Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:32:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810025 times)
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:14:16 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2015, 07:48:30 PM by thelonecrouton

Hello All,

I'm happy to report that an automated script is now available for Linux users to get started with!

This package can take a bare installation of XUbuntu/Ubuntu and prep it for Spreadcoin mining. It can also be used to upgrade an existing rig for Spreadcoin mining. It is split into 5 different scripts that are triggered individually by the end-user followed by system restarts. It contains checks along the way to see whether or not an operation needs to happen (specifically, it checks if Catalyst drivers are already installed in step 2).

• sgminer1.in - installs common dependencies and other updates
  • sgminer2.in - installs Catalyst driver (14.9)
  • sgminer3.in - installs AMD APP SDK 2.9
  • sgminer4.in - compiles SGMiner (spreadcoindx11-sgminer)
  • sgminer5.in - creates batch file for mining

The daemon is quite easy to configure - just copy & paste the following into a terminal window:

Code:
mkdir ~/spreadcoin64
cd ~/spreadcoin64
wget http://spreadcoin.net/files/spreadcoin64.tar.xz
tar -xvf spreadcoin64.tar.xz
mkdir ~/.spreadcoin
cat >  ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf << EOF
server=1
rpcallowip=*.*.*.*
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
EOF
cd /usr/bin
sudo ln -s ~/spreadcoin64/spreadcoind .
cd ~/
spreadcoind

Be sure to read the whole Readme at https://github.com/snogcel/sgminer-install-scripts. I recommend installing the daemon between steps 4 and 5, then grabbing a sandwich / beer and hanging out for 15 minutes before proceeding so that the blockchain can sync ;-)

Tips accepted! ShAbDdueCdVuG3huNG9U2m7XFUqY4Hz9sS

Wow, great work! I shall test it later today. Smiley

OK got around to testing this on a fresh Mint 17 install.

1. ./INSTALL seems to call the arch scripts or something, I got a load of pacman not present errors.
2. So I ran each sgminer#.in script separately, #1 through #3 deleted all the sgminer scripts so I had to git clone them again each time.
3. Having successfully run them all, started and synced the wallet with the correct stuff in the .conf file, ./spreadgpu (and calling it directly via ./sgminer blah blah) gave me llvm errors:

... I think that any attempt at 1-click in-wallet GPU mining is going to result in never-ending misery, there's just too much to go wrong. Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:42:12 PM

Hello All,

I'm happy to report that an automated script is now available for Linux users to get started with!

This package can take a bare installation of XUbuntu/Ubuntu and prep it for Spreadcoin mining. It can also be used to upgrade an existing rig for Spreadcoin mining. It is split into 5 different scripts that are triggered individually by the end-user followed by system restarts. It contains checks along the way to see whether or not an operation needs to happen (specifically, it checks if Catalyst drivers are already installed in step 2).

• sgminer1.in - installs common dependencies and other updates
  • sgminer2.in - installs Catalyst driver (14.9)
  • sgminer3.in - installs AMD APP SDK 2.9
  • sgminer4.in - compiles SGMiner (spreadcoindx11-sgminer)
  • sgminer5.in - creates batch file for mining

The daemon is quite easy to configure - just copy & paste the following into a terminal window:

Code:
mkdir ~/spreadcoin64
cd ~/spreadcoin64
wget http://spreadcoin.net/files/spreadcoin64.tar.xz
tar -xvf spreadcoin64.tar.xz
mkdir ~/.spreadcoin
cat >  ~/.spreadcoin/spreadcoin.conf << EOF
server=1
rpcallowip=*.*.*.*
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
EOF
cd /usr/bin
sudo ln -s ~/spreadcoin64/spreadcoind .
cd ~/
spreadcoind

Be sure to read the whole Readme at https://github.com/snogcel/sgminer-install-scripts. I recommend installing the daemon between steps 4 and 5, then grabbing a sandwich / beer and hanging out for 15 minutes before proceeding so that the blockchain can sync ;-)

Tips accepted! ShAbDdueCdVuG3huNG9U2m7XFUqY4Hz9sS

Wow, great work! I shall test it later today. Smiley

1. ./INSTALL seems to call the arch scripts or something, I got a load of pacman not present errors.
2. So I ran each sgminer#.in script separately, #1 through #3 deleted all the sgminer scripts so I had to git clone them again each time.
3. Having successfully run them all, started and synced the wallet with the correct stuff in the .conf file, ./spreadgpu (and calling it directly via ./sgminer blah blah) gave me llvm errors:

That's an odd error.... Seems like it could be related to your catalyst install. Two of the scripts check system version using the following command:

$(lsb_release -sc)

It's used to set an additional repository and to build the deb install package for catalyst 14.9. Can you run that command and tell me what it returns?

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
frontier8

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 07:51:52 PM

I'll put a 300 SPR bounty on a miners hash chart.

Here is 2 miners chart: http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin/
  • network hashrate
  • top miners pie chart (>1000 mined coins)

Nice work! Smiley

Crikey, SNYqcyEtXr5UWpxMds8mQ9x8jo8fWFJVKz must be running several hundred 290's...  Shocked
we really need more promotion to attract more miners to compete with this 700MH/s guy. Grin

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:04:11 PM

That's an odd error.... Seems like it could be related to your catalyst install. Two of the scripts check system version using the following command:

$(lsb_release -sc)

It's used to set an additional repository and to build the deb install package for catalyst 14.9. Can you run that command and tell me what it returns?

It returns:
Code:
qiana

... which means nothing to me...  Huh Undecided
Mr. Spread (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 08:25:09 PM

... I think that any attempt at 1-click in-wallet GPU mining is going to result in never-ending misery, there's just too much to go wrong. Grin
Miner doesn't work with certain Catalyst driver versions. There is some bug in Catalyst, it crashes with "LLVM ERROR: Cannot select". It doesn't depend on whether you are on Windows or Linux, it depends only on Catalyst version.

Developer of SpreadCoin
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:12:33 PM

I'll put a 300 SPR bounty on a miners hash chart.

Here is 2 miners chart: http://104.36.83.126/spreadcoin/
  • network hashrate
  • top miners pie chart (>1000 mined coins)

Nice work! Smiley

Crikey, SNYqcyEtXr5UWpxMds8mQ9x8jo8fWFJVKz must be running several hundred 290's...  Shocked
we really need more promotion to attract more miners to compete with this 700MH/s guy. Grin

Lets just hope lxp15 doesn't fire up their 3.5GH/s rig  Wink
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:20:26 PM

I think we need a promotional team or at least one person, which will organize and handle contests such as signature contest proposed by frontbumper and also promote by any other means.
What do you think?
Do you want to be in Team Spread? Or maybe SpreadTeam? Some better name is necessary I think.

Spreader!

If you are in Team Spread you can call yourself a Spreader!

Hey Spreaders, how's the Spread going?

Hey fellow Spreader Smiley The Spread is going alright but I wouldn't mind seeing that price go back up again Wink But it is also crazy to see that there is someone out there mining a mint of these coins right now Shocked that's insane!!

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 09:35:20 PM

I think we need a promotional team or at least one person, which will organize and handle contests such as signature contest proposed by frontbumper and also promote by any other means.
What do you think?
Do you want to be in Team Spread? Or maybe SpreadTeam? Some better name is necessary I think.

Spreader!

Hey fellow Spreader Smiley The Spread is going alright but I wouldn't mind seeing that price go back up again Wink But it is also crazy to see that there is someone out there mining a mint of these coins right now Shocked that's insane!!
One day you are begging people to dump their coins and now you're wanting the price to go up again. lol Smiley
frontier8

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:43:31 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

One day you are begging people to dump their coins and now you're wanting the price to go up again. lol Smiley
thanks to that dumper(700MS/s guy) ,if he hold all the mined coins,that's really bad for this coin.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:44:58 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

Well I hit my buys and am all in on SpreadCoin now as it stands Smiley I put all my BTC into SpreadCoin so of course I would like to see a price rise lol I fully support this coin in every way possible Smiley I guess that is kind of contradicting of me to request people to dump their coins and then to ask for the price to rise again lol my bad Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

frontier8

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:48:41 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

Well I hit my buys and am all in on SpreadCoin now as it stands Smiley I put all my BTC into SpreadCoin so of course I would like to see a price rise lol I fully support this coin in every way possible Smiley I guess that is kind of contradicting of me to request people to dump their coins and then to ask for the price to rise again lol my bad Smiley
Now the best thing you could do is to promote and attract more hashrate to compete with the 700MS/s guy.In the meantime,that will increase the mining cost ,which of course will make market price go up. Grin

Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:51:25 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

Putting it all on Spread?! Nice. Risky.
Luckily the Spread chart looks poised for big growth ahead. Volume has picked up considerably and it looks like just a matter of time before higher-highs.

Wonder what Mr. Spread has up his sleeve for us holders?

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:14:10 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

Luckily the Spread chart looks poised for big growth ahead. Volume has picked up considerably and it looks like just a matter of time before higher-highs.

Well I've been looking for a long time for a coin that didn't seem like a scam or another shit coin and that had something to offer in innovation and I decided that SpreadCoin was the coin that was worth going all in on Smiley Plus you know they say "You gotta risk it to get the biscuit!" So if Mr. Spread delivers which I'm pretty full faithed that he will then my investment will be risky but worth it Smiley I can only encourage more people to at least invest in this wonderful coin Wink Maybe not all in like I am but at least something invested in this coin because once this coin gets the attention of the masses I easily am anticipating an easy 5X return on my investment Wink I hope anyways lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 10:26:00 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

Well I've been looking for a long time for a coin that didn't seem like a scam or another shit coin and that had something to offer in innovation and I decided that SpreadCoin was the coin that was worth going all in on Smiley Plus you know they say "You gotta risk it to get the biscuit!" So if Mr. Spread delivers which I'm pretty full faithed that he will then my investment will be risky but worth it Smiley I can only encourage more people to at least invest in this wonderful coin Wink Maybe not all in like I am but at least something invested in this coin because once this coin gets the attention of the masses I easily am anticipating an easy 5X return on my investment Wink I hope anyways lol
How much Spreadcoin do you have?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:35:45 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

I don't like to disclose numbers but let's just say if this coin reaches even half the price that I am expecting it to reach I will definitely be a rich man Smiley As long as the price of BTC isn't 1$ by then :p lol but seriously I own enough that I will be very content if the price reaches half of what I'm expecting this coin to reach if Mr. Spread delivers any of the new features that were discussed in the past for this coin Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

frontier8

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 10:38:38 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

I don't like to disclose numbers but let's just say if this coin reaches even half the price that I am expecting it to reach I will definitely be a rich man Smiley As long as the price of BTC isn't 1$ by then :p lol but seriously I own enough that I will be very content if the price reaches half of what I'm expecting this coin to reach if Mr. Spread delivers any of the new features that were discussed in the past for this coin Smiley
As price goes up and up,the distribution of SPR will go more decentralized.
Never worry about that. Grin

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2015, 11:13:46 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

What price do you expect it to reach?
frontier8

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:16:27 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

1.5 million satoshi  Wink

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:19:16 PM

What do you think?

Spreader!

1.5 million satoshi  Wink
That would be nice if it hit 1.5 million satoshi for sure lol but I'm expecting it can reach 500k a coin for sure Smiley So if it reaches even half that price I will be extremely happy Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 01:14:25 AM

please don't spoil this thread.  Sad
Who are you referring to? Me? because I was just asking what all the snip snip snip was about? Also what alternate account is this from? Anyways I think that SpreadCoin is a sound investment in my opinion and I love that this coin can't be mined by pools which is really nice as well Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 [125] 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: