Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:35:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:44:57 PM

Hash power decreasing while buy support increasing

So theres that... Tongue

Right now gives a good idea on how much side money is watching and jumping in before the boat sets sail.

Markets looks leaps and bounds better than yesterday all around.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:52:59 PM

The nice thing is the community is so friendly and so open to having new people come and join the Sprevolution Wink The more people that SpreadCoin attracts to its community the better it is for everyone that is involved with SpreadCoin plus the fact that the mining is getting to the point where it's not worth dumping below 25k a coin is also nice for the price to stay stable and slowly grow Smiley

Sprevolution?

This thread is a goldmine of meme-worthiness.
Vive le Sprevolution Wink We shall rise above the rest and prove that SpreadCoin can BEAT the SPREAD for altcoins in 2015 Wink Almost 40k a coin now someone is buying up lots of Spread right now Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:02:07 PM

Has been a few 10,000 SPR buy orders placed.

3.749     9998.26357621   0.00034500
6.9421  10000.0000000  0.00028000
9.5984  10000.0000000  0.00025067
12.765  10000.0000000  0.00020400

Good luck anyone wanting to buy bellow 0.00034500 from now on.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:06:09 PM

Has been a few 10,000 SPR buy orders placed.

3.749     9998.26357621   0.00034500
6.9421  10000.0000000  0.00028000
9.5984  10000.0000000  0.00025067
12.765  10000.0000000  0.00020400

Good luck anyone wanting to buy bellow 0.00034500 from now on.
Nevermind I got my buys set at 25500 lol Gonna need a dump and a half to hit those ones Wink But if I have to buy higher I will because I know long term this coin is totally worth the investment Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:08:41 PM

I had to move my low 20k bids up just a lil bit too -_-

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:12:55 PM

I had to move my low 20k bids up just a lil bit too -_-
Well as much as I honestly hate to say this but if any of the people mining this coin are smart and can appreciate the true value of this coin I probably wouldn't sell for any less than 50k a coin in all honesty but some people have a lot of these coins already and like to take their profits when they can but as the difficulty gets higher and the mining becomes more expensive the price will rise on its own but I'm just speculating if I was someone who was mining a couple hundred of these coins a day that I wouldn't be dumping any of my stash for any less than 50k a coin because I can easily see this coin reaching 1$ a coin in the future if not more Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

frontier8

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:13:30 PM

wish to see Mr.Spread to add more fancy features into this great coin~~  Smiley

Mentioned to M Spread earlier, since no pools and stats, maybe we can add some other kind of graph or informations to Qt to monitor mining.

One feature I would love to see (next to the internal blockexplorer) would be a messaging system.

If it were somehow possible to send messages to the recipient of my payment, that would be so awesome.

It would also go with the general slogan that could fit this coin: spread the message!

Ofcourse I am talking about messages that ONLY the recipient can read, and not everybody. They must not be publicly visible.

What I am thinking about is for example having someone pay for a software product with spreadcoin and sending him the serial number back, or something like that.
There are a lot of services which would be enabled by allowing the sending/recieving of messages.

So, whenever I send an SPR transaction, the system would also allow me to attach a message, but ONLY then. You can't send messages without sending SPR.

What are your thoughts, Mr. Spread?
This is really a brilliant and practical feature,hope Mr.spread could consider it.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:17:27 PM

Mentioned to M Spread earlier, since no pools and stats, maybe we can add some other kind of graph or informations to Qt to monitor mining.

One feature I would love to see (next to the internal blockexplorer) would be a messaging system.

If it were somehow possible to send messages to the recipient of my payment, that would be so awesome.

It would also go with the general slogan that could fit this coin: spread the message!

Ofcourse I am talking about messages that ONLY the recipient can read, and not everybody. They must not be publicly visible.

What I am thinking about is for example having someone pay for a software product with spreadcoin and sending him the serial number back, or something like that.
There are a lot of services which would be enabled by allowing the sending/recieving of messages.

So, whenever I send an SPR transaction, the system would also allow me to attach a message, but ONLY then. You can't send messages without sending SPR.

This is really a brilliant and practical feature,hope Mr.spread could consider it.
I'm pretty sure that Mr. Spread is pretty open to the communities input on what they would like to see in the coin which is what makes him such an amazing and terrific dev Smiley He listens to what the people supporting his coin want to see and he looks into helping out in anyway that he possibly can which is awesome of a dev to do for a coin that they have dedicated so much time to creating Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:25:55 PM

Goddamn it, someone just beat me to it at ccex too:
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:31:25 PM

Goddamn it, someone just beat me to it at ccex too:

No FREAKING WAY!!! There is a something brewing people and it's going to be big I'm thinking Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

frontier8

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:34:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that Mr. Spread is pretty open to the communities input on what they would like to see in the coin which is what makes him such an amazing and terrific dev Smiley He listens to what the people supporting his coin want to see and he looks into helping out in anyway that he possibly can which is awesome of a dev to do for a coin that they have dedicated so much time to creating Smiley
I guess Mr.spread is buy with MN right now.
When MS finished,I am very much looking forward to the p2p messaging feature ~ Smiley

frontier8

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:50:01 PM

Sum (BTC)    Total (BTC)    Size (SPR)      Bid (BTC)
2.9873            2.9822           8644.18106633   0.00034500
I'll buy some cheap BTC from okcoin ,then to buy some cheap SPR from bittrex.  Wink Wink

georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 11:50:35 PM

I guess Mr.spread is buy with MN right now.
When MS finished,I am very much looking forward to the p2p messaging feature ~ Smiley

I am still reading up on the whole thread, now on page 47, lol.

I want to know everything that happened before.

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 11:57:56 PM

What kind of stats would you like to see? Local hashrate will be mostly constant I think.
I strongly recommend Dev to add P2P chat funtion like talkcoin (which is dying for its dev is a scamer).https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619210
Since SPR has no pool,mining means the wallet is online ,which is the same with talkcoin.
Dev,plz consider my advice.
BTW: I appreciate your efforts made in the past months,thanks.

Very nice. P2P chat. And instead of having usernames you just "talk" to SPR addresses.

So when someone sends me money, I can personally talk back to him (even without really knowing who he is) and thank him etc...

hashcash

Activity: 78

Darkcoin Ya Bish! (Or Dash if you like)

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 12:26:18 AM

What kind of stats would you like to see? Local hashrate will be mostly constant I think.
I strongly recommend Dev to add P2P chat funtion like talkcoin (which is dying for its dev is a scamer).https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=619210
Since SPR has no pool,mining means the wallet is online ,which is the same with talkcoin.

Very nice. P2P chat. And instead of having usernames you just "talk" to SPR addresses.

So when someone sends me money, I can personally talk back to him (even without really knowing who he is) and thank him etc...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
   25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS   
   TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN   
           ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 12:38:14 AM

Wouldn't this bloat the blockchain? Unless the chat is not recorded into the blockchain I don't think this would be very good.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:04:53 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 01:15:30 AM by georgem

Wouldn't this bloat the blockchain? Unless the chat is not recorded into the blockchain I don't think this would be very good.

This would need to happen outside of the blockchain.

Messages are not something that has to be kept for eternity on a distributed ledger, in the contrary. It is something to throw away as soon as possible.

It must only be assured that a message is encrypted and reaches its destination.
After that, they are kept within the wallet.dat or so (if wanted). NOT the blockchain.

The blockchain would only be used by the messaging system as some kind of control mechanism:
To reassure that only the owner of an address can also read the message that has been sent (thru p2p NOT "thru the blockchain") to his address.

So probably Spreadcoin should NOT try to mimic darkcoin and its masternodes 1 on 1.
Instead it should strive to implement some kind of CHEAP and easily available MESSAGE NODES.

Forget masternodes... (doesn't requiremenet of 1000 DRK etc lead to just another form of centralization?)

What if EVERY SINGLE spreadcoin wallet would act as message node? For free?

I see a recurring meme with spreadcoin: It must be INCLUSIVE to spread easily. But special expensive masternodes are very EXCLUSIVE (meaning only people with money or early adopters get to have them).

There is nothing more INCLUSIVE than the spreadcoin wallet itself. Just download a wallet and you are good to go.

Just download a wallet and you can mine, message, etc.. at this point SPREADCOIN would really deserve its name. And truly hold up to its name.

We don't need pools, we don't need servers, we just need wallets and the network they create. Period.
And the underlying blockchain that keeps all that together.

Therefor I hope that spreadcoin and darkcoin (while obviously very friendly towards each other) do NOT walk a similar walk, but both of them try different things.
That's also the best way to reassure that darkcoin investors will want to ADDITIONALY invest in spreadcoin... not because it is BETTER than darkcoin, or about to replace it or whatever, but because they are perfectly complementing each other.

IMHO, spreadcoin shouldn't even try to go for anonymous mixing methods and stuff... don't copy darkcoin.
Just do one thing only: spreading the sprevolution.
Let's concentrate on keeping the coin very solo-mineable and let's introduce an encrypted pseudoanonymous messaging service (pseudoanonymous as in: you don't know WHAT the message is, but you could probably find out to what address it was sent).

Think about "E-Mail with money in it". Can you imagine.

This is spreadcoin, it should not walk in the shadow of darkcoin.  Smiley
It should walk by itself.

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:14:58 AM

This would need to happen outside of the blockchain.

Messages are not something that has to be kept for eternity on a distributed ledger, in the contrary. It is something to throw away as soon as possible.

It must only be assured that a message is encrypted and reaches its destination.
After that, they are kept within the wallet.dat or so (if wanted). NOT the blockchain.

The blockchain would only be used by the messaging system as some kind of control:
To reassure that only the owner of an address can also read the message that has been sent (thru p2p NOT thru the blockchain) to this address.

So probably Spreadcoin should NOT try to mimic darkcoin and its masternodes 1 by 1.
Instead it should strive to implement some kind of CHEAP and easily available MESSAGE NODES.

Forget masternodes... (doesn't requiremenet of 1000 DRK etc lead to just another form of centralization?)

What if EVERY SINGLE spreadcoin wallet would act as message node? For free?

I see a recurring meme with spreadcoin: It must be INCLUSIVE to spread easily. But special expensive masternodes are very EXCLUSIVE (meaning only people with money or early adopters get to have them).

There is nothing more INCLUSIVE than the spreadcoin wallet itself. Just download a wallet and you are good to go.

Just download a wallet and you can mine, message, etc.. at this point SPREADCOIN would really deserve its name. And truly hold up to its name.

Therefor I hope that spreadcoin and darkcoin (while obviously very friendly towards each other) do NOT walk a similar walk, but both of them try different things.
That's also the best way to reassure that darkcoin investors will want to ADDITIONALY invest in spreadcoin... not because it is BETTER than darkcoin, or about to replace it or whatever, but because they are perfectly complementing each other.

IMHO, spreadcoin shouldn't even try to go for anonymous mixing methods and stuff... don't copy darkcoin.
Just do one thing only: spreading.
Let's concentrate on keeping the coin very solo-mineable and let's introduce an encrypted pseudoanonymous messaging service (you don't want WHAT the message is, but you could find out to what address it was sent).

This is spreadcoin, it should not walk in the shadow of darkcoin.  Smiley
It should walk by itself.
I've got a good idea:

We have message nodes that are free to run. When your wallet recieves a transaction it checks with the message nodes for messages sent at that same time and it downloads your message and decrypts it. To make sure the messaging nodes don't know the ip of the addresses we could make each wallet randomly check the message nodes even when they don't receive a transaction. Then the nodes won't know which address corresponds with each ip.

We can also have a limit to how long messages are stored. Maybe after a fortnight of storage on the message nodes the message is deleted.
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:20:58 AM

We have message nodes that are free to run. When your wallet recieves a transaction it checks with the message nodes for messages sent at that same time and it downloads your message and decrypts it. To make sure the messaging nodes don't know the ip of the addresses we could make each wallet randomly check the message nodes even when they don't receive a transaction. Then the nodes won't know which address corresponds with each ip.

We can also have a limit to how long messages are stored. Maybe after a fortnight of storage on the message nodes the message is deleted.

What if a wallet / message node constantly receives and sends thru completely random messages that are sent around the world at every moment?
Like a stream of data, that SPREADS (again this word) thru all the wallets ...

... and only the wallet that realizes that the message is designated for it will open it and be able to make it readable.
It will probably even keep sending the message to other nodes for a while, so as not to reveal that it was the "endpoint" for this message.

this way we wouldnt need ANY ip obfuscation...
Think of it like a constant stream of data (a stream of bottle messages), and nobody sees that you briefly took a bootle out of the stream, read its content and put it back into the stream with all the other bottles...

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 01:23:29 AM

What if a wallet / message node constantly receives and sends thru completely random messages that are sent around the world at every moment?
Like a stream of data, that SPREADS (again this word) thru all the wallets ...

... and only the wallet that realizes that the message is designated for it will open it and be able to make it readable.
It will probably even keep sending the message to other nodes for a while, so as not to reveal that it was the "endpoint" for this message.

this way we wouldnt need ANY ip obfuscation...
Think of it like a constant stream of data (a stream of bottle messages), and nobody sees that you briefly took a bootle out of the stream, read its content and put it back into the stream...

That's a bit silly since you'd be downloading lots of mb's of messages but not storing them.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: