Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:09:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578441 times)
heskey

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:38:28 AM

Catia is apparently the lead developer, would be nice if he could reach out a bit more to the community and give us a status report. Perhaps there are even people who are willing to help out with development.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:41:34 AM

Catia is apparently the lead developer, would be nice if he could reach out a bit more to the community and give us a status report. Perhaps there are even people who are willing to help out with development.

Yes. Perhaps a weekly newsletter like Monero does. That really keeps the interrest up.

And a clear roadmap so everyone can see where it's going.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
istvandv

Activity: 342

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:56:35 AM

The problem here was you never got any support when trying to support the coin..

I'd like to start a pool for it but noone helped with the stratum implementation for it, nobody open sourced it..

1gh wanted to earn all the fee. Which is 2%. They pretty much earn 2% of current coin supply because everyone mine there and they can dump at any price.

they dumped already, the price crashed because of them also, rising the fee when you are the only pool, is greedy
0% fee : http://xcn.theblocksfactory.com/

nice timing on that post, if there was an AMD miner, id mine there  Wink

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 11:58:09 AM

The problem here was you never got any support when trying to support the coin..

I'd like to start a pool for it but noone helped with the stratum implementation for it, nobody open sourced it..

1gh wanted to earn all the fee. Which is 2%. They pretty much earn 2% of current coin supply because everyone mine there and they can dump at any price.

they dumped already, the price crashed because of them also, rising the fee when you are the only pool, is greedy
0% fee : http://xcn.theblocksfactory.com/

yeah , good pool but the coin is not profitable anymore to me, i can't mine at loss
heskey

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:01:17 PM

Yes. Perhaps a weekly newsletter like Monero does. That really keeps the interrest up.

Exactly, this project needs to be kept open to the public. It's clearly the lack of enthusiasm that is the problem here, if this coin is going to outlast future setbacks it will need a supportive community.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:28:45 PM

Exactly, this project needs to be kept open to the public. It's clearly the lack of enthusiasm that is the problem here, if this coin is going to outlast future setbacks it will need a supportive community.
I already mentioned a few pages back I'm working on an open source web wallet and a simple block explorer. Next job for Catia is to optimize slice sharing by storing a 2nd copy of the account tree in memory which is synchronized to 10k blocks in the past. That way the slices will already be ready to serve when they are needed and they wont have to be generated on the fly, which is quite an expensive operation. The next release of Cryptonite will also include another optional message argument at the end of the createrawtransaction command.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:30:29 PM

I already mentioned a few pages back I'm working on an open source web wallet and a simple block explorer. Next job for Catia is to optimize slice sharing by storing a 2nd copy of the account tree in memory which is synchronized to 10k blocks in the past. That way the slices will already be ready to serve when they are needed and they wont have to be generated on the fly, which is quite an expensive operation. The next release of Cryptonite will also include another optional message argument at the end of the createrawtransaction command.

That's good, but most people will not find this buried in a huge thread. Have you consirered having a newsletter, weekly updates, or something similiar that we can find in the OP?

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 12:31:10 PM

So but there is still no open source stratum implementation for this ? Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
thelastlion

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:53:26 PM

waiting for AMD mining software
Hix
Legendary

Activity: 1971
Merit: 1036

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:04:52 PM

i didn`t see it in first post, i don`t see any changes from start in first post. Very good coin with very bad PRomotions. Sad
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:14:17 PM

waiting for AMD mining software

it's like saying "waiting for the coin to die" lol
heskey

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:22:13 PM

You deserve creds for making this coin happen, I think everyone can agree on that. But I'm more and more getting the feeling that you are running this coin as your private company, and that's of course your decision to make.

But IMO, you should open-source it and make this coin follow the free distribution scheme:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Free_Software_Definition

Why not let other people create the AMD mining software? Surely there are people willing/capable of doing this?

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
thelastlion

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:26:46 PM

the question is that I don't feel the miniblockchain any faster than others
bitfreak! (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 01:29:48 PM

But IMO, you should open-source it and make this coin follow the free distribution scheme:

Why not let other people create the AMD mining software? Surely there are people willing/capable of doing this?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Everything we have created so far is open source: https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/

Anyone with enough skill can create an AMD miner, it's just a hard thing to do and no one wants to do it.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:36:46 PM

Selling AMD GPU miner 2 BTC ...

260X gives around 2.2 M/hash

don't hate on me amph
heskey

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:42:34 PM

I'm not exactly sure what you mean. Everything we have created so far is open source: https://github.com/MiniblockchainProject/

Anyone with enough skill can create an AMD miner, it's just a hard thing to do and no one wants to do it.
Ok, that's all good then, but what does ocminer mean with this?

So but there is still no open source stratum implementation for this ? Smiley

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:43:51 PM

don't hate on me amph

oh , so there was a private miner, well i'm not surprised, the coin is not profitable regardless
thelastlion

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:43:56 PM

don't hate on me amph
2 BTC?Huh
keep it for yourself Grin
heskey

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:45:15 PM

don't hate on me amph

oh , so there was a private miner, well i'm not surprise, the coin is not profitable regardless
You have to have some future speculation, 1000 coins now are worth nothing, in a year it could be worth a fortune.

don't hate on me amph
Please, share your work!

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
thelastlion

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:55:17 PM

I've stopped mining with my E3
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: