Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SDC] ShadowCoin | ShadowChat [EM] | ShadowSend [Anon] | ShadowGo [Mobile]  (Read 172554 times)
RW-Stott

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:38:46 PM

ShadowSend: More Information

Hey guys

We are pleased to inform you that our implementation of ShadowSend (which uses dual-key stealth addresses) is a technological advance over current stealth address solutions such as those implemented in SX & DarkWallet.  To prove it, ShadowSend will be made open source upon release, and we have already sent the code to Peter Todd (the original visionary of stealth addresses), as we believe our version best fits his original vision.

ShadowSend Release Date: Thursday 8/7/14

Here's a demo video of ShadowSend: http://youtu.be/w-B1HuxNvFg

Here's my stealth address: smYhJ1oRg29nzCutHMXTaCNMm9NEVFh2y5i2QCzr4rNnjX9UdK5R7mT1c3P5S91du6hrjiY6WoA2yij mimYiNP73o49K6caLvwS3jj

The reason the address above is so long, is because it is a dual-key stealth address.  For more information on dual-key stealth addresses, see: https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth#Dual-key_stealth

To understand stealth addresses better, please have a look at the following illustration:

We'd like to give a special thanks to Peter Todd, for his white paper on stealth addresses: http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/31813471/

As well as DarkWallet for all the information on stealth addresses at: https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth

Can't wait!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:40:33 PM

ShadowSend: More Information

Hey guys

We are pleased to inform you that our implementation of ShadowSend (which uses dual-key stealth addresses) is a technological advance over current stealth address solutions such as those implemented in SX & DarkWallet.  To prove it, ShadowSend will be made open source upon release, and we have already sent the code to Peter Todd (the original visionary of stealth addresses), as we believe our version best fits his original vision.

ShadowSend Release Date: Thursday 8/7/14

Here's a demo video of ShadowSend: http://youtu.be/w-B1HuxNvFg

Here's my stealth address: smYhJ1oRg29nzCutHMXTaCNMm9NEVFh2y5i2QCzr4rNnjX9UdK5R7mT1c3P5S91du6hrjiY6WoA2yij mimYiNP73o49K6caLvwS3jj

The reason the address above is so long, is because it is a dual-key stealth address.  For more information on dual-key stealth addresses, see: https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth#Dual-key_stealth

To understand stealth addresses better, please have a look at the following illustration:

We'd like to give a special thanks to Peter Todd, for his white paper on stealth addresses: http://sourceforge.net/p/bitcoin/mailman/message/31813471/

As well as DarkWallet for all the information on stealth addresses at: https://wiki.unsystem.net/en/index.php/DarkWallet/Stealth

Very good work. As usual. A real code-artiste!
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:42:59 PM

What did they deliver so far except some screenshots, a "whitepaper" and some texts?

They said the mobile POS wallet will be released on the 12th and the anon will be released tomorrow. So why dont you wait until the ETAs before you start your baseless fud campaign. Youve been calling this a scam ever since you made your sock puppet account, you coward. At least have some proof to back up your claims, oh wait you prob just want cheap coins. Again, just wait until the ETAs before trying to fud this down. And for anybody wondering who the devs behind the coin are...Rynomster is the lead dev, do your research on his talent and work, it's worth it.

(btw @rynomster..anyways you can make it clear in the OP also that you are the lead dev...that way new comers will know that you guys arent just another newbie anonymous group?)

threecats

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:43:06 PM

So. Prominent use of Peter Todd's name to hype the coin. Did anyone check with him first?

For a coin that is supposed to be about anon, maybe respecting that sort of thing might be an idea?

Why would you worry about a name, do you see what they have delivered so far?

Personally it means nothing to me what they have delivered or not. And that is completely beside the point. The point is they are using Peter Todd's name repeatedly to give an air of legitmacy.

If the tech is good, why can it not stand on its own merits, without name dropping a dev who has nothing to do with the coin? And who in fact works for another coin?

Stealth addresses were not invented by shadowcoin, but the idea first came from Peter Todd. This is why rynomster must reference his name, to give him proper credit. To not do so, would be misleading. Do you understand how this works? It's not that hard...

However, ShadowCoin has improved upon current implementations of stealth addresses, and to prove it, they are open sourcing it.

It is completely transparent that this 'crediting' is an excellent way to add an air of legitimacy. There are other coins using stealth address implementations that do not feel compelled to market under Peter Todd's rep without asking him first. I do not notice a similar 'crediting' to the creator of BTC for the blockchain fundament.
rhkazani1

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:46:39 PM

So. Prominent use of Peter Todd's name to hype the coin. Did anyone check with him first?

For a coin that is supposed to be about anon, maybe respecting that sort of thing might be an idea?

Why would you worry about a name, do you see what they have delivered so far?

Personally it means nothing to me what they have delivered or not. And that is completely beside the point. The point is they are using Peter Todd's name repeatedly to give an air of legitmacy.

If the tech is good, why can it not stand on its own merits, without name dropping a dev who has nothing to do with the coin? And who in fact works for another coin?

Stealth addresses were not invented by shadowcoin, but the idea first came from Peter Todd. This is why rynomster must reference his name, to give him proper credit. To not do so, would be misleading. Do you understand how this works? It's not that hard...

However, ShadowCoin has improved upon current implementations of stealth addresses, and to prove it, they are open sourcing it.

It is completely transparent that this 'crediting' is an excellent way to add an air of legitimacy. There are other coins using stealth address implementations that do not feel compelled to market under Peter Todd's rep without asking him first. I do not notice a similar 'crediting' to the creator of BTC for the blockchain fundament.

It is about appreciating Peter's idea / invention, if other coins dont, they are wrong and simply want to get the credit.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:52:09 PM

Peter Todd is mentioned on the stealth address wiki http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html. I'm not sure where you are trying to go with that statement. I don't think the coin needs hype the technology and hard work the devs are putting in is speaking for it.

Peter Todd's name is used repeatedly in the last dev "update".  Maybe the coin does not need the hype. Apparently the devs feel differently.

And my original point remains. Very bad form to use such a high profile name without consent.

Hmm, yeah I still don't see your point. The first mention is giving him credit, "Peter Todd (the original visionary of stealth addresses)" and the second is to thank him for his white paper contribution. One of the prime components for ShadowSend is a direct product of Peter Todd's work in the area.. maybe I'm missing something here..

So according to your logic, it is better to use someone's idea and then ask them permission to give them credit?

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
RW-Stott

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:57:56 PM

Peter Todd is mentioned on the stealth address wiki http://sx.dyne.org/stealth.html. I'm not sure where you are trying to go with that statement. I don't think the coin needs hype the technology and hard work the devs are putting in is speaking for it.

Peter Todd's name is used repeatedly in the last dev "update".  Maybe the coin does not need the hype. Apparently the devs feel differently.

And my original point remains. Very bad form to use such a high profile name without consent.

Hmm, yeah I still don't see your point. The first mention is giving him credit, "Peter Todd (the original visionary of stealth addresses)" and the second is to thank him for his white paper contribution. One of the prime components for ShadowSend is a direct product of Peter Todd's work in the area.. maybe I'm missing something here..

So according to your logic, it is better to use someone's idea and then ask them permission to give them credit?

Seriously? Have you ever written any type of academic or scholarly paper (I'm guessing no)? Because if you use someone else's idea without citing them & giving them credit, that's called plagiarism. Same rules apply here.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Seriously? Have you ever written any type of academic or scholarly paper (I'm guessing no)? Because if you use someone else's idea without citing them & giving them credit, that's called plagiarism.

Are you claiming there are no un-credited ideas used in this coin? 

Look, the first thing I thought when seeing Peter Todd's name used twice in the update was that they were trying to benefit a little from his current star status.

I'm completely neutral about this coin and that's how it looked to me.  I'm sure it did to others too. It's not really something you can debate away.
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:02:02 PM

What the hell is going on with these FUDers? PETER TODD's idea...credit given to PETER TODD...code sent to PETER TODD. Where do you FUDers think the credit and code should go if not to the guy that came up with the idea? Real bunch morons is absolutely correct.
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:02:32 PM

Seriously? Have you ever written any type of academic or scholarly paper (I'm guessing no)? Because if you use someone else's idea without citing them & giving them credit, that's called plagiarism. Same rules apply here.

+1

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash
Schild_

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:04:10 PM

Hahahahaha! Do you really believe such a thing as LAW matters in this altcoin world?
Apparently, it looks like hitting a man under the belt is 100% accepted, so there is no such things as honor or law in the crypto world.

No, more seriously, I'm sure he was giving Peter Todd some credit just because he admires the work. Nothing wrong to be seen there.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:04:58 PM

so is this a scampump or what? im looking to buy some SDC.

Someone convince me to buy SDC, explain it to me as if i am 5 years old.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:06:51 PM

Whether name dropping Peter Todd is right or wrong, or whether Shadowsend improves on anonymity or not, it doesn't matter, history for the last 3 months has proven everyone will hype it up for a few days, dump it, and move on to the next anon coin named Darkercoin, Shadecoin, Muddlecoin or Dark Sewer coin or whatever. The fact Vertcoin implemented stealth addresses and was snoozed on proves the whole thing is about manipulation behind the scenes because it wasn't "new" or "sexy" enough.

It is a rinse and repeat cycle, most people here do not really want anon because plenty of solutions offered in the past work as intended.

Anyway good job to the dev if he delivers something new tomorrow but I am afraid the work will all be for naught.
backdoorboy

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:11:34 PM

less talk unless its to discuss details and inform future investors, for the love of coin, start buying ppl
ItsNotMe

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:14:06 PM

Whether name dropping Peter Todd is right or wrong, or whether Shadowsend improves on anonymity or not, it doesn't matter, history for the last 3 months has proven everyone will hype it up for a few days, dump it, and move on to the next anon coin named Darkercoin, Shadecoin, Muddlecoin or Dark Sewer coin or whatever. The fact Vertcoin implemented stealth addresses and was snoozed on proves the whole thing is about manipulation behind the scenes because it wasn't "new" or "sexy" enough.

It is a rinse and repeat cycle, most people here do not really want anon because plenty of solutions offered in the past work as intended.

Anyway good job to the dev if he delivers something new tomorrow but I am afraid the work will all be for naught.
There is no question if giving credit to the individual who came up with the idea is right or wrong. It is the only ethical way to proceed. There is just a bunch of immature posters with crypto-envy trying to cause trouble. Ask yourself this: why do they post here?
backdoorboy

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:14:28 PM

so is this a scampump or what? im looking to buy some SDC.

Someone convince me to buy SDC, explain it to me as if i am 5 years old.

Reason is simple: Rynomster is the dev and this is probably a total marketed coin.

Look at how they did the things.

1. Absolutly normal looking coin when the coin was released, kind of uninteresting so that nobody will care about, so you can mine the shit out of the coin.

2. Outstanding work. Screenshot provided. Rynomster do awesome things, he already showed us screenshot when he was developing for CINNI and he did deliver them. I don't think he wants his reputation damaged, or he'll need to hide to develop and create another account this time and never reveal he is Rynomster.

3. This was design to go HIGHER than 100k, all the parameters are done to have it up very fast. Those people wants a return on their investment.

well said.. now put your money where your mouth is and buy some more
realestmofo

Activity: 168

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:23:30 PM

It's like why wouldn't you buy now. I guess if you love buying during a pump or at the top you can buy later. Then baghold all the way down. Then hangout with the vrc, cloak, xc, bc, cinni, super and all the other bagholders.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
backdoorboy

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:27:58 PM

It's like why wouldn't you buy now. I guess if you love buying during a pump or at the top you can buy later. Then baghold all the way down. Then hangout with the vrc, cloak, xc, bc, cinni, super and all the other bagholders.

pumps need to b greased, always factor that in to your float.. hype needs your support
nightwishx

Activity: 900

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2014, 10:28:50 PM

Really good, it has been at the top.

fartbags
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

So I am going to be downloading the whole blockchain onto my phone and uploading data to other phones all day long?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: