Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SDC] ShadowCoin | ShadowChat [EM] | ShadowSend [Anon] | ShadowGo [Mobile]  (Read 172554 times)
Coolstoryteller

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:45:45 AM

First CINNI, now SDC.

Looks like someone is cashing out (again). So where are you off to next after you're done with this coin, rynomster?

Do you understand the meaning of a contract job? It means when you're finished with the work you've been contracted to do, you're free to leave.

Ryno was never the lead dev of CINNI. If you want to throw rocks at someone throw - them at the founder of CINNI.

Read the CINNI thread and ask rynomster yourself (assuming he's not a liar). He promised EM and EM-based anonymous transactions to CINNI but disappeared for the 2nd part, blaming "family issues." Don't take my word for it - see the thread and ask rynomster yourself (assuming he isn't lying, in which case look for ambiguous weasel words or over-the-top claims of innocense). He screwed CINNI (along with battbot, who abandoned around the same time, probably realising what was going on). It's fully documented on the CINNI thread.

Check it out, the only person who screwed you was you, the minute you invested in a coin that had an incompetent lead developer. Shadowcoin is Rynomster's project - he doesn't need to outsource anything to anyone. Next time you think about investing in a coin see if the founder is technical because ultimately, you're investing in technology.

"Buy, sell, trade, chat. Leave nothing but a Shadow." - www.shadow.cash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinStarX

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:49:03 AM

So many large trades back and forth at the price of 25k.. why is that? :O

pumpers getting ready or position building. They most likely will pump on some news and then dump when it rises a bit.

sdersdf2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:53:58 AM

First CINNI, now SDC.

Looks like someone is cashing out (again). So where are you off to next after you're done with this coin, rynomster?

Do you understand the meaning of a contract job? It means when you're finished with the work you've been contracted to do, you're free to leave.

Ryno was never the lead dev of CINNI. If you want to throw rocks at someone throw - them at the founder of CINNI.

Read the CINNI thread and ask rynomster yourself (assuming he's not a liar). He promised EM and EM-based anonymous transactions to CINNI but disappeared for the 2nd part, blaming "family issues." Don't take my word for it - see the thread and ask rynomster yourself (assuming he isn't lying, in which case look for ambiguous weasel words or over-the-top claims of innocense). He screwed CINNI (along with battbot, who abandoned around the same time, probably realising what was going on). It's fully documented on the CINNI thread.

Check it out, the only person who screwed you was you, the minute you invested in a coin that had an incompetent lead developer. Shadowcoin is Rynomster's project - he doesn't need to outsource anything to anyone. Next time you think about investing in a coin see if the founder is technical because ultimately, you're investing in technology.

I totally agree with that -- one of the things many have learned from the experience -- except to say that it wasn't clear the lead dev wasn't a real dev until later, and a dev can abandon a coin whether he's a hired gun or the lead dev/OP-writer. Doesn't really make a difference, does it?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:05:39 AM

Really the coin is 90% complete anyway, all it needs is the zk-snarks and anything added on top is fluff. Even Satoshi "abandoned" Bitcoin and Charlie Lee doesn't do much with LTC, as long as the coin reaches the zenith of what it is supposed to do, provide total anonymity, I don't care if the dev runs off to the Bahamas never to be seen again. What more can you ask for?
CryptoClub
Legendary

Activity: 1470

cryptocollectorsclub.com

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:07:18 AM

First CINNI, now SDC.

I totally agree with that -- one of the things many have learned from the experience -- except to say that it wasn't clear the lead dev wasn't a real dev until later, and a dev can abandon a coin whether he's a hired gun or the lead dev/OP-writer. Doesn't really make a difference, does it?

What matters to me is knowing who the devs are so we understand the risks and benefits, and their history. CINNI was launched by an original dev, and the coin had to be saved by Rat4 as it had problems... It was sloppy at first. So I assume that dev had to hire people for anything advanced, as he needed help just getting the wallets to work right. So whatever worked out or didn't work out with an inexperienced lead dev - that is how those things go.

Personally, I like the Stealth Address concept by Peter Todd, and I like knowing who this dev is - that he is not the ORIGINAL CINNI dev.

So I am willing to buy a little and see how it plays out.

HoldTheLine

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:10:47 AM

We have a whale wanting out. Lets help him on his way - get the harpoons out!
realestmofo

Activity: 168

If you aren't comfortable ........

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:23:08 AM

Really the coin is 90% complete anyway, all it needs is the zk-snarks and anything added on top is fluff. Even Satoshi "abandoned" Bitcoin and Charlie Lee doesn't do much with LTC, as long as the coin reaches the zenith of what it is supposed to do, provide total anonymity, I don't care if the dev runs off to the Bahamas never to be seen again. What more can you ask for?

Yes. lets compare the first 2 big coins to the 125th coin SDC.

This coin did go from 1k to 40k. That is huge. Those early buyers cashing out up 35x to 30x to 25x. They are still in much profit.

YOU ARE DEAD TO ME
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:27:15 AM

Yes. lets compare the first 2 big coins to the 125th coin SDC.

This coin did go from 1k to 40k. That is huge. Those early buyers cashing out up 35x to 30x to 25x. They are still in much profit.

I'm just using the comparison that if the coin is close to reaching its main purpose what does it matter if the dev does leave after he finishes his work? If you want an anon coin well here you go, now people need to start using it on the dark markets, that gives it its true value.
kkofor

Activity: 365

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:29:06 AM

wow.someone sold about 50k sdc ,,,lol ,good time to go in~~let this coin crazy one more time~~i hope
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:32:56 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2014, 05:59:48 AM by Coolstoryteller

First CINNI, now SDC.

Yes, it can happen in both cases. It actually happened to me before with Stablecoin, which was actually one of the first attempts at an anon crypto. The developer (Artos) took off and was never heard from again until he popped back up in November only to do the exact same thing.. If the lead developer is able to finish his own project I think he is less likely to abandon it. On the other hand, working as a contract developer to salvage an incapable project lead's vision can make for an unfavorable working environment. I've spent a few hours speaking with Rynomster about SDC and he's pouring his heart into it. Shadowcoin is his full-time job and he's working off of donations so I doubt he will be going anywhere anytime soon when he has a potential billion dollar project on his hands.

At the end of the day the losses you take make you a smarter investor. You win some, you lose some but in the process you develop a strategy that minimizes your risk. I wish you the best of luck with you future investments.

Feel free to join us in IRC #shadowcoin.

kkofor

Activity: 365

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:35:25 AM

SDC != CINNI ,please dont compare this two coin ~everycoin can be scam,no only SDC
alexcfr

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:28:40 AM

All coin has his dump
the only coin i've see rising without big dump was DRK but big dump after the huge rise

SDC will recover and break the 40 for sure, we are just in august no volume.... will see better soon
youngmike

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:29:45 AM

So it's 6.4 million coins in total?
smokim87

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:36:53 AM

Hows your investment going? You end up selling your cloak in loss or profit before investing into shadow? Hope you didn't buy shadow from above 30k.
Coolstoryteller

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:58:05 AM

So it's 6.4 million coins in total?

+2% annual PoS interest

burner2014

Activity: 952
Merit: 515

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:07:22 AM

25k looks like the ground Smiley. Hope everyone has his seatbelts on.
sdersdf2

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:28:03 AM

First CINNI, now SDC.

What matters to me is knowing who the devs are so we understand the risks and benefits, and their history. CINNI was launched by an original dev, and the coin had to be saved by Rat4 as it had problems... It was sloppy at first. So I assume that dev had to hire people for anything advanced, as he needed help just getting the wallets to work right. So whatever worked out or didn't work out with an inexperienced lead dev - that is how those things go.

All true, as far as I can tell - just didn't realise all of that other history until it was too late. Wish these encyclopedic threads were more manageable to follow so it'd be a bit easier (and faster) for new arrivals to get caught up.
sdersdf2

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:33:36 AM

First CINNI, now SDC.

Yes, it can happen in both cases. It actually happened to me before with Stablecoin, which was actually one of the first attempts at an anon crypto. The developer (Artos) took off and was never heard from again until he popped back up in November only to do the exact same thing.. If the lead developer is able to finish his own project I think he is less likely to abandon it. On the other hand, working as a contract developer to salvage an incapable project lead's vision can make for an unfavorable working environment. I've spent a few hours speaking with Rynomster about SDC and he's pouring his heart into it. Shadowcoin is his full-time job and he's working off of donations so I doubt he will be going anywhere anytime soon when he has a potential billion dollar project on his hands.

All true. Again, my only issue is that he didn't finish the job, knowingly (I believe) sold ahead of abandoning things and lied about his reasons for leaving, while giving false impressions that he'd be back after family issues were resolved. People were strung along for months, and the same anon tech promised in the CINNI working paper and never delivered shows up here within weeks. His prerogative to pursue his self-interests. Our prerogative to say we dont like the way he did it and to warn others of the risk that might (or might not) present. It certainly was a good learning experience, especially in light of all the other drama seen on BCT over the past few weeks.
Coinster2014

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:34:35 AM

First CINNI, now SDC.

All true. Again, my only issue is that he didn't finish the job, knowingly (I believe) sold ahead of abandoning things and lied about his reasons for leaving, while giving false impressions that he'd be back after family issues were resolved. His perogrative to pursue his self-interests. Our perogative to say we dont like the way he did it and to warn others of the risk that might (or might not) present. It certainly was a good learning experience, especially in light of all the other drama seen on BCT over the past few weeks.

So, you are saying you are butt hurt then?
HoldTheLine

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 08:14:41 AM

Hows your investment going? You end up selling your cloak in loss or profit before investing into shadow? Hope you didn't buy shadow from above 30k.

I sold Cloak for 241,000 (bit late) and haven't had any reason to look back, the BTC is bleeding from Cloak sadly. In saying that it's not our fault you've bag held man - on my departing post I suggested you guys come and make some money here but you abused me and BobSurplus and the others who saw the opportunity and took it. Riding the waves with the volatility and the volume here I have increased my Shadow holdings by around 70% at an average buy price of closer to 26,000 (got large buy orders filled on both dumps to 25,000 luckily which brought the average down from the high 28,000s) netting a very nice overall BTC portfolio value increase for the week.

It's not too late to come and join in man - as long as any anger is left at the door all the Cloak lads are as welcome here as everyone else. We all just want to make a bit of money - let's be honest, no reason for any of us to be bitter Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 »
  Print  

Jump to: