Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:01:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should this thread get stickied?
Yes - 127 (85.8%)
No - 13 (8.8%)
I don't know / Not sure - 8 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 148

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ  (Read 921552 times)
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 09:24:39 AM

Why does BTCJam forum name verification in Games and Rounds? Shouldn't it be in Services?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 09:27:21 AM

Why does BTCJam forum name verification in Games and Rounds? Shouldn't it be in Services?
Might be due to the fact that they generate a lot of low value posts, just like giveaways in Games and rounds.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 10:00:19 AM

Might be due to the fact that they generate a lot of low value posts, just like giveaways in Games and rounds.

It is possible. I reported it one or two times but report was probably ignored or marked as bad. So want to know the reason. Thank you!

Also, when new faucets and faucet rotators are released, they spam in Beginners and Help. It doesn't look right IMHO. Any reason why no action is taken?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 05:51:00 PM

It is possible. I reported it one or two times but report was probably ignored or marked as bad. So want to know the reason. Thank you!

Also, when new faucets and faucet rotators are released, they spam in Beginners and Help. It doesn't look right IMHO. Any reason why no action is taken?

Many things fit into beginners and help, faucets included. I recently saw MiningBuddy clean the section though. I would still report it, regardless if it gets moved or not. We dont know how most reports are handled anyway. The rare exception is when you report a post and a mod takes action a few seconds later. Makes me want to hi5 them sometimes. Wink

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 07:23:12 PM

I, at least, handle such reports and move the threada but other moderators might think otherwise.

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 09:16:12 AM

There was some discussion about moving new faucet announcements to it's own subforum. Not sure if the demand was enough to actually do it, but a large percentage of posts are currently about faucets anyways.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:23:36 AM

=snip=

There was some discussion about moving new faucet announcements to it's own subforum. Not sure if the demand was enough to actually do it, but a large percentage of posts are currently about faucets anyways.

I didn't mean faucets and faucet rotators in Service Announcements. It is fine but these threads in Beginners & Help isn't right IMHO. It should eitherbe deleted or moved to Archival because of most of these are already announced in Service Announcements.

To your post: A new board is necessary but it will take sometime like it took time for Trashcan v2.0(aka Investor-based Games).

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:26:52 AM

Just wondering if a sensible choice to get rid o +1, thank you, etc. posts is to put something like this in the rules: You should edit your original post instead and add a line there, like e.g.: Edit: Thank you to <put username here> for your help/clarification.

See also:

===>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1029540.0
===>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028881.0

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:39:20 AM

Just wondering if a sensible choice to get rid o +1, thank you, etc. posts is to put something like this in the rules: You should edit your original post instead and add a line there, like e.g.: Edit: Thank you to <put username here> for your help/clarification.

See also:

That's kind of covered by rule 1. If people post zero value posts now, they'll post them even if a new rule is in place.

Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 09:59:48 AM

See also:

That's kind of covered by rule 1. If people post zero value posts now, they'll post them even if a new rule is in place.

+1. However, a suggestion remind could still help.....at least lazy people!  Wink

█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 04:00:09 AM

Is rule 21 actually enforced? Very few people follow it, and the couple of times I have reported it, nothing seemed to be done. Is it worth reporting at all?

Yes it is. I always report them and they're handled eventually and I handle the ones I can (made by newbies), but I think there's a lack of Global Moderators and Marketplace mods that can handle them, not to mention they're probably not a top priority and deleting posts, especially many, takes longer than dealing with other reports etc.

hillarious, what about the necro bumps here by Quickseler/ACCTSeller: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg11140169#msg11140169

These bumps were part of a smear campaign to dig up potential dirt on me.  Certainly this is not how people on Default Trust are supposed to be behaving?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2015, 08:35:13 AM

Is rule 21 actually enforced? Very few people follow it, and the couple of times I have reported it, nothing seemed to be done. Is it worth reporting at all?

Yes it is. I always report them and they're handled eventually and I handle the ones I can (made by newbies), but I think there's a lack of Global Moderators and Marketplace mods that can handle them, not to mention they're probably not a top priority and deleting posts, especially many, takes longer than dealing with other reports etc.

hillarious, what about the necro bumps here by Quickseler/ACCTSeller: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=303613.msg11140169#msg11140169

These bumps were part of a smear campaign to dig up potential dirt on me.  Certainly this is not how people on Default Trust are supposed to be behaving?

Necros are fine if they are on topic and contribute to the discussion. Whether or not Quickseller contributed to the disccusion or "just brought it back" is certainly subjective.

-snip-
Regarding necro posting, if the necro post is substantial (doesn't break the rule especially rule 1 and 2 (2014/07/21 version)), then it's OK.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:42:11 AM

I can't find the answer in the OP so I'll ask here. Is racism allowed on the Bitcointalk forum? 

I have reported a few posts that are blatantly racist, but I see that they are classed as falsely reported.  I won't report it anymore if it is allowed on the forum, seems pretty crazy to allow it though in my opinion.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 08:54:16 AM

I can't find the answer in the OP so I'll ask here. Is racism allowed on the Bitcointalk forum? 

I have reported a few posts that are blatantly racist, but I see that they are classed as falsely reported.  I won't report it anymore if it is allowed on the forum, seems pretty crazy to allow it though in my opinion.

AFAIK Yes but if the post is really insulting, it (probably) will be deleted.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:19:09 AM

I was told by the MOD that even abusive comments aren't deleted nor are personal attacks or threatening comments deleted. Racist comments are hurting but they aren't against the rules. Only Spam is deleted.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 09:21:38 AM

I dont think they will. I think its good that racism, sexism, homophobia etc. is not censored. It should be allowed for people to make themself look foolish.

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:34:44 AM

I was told by the MOD that even abusive comments aren't deleted nor are personal attacks or threatening comments deleted. Racist comments are hurting but they aren't against the rules. Only Spam is deleted.
Ok thanks, that is good to know!  I won't report racist, offensive or sexist comments anymore then if it is just wasting everyones time.
I guess I should have been able to work it out for myself, almost the entire politics and society secotion would be deleted if abuse wasn't allowed!
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:51:49 AM

Ok thanks, that is good to know!  I won't report racist, offensive or sexist comments anymore then if it is just wasting everyones time.
I guess I should have been able to work it out for myself, almost the entire politics and society secotion would be deleted if abuse wasn't allowed!

If you check that section, it has not been assigned to any moderator and hence very rarely comments get deleted if found spammy. I mostly avoid that section as I don't want to get abused and I have also seen threatening comments made to members. It's considered as a cyber crime and even FB and Twitter allows users to report such comments but this forum does not moderate it. It's better to ignore that section as all immature members are active there.

mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 06:41:20 PM

I have reported a few posts that are blatantly racist, but I see that they are classed as falsely reported.  I won't report it anymore if it is allowed on the forum, seems pretty crazy to allow it though in my opinion.
Allowed as long as it's not the only part of the post. Racist remarks along a constructive post (arguments, reasons) are allowed as if he wants to make himself look stupid, we don't want to stop him from doing so. However, if it's just a personal attack, then it will be deleted.

I have reported a few posts that are blatantly racist, but I see that they are classed as falsely reported.  I won't report it anymore if it is allowed on the forum, seems pretty crazy to allow it though in my opinion.

It isn't based on severity but the content alongside it.

Posts consisting ONLY of personal attacks will be deleted. Threats of bodily harm and death threats are removed as well.

Ok thanks, that is good to know!  I won't report racist, offensive or sexist comments anymore then if it is just wasting everyones time.

If you check that section, it has not been assigned to any moderator and hence very rarely comments get deleted if found spammy. I mostly avoid that section as I don't want to get abused and I have also seen threatening comments made to members. It's considered as a cyber crime and even FB and Twitter allows users to report such comments but this forum does not moderate it. It's better to ignore that section as all immature members are active there.
The Politics and Society, in my opinion, is polluted by either extremists, conspiracy theorists and the pro-russian propagandists (in light of the Ukranian conflict) bashing anyone who's not a pro-russian propagandist and denying facts the rest of the world agreed was true. As the section lacked a dedicated moderator, it has grew into a sort of mini Altcoin board type scene where the point is not to hear someone else's ideas but to bash anyone not agreeing to yours. As per the freedom of speech that this forum advocates, such comments remain as long as they actually express arguments. Although there are some intelligent people there, it's quite overwhelmed by the overall toxic environment of the board.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 12:24:51 AM

18. Having multiple accounts and account sales are allowed,[/b] but account sales are discouraged.[/b]
Is there any kind of reference to support the fact that account sales are discouraged? If so could that quote be referenced? and if not could that statement be removed from this rule?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: