I have some questions:
1. Is the bounty still in place?
2. Is anyone currently working at this project?
3. Bitcoin is 0.4 USD today, the bounty is 13.622.05, right?
I am setting up a team to discuss the script and animation details/effects of this animated movie that describes Bitcoin and it's economy. The team is consisted of graphic artists, video editors and professional photographers. We still need a voice that speaks fluently English (if someone wants to apply, a reading test will be required)
Estimated production time: ~8 weeks
Estimated lenght time: 10 minutes
Details: animated movie with voiceover (something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc
PLEASE COME WITH SUGGESTIONS BECAUSE WE WANT THE MOVIE TO BE AS ACCURATE AS POSSIBLE.
EDIT: The FIRST plot draft
1) How, why and when?
- Revelation 13 “No man shall buy or sell...”
- Bitcoin was created by a Japanese programmer named Satoshi Nakamoto in C++
- It was created as a mean to transfer value ***INNACURATE.
- The project was started in 2009 and had a small amount of followers
2) How it works?
- Explanation for: blocks, addresses, generation, alorithm *** NEEDS MORE DETAILS
- Explanation for P2P anonymous decentralized system (your own mint) *** DETAILS
- Cryptography and security
3) Comparison with cash and gold
- Gold: you mine bitcoin, limited supply, no intrisic value
- Cash: irreversible transactions, can be destroyed easily, divided up to 8 decimals
- Show that it was an economy-in-a-jar (you could and can learn a lot about economics by looking at the inception ad growth of bitcoin)
4) Originality of Bitcoin
- Show why it's nor gold, cash, a new PayPal or credit card. Explain it's a comodity,
- digital or virtual explanation *** I NEED MORE INFO!
- explain how loosing some bitcoins makes the others worth more (deflation)
- 21 milion maximum BTC. Explain what happens if all the world uses BTC (how much a gram of gold worths 0.00004 I.e.
- show why it' can't be counterfeit
5) Why does a bitcoin have any value?
- it is free from government control unless they shut down the internet
- shutting down internet will prevent most credit card systems from working too
- it's internet first and only currency (PayPal is not currency, it's a virtual dollar)***INNACU.
- it enables "cash-like" transactions across the internet
- it provides some degree of anonymity. (note: when used properly)
- it enables micro-payments
- it can be backed up
- the slashdot effect. Value before and after. Also show growth of services and goods
- other people are willing to trade goods/services for BTC *** SHOW TRADE PAGE.
- little or no transaction fees
-value today ( sum up daily transaction totals)
6) How do I keep it safe or know that a transaction is legit? How long does it take?
- compare risk to risk of a check bouncing or counterfeit cash
7) - compare risk to risk of a check bouncing or counterfeit cash
-if they steal your wallet.dat, if have no backup and realize too late, all bitcoins are lost. Show that with physical money is the same.
-hacker has to “spend” (even if to another address of his) coins because otherwise you can restore the backup wallet and spend them to another address of yours *** EXPLAIN WHY
- backup your wallet.dat file. It is hard to "backup" cash in your safe or wallet.
- scams (paying and not receiving goods/services)
- cell phone payment at merchants
- inflation hedge vs government printing press
- whole new types of start up businesses become possible by removing the
- overhead associated with accepting payments.
- explain how you could buy groceries, pay tickets ar bills with Bitcoin. *** SHOW ANIMATION OF FICTIOUS CHAR PAYING WITH BITCOIN.
- possible attacks on the network (govt. bans) *** WHAT OTHER ATTACKS?
- bitcoin generation possiblities (clouds, farms, cryptohardware)
CREDITS *** IF TEAM WANTS TO BE CREDITED.