Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:01:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:09:50 PM

Response from Bittrex:
We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.
So in other words everyone and their grandmother's get the word out about SpreadCoin Smiley I've been tweeting all the exchanges everyday to add SpreadCoin and nonstop harassing the social media world with supporting SpreadCoin Smiley If that is worth anything to anyone you can donate to my spr addy : SdpQYCKXV8MQeKE6MSCK2J5JZP8sc3bxAA Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

sparkster

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:20:35 PM

haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin
And it's roughly 1 SPR per day. It has little sense with pools or without them. SPR blocks are generated pretty fast, every minute. So somebody with 1/1000 of net hashrate still can get the block about every 2/3 of the day. And even with 1/10000 it's every 7 days. When (if) price will go up, mining will be even harder, sure. But I like the idea that only dedicated miners will mine SPR, without switching on it for quick profit.

Idea of 'poolless' mining is good for coin security, even if it is not easy for miners. And honestly, I think sooner or later there will be workaround, there are some ideas ITT how to do it. But Mr. Spread is a good programmer and very good person. I think SPR will have a bright future.
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:25:47 PM

haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin
And it's roughly 1 SPR per day. It has little sense with pools or without them. SPR blocks are generated pretty fast, every minute. So somebody with 1/1000 of net hashrate still can get the block about every 2/3 of the day. And even with 1/10000 it's every 7 days. When (if) price will go up, mining will be even harder, sure. But I like the idea that only dedicated miners will mine SPR, without switching on it for quick profit.

Idea of 'poolless' mining is good for coin security, even if it is not easy for miners. And honestly, I think sooner or later there will be workaround, there are some ideas ITT how to do it. But Mr. Spread is a good programmer and very good person. I think SPR will have a bright future.

If there's ever a workaround that doesn't get instantly fixed, SPR will tank in value as it becomes just another short lived short term BTC/fiat hose for the ADD instadumpers, ie. 99.99% of all miners.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 06:42:41 PM

haha, i talked about this... good luck with a 300k miner on a 2.5G network...  Grin

If there's ever a workaround that doesn't get instantly fixed, SPR will tank in value as it becomes just another short lived short term BTC/fiat hose for the ADD instadumpers, ie. 99.99% of all miners.
I can't see any major dumping going on anytime soon though because what's the reward a block right now? 6.6 SPR or something like that? This is a hold till the price is very right to be dumped as far as I'm concerned but that's just my opinion.  I also believe in Mr. Spread taking any actions necessary to improve and continue to develop SpreadCoin into the amazing coin I believe that it will Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

scamkiller

Activity: 122

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:28:56 PM

I can't see any major dumping going on anytime soon though because what's the reward a block right now? 6.6 SPR or something like that? This is a hold till the price is very right to be dumped as far as I'm concerned but that's just my opinion.  I also believe in Mr. Spread taking any actions necessary to improve and continue to develop SpreadCoin into the amazing coin I believe that it will Wink Cheers
Most dumping  happened months before cex on the other 2 small exchanges.That's why the dumping is weak now.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 07:31:00 PM

Most dumping  happened months before cex on the other 2 small exchanges.That's why the dumping is weak now.
I also think with the lower block reward and how scarce the coins that are in circulation there is, is helping people not want to dump their SpreadCoin for very cheap and I don't blame them because this is easily a 500k a coin coin Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:44:28 PM

Response from Bittrex:
We gauge demand based off of tweets, hash power, length of bitcointalk thread, volume on other exchanges, etc. Follow us on twitter @bittrexexchange and tweet about how much you like this coin and Bittrex. We respond to creative and insightful posts to help market your favorite coins and Bittrex. I'd also consider coming to our irc channel #bittrex on irc.freenode.net and do some guerrilla marketing. The traders there can help you gain exposure for your coin.
Wow, I got the exact same response. It's funny that we contacted them at the same time.
SpeedDemon13

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 07:48:06 PM

Response from Bittrex:
Wow, I got the exact same response. It's funny that we contacted them at the same time.

Better off trying to get on Poloniex, BTER and/or Cryptsy.

CRYPTSY exchange: https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=9017 BURST= BURST-TE3W-CFGH-7343-6VM6R BTC=1CNsqGUR9YJNrhydQZnUPbaDv6h4uaYCHv ETH=0x144bc9fe471d3c71d8e09d58060d78661b1d4f32 SHF=0x13a0a2cb0d55eca975cf2d97015f7d580ce52d85 EXP=0xd71921dca837e415a58ca0d6dd2223cc84e0ea2f SC=6bdf9d12a983fed6723abad91a39be4f95d227f9bdb0490de3b8e5d45357f63d564638b1bd71 CLAMS=xGVTdM9EJpNBCYAjHFVxuZGcqvoL22nP6f SOIL=0x8b5c989bc931c0769a50ecaf9ffe490c67cb5911
hashcash

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 08:22:55 PM

You strong hand bastards!!! Have some compassion and sell sell sell! Tongue

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
   25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS   
   TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN   
           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:14:41 PM

Is there any Spreadcoin Wallet that works on a gnu/linux terminal ?

Thanks! Smiley

You can grab the source (link in OP) and build the daemon same as any other bitcoin-derived coin:

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...
./spreadcoind or ./spreadcoind help if you're unfamiliar with the standard commands

Dependency info etc. in /doc/build-unix.md

I thought my screen needed cleaning when I saw your sig  Grin

How many of these bad boys can I mine in 24hrs with an AMD R9 290?

Cheers.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 09:35:38 PM

Response from Bittrex:

Better off trying to get on Poloniex, BTER and/or Cryptsy.

polo

they had a pretty big stake on xmr doing well, and must be feeling it atm.
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:27:08 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2014, 10:41:57 PM by Mr. Spread

May I post a suggestion here?

Since some DRK features are implemented, and some could be improved upon, the original concept for the Darkcoin masternodes (RC2/RC3 releases) involved a protocol-level enforcement of the masternode payments. The problem with these releases was that there was some kind of bug that triggered sporadic network forking by misbehaving nodes or mining clients. The consensus wasn't working as it should.

In a sense, Darkcoin tried to use a dual consensus for every block: One for the transactions / mining, and one for the masternode payout. This didn't work as planned (there were sporadic forks of the network) and DarkSend development was lagging - so a workaround system was created instead that was "safer" and relieved some of the price speculation (it was the period of the great pump - and all eyes were on DRK news and how something would succeed or fail).

In that payment system (an evolution of which, is the current system of MN payments) the pools decided whether to pay or not in a semi-voluntary scheme. If a pool wanted to cheat payment, they could. The strategy was to shame the pools that "cheated" and it worked to compliance levels of 80-90%. The added threat of "enforcement" where Evan would "flip the switch" to fork off the non-compliant pools was also added as an extra measure. However, in my view, this is not the ideal solution to the problem. Rather, it should be done like it initially was conceived so that misbehaving clients are simply forked by themselves out of the network. No centralization / enforcement switch, no need for asking pools to play nice etc etc.

Perhaps the dev wants to give it a look* and see if he can come up with a system that works and which is free of forking bugs. It could also be implemented by DRK if successful, and it would also give added credibility to SPR itself for improving something in a significant way. The good thing with SPR is that, unlike DRK which is more mature, it can risk multiple hard forks to try things out.

* Perhaps the RC2/RC3 bugged solutions of DRK where there was a voting system in place to decide the MN payments are not the ideal concept for this implementation and another idea can be used altogether.
I think it should be based on the majority of the hashrate. If the majority of the hashrate agrees on masternode payments then others should be forced to accept it even if they don't agree with it and do not create forks. The only way to cheat would be 51% attack but with 51% you can do much worse things anyway.

I'm against introducing any centralization to SpreadCoin. "Hey, this is a decentralized currency but I have a magic switch with which I can turn on and off some major feature". This can be employed to avoid possible issues when introducing new features but not as a long term solution for any problem.

Developer of SpreadCoin
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 10:42:54 PM

Thanks! Smiley

You can grab the source (link in OP) and build the daemon same as any other bitcoin-derived coin:

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...
./spreadcoind or ./spreadcoind help if you're unfamiliar with the standard commands

I thought my screen needed cleaning when I saw your sig  Grin

Cheers.

Well after me boring the tits off everyone about the utter uselessness of pooled mining in the Darkcoin thread for months, when I stumbled on Spreadcoin which does exactly what I have been arguing Darkcoin should do, it would have been hypocritical not to take a modest position and support SPR. Having seen Mr Spread behave honestly, openly and competently as the developer was icing on the cake.

Then I learned that SPR was based on the DRK codebase. So I extended my position somewhat.

Then Mr Spread decided to implement some advanced DRK features... so I - well, you can guess. Grin

Your 290 should get you a handful of blocks a week...
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:23:11 PM

Don't think too many people are gonna be selling on a gem like this coin unfortunately not for cheap Sad I'm still trying to get some buy orders filled since 4 days ago but if anyone feels generous they can always donate to : SdpQYCKXV8MQeKE6MSCK2J5JZP8sc3bxAA or if anyone needs any work done I would gladly do it for some more SpreadCoin. Smiley Just let the NoobKidOnTheBlock know what needs to be done?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:28:03 PM

Don't think too many people are gonna be selling on a gem like this coin unfortunately not for cheap Sad I'm still trying to get some buy orders filled since 4 days ago but if anyone feels generous they can always donate to : SdpQYCKXV8MQeKE6MSCK2J5JZP8sc3bxAA or if anyone needs any work done I would gladly do it for some more SpreadCoin. Smiley Just let the NoobKidOnTheBlock know what needs to be done?
I've got a job for you. Buy some spreadcoins. Hey look now you have some coins! Smiley
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:28:07 PM

Thanks! Smiley

cd src/
make -f makefile.unix
...wait a few mins...

I thought my screen needed cleaning when I saw your sig  Grin

Cheers.

Well after me boring the tits off everyone about the utter uselessness of pooled mining in the Darkcoin thread for months, when I stumbled on Spreadcoin which does exactly what I have been arguing Darkcoin should do, it would have been hypocritical not to take a modest position and support SPR. Having seen Mr Spread behave honestly, openly and competently as the developer was icing on the cake.

Then I learned that SPR was based on the DRK codebase. So I extended my position somewhat.

Then Mr Spread decided to implement some advanced DRK features... so I - well, you can guess. Grin

Your 290 should get you a handful of blocks a week...

So, running 20 R9's, using GB power costs, would mean it is cheaper to buy 10k SPR then mine them over a 4 week period?
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:39:56 PM

Let's see what happens.
zdminer

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:42:26 PM

I will be generous and donate you 2 SPR  Grin
Hope this makes you happy, my bagholding wallet won't see market any time soon  Cool
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2014, 11:46:12 PM

We should all go on IRC. Lots of us are online.
zdminer

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2014, 11:50:35 PM

Hey guys, is there any miner that does more than 1500kH/s with 750ti??
Pages: « 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: