Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN Antminer S3 support and OverClocking thread  (Read 158108 times)
InsomniaZombieDaemon

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:33:49 PM

A couple of things to note for you success with the S3..

- first is that half the info in this forum is outdated, invalid or was put together by an idiot to begin with so don't follow everything you read.  (such as reset 3 times to make it work once)

- second you don't explain yourself very well.  try leaving out all the extra junk and only mention your points so people can read and understand and actually help you in the correct manner.

So start with the password one, make sure nothing else is on your network or router or power supply.

- put a toothpick in the reset hole, feel around for the button properly, its actually a bit down from the hole, make sure you have actually pressed the button and not just squeeze a pencil in there and do nothing.

Press and hold the button for 5 seconds - release -- wait 3 minutes -- power off -- wait 10 seconds -- power back on -- wait 3 minutes and login to 192.168.1.99 ..

********  I bet you that will work.  assuming you can follow instructions
Sry but you realy did understand nothing! I have picked with something like a toothpick in the hole ... Few times and also have waited 3 minutes ... few times and also stick in the hole again .... a few times and then waited again the 3 minutes ... few times ... powered it off and on again ... few times and nothing done with this ... few times. I have looked many tutorials about it and read also instructions may i will not destroy him! So i've done this many times, so many i can't count anymore! But it get's to dumb with these to me so i set it in to ebay and buy better the S1's. And about the explaining: How can i describe you more that the LIBRARY is not found? How often must i told that when i will save something the page does not exist? I think the problem is a bug (Someone tolds me a while ago that's typical for the S3 Units) so i have to buy a debug adapter to USB and putty them to "firstboot" but in my opinion is that to much work and not a guarantee for me that this will never happened again. They get selled and problem is cleared! Thanks Wink
Darwin84

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:53:51 PM

Trust me buddy its you not the usb debugger or library or ebay seller.

I have read the nonsense you write and have already concluded you're a doorknob and that is why you are having these problems. Since you have 2 s3 and both have a problem its fair to say the odds are against you.

If you just do ** exactly ** as I said and then respond ** exactly ** with your result then someone can help you. but since you're so fkn dumb that I'm telling you start with A and do step A but instead you start with B and do step C then nobody can help you.

How can you even talk about a library when I told you to do the one with the password and reset to defaults. everyone of your problems are a piece of cake and I have solved them 10 times but you're too dumb to follow simple instruction and reply with a result.
gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:54:30 PM

Buy a new controller board and install that and try again.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Darwin84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:55:13 PM

*********  one more time because you may have missed it.  ************

If you just do ** exactly ** as I said and then respond ** exactly ** with your result then someone can help you.
Darwin84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:56:33 PM

******    I think that's not enough.. you need it to see it a few more times for your own good **********

If you just do ** exactly ** as I said and then respond ** exactly ** with your result then someone can help you.

Darwin84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:57:37 PM

guaranteed he will reply one more time telling us that we just don't understand its a library error
InsomniaZombieDaemon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:03:31 PM

No dumbass i reply to tell you the fuckin 1.00th time that RESET WILL NOT WORK !!! your fucking toothpick won't work a few times not only one time NO FEW TIMES I have done the reset shit few times and it still does nothing did you understand now??? Thanks to the otherone, i think when debugging will not work, the controlboard change is the easiest way but i sell them and i have two problems lost 1: the other guy Cheesy and the S3+'s Smiley
Darwin84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:11:24 PM

Now you guys see why you want avoid selling on ebay.  This is your default buyer. After bricking and blowing resetting 100 times he will say its sellers fault.

I just love how the tech tries to help the dumb and because the dumb can't read and follow instructions the tech becomes the dumbass in the end.

good luck idiot you are your own worst enemy.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:15:25 PM

Now you guys see why you want avoid selling on ebay.  This is your default buyer. After bricking and blowing resetting 100 times he will say its sellers fault.

I just love how the tech tries to help the dumb and because the dumb can't read and follow instructions the tech becomes the dumbass in the end.

good luck idiot you are your own worst enemy.

um.. to be fair, the seller on ebay should have reset the device before giving it to the guy with a non default password..

there was several firmwares that bitmain put on the s3 that the reset button didnt work. starting from like batch 3 or 4.

Darwin84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:45:09 PM

agreed the reset is nice but some people just can't be helped because they don't read or follow instructions. from what I gather seller one even put his btc address in there so it obviously worked until the day it was shipped and seller two has a password which means he's obviously looking at the password screen so that works as well. pretty sure nothing is dead except the poster.
InsomniaZombieDaemon

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:11:09 PM

agreed the reset is nice but some people just can't be helped because they don't read or follow instructions. from what I gather seller one even put his btc address in there so it obviously worked until the day it was shipped and seller two has a password which means he's obviously looking at the password screen so that works as well. pretty sure nothing is dead except the poster.
Thats absolutely wrong what you tell there! I followed the instructions from Bitmain Wink They said it's better to reset when you get one new so i#ve done it and the reset doesn't work, a few times i made it because in the internet you can find some threads about "not working reset" and when you read it you know that sometimes the reset at a s3 doesn't work, ok no problem, we can make it a lot of times because reseting a miner is not a damage to him. You only set him to basic configuration Wink but it worked already not so i came to here and ask what it will be, you guy tell me something about "didn't hear on anything about the internet" and " reset"  so all videos and threads about reseting a S3 were the same: let miner run for 3 minutes --> plug a thing in the hole on the right side of the Lan (you said Toothpick), hold it for about 10 seconds and after that wait 3 minutes ----> then stick in the hole with toothpick again and wait after that again 3 minutes than power it off and power it on ... thats nothing difficult even for my 4 year old son not and i've done it right the descriptions said, don't work! So whats in your opinion wrong with it?

I have no other miners or ip using things in my networkt the s3 are the only one there and i only pluged one to power supply not the two miners at the same time so what will you tell me about network when there is no other machine in the network configured outa the miner? And Darwin who i telled the seller is the fault? I only told that he doesn't give me the logindates and the other one doesn't reset the miner but what you said is already dumb like you are and from a person like you which can't help and can only talk shit i don't wanna any help so bye Darwin!  Wink
Darwin84

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 09:21:11 PM

again you're an idiot and nobody said that, or whoever said that is the one I told you to ignore in post #1

you weren't able to follow instructions from post 1 onwards so why would be able to now . good luck with your ebay purchase.
zOU

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:24:39 PM

Just wish I could find an updated miner monitor so I don't keep multiple tabs open

Try cryptoglance.

oh and @Darwin84: no amount of rudeness will help anyone, you first.

Nobody forces you to continue responding to InsomniaZombieDaemon and judging him.
Maybe he's wrong, maybe he isn't.

Just be cool, and let it go Smiley

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:24:50 PM

Same thing happened to me. I got an S3, and the previous owner changed the login and password. I tried resetting but with the firmware I had, the reset was disabled. I got lucky and the owner told me the password.

The miner is garbage without the password pretty much.
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:55:54 PM

Ok all, I need help.
I had a S3 mining that suddently stopped mining and started beeping.
So I restarted it, and it doesnt what to kinda start anymore...

Green light stays on, red light keeps flashing and the red inside the miner is on... but the red light never stop flashing and I cannot connect to it... even the reset button doesnt do anything...

I even unplugged it and once powered it still does the same thing, red flashing and nothing....

any hint here ?!?!?

Thx alot !

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 04:39:50 AM

Ok all, I need help.
I had a S3 mining that suddently stopped mining and started beeping.
So I restarted it, and it doesnt what to kinda start anymore...

Green light stays on, red light keeps flashing and the red inside the miner is on... but the red light never stop flashing and I cannot connect to it... even the reset button doesnt do anything...

I even unplugged it and once powered it still does the same thing, red flashing and nothing....

any hint here ?!?!?

Thx alot !

internet down?

the red light flashes until cgminer starts up, cgminer wont start until it sees internet.

you say you cant connect to it.. perhaps the cable went bad.. or the board Sad
zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:10:12 PM

Hi guys,

what is the sweet spot in terms of frequency/Watts for the S3+ ?

I need to put 4xS5 and 4xS3+ on a 16A line and they're using slightly over 17A at default freq(S5:350, S3+:250) so I need to underclock them a bit...

gt_addict

Activity: 2506
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 11, 2016, 04:53:09 PM

I always found 243.75m on my S3+ to be a decent hashrate for the power.

**SUPPORT SIDEHACK** Miner Development Donations to:  1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr

Donations/Tips to:-   1GTADDicTXD1uachKKgW24DZDxDGhSMdRa

Join Bitconnect: https://bitconnect.co/?ref=gtaddict
Darwin84

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 02:09:43 AM

I think he wants to go lower not higher. Try 218
zOU

★ these are stars ★

View Profile
May 17, 2016, 06:18:06 AM

I think he wants to go lower not higher. Try 218

Thnak you Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: