold and gold mining.  The marginal cost of gold mining tends to stay near the price of gold.  Gold mining is a waste, but that waste is far less than the utility of having gold available as a medium of exchange.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 08:12:29 PM

It's the same situation as gold and gold mining.  The marginal cost of gold mining tends to stay near the price of gold.  Gold mining is a waste, but that waste is far less than the utility of having gold available as a medium of exchange.

That's what I said.  The video is misleading, and will perpetuate the 'good as gold' myth.  This is not something that we want to support.  It's only an analogy.

caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 08:19:54 PM

The process may be an online comparable to mining for gold, but gold is hard money.  Bitcoins are not hard money.

What's the definition of "hard money" ?
It's not "physical", otherwise printed dollars would be called so.

Bitcoins are a commodity, and can be compared to gold. Actually, it's even better, since one day the monetary base will freeze. Gold natural reserves won't run out so soon.
jimbobway
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2010, 09:07:38 PM

That's what I said.  The video is misleading, and will perpetuate the 'good as gold' myth.  This is not something that we want to support.  It's only an analogy.

I believe bitcoins will be better than gold!!!  Wahoo!!!
bytemaster (OP)

fractally

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2010, 11:56:03 PM

Nice video, but I would not post that on a website to explain to customers about bitcoin.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2010, 01:55:47 AM

The process may be an online comparable to mining for gold, but gold is hard money.  Bitcoins are not hard money.

What's the definition of "hard money" ?
It's not "physical", otherwise printed dollars would be called so.

Bitcoins are a commodity, and can be compared to gold. Actually, it's even better, since one day the monetary base will freeze. Gold natural reserves won't run out so soon.

"Hard money" is a commodity that is 1) durable 2) divisable and 3) difficult to fake and 4) difficult to produce.

Bitcoins are a currency, but neither are they backed by a commodity standard of any kind, nor do they represent an obligation (debt) of a bank or government like a fait currency.  Money can also be a currency, if they are minted into a standard denomination, but money does not have to be a currency.  But a paper currency is not money; at best, paper currencies are a symbol and substitute for the money.  Even this mush has not been the case anywhere in the world since the Swiss were pressured into dropping the gold standard.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: