Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:47:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should this thread get stickied?
Yes - 127 (85.8%)
No - 13 (8.8%)
I don't know / Not sure - 8 (5.4%)
Total Voters: 148

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Unofficial list of (official) Bitcointalk.org rules, guidelines, FAQ  (Read 928351 times)
Camerpl79

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 07:06:12 PM

Huh   Quick Question to ensure that I'm interpreting the spam rule correctly:

I am an affiliate with a Legitimate Ethereum / Altcoin Investment company.  

What are the rules on posting a referral link?  

Is that considered spamming?
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 07:07:11 PM

Is that considered spamming?
Usually yes.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Camerpl79

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 07:20:24 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Camerpl79

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 11:15:17 PM

Does the post below constitute spamming or can it be posted?

Cryptocurrency Trading Lessons & Passive Income available via a Professional Trading website.

Weekly Financial Earning reports and a responsive Support Center provides maximum transparency. 

Income Opportunity available via a Simple Affiliate program (No investment necessary)

Facebook Promo Site: @Cryptocurrency
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 09:45:31 AM

@Lauda

If i wanted to posit an opinion about Core, where on this forum can i do that, without the post getting deleted?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 09:48:17 AM

-snip-
I do not understand the exact context of that thread. PM me a preview with the section that you want to post it in.

If i wanted to posit an opinion about Core, where on this forum can i do that, without the post getting deleted?
As long as you do not FUD (strong and reasonable criticism != FUD) or try to promote potentially consensus breaking implementations, then Bitcoin Discussion is the section for it.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:07:30 AM

-snip-
I do not understand the exact context of that thread. PM me a preview with the section that you want to post it in.

As long as you do not FUD (strong and reasonable criticism != FUD) or try to promote potentially consensus breaking implementations, then Bitcoin Discussion is the section for it.

You mean, appearing to promote another consensus implementation, other than the currently running/adopted one, is not allowed??
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 10:11:39 AM

-snip-

You mean, appearing to promote another consensus implementation, other than the currently running/adopted one, is not allowed??

It will be moved to the alt section.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 10:12:34 AM

Consensus implementation (e.g. Bitcoin Core, Bitcore) != consensus breaking implementation (e.g. Bitcoin Classic). However, it would not get removed but just moved to the Altcoin section or something. It's more on a case-by-case basis.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
BitWhale

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:37:11 AM

Hello, may I ask why Spotniek is still around? He's broken nearly all of the being rude, trolling, posting irrelevant rant rules. If MPOE was banned for it, why is this dude still invading every thread in existence?

He might have a good opinion, but hes absolutely rude, belittling, and I can safely say that I see him in too many threads to say it's good for the public image of bitcoin. I've not once seen him be nice or respectful & quite frankly add anything of substance to any thread I see him post in, he just rehashes the same thing over and over.
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 06:06:13 AM

Hello, may I ask why Spotniek is still around? He's broken nearly all of the being rude, trolling, posting irrelevant rant rules. If MPOE was banned for it, why is this dude still invading every thread in existence?

He might have a good opinion, but hes absolutely rude, belittling, and I can safely say that I see him in too many threads to say it's good for the public image of bitcoin. I've not once seen him be nice or respectful & quite frankly add anything of substance to any thread I see him post in, he just rehashes the same thing over and over.
AFAIK he's been temp-banned for his behavior (primarily blatant trolling) several times. If you see more of such behavior, feel free to use the "Report to Moderator" link to inform the staff. However, being rude, unpleasant or posting rants isn't a bannable offense on it's own.

GMPoison

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 01:56:32 AM

For example, if in a 14 day period you post 14 posts, you gain +14 activity.
If you post 2 posts in a 14 day period, you gain +2 activity.
If you don't post at all in a 14 day period, you don't gain activity.
However, if you post 15 or more posts in a 14 day period, you still gain only +14 activity.

So there is a cap on how quickly your activity can accumulate, 15 posts per 14 days to gain 14 activity per week max?

Also how about losing activity can you ever lose activity? It says if you don't post at all you don't gain activity, but can you lose it?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2017, 12:33:11 PM

For example, if in a 14 day period you post 14 posts, you gain +14 activity.
If you post 2 posts in a 14 day period, you gain +2 activity.
If you don't post at all in a 14 day period, you don't gain activity.
However, if you post 15 or more posts in a 14 day period, you still gain only +14 activity.

So there is a cap on how quickly your activity can accumulate, 15 posts per 14 days to gain 14 activity per two weeks max?

Fixed it.

Also how about losing activity can you ever lose activity?

Yes, if all your posts for an activity period are deleted you lose all 14 points of activity.

It says if you don't post at all you don't gain activity, but can you lose it?

There is no decay over time, no.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sixiangzhe

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 01:44:38 PM

There are so many rules!
stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2017, 08:57:09 PM

There are so many rules!

But extortion, blackmail, and mob rule, is fine here. So why care about rules?
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2017, 07:57:27 PM

Added clarification in regards to one of the FAQ questions (as I'm tired of repeating myself in PMs; change highlighted):

Q: Do you moderate/delete (possible) FUD, accusations and untrue information?
A: No. We don't have enough time to check every single piece of information and verify the validity of the sources. Also, just like scams - too much room for bias and abuse.

However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense ("obviously false nonsense" to an outsider, NOT to someone who follows or is involved in the discussion) just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. Such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report though (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post).

There are so many rules!

If you feel someone broke the law, contact your local authorities and file a police report. We're neither judge, nor jury, nor the executioner when it comes to enforcing laws around the world.

stereotype
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2017, 11:06:15 AM

Added clarification in regards to one of the FAQ questions (as I'm tired of repeating myself in PMs; change highlighted):

A: No. We don't have enough time to check every single piece of information and verify the validity of the sources. Also, just like scams - too much room for bias and abuse.

However, trolling isn't allowed. If a user is habitually posting obviously false nonsense ("obviously false nonsense" to an outsider, NOT to someone who follows or is involved in the discussion) just to stir up trouble, then it's considered trolling, which is prohibited. Such cases should be thoroughly documented in the report though (There are tons of reports that just say "trolling", but moderators don't have time to look through each user's post).

There are so many rules!

If you feel someone broke the law, contact your local authorities and file a police report. We're neither judge, nor jury, nor the executioner when it comes to enforcing laws around the world.
It could be reasonably argued, thats exactly what Lauda should have done, instead of acting as the threatening executioner.   
mprep (OP)
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2017, 06:51:35 PM

There are so many rules!

It could be reasonably argued, thats exactly what Lauda should have done, instead of acting as the threatening executioner.   
It does seem so, though let's keep this on topic. The ethics of a user's actions should be discussed in it's own topic.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 08:24:53 AM

It looks like theymos has added a new rule regarding the sale of invites/accounts:
Quote from: theymos
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1785577.0
You are only allowed to sell accounts/invites that you legally obtained yourself or through legitimate trades. If you did anything illegal in order to obtain an item, then you can't trade it on bitcointalk.org. Anyone found breaking this rule will be banned.
Quantum.Network

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2017, 04:48:15 PM

How to start bounties through bitcointalk without breaking any rules .
Should the address be send through PM ?

Regards,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: