Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:16:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine  (Read 578441 times)
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:22:01 AM

I'm European, living in Thailand and I use bx.in.th.

On BX I can invest in cryptonite.

XCN/BTC Cryptonite

Last price : 0.00000084
Change : -5.62%
Volume : 989,681 XCN

I only have 1 question, why will I invest in Cryptonite, or why will I advice people in Thailand and Europe to invest in it?

The website about Cryptonite's, home page is ok, but "development news" looks "Not-Professional" and is out-dated. Last input was from 19th of September 2014.

I'ts maybe possible for go for the fast gaine, hoping on a positive change and fast redraw the investment.

But we are more looking for a long time project.

I repeat my question : Why will I/We add Cryptonite in or long time investment strategie?

PS: The very low price is not an argument.

Cryptonite is still in active development but we have some issues:

- difficulty in entering new exchanges now that some (where we have been historically strong) were closed (luckly, novaexchange seem to be headed for a relaunch).
- need to organise a rebranding or at least an update of the website and other information, but before investing in communication we should fix the previous point.
- my time is limited and I'd need support from community (which has been great till now): for a serious relaunch we need to work on the previous 2 points.

So well, things are progressing slowly but after 4 years we are still here with our innovative technology, which in part is still unique in the crypto world. And this is a proof that we are not a scam or P&D scheme like most of the other coins, which may have a lot of support but end up as worthless.

Thanks for your support.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 09:53:16 AM

- difficulty in entering new exchanges now that some (where we have been historically strong) were closed (luckly, novaexchange seem to be headed for a relaunch).
- need to organise a rebranding or at least an update of the website and other information, but before investing in communication we should fix the previous point.
- my time is limited and I'd need support from community (which has been great till now): for a serious relaunch we need to work on the previous 2 points.

So well, things are progressing slowly but after 4 years we are still here with our innovative technology, which in part is still unique in the crypto world. And this is a proof that we are not a scam or P&D scheme like most of the other coins, which may have a lot of support but end up as worthless.

Thanks for your support.

Hi Pallas, I'm pleased to see you are still enjoying working on this groundbreaking yet sadly underperforming and all but forgotten project. Smiley

I wish we had rebranded to Minicoin when we had the chance (and I wasted money grabbing the domains on behalf of the community).

Too bad TPTB refused to listen to reason when we mere users in the peanut gallery explained why Cryptonite is such a godawful, counterproductive, self-defeating name for the project.

Anyway....

I would very much appreciate it if you could ELI5 the difference between the mini-blockchain and a DAG (like Raiblocks).

In my dim, filthy casual understanding, XCN's mini-blockchain is somehow kind of like a type of proto-DAG but I'm having difficulty analyzing and articulating the technical bits.

TIA for educating and uplifting. Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 10:19:53 AM

Thanks for your support.

Hi Pallas, I'm pleased to see you are still enjoying working on this groundbreaking yet sadly underperforming and all but forgotten project. Smiley

I wish we had rebranded to Minicoin when we had the chance (and I wasted money grabbing the domains on behalf of the community).

Too bad TPTB refused to listen to reason when we mere users in the peanut gallery explained why Cryptonite is such a godawful, counterproductive, self-defeating name for the project.

Anyway....

I would very much appreciate it if you could ELI5 the difference between the mini-blockchain and a DAG (like Raiblocks).

In my dim, filthy casual understanding, XCN's mini-blockchain is somehow kind of like a type of proto-DAG but I'm having difficulty analyzing and articulating the technical bits.

TIA for educating and uplifting. Cool

Thanks for your renovated support :-)
I remember the days of XCN renaming, though I was not a member of the team yet.
About DAG, it's kinda different tech. The DAG is about every client having its own chain, linked to the others. Mini-blockchain is about having a "snapshot" of the balances, instead of computing them from the full blockchain (or trusting someone to do it for you): this enables clients to start keeping the full blockchain from when they appeared on the network, or even later if they don't need full transaction data. Please see cryptonite.info for detailed description of the XCN custom tech over bitcoin base.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 08:38:25 PM

About DAG, it's kinda different tech. The DAG is about every client having its own chain, linked to the others. Mini-blockchain is about having a "snapshot" of the balances, instead of computing them from the full blockchain (or trusting someone to do it for you): this enables clients to start keeping the full blockchain from when they appeared on the network, or even later if they don't need full transaction data. Please see cryptonite.info for detailed description of the XCN custom tech over bitcoin base.

Great explanation, thanks!

From a UX perspective, what are the trade-offs (in terms of phone battery life, confirmations, etc.) of running an XCN client vs mining my personal Raiblock sidechain in order to buy a couple of pizzas or a cup of coffee?

Any idea or guesstimate where the tps top out, all else being equal (IE same number of users on the same mix of hardware)?

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 06:11:02 PM

Great explanation, thanks!

From a UX perspective, what are the trade-offs (in terms of phone battery life, confirmations, etc.) of running an XCN client vs mining my personal Raiblock sidechain in order to buy a couple of pizzas or a cup of coffee?

Any idea or guesstimate where the tps top out, all else being equal (IE same number of users on the same mix of hardware)?

A real life test of tps on cryptonite hasn't been made yet, and it's very difficult to make an estimate. What we can say, though, is that xcn transactions are usually lighter than the classic bitcoin based coin, because xcn doesn't need a change address and, thus, needs one less output per tx, making it lighter. Max block size is dynamic, similar to cryptonote coins.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 06:58:30 PM

A real life test of tps on cryptonite hasn't been made yet, and it's very difficult to make an estimate. What we can say, though, is that xcn transactions are usually lighter than the classic bitcoin based coin, because xcn doesn't need a change address and, thus, needs one less output per tx, making it lighter. Max block size is dynamic, similar to cryptonote coins.

Good to know.  Thanks again for the valuable info! Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
zhugy78

Activity: 304
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 03:48:36 AM

That's frustrating: I kept sending them peers and blockchain snapshots, they even sent me screenshots, it's allright, they must be very incompetent. I wish you a happy life LoL!
I can only say that this coin is really not very good at the sight of you. Thank you for giving me such information.
Geekxplore

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 09:41:45 AM

What is Cryptonite Coin?
In Cryptonite Coin is the cryptocurrency a so-called mini- block chain . This means that as part of the blockchain, nodes do not need to synchronize with the network for days, and the average user does not automatically become a full node.
Read More https://www.geekxplore.com/what-is-cryptonite-coin.html
bitconexcontrol

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:11:51 PM

Hi,

I'm a science computer professor teaching blockchain to my student in the university. We are implementing cryptonite in a private network that we have in our lab with 5 machine. We would like to implement a private mini-blockchain net and start to review the code and make some modification in order to see if it is possible to offer a smart contrat solution for mini-blockchain (master thesis)

We have compiled the code on linux mint 18 and everything was ok (following the steps in the github project page).

Now we need to create a private mini-blockchain network and we think the solution would be to recode the dns hardcode in order to set the new one (a own node seed), but we need to ask you some help, at least some directions to following with our experimentation on this fascinating proposal for scalability.

have anyboy in this forum implemented a private mini-blockchain? could you give some recomendation?

Regards
Bitcc
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:21:22 PM

Hi,

I'm a science computer professor teaching blockchain to my student in the university. We are implementing cryptonite in a private network that we have in our lab with 5 machine. We would like to implement a private mini-blockchain net and start to review the code and make some modification in order to see if it is possible to offer a smart contrat solution for mini-blockchain (master thesis)

We have compiled the code on linux mint 18 and everything was ok (following the steps in the github project page).

Now we need to create a private mini-blockchain network and we think the solution would be to recode the dns hardcode in order to set the new one (a own node seed), but we need to ask you some help, at least some directions to following with our experimentation on this fascinating proposal for scalability.

have anyboy in this forum implemented a private mini-blockchain? could you give some recomendation?

Regards
Bitcc

Making a private network is easy and quick.
May I suggest we continue the discussion on discord?

bitconexcontrol

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:34:32 PM

Hi,

Regards
Bitcc

Hi pallas,
thanks for your answer and sorry, English is not my primary language, what do you meant with discussion on discord?
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:42:57 AM

Hi,

Regards
Bitcc

Hi pallas,
thanks for your answer and sorry, English is not my primary language, what do you meant with discussion on discord?

Please use the new thread:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1801595.0

Here is the XCN discord (which is a communication platform):

https://discord.gg/psFsTMv

Vndeath99

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:58:53 PM

Hello guys. Sorry for the noob question but im not so familiar with these algorythms and dont know which to use. So my quesrion is, this algorythm M7 is same as M7M or no? For example if i rent M7M rig, can i mine XCN coin? Thanks for your time.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 05:29:03 PM

Hello guys. Sorry for the noob question but im not so familiar with these algorythms and dont know which to use. So my quesrion is, this algorythm M7 is same as M7M or no? For example if i rent M7M rig, can i mine XCN coin? Thanks for your time.

They are different. M7M is based on M7 but incompatible.
Please use the new thread.

ConcernedCoiner

Activity: 200

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 04:54:15 AM

Hello.  I was just synching my wallet and a yellow bar ontop said that my wallet blocks were too old and I had to click on the bottom, where it is showing the synchin, so I did.  It restarted the wallet.  Now I am getting incorrect or no genesis block found.  Please advise.  Thanks.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 07:44:17 AM

Hello.  I was just synching my wallet and a yellow bar ontop said that my wallet blocks were too old and I had to click on the bottom, where it is showing the synchin, so I did.  It restarted the wallet.  Now I am getting incorrect or no genesis block found.  Please advise.  Thanks.

You can: clean the datadir and sync from scratch, use the blockchain snapshot, use a backup.
Either way, please use the new thread.
We can help you better if you head over to the discord channel.

baby.phuong

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:16:47 PM

The standalone miner seems to encounter a memory leakage.
The memory usage increases systematically.
pallas
Legendary

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 12:18:41 PM

The standalone miner seems to encounter a memory leakage.
The memory usage increases systematically.

Which miner? Cpu or gpu? Link please.

josetus003

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 27, 2018, 04:28:31 PM

And it's not helping the coins are mined by few. If a lot of people could mine, there would be a lot more holding and a lot less selling.
ntduc125

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 06:00:03 AM

Maybe rather than coin just replace with bit or byte, so, minibit, millibyte, nanobit, nanobyte, picobit, femtobyte, attobit, zeptobyte, yoctobit, etc.
Pages: « 1 ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 [185] 186 »
  Print  

Jump to: