Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:40:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
linearzone

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:36:14 PM

Off-line cold storage and muliti-sig are the best security solutions at present .

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:44:03 PM

It's a good idea.Security is of great importance.
My proposal is a GUI muliti-sig Spread wallet.Nobody has developped a GUI muliti-sig wallet up to date.

Armoury does a reasonably good job of multisig and uses the standard backend (unlike Electrum which uses node.js) but there's a limit to how simple you can make it, it's a cumbersome procedure. If anyone is interested I did some multisig GUI examples for Darkcoin here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/quick-and-very-dirty-multisig-ui-in-python-qt-new-unimproved-perver.2197/   - I am not a coder and don't speak c++ so can't work it into the standard bitcoin-qt wallet that SPR uses, but it would be easy enough for someone who knew what they were doing.

If time is an issue though I'd rather Mr Spread concentrate on Masternodes and IX.
linearzone

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 08:47:29 PM

My proposal is a GUI muliti-sig Spread wallet.Nobody has developped a GUI muliti-sig wallet up to date.

Armoury does a reasonably good job of multisig and uses the standard backend (unlike Electrum which uses node.js) but there's a limit to how simple you can make it, it's a cumbersome procedure. If anyone is interested I did some multisig GUI examples for Darkcoin here: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/quick-and-very-dirty-multisig-ui-in-python-qt-new-unimproved-perver.2197/   - I am not a coder and don't speak c++ so can't work it into the standard bitcoin-qt wallet that SPR uses, but it would be easy enough for someone who knew what they were doing.

If time is an issue though I'd rather Mr Spread concentrate on Masternodes and IX.
If MN,darksend and especially GUI muliti-sig are integrated into Spread wallet,SPR is undoubtly to be on the list of TOP 10 maket cap.
btw: so many proposals in this thread,a roadmap should be sorted out now.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 09:16:36 PM

You guys (maybe) are forgetting that the 66 coin blocks were 10 minutes apart.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:50:14 PM

If MN,darksend and especially GUI muliti-sig are integrated into Spread wallet,SPR is undoubtly to be on the list of TOP 10 maket cap.
I've noticed lots of people trying to get their Spread through here and not market buy them but I wouldn't do it! SpreadCoin within the year will easily be a top contender coin in my opinion! I just can't believe how cheap it is right now to buy at 30k a coin!! If I had more free BTC right now I would go all in SpreadCoin and just sit back and wait for the huge gains in the future Wink Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 09:51:17 PM

...snip....

Really?

You know darksend and instant tx relies on a diverse and distributed community securing the network and putting in the effort to keep master nodes up and updated?

thelonecrouton has also argued (from memory, I'm sure he will correct me) that mining is less important than master nodes, so while solo mining is very attractive and closer to what Satoshi intended, solo mining can be viewed with indifference by some.

To beat DRK, with an effective DRK clone, the best approach would be to advertise SPR as a re-run of DRK for those that missed the launch of DRK.  Then climbing the mountain to beat DRK is a little less challenging. The lack of liquidity will remain the issue to moving this project forward in the short-term as Master Nodes are built around proof of service which requires coins.

Then there is the SPR code. Anything of potential value to SPR and DRK can be used by DRK.

Sadly, as you've posted this, I think I'm talking myself out of SPR. Maybe that's the second bottle of Saint-Joseph talking. Let's see what view sobriety brings tomorrow.
Coin-Moron

Activity: 540

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 10:34:35 PM

We need fudders to bring liquidity.  Grin

Tooo much firm believers in here. Yuck  Undecided
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:35:44 PM

We need fudders to bring liquidity.  Grin

Tooo much firm believers in here. Yuck  Undecided

Give me a minute to create some puppet accounts.

brb
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 11:47:55 PM

...snip....

Really?

You know darksend and instant tx relies on a diverse and distributed community securing the network and putting in the effort to keep master nodes up and updated?

thelonecrouton has also argued (from memory, I'm sure he will correct me) that mining is less important than master nodes, so while solo mining is very attractive and closer to what Satoshi intended, solo mining can be viewed with indifference by some.

To beat DRK, with an effective DRK clone, the best approach would be to advertise SPR as a re-run of DRK for those that missed the launch of DRK.  Then climbing the mountain to beat DRK is a little less challenging. The lack of liquidity will remain the issue to moving this project forward in the short-term as Master Nodes are built around proof of service which requires coins.

Then there is the SPR code. Anything of potential value to SPR and DRK can be used by DRK.

Sadly, as you've posted this, I think I'm talking myself out of SPR. Maybe that's the second bottle of Saint-Joseph talking. Let's see what view sobriety brings tomorrow.

1. Masternodes are very easy to set up and almost effortless to administer.

2. Solo mining is actually useful, and should IMO be rewarded more highly than the eventual 70/30 split with DRK. 50/50 would be fine with me.

3. I'm happy to see quiet, steady technical progress without all the chart chasing. "No liquidity" = "I can't buy as cheaply as I want to."

4. Developmental synergy is a good thing and beneficial to both currencies.

5. You're too smart not to buy into this. Grin
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:10:24 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2014, 12:33:53 AM by Mr. Spread

New version 0.9.15.2
  • Synchronization is now faster (only up to the lastest checkpoint for now)
  • No need to create and edit spreadcoin.conf to mine with GPU
  • Button "backup your wallet" was added to the overview form (as was suggested by thelonecrouton).
  • Monteserrat font is now used for splash screen and for logo in about dialog (as was suggested by LitcoinCollector)

Other changes are less user visible:
  • 40 seed nodes instead of just 1
  • Total money supply is now returned by getinfo (someone requested this)
  • New checkpoint

Download from spreadcoin.net

Mining without spreadcoin.conf
Now you don't need to create spreadcoin.conf to start mining, just run the miner on the same computer with any username and password.
How this works?
If there is no "server", "rpcuser" and "rpcpassword" parameters then RPC server is started in a limited mode where only connections from local computer are accepted, only commands related to mining are allowed and username and password are not required.
I will also make new versions of miners which will by default point to the local machine with correct port, right now you need to set wallet address, i.e. "-o http://127.0.0.1:41677" for AMD miner.

Developer of SpreadCoin
Coin-Moron

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:16:58 AM

New version
  • Synchronization is now faster (only up to the lastest checkpoint for now)
  • No need to create and edit spreadcoin.conf to mine with GPU
  • Button "backup your wallet" was added to the overview form (as was suggested by thelonecrouton).
  • Monteserrat font is now used for splash screen and for logo in about dialog (as was suggested by LitcoinCollector)

Other changes are less user visible:
  • 40 seed nodes instead of just 1
  • Total money supply is now returned by getinfo (someone requested this)
  • New checkpoint

Download (version 0.9.15.2)
spreadcoin.net

Mining without spreadcoin.conf
Now you don't need to create spreadcoin.conf to start mining, just run the miner on the same computer with any username and password.
How this works?
If there is no "server", "rpcuser" and "rpcpassword" parameters then RPC server is started in a limited mode where only connections from local computer are accepted, only commands related to mining are allowed and username and password are not required.
I will also make new versions of miners which will by default point to the local machine with correct port, right now you need to set wallet address, i.e. "-o http://127.0.0.1:41677" for AMD miner.

Kindly avoid the wallet download links from the thread.
Better download directly from the website itself.
Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:19:27 AM

These links are the same as on the website

Developer of SpreadCoin
Coin-Moron

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:23:43 AM

Hacker could edit your links when quoting somewhere. I will delete my previous post and its better you mention everyone to download from the site directly.
pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:29:46 AM

...snip....

Really?

1. Masternodes are very easy to set up and almost effortless to administer.

2. Solo mining is actually useful, and should IMO be rewarded more highly than the eventual 70/30 split with DRK. 50/50 would be fine with me.

3. I'm happy to see quiet, steady technical progress without all the chart chasing. "No liquidity" = "I can't buy as cheaply as I want to."

4. Developmental synergy is a good thing and beneficial to both currencies.

5. You're too smart not to buy into this. Grin

Ok - I must be missing something.  i went from 15 mh/s on my (10) 750ti's down to 29 kh/s on each?  What is the exact process for mining with GPU's now?

Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:35:38 AM

Ok - I must be missing something.  i went from 15 mh/s on my (10) 750ti's down to 29 kh/s on each?  What is the exact process for mining with GPU's now?
Hashrate just dropped? Are you sure you didn't changed anything?

Developer of SpreadCoin
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:37:18 AM

All I did was download the new wallet and try to start my miners - no luck.  I did encrypt my wallet but that shouldn't be an issue for mining right?

linearzone

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:40:28 AM

...snip....

Really?

You may forget that DRK is 7 months older than SPR.we'll see what's going to happen in the next 7 months.

Mr. Spread (OP)

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:41:25 AM

Hacker could edit your links when quoting somewhere. I will delete my previous post and its better you mention everyone to download from the site directly.
Good point. Although you don't need to be a hacker to edit quoted posts  Smiley

Developer of SpreadCoin
linearzone

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:44:24 AM

...snip....

Really?

You may forget that DRK is 7 months older than SPR.we'll see what's going to happen in the next 7 months.
plus,you may forget what happened in the first weeks after drk launched as well. Grin

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2014, 12:44:58 AM

Can you mine to a wallet that has been encrypted?

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: