Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 09:04:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EXO and Nxt are great coins - sorry  (Read 5849 times)
cryptonaut (OP)

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:45:25 AM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

Can you give some examples of how Java is used in the business industry?

Oracle, SAP, a bunch of IBM stuff on OS/390 and AS400... but they surely just peasants in great poverty (unlike OP) so you can safely ignore them Smiley.

Ooops... I've forgot Cisco, HP and Google. Sorry for that Smiley.

Wow I didn't know they were all working on decentralized crypto currencies

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Damelon
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:48:33 AM

Are you suggesting that a tool that isn't used for something *cannot* be used for something?
Scientific progress under your leadership would be quite a thing to see Smiley

Member of the Nxt Foundation | Donations: NXT-D6K7-MLY6-98FM-FLL5T
Join Nxt Slack! https://nxtchat.herokuapp.com/
Founder of Blockchain Workspace | Personal Site & Blog
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:59:53 AM

Peter378 asked about "some examples of how Java is used in the business industry". Business != crypto currencies.
Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:25:11 PM

Glad you stopped deleting the posts on the other thread, cryptonaut, and let some debate develop  Cheesy
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:45:29 PM

Java is used quite often in the business industry. You can't argue for a coin's success or failure based on the programming platform, especially when Java and C++ are concerned.

Oracle, SAP, a bunch of IBM stuff on OS/390 and AS400... but they surely just peasants in great poverty (unlike OP) so you can safely ignore them Smiley.

i want to add Tibco, a very important middleware Smiley
Whinehouse

Activity: 40

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:01:26 PM

How do you try to compare NEM with EXO?

Both of them seems to become some big things but without having the same roots.

NEM will be Proof of Interest; EXO will be a mix from Proof of Work and Proof of Stake.

So it is like you compare apples and oranges.  Grin
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:08:13 PM

Yes for websites/ games whatever. But you would not create a worldwide decentralized monetary system in java. I bet some school kids put it together after class and put it on bitcointalk as a joke. Too bad some people took it seriously.

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Enjoy your crap while it lasts because all of those java crap coins will die once people are introduced to EXO (Master Race). Finally I can enjoy military grade security for my investment UNLIKE Nxt. I haven't slept for months thinking someone is going to hack my insecure Nxt account.

Ever heard of bitcoinj, or ethereumj ?
Probably not......

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:12:24 PM

OP :
EXO is a true next generation coin built in C++11, it is more secure and it is FAIR. Don't joke yourself, no financial institution will take any java coin seriously. The big guns have arrived children.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

First post :
That is really big gun!

FUD thread with cryptonaut + atoni :
[WARNING] Nxt is a scam and I have PROOF

Sockpuppets ? Agenda ?

Red flag all the way.
Isildur23

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 01:19:55 PM

OP :
EXO is a true next generation coin built in C++11, it is more secure and it is FAIR. Don't joke yourself, no financial institution will take any java coin seriously. The big guns have arrived children.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=430467.0

First post :
That is really big gun!

FUD thread with cryptonaut + atoni :
[WARNING] Nxt is a scam and I have PROOF

Sockpuppets ? Agenda ?

Red flag all the way.

They just heard that the Digital goods store is launching soon and paniced Cheesy

Ties are a prison for the soul...
STforLife

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 03:33:29 PM

LOL Exo is gonna be hated thanks to OP, threads like these do just damage to advertised product. Attacking others is the most stupid marketing.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:36:51 PM

Java is used on server side by Amazon, Gmail, Ebay, and almost all banks.  Try "hacking" Amazon and Gmail, the most popular server side Java apps.  Oracle's Java applet (browser plugin) has security problems, but Nxt is not an applet. It's a standalone server application.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:41:52 PM

Peter378 asked about "some examples of how Java is used in the business industry". Business != crypto currencies.

We're talking about financial systems. So far I'm not seeing any particularly persuasive arguments over why C++ 11 is any better than Java, other than the OP being a holder of EXO.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

Java is used on server side by Amazon, Gmail, Ebay, and almost all banks.  Try "hacking" Amazon and Gmail, the most popular server side Java apps.  Oracle's Java applet (browser plugin) has security problems, but Nxt is not an applet. It's a standalone server application.

It's too hard for people to make a difference between an applet on a dodgy website and a proper standalone application.

LOL Exo is gonna be hated thanks to OP, threads like these do just damage to advertised product. Attacking others is the most stupid marketing.

Exactly. Starting a new crypto by hating established crypto is shooting yourself in the foot.

I wonder what OP was thinking... It's all the way wrong.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:58:19 PM

We're talking about financial systems. So far I'm not seeing any particularly persuasive arguments over why C++ 11 is any better than Java, other than the OP being a holder of EXO.

Indeed Java is better for financial apps as it's easier to write safer code. No pointers to arbitrarily access memory, no buffer overruns, bound checking, etc.  C++  is is better choice for apps that require faster start up and native integration.  

Faster start up is totaly irrelevant for server apps that start once and run for weeks/months without shutting down. Native integration is not needed either. Funny to watch Exo having difficulty releasing linux version. Had he used Java instead, it would have been platform independent. There is absolutely no reason to write crypto (server side)   in C++. It's a bad choice for the job.  

It's fine to write crypto clients in C++, and indeed anyone can write Nxt client in C++ for Windows. The client interacts with server (written i Java) . On the client side faster start up and native integration with GUI would be more desirable.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 09:05:20 PM

Indeed Java is better for financial apps as it's easier to write safer code. No pointers to arbitrarily access memory, no buffer overruns, bound checking, etc.  C++  is is better choice for apps that require faster start up and native integration.  

Faster start up is totaly irrelevant for server apps that start once and run for weeks/months without shutting down. Native integration is not needed either. Funny to watch Exo having difficulty releasing linux version. Had he used Java instead, it would have been platform independent. There is absolutely no reason to write crypto (server side)   in C++. It's a bad choice for the job.  

It's fine to write crypto clients in C++, and indeed anyone can write Nxt client in C++ for Windows. The client interacts with server (written i Java) . On the client side faster start up and native integration with GUI would be more desirable.

All valid points. Provided the code is secure, I think whether it's written in C++ or Java is a moot point. Both languages have their respective strengths and weaknesses. C++ offers speed, but at the expense of being more vulnerable. I've coded in both languages, and personally I find Java cumbersome and verbose, but it is safer.

Personally, I prefer C++ as a language, but that's as a programmer, not an end-user.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Magic8Ball
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 10:35:09 PM

Something which has not even been released, or does not look to be released in near future. It is supposed to destroy an already established coin like NXT.

Seems like somebody put a lot of money in this and is now trying hard to convince self.
northranger79510

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:14:01 PM

Yes for websites/ games whatever. But you would not create a worldwide decentralized monetary system in java. I bet some school kids put it together after class and put it on bitcointalk as a joke. Too bad some people took it seriously.

C++ = Master Race

Java = Peasants

Enjoy your crap while it lasts because all of those java crap coins will die once people are introduced to EXO (Master Race). Finally I can enjoy military grade security for my investment UNLIKE Nxt. I haven't slept for months thinking someone is going to hack my insecure Nxt account.

Lol anyone who listens to this POS deserves to lose their money.

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
dbkeys

Activity: 484
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 02:28:18 AM

And what's wrong with java? Why do you think that c++ is better for a crypto coin?

Java is interpreted, not compiled; it's under the control of Oracle Corporation. It's probably fine for a prototyping language and for quick interactive demos. But it does add a layer of complexity, which slows things down (not a huge problem with today's hardware) and creates another failure point. Silly peasant vs. master race rants aside, it does not strike me as the wisest choice to implement a wallet in java.

DNS Seeder / Node Trackers
fivebells

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 03:21:18 AM

Java is interpreted, not compiled; it's under the control of Oracle Corporation. It's probably fine for a prototyping language and for quick interactive demos. But it does add a layer of complexity, which slows things down (not a huge problem with today's hardware) and creates another failure point. Silly peasant vs. master race rants aside, it does not strike me as the wisest choice to implement a wallet in java.

Java is compiled, there is an implementation of java which basically exists because other corporations need a not-Oracle java, absolutely not under Oracle control, it has a very cumbersome syntax and culture for prototyping, and has approximately the same complexity as the C++ runtime.

How's EXO doing, anyway?  This disinterred thread is the first I've heard of it.
superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2014, 06:07:25 AM

And what's wrong with java? Why do you think that c++ is better for a crypto coin?

You must be trolling.

Please everyone, let this ridiculous thread die.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: