Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:54:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7xGPU + Windows // modding AMD video driver is the answer  (Read 71687 times)
vandres

Activity: 158
Merit: 12

UniFox

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2017, 12:51:20 PM

I've tried to get hands on a z97 gaming 5 mobo but that one stock had weird issues. So I'm returning it now. I'm going to try my chances with z87 deluxe quad now. My goal is to get 7 gpu first then maybe more.

The z97 gaming 5 works great with 7 gpu for me.  Undecided

Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kisk

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2017, 07:52:38 PM

I've tried to get hands on a z97 gaming 5 mobo but that one stock had weird issues. So I'm returning it now. I'm going to try my chances with z87 deluxe quad now. My goal is to get 7 gpu first then maybe more.

This is what I'm using as well with 2 PSUs and it runs great. Win10
Persiville

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
February 28, 2017, 12:10:49 PM

The price is quite high.

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
MacT

Activity: 141

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
March 06, 2017, 07:05:06 AM

Is it still not possible to run more than 4 cards, mixing 470s/480s, in win7?  When I try to add a 5th it works great but seemingly chosen at random one of the previous working cards will always develops the dread error 43 and stops working. Sometimes I lose a 480, sometimes a 470, but whatever card is added as the 5th works when the old one 43s.

Makurika

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 05:30:23 PM

Is it still not possible to run more than 4 cards, mixing 470s/480s, in win7?  When I try to add a 5th it works great but seemingly chosen at random one of the previous working cards will always develops the dread error 43 and stops working. Sometimes I lose a 480, sometimes a 470, but whatever card is added as the 5th works when the old one 43s.

Did you run the mod as administrator?
MacT

Activity: 141

ZOHEM | DECENTRALISED USER BEHAVIOUR DATA PROTOCOL

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 07:57:37 PM

Yes, absolutely.  Several pages back, early on, people were saying you cant use this with 470s in win7. Some recently though have seemed to be posting otherwise but not super specific about it for certain.

ans34

Activity: 161

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 01:57:49 PM

So still there is no way to run 6 GPU with 16.xx drivers on win 7? 'Cause on win 10 i have random crashes or gpu hangs when on win 7 with 5 cards all works rock solid
lbr (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 05:10:35 PM

So still there is no way to run 6 GPU with 16.xx drivers on win 7? 'Cause on win 10 i have random crashes or gpu hangs when on win 7 with 5 cards all works rock solid
There is no way(known to me) to run 6x480(or 470 dunno) on Win7/8/8.1.
I forgot exactly which 6xGPUs don't work, 480 or 470.

I'm running 6x 290/390 fine on 2k8(w7 server). With any(looks like) driver version.

On 2k16(w10 server).. since Aero(not Aero per ce but d3d11 desktop rendering) can't be disabled(imo), OS UI consumes more GPU. So a bit more vCore is required. At least that's what I've noticed on my rigs.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
ans34

Activity: 161

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:15:06 PM

On 2k16(w10 server).. since Aero(not Aero per ce but d3d11 desktop rendering) can't be disabled(imo), OS UI consumes more GPU. So a bit more vCore is required. At least that's what I've noticed on my rigs.
card are with stock bios and voltages but still system crashes and reboots
niksdt101

Activity: 803
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 07:41:32 PM

I'm waiting for the AMD to release naples server with  128 pcie3 lanes ..guess its gonna support 7x support like charm
lbr (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 01:45:14 AM

..guess its gonna support 7x support like charm
But prly FirePro only, or whatever they are called today.

BTC: 18ozhbkfHneX8tnPgHJuTizyBmspM5Vgpa  LTC: LgVc7KdedPGZyDXHXEH9G7z6AoTmTvDdWb
cgminer 2.11.13 x64 portable for Mac OS X 10.6.8
6+ GPUs driver mod for Windows
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 04:50:33 AM

There is no way(known to me) to run 6x480(or 470 dunno) on Win7/8/8.1.
I forgot exactly which 6xGPUs don't work, 480 or 470.

I'm running 6x 290/390 fine on 2k8(w7 server). With any(looks like) driver version.

6 RX480s works very well under Windows 8.1, 5 RX480s should be no problem under Windows 7.  Try AMD releases 16.10.3, 16.11.5 or 16.12.2 but I have fan issues (random speed ups) with 16.12.2.  Use DSEO or amdpatcher.exe to sign the drivers, turn Testsiging ON using BCDEDIT commands.  Of course download Net Framework 3.5 beforehand (not 4.5/4.6/whatever) to get 6xGPU to do it's magic.  Install one card at a time, copy signed drivers over into C:/Windows/System32/drivers each time you add a new card, run 6xGPU each time you add a new card.  If you make a backup of your "signed" drivers and simply copy them over to Windows/Sytem32/drivers/ then run 6xGPU, and the reboot, should work fine.  Works fine for me.  PM me if you want all the details, but should be rock solid.   No more dreaded "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" :-( if you follow these steps.

Can't say about RX470s, but not a problem for RX480s.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
March 21, 2017, 05:04:05 AM

Z97a Gaming 7 is even better and I don't get those weird “shell” messages on your screen, with a “startup.nsh” when you move components around.  BTW if you get this screen "startup.nsh" using MSI Gaming 5 just move the SATA connector from your hard drive to a different SATA port on your motherboard.  With one or two moves, "startup.nsh" goes away and Windows boots normally.  No need to reinstall Windows if you see this.  I have not seen this error message with the Gaming 7, which has more USB 3 ports, HDMI, power on/reset buttons right on the mother board (no need for a paperclip, no need to power on cable).

Gaming 5 is fine, but I love my Gaming 7.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com
Persiville

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

Earn with impressio.io

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 05:50:10 PM

Z97a Gaming 7 is even better and I don't get those weird “shell” messages on your screen, with a “startup.nsh” when you move components around.  BTW if you get this screen "startup.nsh" using MSI Gaming 5 just move the SATA connector from your hard drive to a different SATA port on your motherboard.  With one or two moves, "startup.nsh" goes away and Windows boots normally.  No need to reinstall Windows if you see this.  I have not seen this error message with the Gaming 7, which has more USB 3 ports, HDMI, power on/reset buttons right on the mother board (no need for a paperclip, no need to power on cable).

Gaming 5 is fine, but I love my Gaming 7.

Are these more expensive motherboards consuming more power than the Asrock H61 Pro BTC?

▰▰▰▰▰▰      IMPRESSIO     ▰▰     THE FUTURE OF INVESTING      ▰▰▰▰▰▰
Lightpaper   ▰   ✔ Instant Withdrawals  ✔ Team with a huge experience in the field   ▰   Facebook
Telegram   ███  ✔ 5% Partner Commission  ✔ Automated system for investors   ███   Twitter
cryptonitro

Activity: 348
Merit: 119

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 07:25:37 PM

HI ,
please where is  update 2016-02-06 17:10

The only project make me believe ... Holochain
sikkan

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 05:01:45 AM

Hi guys, what do you think about the 7990s? I have 3 incoming and would love to have it to work Smiley I have integrated GPU on my CPU. Best to disable it I guess? What I am afraid of IF I do that I´ll lose headless function. As of now Teamviewer works perfect and no dummy plugs are needed.

What are my best bet to get this all working? I do have a "backup" plan, to use 2 7990s and one r9 280, which makes it a 5 GPU setup (if built in GPU is disabled that is).

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
     ▀▄▄▀         ▀▄▄▀              ▄▄
       █           ▐▌           ▄▄▄█  █
       █      ▄▄████████▄▄    ▄█▀   ▀▀
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
 ▄▄    ▐█████▌   ▄████▄▄████████▌    ▄▄
█  █▄▄▄███████▄     ▀▀███████████▄▄▄█  █
 ▀▀    ██████████▄▄     ▀████████    ▀▀
       ▐███████▀▀████▀   ▐██████▌
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█
        ▄█▀   ▀▀████████▀▀      █
       █▀          ▐▌           █
       █            ▀▀▀█        █
      ▄▀▀▄            ▄▀▀▄     ▄▀▀▄
      ▀▄▄▀            ▀▄▄▀     ▀▄▄▀

SOVREN

Blockchain Innovation for Securities Markets      Current STO Sale Price
          Trade. Pay. Borrow. Play.   ─────────────────────        1 SVRN = $1.00

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
Zitudent

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:47:39 AM

Hi guys, what do you think about the 7990s? I have 3 incoming and would love to have it to work Smiley I have integrated GPU on my CPU. Best to disable it I guess? What I am afraid of IF I do that I´ll lose headless function. As of now Teamviewer works perfect and no dummy plugs are needed.

What are my best bet to get this all working? I do have a "backup" plan, to use 2 7990s and one r9 280, which makes it a 5 GPU setup (if built in GPU is disabled that is).

7990 is mainly good for the ZEC mining. It is too slow for ETH mining due to the large DAG file.
sikkan

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 09:11:58 AM

7990 is mainly good for the ZEC mining. It is too slow for ETH mining due to the large DAG file.
Absolutely, the 7990s Will mine zec. I hope ill get all up and running in win7 Smiley

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█

SOVREN

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 12:08:41 PM

In case anyone is interested.

You can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free from the microsoft website and you can do it headless using teamviewer. Won't have to even plug a mouse or monitor into your rig.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
sikkan

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 03:49:58 PM

In case anyone is interested.

You can upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for free from the microsoft website and you can do it headless using teamviewer. Won't have to even plug a mouse or monitor into your rig.

God damn! Good to hear and know! If win7 fails with my triple 7990 ill give it a shot! Ty 4 info Smiley

▄▀▀▄         ▄▀▀▄
       █▄▄▄▄████████████████▄█▀ 
         ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄ 
        ██████▀         ▐███████
        ██████▌         ▄███████
         ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
          ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀█

SOVREN

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀