Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:58:34 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578452 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 01:30:33 PM

I was wondering if the community is strong enough to organize a new wallet with hardfork, in order to upgrade the diff retargeting algo (and maybe other little fixes).

dextronomous

Activity: 431
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 07:12:10 PM

why a hard fork, why not fix a working explorer,

if dev enough, this is not about miners, and sellers, this thread obviously would not be alive,

if not enough tickets on the "explorer" question were created, existing at the biggest exchange, besides,

the wallets, if read trough all these posts, since 2014, would tell you all of them working, even the xcn site?

and their beautiful download links, still up. wonder who's keeping it all up,

and eric did post a working url with a working explorer with flaws, and it should be up still anyway, is it gonna go up?

so eric, pm me man, am about to put my providers ip in the domain settings page, so it will be up from then on,,

but not yet,

sp or pallas you got btc address for the miner will send, btc? will hear from you if received, am working a lot so. 

till then the miners will lift the price, not a fork,. with all the coins already forked to classic" obviously the git gotsto feel this shit,

the good stuff out the newer bad stuff in, hope will work alongside with poloniex stuff,

oldschoolgamer

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

your damned if you do, your damned if you dont lol

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 08:41:33 PM

I was wondering if the community is strong enough to organize a new wallet with hardfork, in order to upgrade the diff retargeting algo (and maybe other little fixes).

If your best interest was in the coin itself and to see it thrive in all ways possible , I dont believe you would be keeping the best miner for the algo to yourself (100% faster for cryin out loud lol) . You have the skills and

ability to do this stuff.... most dont , I still believe your best interests lie within your own profits mining it . Sorry if that sounds nasty just sayin ^^ . You wont even sell the private miner to me or any1 else , like I

was gonna smash it with my 3 gpus not even optimised for it anyway lol . But the point is , if you WERE the lead developer for xcn right now ( you kinda are ) , your keeping a private optimised miner for yourself and a

select few .... thats pretty much shunned upon bigtime if a coin dev keeps a private miner thats better than public one at launch .... so what makes it ok later on? . With all that said , I dont wanna come off sounding like

an asshole here and I can totally understand you wanting to get some dosh for your dev work (i did offer to buy the miner and still rejected). Saying you wont sell the private miner because it will kill the profits and also

being one of the active developers for the coin (especially when you make suggestions like this) ...It just doesnt quiet sit right with me just being totally honest :/ Due to your obvious intentions of wanting to make your

own profits from it would your goals in changing things be aimed at your own benefit or for everyones ? If you can explain it in more details and the changes do make undeniable sense , then yes i will back them ofc .

Cheers pallas

TOO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES!!!   buy any shitcoin today double your money tomorrow Tongue ol crypto woes
Dont leave coins in Bter exchange ...they are straight up thieves and dont even reply when your coins disappear Sad
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 09:10:31 PM

You are mad at me because I refused to sell you a miner.
That's my choice, live with it.
What this has to do with talking about possible improvements to the coin is beyond me.
I started fixing and optimising the miner with the idea of keeping it opensource. I did many opensource projects in my life. I ended up keeping a better one for myself because I think the mining community doesn't deserve my hard work for free. Again my choice. In the end,  it's a money making machine and the community wanted it for free and without even saying thanks or contributing in any way.

oldschoolgamer

View Profile
December 14, 2016, 10:15:24 PM

What this has to do with talking about possible improvements to the coin is beyond me.
I started fixing and optimising the miner with the idea of keeping it opensource. I did many opensource projects in my life. I ended up keeping a better one for myself because I think the mining community doesn't deserve my hard work for free. Again my choice. In the end,  it's a money making machine and the community wanted it for free and without even saying thanks or contributing in any way.

Im not mad at all , dissapointed .. yea . I said what it has to do with improvements of the coin , i wonder about your intentions , obviously if your making money from a coin it is incentive to improve it , but a coins dev holding back a private miner....... as said , just doesnt sit right with me personally , i dont have any hatred towards you or bitterness mate and can understand your actions to an extent Smiley

If i was actually on here and aware at the time , I would have loved to be a part of the development of your miner (not that i have the smarts) , but i would have happily donated . If i do get around to using your public miner and it gives me a bit of an improvement , i will still donate regardless ^^ i will try it soon as i build my ubuntu rig . I cant talk for all the community , and i havent been here that long myself , but i think the stuff you do is genius ... stuff i cannot comprehend even , dont go thinking nobody appreciates it , Im sure a lot do , including me . I am always just straight to the point and am not shy .

TOO MANY MISSED OPPORTUNITIES!!!   buy any shitcoin today double your money tomorrow Tongue ol crypto woes
Dont leave coins in Bter exchange ...they are straight up thieves and dont even reply when your coins disappear Sad
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:56:39 AM

Yup and something newer like Digishield or Kimoto gravity well to help with getting dumped on by hashrate.

A lot of the older strong coins really need to be updated.

Im not mad at all , dissapointed .. yea . I said what it has to do with improvements of the coin , i wonder about your intentions , obviously if your making money from a coin it is incentive to improve it , but a coins dev holding back a private miner....... as said , just doesnt sit right with me personally , i dont have any hatred towards you or bitterness mate and can understand your actions to an extent Smiley

If i was actually on here and aware at the time , I would have loved to be a part of the development of your miner (not that i have the smarts) , but i would have happily donated . If i do get around to using your public miner and it gives me a bit of an improvement , i will still donate regardless ^^ i will try it soon as i build my ubuntu rig . I cant talk for all the community , and i havent been here that long myself , but i think the stuff you do is genius ... stuff i cannot comprehend even , dont go thinking nobody appreciates it , Im sure a lot do , including me . I am always just straight to the point and am not shy .

You're disgruntled. Show interest in increasing hashrate to SP, Epsylon, or DJM so they can gauge how much interest there is in algo and then they'll optimize it as they do it for money. SP already started. He'll probably consider optimizing and selling a better version if there is interest.

Pallas made his choice. He could've easily made a private percent based miner and had like 10% of the networked mined coins too, but he choose to sell to a couple people. Hell he could've gave me that deal and I would've pushed all the other miners out of the coin.

PS your responses are too long and have very little content in them. Make something more concise and readable.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
oldschoolgamer

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 01:56:44 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2016, 03:46:28 PM by oldschoolgamer

says the guy with "i buy private nvidia miners" in his tag . besides , i did increase world hash a heap via a rant more than i ever could have if i was sold the private miner .

Dr_Victor

Activity: 954
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:26:50 AM

I've got the error with zcn wallet: Assertion failed! File trieview.cpp, Line 305 Expression: blockCache.ReadBlockFromDisk(block, pindex)

Can anyone help me?

yobit.net is banned from signatures
dextronomous

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:34:13 PM

hi there.,

eric thanks for putting it up, works great, loads of connections, is it gonna stay all the way up.

gonna donate if mining gonna be possible, will for sure, right now only on suprnva with secret miners,

1ghs does not work, solo? do not have the right miner i guess,.

pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:35:48 PM

solo does work with my opensource miner.

Dr_Victor

Activity: 954

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 04:46:30 PM

solo does work with my opensource miner.
But wallet doesn't work

yobit.net is banned from signatures
dextronomous

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 06:07:25 PM

Hi there, Mr. Pallas, that one has not got a windows compiled version,
 wich i am not sure if i would be getting into that it would be worth my time,

then after would actually be needing the fastest amd miner, and maybe the nvidia one, but both in one pack could be better,

then again, the eric guy did made the explorer come online,, thanks to him funds will be released to guys,
and trading will continue even further, stalled on one exchange,

but where to find old miners that also do solo mining, the xcn site has got cpu miner.. that already improved and still not able to solo>.

victor, you should delete all blocks, download em from a few post earlier, then  you should be good to go, use it at first with an empty wallet, and no conf file.

laters..

Blockchain Mechanic

Activity: 380
Merit: 103

Developer and Consultant

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2016, 03:40:39 PM

Hello all

I have been referred to this coin from my thread :- Blockchain Mechanic's Revival thread

I am working on reviving coins that have active followings and if you are open to my working on this , please respond here or on in my thread.

Thanks.

Equality vs Equity...
Discord :- BlockMechanic#8560
dextronomous

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 07:30:49 PM

Hi there exeric,

question for you, are you hosting the daemon on vps or locally, so how is you;re server setup i meant,

domain, vps, etc. could you somewhat explain,
thanks for having this one setup.. love you re work.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 08:25:13 PM

I think I asked a while ago and didn't get a response:

Can anyone explain the benefits of cryptonite mini blockchain scheme compared to just running a pruned node for Bitcoin or a clone?
AhmedMSedeek

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:03:09 PM

I think I asked a while ago and didn't get a response:

Can anyone explain the benefits of cryptonite mini blockchain scheme compared to just running a pruned node for Bitcoin or a clone?

To make it simple:
- Pruned node requires to download the whole blockchain for verification then prune it.
- To keep the blockchain more handy to download, you need the block limit to prevent it from exploding.
- With mini-blockchain no limit is needed, so it's already designed to handle a lot of transactions just like VISA and MasterCard.

edit:
Forgot to mention that:
- The more the blockchain size is, the harder it is to host a full node, the more centralized the coin becomes.

I'm not that big fan for Cryptonite itself, but I'm rather a fan with the concept of the mini-blockchain schema itself, and that's because there's a lot of things that can be improved in a new coin with mini-blockchain schema that virtually makes it the #1 coin in the community.
ExEric3

Activity: 176

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 09:52:10 PM

Hi there exeric,

question for you, are you hosting the daemon on vps or locally, so how is you;re server setup i meant,

domain, vps, etc. could you somewhat explain,
thanks for having this one setup.. love you re work.

Its on VPS. Donations will be needed. I used my old domain from pools.
dextronomous

View Profile
December 17, 2016, 11:30:30 PM

Hi again, thanks for quick response, is it that i could not make my local daemon found by the domain, i guess you get it?

is there a work around for this,

i did not wanted to start vps, is your vps running windows..

i run local wallets, up 24.7 rather.

domain was already yours wow a real old cryptoniter, and vps and montly fee? how much you have paid by now then..
and will it cost you montly?
ExEric3

Activity: 176

View Profile
December 18, 2016, 08:37:27 AM

Hi again, thanks for quick response, is it that i could not make my local daemon found by the domain, i guess you get it?

is there a work around for this,

i did not wanted to start vps, is your vps running windows..

i run local wallets, up 24.7 rather.

domain was already yours wow a real old cryptoniter, and vps and montly fee? how much you have paid by now then..
and will it cost you montly?

Its Debian 7 with custom compiled apache2 and php specifically just for this old explorer. Monthly its 10$.
ioglnx

Activity: 574

Fighting mob law and inquisition in this forum

View Profile
December 19, 2016, 10:14:10 AM

Now it is official:

Poloniex is dropping XCN.
On January 4th 2017, the following markets will be delisted: MMNXT, BITCNY, NBT, DIEM, LTBC, RDD, XST, XCN, XDN, SYNC, CGA, GEO, BLOCK, 1CR
Posted by MobyDick at 2016-12-19 04:33:10

GTX 1080Ti rocks da house... seriously... this card is a beast³
Owning by now 18x GTX1080Ti :-D @serious love of efficiency
Pages: « 1 ... 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: